shape
carat
color
clarity

hello, i am here. you may all rejoice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
It''s gorgeous!!!

I have a Carl Blackburn setting as well, glad to see someone else chose his designs b/c they are beautiful!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful, i just love those square H&A stones..and cushion is even better!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Well that ring is certainly worth rejoicing over! What a gorgeous stone and a lovely setting!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning stone AND setting...perfect!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Good job Diam100. I wasn''t seein the pix either.

Hi Pete ... awesome ring. Many times we''ll send out loose stones and not see the finished product so I appreciate you sharing the photography. I agree with the bunch ... beautiful detail in the setting and it looks like it accentuates the stone beautifully. When''s the big day? Keep us posted.

Kind regards,

Peter Kim

Rough_Rock
im pretty much cocky if u can''t already tell(check the title of my post), and im not here to coddle with all the fake praising. the smtr thread is sorta weak sauce, but it has its purpose and can be fun, yet it''s never contentious, which imho, should be (imma cal alum afterall, lol).

the stone i am completely satisfied with it; it''s a sparkler. im sure the level of precision in cutting that shit is prolly pretty high, which means something to me since it''s not just some mediocre product that can be mass produced, thus increasing pride of ownership.

the setting i was totally into it at first sight cuz of the crown and medieval antique look, but i have my ambivalence now. i do love the overall shape of it, but the detailing and craftsmanship could be slightly cleaner, although it seems like it was not a casted setting. the 12 and 6 o clock prongs are barely out of alignment, which is made more evident when the stone is set diagonally. i think there''s maybe...slightly...kinda too much milgraining around the edges, making it a tad busy. basically, im not completely satisfied with it like i am with the stone, but then again i can be hard to please. should i return the mug and have it redone since the prongs are barely askew, or should i appreciate it for all its idiosyncrasies?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/5/2006 11:45:19 AM
Author: Peter Kim
im pretty much cocky if u can''t already tell(check the title of my post), and im not here to coddle with all the fake praising. the smtr thread is sorta weak sauce, but it has its purpose and can be fun, yet it''s never contentious, which imho, should be (imma cal alum afterall, lol).
HI:

I am sure you did not mean for your language to be enigmatical, but this statement confounds me. What on earth does it mean?
33.gif

cheers--Sharon

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
You''re right, it is slightly crooked. Since you are considering a remake, you might want to mention the uneven basket as well, which is evident in picture #1. If you look at the basket, you''ll notice that the left area with the pave diamonds are slightly uneven and thicker than the right side. Also, the band area where the basket sits... it''s way too thin and might bend after time.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2006 11:59:21 AM
Author: canuk-gal

HI:

I am sure you did not mean for your language to be enigmatical, but this statement confounds me. What on earth does it mean?
33.gif

cheers--Sharon
I believe he thinks we should be honest when people post ugly rings. Instead of fake praises, we should just tell them it''s ugly.

togal

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/5/2006 11:59:21 AM
Author: canuk-gal

HI:

33.gif

cheers--Sharon

I''ll take a stab at it

3.gif
:

He''s saying that he''s a little cocky (doesn''t need his ego stroked) and didn''t post the pics of his ring in order to be coddled with fake praise (I guess he was looking for more of a critique) He thinks the smtr (Show Me the Ring) thread is somewhat informative and can be fun, but there''s never any contentious exchanges, which he believes would be a good thing (I guess that would be more fun!). This is, apparently, due to the fact that he''s a California State University alumni (?)....(I guess that''s some sort of inside thing that only another Cal Alum would understand).

Hope that helped.
41.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Togal, that makes sense to me I guess... But if I don''t like a ring, I could never say to someone, Congratulations on your ring, BTW it''s fugly. Nah, would never do that in a million years. I don''t think that''s very nice. If I don''t love a ring I refrain from posting.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2006 12:53:52 PM
Author: kaleigh
Togal, that makes sense to me I guess... But if I don''t like a ring, I could never say to someone, Congratulations on your ring, BTW it''s fugly. Nah, would never do that in a million years. I don''t think that''s very nice. If I don''t love a ring I refrain from posting.

ditto for me. there is usually something nice about a ring, whether it be the stone or setting. If you''re wanting honest opinions about a setting or things that are off, it''s best to post in Rocky Talky and ask, what do you think. People will be very honest over there, but when a gal is just engaged or a guy has spent time getting a ring and feels so happy and wants to share it here, it''s not the place to dog on them
1.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Cal = UC Berkeley, not a Cal State University
2.gif

togal

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/5/2006 12:53:52 PM
Author: kaleigh
I''m with you. I would never hurt someone''s feeling that way. Jewellery is such a personal choice anyway. People post their pics on SMTR to shamelessly show off their ring (something one doesn''t really get to do in "real life" without looking boastful)....not to get insulted. Besides, I''m yet to see a ring on here that isn''t lovely.
1.gif

togal

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/5/2006 1:00:33 PM
Author: ForteKitty
2.gif
Oh, thanks.....I learned something. (I''m in Canada....what do I know?)
21.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
togal, your kitty is so cute! he looks just like my beloved Figaro.

togal

Shiny_Rock
Thanks. We just adore him! Truly, he's our baby....a big fat baby (his name's Rudy.....can you tell I'm a proud mother!). I find that orange tabby's have a special personality. Very affectionate and personable. Figaro is a cute name

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/5/2006 1:09:40 PM
Author: togal

Date: 5/5/2006 1:00:33 PM
Author: ForteKitty
2.gif
Oh, thanks.....I learned something. (I''m in Canada....what do I know?)
21.gif
HI:

I''m Canadian too; good excuse for being in the dark?? Thanks for the explanations!!!

As for the being "brutally" honest or sugar-coating comments about posted jewellery; I live my life honestly but do not see any advantage in belittling or making folks feel bad about their stone and design choices. To each his own.
21.gif

cheers--Sharon

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Yes they do! mine likes to bark and he snorts like a pig when he''s happy.
9.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for translating togal
2.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
nice ring.
I like how it is set

tracys126

Shiny_Rock
Hi Togal,

Thanks for translating.

Peter, um, ew.
20.gif

Tracy

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful. I am sure she will say yes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results