shape
carat
color
clarity

height of stuller solstice?

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have searched high and low, but I am trying to find out the height of the stuller solstice knife edge solitaire setting. I see the width, but no height. I may get it as a temporary setting, but I want to make sure it's going to match up well with my whiteflash 7 stone and it's about 3-4 mm off the finger, I think.

http://www.stuller.com/products/15520604/?groupId=7764

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
to clarify, I am looking for the height of the band off the finger. Not necessarily the overall height of the ring. Thanks!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The matching band says it is 1.86mm thick so I would imagine it is the same or close? Although the shoulders look thicker on the solitaire.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi unsettled. I have a solstice six prong medium(?) head on a knife edge solitaire. If you mean the height of the shank, mine is 2.8 mm high. My shank is #13 which accommodates a 1.5-2 ct. Possibly the others have different heights.

There is a low, medium and tall head. Mine is the medium which sits on a little donut and lifts it up a little higher on the shank. I can wear a band, but even with the donut, approximately 0.7mm, the diamonds on my band scrape the "flower" of the head, so I have a thin spacer.

_1377.jpeg

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
ringo865|1451953870|3970702 said:
Hi unsettled. I have a solstice six prong medium(?) head on a knife edge solitaire. If you mean the height of the shank, mine is 2.8 mm high. My shank is #13 which accommodates a 1.5-2 ct. Possibly the others have different heights.

There is a low, medium and tall head. Mine is the medium which sits on a little donut and lifts it up a little higher on the shank. I can wear a band, but even with the donut, approximately 0.7mm, the diamonds on my band scrape the "flower" of the head, so I have a thin spacer.

This is VERY helpful. Is that a 5 or 7 stone band? What is the height of it, do you know? It looks like it would eat into the prongs of the head a good bit. I have a 1.5 carat diamond, so I would need the same exact size you have. I would be fine with the solstice and matchin band used as a spacer and my 7 stone if the heights are similar. But I am afraid they aren't.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The all-diamond band is a 10 stone. I usually wear just that band with the spacer and one e-ring or another. The "ruby" band is already snug, so not good for multi-stacking but I had this pic on my phone. I will measure the height of the band later tonite. And yah the diamonds stick out past the prongs, so they do "chew" into the side of the head of the solstice. So I got the thin plain band to buffer and disguise the tiny gap.

Edit to add close up of solstice and diamond band WITHOUT spacer. Eek!

And a different flush setting that I CAN wear without the spacer.

Good thing I am trying to find a new setting for yet another E-ring :lol:

_1378.jpeg

_1379.jpeg

_1380.jpeg

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ringo865 that really is so helpful! Love the pictures. It doesn't look like the solstice is too much of a height difference from the diamond band, but yes. It is chewing on the prongs. But my band is actually doing that to my current setting too. My current setting is damaged and I don't know if I want to pay to repair it. I think this would be a temporary setting for me anyway.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you setting is damaged from diamond chew, it could get buffed out. I was "accidentally" sandblasting under our car one time with my rings on. Heh heh. The diamonds were fine, but it was interesting to see the gold under a loupe. Cool. But sad. It buffed out.

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
ringo865|1451963225|3970782 said:
If you setting is damaged from diamond chew, it could get buffed out. I was "accidentally" sandblasting under our car one time with my rings on. Heh heh. The diamonds were fine, but it was interesting to see the gold under a loupe. Cool. But sad. It buffed out.

One of my baguettes is chipped. :(( I could very easily just replace it, but I don't want to put more money into the setting.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My band is 2.84 mm high. Hope that helps!

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
ringo865|1451998578|3970934 said:
My band is 2.84 mm high. Hope that helps!

It is helpful! I had my band measure today and it is 3.25 mm from the finger. Do you have the knife edge band? I think you do right?

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the knife edge band for the solitaire. I do not have the matching wedding band. Your diamond band is going to be higher than the soli band. You might look into whether the tall solstice head would clear by setting the stone higher. But then the stone is way out there. Or get a spacer. :angel:

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My current setting is soooooo high and I am not a fan. So the medium is as high as I would go. And it would likely be a very temporary setting for me.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
now, I could be inaccurate here, but I THINK that comes in varying heights. I thought you could order it in a low, medium, high situation. I think this might be a question for a trade member that carries Stuller.

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
ame|1452090498|3971596 said:
now, I could be inaccurate here, but I THINK that comes in varying heights. I thought you could order it in a low, medium, high situation. I think this might be a question for a trade member that carries Stuller.

From what I understand from the stuller site, the head comes in high, medium, low. I just didn't want to waste a trade member's time if I don't end up purchasing. But I think you are right. It may just be better to have a professional tell me the measurements or if something else would work better. Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results