shape
carat
color
clarity

hearts on fire.. yes another post.. =0)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ATM

Rough_Rock
went to the local store today.. found a nice diamond .38 for ... a price of 1990.00 WOW. i was shocked. The diamond was a hearts on fire and amazing. but for that price i was hoping to get at least a .51 or .53ish... am i crazy to think thats too much money.? i recently took a pretty hefty hit to the wallet by some family crisis ( loss of job by one) and my ring budget is getting sapped by the day. I need to buy something quick before im left with a cracket jack box ring. hahaa..
Good news is my GF was really happy twith the size of the .38 but i would like to go bigger.

Can someone point me in the right direction for a similar diamond for around 1100ish??
Thanks all

ATM

ATM

Rough_Rock
Awsome leads. Thank you all. Do you think the jewler would be upset if I brought my own diamond in for a setting? She took a lot of time with us today.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 1:33:04 AM
Author: ATM
Awsome leads. Thank you all. Do you think the jewler would be upset if I brought my own diamond in for a setting? She took a lot of time with us today.
Can't say. I don't know her personally.
1.gif

Depends. She could be smart and happy to sell you a setting, charge you a reasonable fee for setting an outside diamond, compliment you on the final product, congrate you and hope for your future business.

She could be an idiot, tell you all internet diamonds are crap, qoute you an exorbant amount for a setting fee, or tell you that they don't set inferior diamonds in their settings.

Or she could be anywhere in between.

We've heard all kinds of stories here.
20.gif

One thing you have to keep in mind is that they probably won't insure your stone while setting it. So you will have to have your stone insured yourself. This is common practice. They aren't going to sell you a setting for a couple of hundred dollars and take on a thousand or more in liability. One of the nice things about the infinity diamonds I linked you to originally is that they are running a promotion where they insure your diamond for you for a year.

Honestly though, HPD, James Allen, GOG, WF all have lovely settings. So if your jeweler ends up being a pain... you can always get a nice setting from wherever you buy your diamond.

ATM

Rough_Rock
also what a huge plus is that the jewler i went to had a ton of nice in houst settings to choose from that were priced right. im just going to ask her to find me a nice diamond thats NOT a hearts on fire. she might have something in the back thats just as nice. =)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results