shape
carat
color
clarity

Height/depth for "thin" band

love succulents

Rough_Rock
Hi PSers!

I know the topic of "thin" bands in engagement settings has caused a lot of (digital) ink to flow here, and TL;DR, it is a bit of a buyer beware situation. I understand the design is inherently less secure than bands with thicker widths. I did read that increasing the height/depth could help compensate a little (though again, understood this isn't a magical solution per se). What is the typical depth (or height off finger) of a typical 2mm band? How much depth might it make sense to add to a solitaire setting with a 1.6mm shank width?

I am looking at getting a custom platinum setting made, similar to this BE setting:

TIA!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You should speak to the vendor who is going to make it for you. They should be able to advise you.

I'm thinking heights are like 1.5 on the lighter side to 2mm on the heavier side as far as depth goes. Not sure if
the inverse is true like if you go 2mm on the depth you can go 1.6mm on width.

Wait and get some more options though.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For sure, I agree with @tyty333 . Whoever is going to make it for you will have a definite opinion of how deep/wide the band should be. And if they will make whatever you want, I would be worried.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results