shape
carat
color
clarity

Hearts-On-Fire or Brilliant Rose ???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

clueless

Rough_Rock
After weeks of shopping,I have narrowed my choice of diamonds to two : one is a Hearts-On-Fire , the other is a Brilliant Rose. Which of this has more sparkle and brilliance in it as i know hearts-on-fire has only 58 cuts while Brilliant Rose has 66 cuts?? Can anyone pls help me with this as my engagement is at the end of this month ...
Thanks.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Clueless,If cut to the best propotions HonF should be very nice. Just make sure the diamond doesn't have steep crown or deep pavilion. Try it with the Cut Adviser.This is what Garry wrote about Brilliant Rose:
-------------
One of the companies founders showed me these stones.
They are the same as brilliant cuts but for the extra facets on the bottom, and the same rules apply.
Above 1/2ct I think there are advantages in scintillation, but it is a very personal thing, others would prefer the blocky appearance of 8*'s.
---------

mighty_j3ri

Rough_Rock
The different between brilliance rose and conventional 58 cuts diamond, brilliance rose has a patented 66 facets with an improved pavilion. 8 more facets than a normal conventional 58 cuts diamond.And BR it cuts to a precise proportion to give the maximum brilliance and fire, that is why is called the "the cut of ultimate brilliance."

And not only that BR is an enhanced version of ideal cut diamond with an improved pavilion design.With all pavilion facets aligned to the core axis, all light going through the top of the diamond is totally reflected out.As to compared to conventional 58 cuts, only the centre pavilion is aligned to the centre core axis but the lower gridle facets is not aligned to the opposite facets, as a result there is a small amount of light lost in the lower gridle facets.
1.gif

Yupi

Rough_Rock
How can one differentiate between a 58 facets and 66 facets ?

danaLynne

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, So is an 8* = to a brilliant rose and both of these are defined by the additional facets
1.gif
?

Thanks
wacko.gif
DL

danaLynne

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

So if all else is equal, an 8* = to a brilliant rose and both of these are defined by the additional facets
1.gif
? The two are brand names from different "cutter shops".

Both have blocky light reflection? Have I got the right idea?

Thanks, DL
wacko.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would go for the HOF. I had the opportunity to see one in person while we were looking (they were the first stones we looked at actually) and they were AMAZING. Inflated pricing of course due to the brand name, but very beautiful.

Good luck!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 4/25/2003 2:49:37 PM danaLynne wrote:

Hi everyone, So is an 8* = to a brilliant rose and both of these are defined by the additional facets----------------

No. An Eightstar doesn't have additional facets. It had the same number of facets as other RBs, but it's supposed to be cut to certain exacting standards that supposedly guarantees 100% light return.

I can't comment on the Brilliant Rose since I haven't seen one. Most "additional facet" stones have so far just proven to be gimmicks that perform no better than traditional RBs. Perhaps the Brilliant Rose is the exception. I'd love to see one.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results