shape
carat
color
clarity

Heirloom ring

slperan

Rough_Rock
Hi All!
This is my first time posting, but I love looking at all your beautiful rings! I have my grandmothers heirloom ring, the center diamond is a round .9 ct with 6 round diamonds totaling in .6 ct. My dilemma is I would like to use as many of these diamonds as possible in my engagement ring. Would a custom setting be my only option or could I find a setting I liked and have my diamonds added? My boyfriend is pretty intimidated by the idea of getting it custom made, so I’m trying to see if there are any other options. I like the halo designs so that would be something that would need to be added to the existing diamonds. Any feedback is appreciated!
Thank you!
ring_89.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
slperan|1372095549|3471405 said:
Hi All!
My dilemma is I would like to use as many of these diamonds as possible in my engagement ring. ring_89.jpg

It may be pretty difficult to use all the accent stones without going custom. Can you just use the solitaire? Or maybe incorporate the other stones in a band (or even a pendant as a wedding gift)?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would be much easier to just use the Center stone. The only way I can think of using the other
round stones is in a wider shank. Plus depending how nice those side stones are there could be
quite a difference between the halo stones and the side stones and the look will not be appealing.
On top of that you will probably have to go custom because we don't usually see halos with
Big stones on the shank.

Its a nice idea to want to use all your Grandmother's stones I just think it would be easier not to.

slperan

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for the advise! I was thinking of something like the below ring (I believe it's a Gabriel & Co setting). If I did something like this I would probably have to have it custom made because this only has two diamonds on each side, whereas I would like to have all of the round ones on each side of the band.

ring_inspiration_1.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Contact Whiteflash and get a quote for custom.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just keep in mind that the little round side stones might not be the quality you want for your e-ring. I'd really concentrate on using the center stone and then you can buy a setting like the Gabriel halo. You maybe could use some of the little stones for another project later.

slperan

Rough_Rock
These are all great suggestions! The round side stones are VS internal clarity & G/H color, the center stone is VS2 and G color. That's the information I have from the appraisal, I’m not positive what it all means and if they match.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results