shape
carat
color
clarity

Hearts on Fire... Worth the Price?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

billw1414

Rough_Rock
I have been quietly shopping for a ring and my girlfriend and I were in a jewlers this weekend (for something else) and the salesman starting showing her the HOF diamonds. Which of course she loved..my question is are they worth the premium? I could not believe the shine, but a .71 carat was 7000 grand..which seemed like a lot for that size. I have been looking a .80-.95 for between 5000-7000. I do not remember the specific on Clarity or Color but I want to say F color and VS2 clarity..

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
Nope, not worth the price. Not for my money.

Then again, you may feel the need to support your jeweler's passion for month-long vacations two or three times per year.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. I saw them while wearing my own solitaire. Their lower color (at a higher price) was all that I saw! (Except the promotional video. I did take that home and view it. Just fluff :). )

read.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Pragmatics will say "No" because you can get same or better quality diamonds for less.

However, if "Hearts on Fire" name is familiar to your girlfriend, her friends, or your future in-laws (they may have seen commercials or heard from somebody else), then it may worth something.

They may think you wanted nothing but the best. Same as when people buy engagement rings from Tiffany or other expensive brand names.

1.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
In practical terms, no. HoF is merely the most well-marketed for the Hearts & Arrows diamonds. You can get the same look, the same brillance, the same perfection for much less. If you can afford to pay a 30-40% premium, you'll be getting an undeniably gorgeous stone, but if you want to save money, you won't be compromising quality if you look elsewhere.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
HOF Dream stones were the first ones we saw on our hunt...we both really loved them. But the markup was just too ridiculous. I would have ended up with a 1c H SI stone in a simple platinum setting for what we paid for my custom ring. Definitely not worth the trade. Sure the stones were beautiful--but do a little research and you can build your own larger ring or more elaborate ring for the same price if not less. But if your girl wants the brand name..maybe nothing else will do. However...I'd do a little work and build that ring from scratch. Chances are she will be so amazed by the beauty of what you create, it will knock the HOF out of her mind....our ring did that easily for us!!

For your $5-7k you can get up to a 1c excellent cut stone. I would also recommend G as a great color to get a little bit bigger size if you are interested. Our G stone is very white..I am glad we were presented with this option (G VS1)...the F SI we were looking at did not look any better in color AND had an eye visible inclusion from the side.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results