shape
carat
color
clarity

Hearts and Arrows is it worth it

Wronguy

Rough_Rock
Hi, I am new to this forum and need to get an engagement ring for my Fiance, I had another topic discussing another diamond and centralsquare suggested this stone http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2649049.htm. I have a 3K budget and I am wondering if this is a good stone to put in a yellow gold tiffany setting or i there is a better value stone. Please take a look and make any suggestions, I am all ears.

Will it really sparkle more than other lesser cuts even when setted?

Under the idealscope i can see some black specs as well, I am also wondering if these are viable to the naked eye or affect the light in any way

Thanks Agin!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wronguy|1314021374|2996481 said:
Hi, I am new to this forum and need to get an engagement ring for my Fiance, I had another topic discussing another diamond and centralsquare suggested this stone http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2649049.htm I have a 3K budget and I am wondering if this is a good stone to put in a yellow gold tiffany setting or i there is a better value stone. Please take a look and make any suggestions, I am all ears.

Will it really sparkle more than other lesser cuts even when setted?

Under the idealscope i can see some black specs as well, I am also wondering if these are viable to the naked eye or affect the light in any way

Thanks Agin!
I fixed your link, :)

If you're looking for a great RB, do not skimp on cut.

You should definitely ask if it is EYE CLEAN. Those photos are very magnified though, so it may not show to the eye.

crbl999

Brilliant_Rock
You will need to ask WF if it is eye clean to your specifications and if the inclusions hinder the performance of the stone. The H&A stone will not sparkle more than a comparable ideal/excellent cut non H&A stone.

Wronguy

Rough_Rock
I called WF and they put the stone on hold and are pulling the diamond to look if it is eye clean, is there a better value diamond for me at around $2500

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't see any other good options at WF. I'd probably try to have a prong placed in the area where the main inclusions are. Hopefully it is eyeclean regardless.

crbl999

Brilliant_Rock
I checked WF, JA, BGD, and GOG. If you are OK with J color then you have a few more options in the $2,500 range. I like the WF stone.

Wronguy

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone, you have no idea how helpful everybody has been. To think I almost bought a ring at Peoples hahaha. I called WF and this is the response I got

Thanks for calling in today! I've taken a look at this diamond for you:

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2649049.htm
.706ct I Si1 ACA hearts & arrows diamond -- ON RESERVE

This diamond is a superb Si1. It's eye clean from the top and side views from as close as 6"! 6" is about as close as you can focus, so this diamond is very clean. I know you mentioned some concerns about the inclusions visible on the hearts image, but the images are magnified quite a bit, and the inclusions are not visible at all to the naked eye.

This diamond is a really beautiful stone! It's very brilliant, totally eye clean as I mentioned before, and faces up nice and white. In terms of cut quality and performance, this is the best of the best.

I'm going to be out of the office after noon today, so I've copied my colleague Sheerah on this email. She'll be happy to assist if you have any questions while I'm out, or if you're ready to move forward. We do have this diamond on hold for you until this time tomorrow. I'll be back in the office tomorrow morning as well to follow up.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you, and what you decide!

I guess that this is good news and I think i will go ahead with the purchase and will be setting it in this band unless anyone can see why I shouldn't http://www.whiteflash.com/engagemen...fany-style-solitaire-engagement-ring-1023.htm
Given the above news should I still ask them to set it with the prongs on the inclusions?

Thanks again everyone your suggestions are great and I love all the feedback. Have a great day!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
That stone really sounds great, and that is a lovely simple setting! If they CAN prong the inclusions, I would.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I agree - it's the best choice out there from what I can see!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good choice.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results