shape
carat
color
clarity

Hello, new guy looking for help !

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Htownguy

Rough_Rock
Hello all,
emteeth.gif

Just wanted to say hi, I''ve been a longtime lurker, first time poster.
I''m thinking of proposing to my gf in a few months, and I''ve been looking on here, whiteflash, bluenile, etc for diamond rings.
I think I''ll definitely go the E-ring route because the prices are unbeatable.

I think I''m set on a Round, G or H colored, VS1or2, excellent to ideal, 1.25-1.50 carat diamond on a 4 prong solataire ring, with a budget around 8 - 9.5k. I like using Pricescope''s diamond search because it shows alot of information on diamonds, and I try to use the Cutadvisor and plug in all the depth and table numbers, but my question is, should I be weary of sites like WF or Bluenile, that only show limited info on loose diamonds? ( i.e no crown or pavilion angles?)

i.e. http://www.whiteflash.com/round/Round-cut-diamond-2013803.htm
the info is very limited, so how should I proceed with this? Looking at the price, is this too good to be true or am i missing something here? The diamonds in my range are going for much lower $ on Whiteflash''s direct site than going through Pricescope''s search.

Thanks for your help,

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Htownguy,

Welcome to Pricescope.

If you don''t find the text below my signature too tedious, I think it will answer your question.

BTW, most options on the Search by cut db are for from WF, and I edpecially like this one.

Regards,

Htownguy

Rough_Rock
Thanks regular guy for the quick reply!
That link was very informative. I was actually looking at that diamond you linked to hehe
So what should I do if I find a Bluenile diamond I like, but can''t get the specifcs on (table, crown, etc), since BlueNile diamonds are not listed on the Pricescope database?

Thanks

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Welcome! The stone you listed is not in ther in-house inventory which is why it doesn''t have much information. you can call them and and they can bring it in for an evaltion.

I''m in Houston and my ring came from Whiteflash and they are fantastic!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2006 10:57:12 AM
Author:Htownguy
Hello all,
emteeth.gif

Just wanted to say hi, I''ve been a longtime lurker, first time poster.
I''m thinking of proposing to my gf in a few months, and I''ve been looking on here, whiteflash, bluenile, etc for diamond rings.
I think I''ll definitely go the E-ring route because the prices are unbeatable.

I think I''m set on a Round, G or H colored, VS1or2, excellent to ideal, 1.25-1.50 carat diamond on a 4 prong solataire ring, with a budget around 8 - 9.5k. I like using Pricescope''s diamond search because it shows alot of information on diamonds, and I try to use the Cutadvisor and plug in all the depth and table numbers, but my question is, should I be weary of sites like WF or Bluenile, that only show limited info on loose diamonds? ( i.e no crown or pavilion angles?)

i.e. http://www.whiteflash.com/round/Round-cut-diamond-2013803.htm
the info is very limited, so how should I proceed with this? Looking at the price, is this too good to be true or am i missing something here? The diamonds in my range are going for much lower $ on Whiteflash''s direct site than going through Pricescope''s search.

Thanks for your help,
If you want to use Cut Advisor, then I''d assume you''re trying to stick with a well-cut stone.

That being so, you''d have more success on WF if you look in their A Cut Above or Expert Selection stones. All those stones have crown/pavilion info, and most have Idealscope and pics of the diamond as well. These stones are all inhouse inventory, so they can give you all the information you want and actually pull the stones to look at them for you.

Their standard "round" cuts might be brokered stones, so not much info.

Blue Nile''s stones are all brokered, so you may have a harder time getting crown/pav info unless you limit your search to AGS graded stones.

Good luck.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Though I think the main thing is what Appletini says, their inventory at BN is largely virtual, still, based on the strength of the AGS cert, if it comes with one, BN reliably posts these, it comes not only with the desired angles, but if it a current AGS cert, with AGS0 for light performance, you might avoid running the numbers anyway, and call it good. Then, make your comparison to what WF has. If WF''s (or anybody''s) comparable option has the less well regarded GIA cert, all things being equal, you''ll want to ask why. Of course, when all things are not quite equal (typically the case) analysis is a bit less easy.

Regards,

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
So, for example, one of a couple to chew on...listed on the big db...right here.

Htownguy

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies.. Im learning a lil everyday.. hopefully my final decision will be a good one thanks to all the tools of the internet and you guys.

Regularguy : I didn''t even notice the grading report icon on Bluenile - perfect! , that one looks great.

Im leaning towards Bluenile a little because they do not apply tax to Texas, whereas WF does
12.gif

Htownguy

Rough_Rock
how bout this one on a 4 prong solitaire?

p.s she's a size 4...

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Same as the first one I posted above.

And with it, you have the advantage of the diamond not only having been pre-seen, but also, crafted by your friends at WF.

Now, a question...what''s the relationship between WF and the men''s hair club?

Nevermind.

Best wishes,

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to jump in to say that when DH bought my engagement ring in November 2002, it was from Blue Nile. We had nothing but excellent service from them
36.gif
So much so that we''ve bought two more rings for me from them!

Carrie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results