shape
carat
color
clarity

Hearts of Fire white gold coating question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DRow77

Rough_Rock
I have a question about Hearts on Fire white gold coating on an engagement setting. We were told by one jeweler that they coat their white gold with a palladium compound. We were than told by another that they coat it with rhodium. Can anyone tell us which is correct or if both are incorrect.

Is their any company out there that coats with something other than rhodium so that you don't keep having to have it refinished.

Thanks for your help

Lance

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2009 10:02:29 PM
Author:DRow77
I have a question about Hearts on Fire white gold coating on an engagement setting. We were told by one jeweler that they coat their white gold with a palladium compound. We were than told by another that they coat it with rhodium. Can anyone tell us which is correct or if both are incorrect.

Is their any company out there that coats with something other than rhodium so that you don't keep having to have it refinished.

Thanks for your help

Lance
My jeweler told me that the HOF wg is made with a palladium alloy and instead of nickel. It is not a coating. I have an allergy to wg with a nickel alloy in earrings. I have no problem with my HOG wg earrings. A rhodium dip is used on wg, in general, if the wg needs a touch up. This does not only apply to HOF. Whether or not you will need a rhodium refinishing depends upon your body's reaction to wg and how the piece is made. A rhodium dip takes ~1/2 hour and the ring will look like new. It's a pretty painless process. I've had two HOF rings dipped in rhodium once in the two years that I have owned them. HTH.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results