shape
carat
color
clarity

Hello need help in comparison

jtmqc2001

Rough_Rock
Hi, I am confused which loose stone princess cut is better. Saw both (princess cut stone) their GIA certificate. Approximately same price. If someone can help me pls tell me which stone is better for me to buy and why or "what" makes it better in your opinion? If you ask me what my great concern is? Is I want a stone that looks bigger? So which one would be? Your other inputs will be greatly appreciated as well! Thank you in advance

Stone A
Square Modified Brilliant

Measurements 5.44.x 5.42 x 3.90
Weight 1.01
Depth - 72%
Table size - 74%
Girdle - slightly thick to thick
Color grade - H
VS1
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Flourescence: None

Stone B

Square Modified Brilliant

Measurements 5.26x 5.23 x4.06
Weight 1.01
Depth - 77.6%
Table size - 68%
Girdle - thick to Very thick
Color grade - H
VS1
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Flourescence: None

slg47

Ideal_Rock
do you have images?

jtmqc2001

Rough_Rock
Hello, thank you for replying. Unfortunately I don't-- as everything is done online. As much as I want to give time in looking at it in person, I just gave birth and time is an issue at this point. I might ask my husband though to see it once I have chosen which stone and have it checked with an appraiser. But for now, I just want to choose which stone. (stone A or B) And it doesn't help that my husband isn't an expert in this as well --the reason why I decided to throw my concerns in this forum. (hoping that one with expertise can help me...)

jtmqc2001

Rough_Rock
I am quite knew here and been doing my own research but this is really just some touch choice for me who doesn't know much. Would the table size difference make the stone look bigger in my case?

Pls help, thank you all!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really, there is no way to choose without pictures! There is more to it that just the numbers. If you want to buy online, I'd suggest looking at WhiteFlash because they have ideal cut princess stones and they provide pictures, etc.

But stone B is really smaller than the other one, so I'd eliminate it at the outset.

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/search.aspx

You'll want a 1 ct. princess to be close to 5.5mm in diameter. And no, the table size is not how you determine the size appearance, it is the diameter. I'd search from .95 to 1.05. Sometimes there are bargains just below the 1 ct. mark.

jtmqc2001

Rough_Rock
Hello! Thank you very much for your inputs! :) It sure helped me make a decision.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results