shape
carat
color
clarity

Hearts and Arrows vs. Hearts on Fire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ATM

Rough_Rock
just a quick question.. same diamonds? I have seen about a dozen HOF diamonds in person and they are.. well.. just awsome, but so is the price. does the same people do the same cuting of these diamonds?
9.gif

Mrs W

Brilliant_Rock
Check out goodoldgold.com or whiteflash.com hearts and arrow diamonds. Heart on Fire is a branded hearts and arrows diamond with a huge price tag.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
No. Many many many different companies have their version of hearts and arrows diamonds. HOF is just one of those brands, and yes, they do carry a HUGE premium. Whiteflash has "A Cut Above" (or ACAs) that are basically the same thing, diamonds cut to VERY VERY specific proportions. GoodOldGold has hearts and arrows diamonds too, but I don''t know if they have a branded one. There are also Infinity diamonds and Eightstars. Lots of different kinds. All the branded ones have their own unique attributes, but if they''re branded hearts and arrows, they have to show eight perfect hearts and eight perfect arrows.

I have always been under the impression that WF''s ACAs are extremely comparable to HOF. I had a so-so cut diamond that I wanted to have recut to as close to an ACA as possible. Brian Gavin and his team (when he was still at WF) did an amazing job on it. I''ve taken it to jewelry stores since having it recut and I''ll gladly put it up against ANY Hearts on Fire stone. I''ll post a pic of it for reference:)

arrows5abcdefgh.JPG

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I forgot to add... I''m not saying that mine is a perfect H&A. They never really told me whether or not it technically "qualified" as an ACA. The numbers all fell within the ACA range though, so I''m not sure what else the difference would be, nor do I care. The way my diamond shines and sparkles as just as good as any HOF stone I''ve seen, or any stone I''ve seen period for that matter. And I took it into SEVERAL jewelry stores after getting it recut to compare, including Tiffany''s, Mayors, and other higher end ones.

ATM

Rough_Rock
kelli,, that is just an amazing diamond.. i mean.. wow.. how many ct is it? im looking for a just a .50 to .55 ct stone at the moment. thats all i can afford. I really hope it looks as good as yours when i get it.

mctroy7

Rough_Rock
WOW!!!
looks sooo good.
What size and color is it?

Congrats!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I have a three stone ring with Hearts on Fire diamonds as well as some other HOF diamond jewelry. I also have a diamond bracelet from Whiteflash with their ACA diamonds and I can see no difference between them and the HOF stones. There is no need to pay a premium for Hearts on Fire. I would have no qualms about purchasing an ideal cut hearts and arrows diamond from any of the pricescope vendors.

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 6:19:42 PM
Author: Sundial
I have a three stone ring with Hearts on Fire diamonds as well as some other HOF diamond jewelry. I also have a diamond bracelet from Whiteflash with their ACA diamonds and I can see no difference between them and the HOF stones. There is no need to pay a premium for Hearts on Fire. I would have no qualms about purchasing an ideal cut hearts and arrows diamond from any of the pricescope vendors.

Yup.. save your money - I wouldn''t go with HOF. Especially since you''re on a tight budget.
You are paying for the name - you can get something just as lovely - if not BETTER - than HOF from one of the PS vendors.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ATM and mctroy7!
9.gif
My stone is a 1.35 H VS2. I get asked if it''s 2 carats a lot though, it does look pretty blingy on my finger. My friend has a .44 diamond and bigger hands than I do and her ring still looks plenty substantial. I wouldn''t worry about the size. I do have to say though that hers does lack the sparkle that mine has. She doesn''t care at all about jewelry and didn''t know a thing about cut quality, so it''s fine for her. But I think anyone looking for sparkle would be thrilled with an ACA! They''re cut to such tight proportions that there isn''t the possibility of a bad one. Have you picked out any stones yet?

ATM

Rough_Rock
ohhh kelli i hope your friend is not on this board hhahaha
25.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
LOL she''s not! Now I feel embarrassed.
40.gif
I really wasn''t trying to be rude about her ring, I just wanted to say that I thought a half carat atone in a beautiful cut would be dynamite! There are a few people around here that recently bought .5 ACAs or other H&A stones and their rings are stunning!

She knows how particular I am about my ring. She couldn''t believe that I sent it off for a recut in the first place and was not shy about calling me crazy! We definitely understand we have different preferences.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results