shape
carat
color
clarity

Hearts and Arrows

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alex

Rough_Rock
When I look down into the table of a hearts and arrows, ideal cut diamond, I can see a very small circle deep within the stone. Am I seeing the center of the arrows image? Is this a characteristic of the cut?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
H&A is proof of H&A
The reflection in the center is in all diamonds, even most fancy shapes have it if you know what to look for.
The patch gets bigger when the pavilion gets deeper. Everyone knows that. it also gets bigger when the table gets bigger and the crown angle gets smaller.
There is a flawed system of estimation of pavilion angle based on this little reflection you have noticed.
simple aanswer - if it aint there dont buy it. dont try to use it to analyise diamonds. Equally dont use the presence of H&A feeatures to mean anything more than optical symmetry and evidence of TLC from a diamond cutter. If you like this and value the brand and integrity that goes with a brand, then buy the H&A.
garry holloway

alex

Rough_Rock
Cut Nut, lawmax,
Is this small circle or hole that I am seeing in the center of the diamond always visible in a H&A diamond?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
This is called a table reflection and is the boundary of light coming from the table (in the center) and via the crown facets between that litle central whiteish patch and the edge of the table.
hard to explain.
garry holloway

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, that's what you are seeing.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results