shape
carat
color
clarity

Hello all - I am new to this

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Morgan

Rough_Rock
Hello folks

I am in sydney australia and am a novice that has been studying the tutorials and searching topics here to try to get a better idea about diamonds.

I am considering buying the following diamond for 11,500 AUD.

HRD Cert
1.06 carat brilliant
F VS2
6.5 - 6.55 x 4.03
medium girdle 4.5% faceted
pointed cutlet
table width 60%
cr height 14%
43.5% pav. depth

The certificate says proportions "very good" (highest HRD grade) and finish of "good".

The HCA gave me a 2.4 although Im not sure if I calculated depth correctly and Im not sure if that would make it noticably better or worse than the majority of other diamonds.

However, comparing the numbers to other diamonds on the net it looks like the overall diametre is a little low and the pavillion too deep.

In addition, there seems to be very little around in terms of quality diamonds in the .8 - 1 carat range - would anyone be able to reccomend a stone in that range in the country or a wholesaler in sydney or internet site??

Sierra Nevada

Rough_Rock
The only Aussie diamond guy here I know of is Garry Holloway.
It's his HCA you used and he frequently posts on this forum. I'm sure he could help you find a very nice stone, though I think his store might be located in Melbourne and not Sydney. I don't have his website url offhand but the links around the tutorials should get you there.

I have also seen several testimonials from people who've shipped from US dealers like Whiteflash or NiceIce to overseas locations, but I don't know if that is feasible for you.

Hope that helps a little.

Morgan

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice sierra.

I saw the diamond yesterday and was ... very ... underwhelmed.

Frankly, if thats what I can hope for at the highest cut grade for that certificate and I think about AGS1 I dont see that the fuss is about.

Im going to have a shot on the net with ICE (they have offices in AUST and can show me diamonds before I buy) using the info on this site.

Im still hopeful that this isnt a wild goose chase and that I can find something special because the "F VS1" "VERY GOOD CUT" the certificate suggested was a waste of time.

optimized

Shiny_Rock
, Garry's Aussie site. Maybe his services will be of use to you in Oz....

-Tim

[/u]

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results