shape
carat
color
clarity

Heirloom Emerald ring missing stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
For my birthday my grandmother gave me an heirloom Emerald eternity ring. The stones are channel set, I cannot tell what cut because they are fairly dark and sooo tiny. Anyway, it is missing 3 stones. If they are tiny stones, do you think it will be very expensive to have them replaced? Right now I am wearing it with the missing stones turned in to my hand, so no one will notice. Will wearing it until I get it fixed cause more stones to fall out?

I''ll post pictures of it as soon as I get my camera working again!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I lost an emerald from my channel set emerald and diamond ring [posted here in the RHR thread]. The jeweler replaced the stone quickly and at no charge so it couldn't be too expensive to replace the stones. I would not expect that the remaining stones would be more prone to fall out because they should not be sliding around. They should be secured in their spots.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since they are small, I doubt they'll be expensive or difficult to find. I would get the ring checked out anyway even if you don't think the other stones will fall out. It's an old ring and always good to check for damage that may not be noticed by a cursory view. When I brought my heirloom ring to replace the broken gemstone, the jeweller noticed that the shank had a fine crack and another part was dangerously thin at the scroll design section. I was thankful to get it fixed before I damaged it further while wearing it.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies! I didn''t think it would be a huge problem, but I''m admittedly naive when it comes to this stuff!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have any pics?
31.gif

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Once I get my camera back to working (it had a mishap over spring break..) I will definitely post some!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results