shape
carat
color
clarity

hello friends i want to ask question about diamond ring

rocky2

Rough_Rock
can you please help me and tell me why this ring looks cloudy its 1.27 carat si2 egl
thank you very much for the help

dsc_0509_0.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doesn't even look like a diamond.

If it is,if hasa slightly blue tint to it, which makes me think it has over bluing, where a diamond gets hazy in the presence of UV light and shows a color, typically blue. Seach some of those terms and "Pricescope" and you can get some articles on it.

Also being graded that low by egl, could be inclusions.

Hopefully someone smarter than me will pop in.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doesnt look like a diamond to me either(sorry) but what is making it an SI2? Clouds? Could be affecting the clarity thus brilliance/light return of the stone.
Can you post a picture of the report? That may give us a clue.

rocky2

Rough_Rock
i buy it for 2300usd from ebay this is lesson (: dsc_0551.jpg

more image try to add more i cannot upload not sure why
**edited by moderator, please upload photos to forum directly**

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with others; have you had it tested by a jeweler to ensure it IS a diamond? In the pictures, it also doesn't look very clean, which may be contributing to the visual appearance somewhat. Perhaps give it a good (but gentle) soak in warm water & dawn dish soap, and gently scrub it (underneath as well) with a soft toothbrush; then post another straight-on after picture.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I hope you can return it.

rocky2

Rough_Rock
its test by the jeweler and its diamond its look good on finger looks very bad on photo. i have another ring with excellent cut that look perfect compare to this

the total depth is 67.5%, and i was not sure also its a diamond so i go check it and its confirmed to be diamond

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rocky2|1456232549|3994360 said:
its test by the jeweler and its diamond its look good on finger looks very bad on photo. i have another ring with excellent cut that look perfect compare to this

the total depth is 67.5%, and i was not sure also its a diamond so i go check it and its confirmed to be diamond

Can you see how much florescence it presents under a uv light?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is purely low clarity, probably I1 or lower in GIA standards. Lots of clouds, more than likely. Never buy an EGL graded stone because it is unreliable grading. Go only for GIA (or AGS but that is more rarely found in typical jewelry stores). I hope you are in a return period if the ring is new. Diamonds with low clarity like that do not have the beautiful sparkle you expect from a diamond. Plus, cut it the most important factor, and GIA Excellent cut is what the search should be limited to.

rocky2

Rough_Rock
i take this photo with dslr nikon camera with flash on it. i will need to make more checking and also bring uv light i just realy don't know why its look like this when taking photo, when i compare 2 rings one vs2 excellent cut. and this one without flash she just look a little less clear. its like Pandora box

rocky2

Rough_Rock
thanks for everyone i cannot return this ring the seller don't agree to return it. i will eat what i cooked (: but its lesson for life
thanks to everyone on the forum for the help, its great forum can study alot here

Q

Queenie60

I would not take No for an answer from the seller as far as a return goes. You can ask Ebay to step in via the buyers protection - they can help you to return the ring to seller. File a dispute with Ebay. I find that diamond to be unacceptable.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie60|1456250432|3994473 said:
I would not take No for an answer from the seller as far as a return goes. You can ask Ebay to step in via the buyers protection - they can help you to return the ring to seller. File a dispute with Ebay. I find that diamond to be unacceptable.

Ditto! And if you paid via credit card, that is another option to pursue, as they have buyers' protections as well. You may need to get an independent appraisal to verify it does not meet the advertised specs, but that would be a small price to pay in comparison to your loss.

Good luck! :wavey:

rocky2

Rough_Rock
thank everyone i will do this, great forum great people! if i was finding this forum before i was not falling with this ring and i was checking better

Q

Queenie60

Yes, do the ebay buyer protection help ASAP and please let us know the outcome. Wishing you luck. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results