shape
carat
color
clarity

Heated Montana Sapphire e-ring

spicy_tuna

Rough_Rock
Hi all. New here and have been doing research for engagement ring sapphires. I found the below, and really like the look of the stone, but am wondering if anyone has experience with the vendor. He seems nice and responsive in my limited interactions, but I'm a little worried about working with someone I can't find any reviews on. He has agreed to send the stone to AGL and purchase a gem brief for me. The listing I'm interested in is here:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/250148360/312ct-heated-montana-sapphire-el-dorado

Also hoping to get thoughts from people far more experienced than I - I like the idea of a Montana stone (I'm from the US and want something I know is ethical), and know the heat is what makes this so much bluer than a normal Montana. I know that ultimately it's going to be about choosing whatever looks good to me (and hopefully my girlfriend!), I just want to be sure the price looks right, and get thoughts on whether it's smarter to find something that isn't heat treated. Any thoughts or help is greatly appreciated!

carmen1

Shiny_Rock
Hi there! I don't have any experience with that Etsy Vendor, the sapphire looks like it is going to be a little sleepy/silky and could possibly be darker than it appears in the photos - I'd ask for a hand shot and also ask about the return policy.

Your post reminded me of this Montana sapphire ring for sale - looks more green than blue, but figured I'd point it out to you in case you hadn't seen it.

http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/rings/estate-modern/2-67ct-montana-sapphire-halo-ring#.VjpeW7erQdU

QuantumStuff

Rough_Rock
Go straight to the source, Gem Mountain in Philipsburg Montana or BlazenGems in Helena

Of course there many others if you look around. Gem Mountain actually owns the land (mine) so if you really want to buy directly from the source, there you go. They even heat the stones themselves.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
While the stone looks pretty, personally I would not choose to do business with an etsy vendor who has made zero sales, has zero content on the store's Policies page, and does not provide an "About" page. I realize it is a brand-new store, but since the owner has chosen not post any Policies or any background info, I just don't find it a credible vendor.

I second the suggestions to check out BlazeNGems and etsy vendor MountainMamaGems - both vendors have ties to the Montana sapphire sites and are highly respected with excellent customer service.

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gem Mountain is great. I got my beautiful heated blue montana sapphire from them, but i'm not sure how many loose sapphires they have left in this amazing blue color.

1_392.jpg
montana_-_edited.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that although beautifully cut, it is a bit sleepy and possibly darker in person. I noticed that the stone is cut by Jerry Newman. Why not contact Jerry directly to see what else he has available?

spicy_tuna

Rough_Rock
Thanks all! Will look into all these options and give you an update when I have one. I really appreciate it.

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
marymm|1446672941|3945764 said:
While the stone looks pretty, personally I would not choose to do business with an etsy vendor who has made zero sales, has zero content on the store's Policies page, and does not provide an "About" page. I realize it is a brand-new store, but since the owner has chosen not post any Policies or any background info, I just don't find it a credible vendor.

FWIW, they have a website as well:

http://missouririversapphire.co/

They have some policies posted on the site, but sounds like they just went into business. They have some lower priced stones on their site, if I wasn't shopping for something else right now I'd be tempted to make a purchase and see how they do. Since he's offering stones cut by Jerry Newman, so there's at least one name on the site I recognize, LOL

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results