shape
carat
color
clarity

Height of Raphael Eternity band from the facets collection

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zaq12

Rough_Rock
does anyone have a profile shot of the raphael eternity band from signed pieces? i have a very low engagement ring and am very curious. or if anyone could tell me the height of theirs in mm that would be a GREAT help! I''m looking for about 1 ct total weight! thanks!

Hello Lover

Rough_Rock
Hi there! I came across this in browsing this forum and wanted to post to let you know how tall mine is. I don''t have a camera with me but I measured for you.

I have I think 5 pt stones(?) and mine sits exactly 2mm off the top of my finger. It''s exactly even with the "front" of my engagement ring setting but sticks out about 1mm from the bottom of my engagement ring into my hand. I wear a plain band that is the same height as the Raphael band so I don''t tend to have many problems.

The ring is stunning, I hope you enjoy it should you order it!

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Could you girls be kind enough to explain how the Raphael differs from the normal shared prong in the Facets range. Is one meant to be more luxurious or more sparkly etc. Do they look the same from above???

TIA Sharon

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Sharon! I think the Raphael band is slightly more open on the side, but it is funny not all their photos show the difference well. If you look at the rounds shared prong that is 2.00
cttw in the Raphael and then look at one that is their regular bands you can see more of a difference. I am not sure how the translates IRL. I finally got my band from them after it was
smoothed and it is great. The Raph band also is shaped a little different on the inside too. It might be a little heavier setting. I am sure Pawel or Isaac or Allen can tell you what exactly
the difference is. There is quite a price difference though, and that wasnt enough for me even though I liked the look of the Raph better. Maybe with my next one, because there
will be more for me!

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 5:19:21 PM
Author: luv2sparkle
Hi Sharon! I think the Raphael band is slightly more open on the side, but it is funny not all their photos show the difference well. If you look at the rounds shared prong that is 2.00
cttw in the Raphael and then look at one that is their regular bands you can see more of a difference. I am not sure how the translates IRL. I finally got my band from them after it was
smoothed and it is great. The Raph band also is shaped a little different on the inside too. It might be a little heavier setting. I am sure Pawel or Isaac or Allen can tell you what exactly
the difference is. There is quite a price difference though, and that wasnt enough for me even though I liked the look of the Raph better. Maybe with my next one, because there
will be more for me!
Luv2sparkle, I did ask them and got a very vague answer about the sparkle being highlighted by more light getting in?????

But I wanted to know visually how the settings differed and comfort wise if they were different.

Im going to guess that the Raphael is a more expensive line.

Im glad you were happy with your finished band and cant wait to see pictures.
36.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I have 2 Raphaels, roughly about .98 each, I think. It''s been about 4 yrs.
I was concerned the diamonds would scratch the band I was wearing them against.
Sorry, I don''t have a good picture to show you. My camera has been acting up
lately, but I could try tomorrow.
I worked with Isaac, very nice, I had no problems at all.

Hello Lover

Rough_Rock
The best way I can describe it as I bought both at the same time and returned the "regular shared prong" when I saw them in person:
The Plain Shared Prong has metal all the way up to the girdle on the sides of the ring.
The Raphael is extremely open. The girdles are almost exposed, but the metal on the prongs and at the "base" of the ring prevents them from rubbing a ring, as long as it''s not up against say that little roundy-bit at the bottom of some engagement rings.

Does that make sense? It definitely lets more light in, I think, because there''s not anywhere near the same amount of metal on the Raphael.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results