shape
carat
color
clarity

Hello Rich / Advanced instrumentation dicussion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gemxpert

Rough_Rock
Hello Rich/All

Yes I operate the lab for the major company whom I work for.

The FTIR is great for determining diamond types, as well as identification of a myriad of gemstones without using the classic instruments so much. The 5x beam condenser and the DRIFTS accessories are excellent.

VU-VIS/NIR is excellent.. for sapphire origin determination and for diamond treatments as you know.

I have been working with advanced instrumentation for 4 years here. A studied a lot of this information with Dr. Hanni of the SSEF in Basel. Excellent courses - I highly recommend the SSEF. They have an excellent staff of highly knowledgeable Dr''s of mineralogy and gemologists.

Thanks,
RJ

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
-----------
Excellent courses - I highly recommend the SSEF.
-----------

The SSEF teaches courses in advanced spectrophotometry? I'd love to take them. Can you give me the contact info?

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
RJ, if you had only the choice of having one machine in your lab, the FITR or the UV-Vis/NIR, which would you choose?

Are you using the Perkin-Elmer FITR?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results