shape
carat
color
clarity

Heavy weight mens band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Marley2984

Rough_Rock
I LOVE the feeling of a very WEIGHTY ring. Does anyone have a mens band that is weighty?? if so what is it and where did ya find it.?? I''m searching mens bands online and trying to figure out which would be SOLID and HEAVY. My ring size is about 10.5 and i''ll be looking at either an 8mm or 9mm

I started looking at Tungsten at tungstenworld.com and now I''ll looking at gold and white gold also. Platinum is somewhat out of my pricerange. I saved the platinum for hers :)

RBD hunter

Rough_Rock
I looked at a heavy mens YG band from Movado.

I ordered a like band from my local jeweler.
Same basic weight and style just not the Movado trademark.

Description is a 14K YG 6mm wide size 10 and 12.3oz Comfort fit band.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband has this scott kay band in palladium and its heavy. In platinum it was a monster and 4 times the price. The scott kay bands were some of the heaviest we found in stores by far. His is 8mm.

gypsy%20scott%20kay%20J.JPG

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I don't know what your budget is. I can't tell from your post very many details about what you want.

Know this.

There a chart of relative density for different metals and alloys. (Sorry, I don't have a link! You can find it by googling. Trust me it's worth looking at.)

18kt yellow gold is the second heaviest metal after platinum.
Palladium is not a relatively heavy metal. It's roughly (slightly less if I recall) than 14kt white gold.

It's all different. It depends on the metal and alloy. I like heavy rings too! This is JUST ME but I'd save my pennies for platinum, or if not that 18kt yellow gold. Interesting fact about gold, it's almost as heavy as platinum in its natural state, it's just that platinum can be mixed with 5% by weight allow, whereas gold cannot.
37.gif

ANY metal you choose is going to be something to see in the size you're talking about! Good luck!

http://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/platcf8linfo.html

8 mm platinum for $1027 in your size (with ruthenium alloy- me likes!)- other available upon request.
The price of platinum is way down right now.
These rings are solid, not hollow.
The rings I posted are 1.8 mm think- imho, 1.8-2.0 thick is perfect for a man's ring, but they have one that even thicker and more $ (I'd truly skip it since this hits the 1.8 mark).

btw, I've held platinum rings this size in my hand. It weighs your hand down! It's like holding a piece of bronze.

Same ring in 18 kt white gold (requires periodic plating) and 18 kt yellow gold- $486.

BTW, WHATEVER you get, PLEASE post pictures! I want to see more men's jewelry here. We deserve jewelry too!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, that''s what I was trying to say-- The platinum version of my husbands band was super heavy. Considering the fact that the palladium version he has is heavier than many of the other bands we''ve seen -- Scott Kay uses a LOT of metal. Their rings are substantial. I don''t know your budget but, as Imdanny says, if you can try for platinum do that.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Palladium is beautiful (!) and I'd definitely consider it but my hand is small enough that I couldn't get close to wearing an
8 mm ring.
38.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
My husband has a 6mm Tungsten band and that sucker is HEAVY. Might be an option if you''re looking for something substantial and hard to hurt.

Marley2984

Rough_Rock
thank you so much for the feedback. I posted this and wasnt expecting anyone to reply. You guys totally led me in the right direction. I seriously love the feeling of a weighty ring and tried one on recently that blew me away yet the price was way to high. I will be aiming at a good yellow gold ring or white gold.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
you may find it more cost effective if you are looking for a plain band to have one made by a vendor here -say whiteflash or quest jewelers etc etc--in a weight you like--then you dont pay a mark-up for "name brand"

additionally--this is something you may find second hand (if youa re okay with that) on ebay or at a jewelers. my husband wanted the thinnest flattest band possible for comfort. i bought his at a pawnshop for 38.00

Marley2984

Rough_Rock
Interesting....I had no idea anyone could have a ring made cheaper than just buying one. Thought that would be way expensive.
I think i am showing my noob colors here :)

zeiss

Rough_Rock
I have a wedding band made in Tungsten which I ordered from Justmetal.com . I have it for a while now and it still look brand new. A word of warning tho, it is REALLY heavy.

Zeiss

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results