shape
carat
color
clarity

Hearts & Arrows Cut Superideal Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When diamonds are cut we often here experts say be careful about the 1 carat mark as the stone may have been cut heavier to make the higher price bracket. I also read that tables and pavillions are tilted in order to save weight etc. Can someone tell me does this still happen with Hearts & Arrows Superideal cut Diamonds or do they start with rough that is big enough so when they polish away for facets they do not need to conserve weight?

Can anyone point me to pictures or explain how bad a tilted pavillion is on a diamond?

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does weight saving like this take place with any of the Superideal brands?

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Pyramid,

If the cutter "tilts" the pavilion facet at all, it will not be a hearts and arrows diamond.

Yes, sometimes a cutter will push what should be a .95ct diamond and get a 1.00ct. The diamond might end up out-of-round or have tilted crown or pavilion facets or maybe what our friend calls "warped".

I know that Whiteflash does not and I don't think any of the other Hearts & Arrows Superideal cut Diamond online vendors would try such a stunt. In the first place the AGS would not pass the diamond as Ideal and in the second place the diamond would not be a H&A.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Dimonbob.

I have a diamond (NOT A BRANDED OR UNBRANDED H&A) that shows the arrows in perfect symmetry although I know it is judged on more than that and that there are various degrees of perfection and also I cannot see the pavillion so do not know if there are hearts there or not. The diamond is a 0.70 and the pavillion I think has been tilted.

At the mains pavillion facet towards the bottom the pavillion as a small bump going into it and then the culet at one side seems to be angled a bit towards that side. It is all very hard to see except in daylight with a 10x loupe. Looking through the table the facets at the culet have a white mark between them. I already own the diamond and was just wondering is this what a tilted pavillion is? It does not affect the arrows pattern looking through a loupe although I can see a bit of a wave in one of the pavillion facet junctions.

As I said I was just wondering if this is a tilted pavillion? I bought the diamond from a local jeweller.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results