shape
carat
color
clarity

Hearts and Arrows--hunh?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shelbyscout

Rough_Rock
Hello Diamond people,
My soon-to-be fiance and I are looking for a round diamond and have been doing research on the Internet. I understand what I "brilliant" cut is, but at the end of the search I found Hearts and Arrows diamonds. Are these Super-Ideal cuts? And how can so many be available, if they're the best of the best? Is it just a different way of cutting a round diamond, and if so, what do the appraisers think of it?
Thanks!
Shelby and Kevin

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Shelbyscout,Actually there are not so many H&A comparing with the others. Most of the people never heard of that type of diamonds.The fashion for H&A came to US from Japan where this cut was discovered. True H&A diamonds are very precisely cut and feature very cute patterns. Usually they are also within AGS-ideal proportions. They aren't cheap but considered as very beautiful stones.There are cutters who produce very consistent branded H&A stones like A Cut Above, Aglaya, Hearts on Fire and others. It takes a lot of skills and precise work to achieve this result.There are also unbranded H&A when a cutter cut H&A stones along with others.

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The best may be hearts and arrows, but the "best of the best" is Eightstar and they account for less than 1/2 of 1% of the super ideals. Just to further your education you should at least visit their web site at www.eightstar.com good luck in your hunt.------------------

diamondmanbob

Rough_Rock
Hi Shelbyscott,
The standard cut for a round diamond is the "American" round brilliant cut. Of all of these diamonds here in the U.S.A. only around 5% are what are considered Ideal cut. Of that number of ideal cuts only about 10% are what are considered hearts and arrows super ideal cut. There are not very many ideal cuts and there are very very few hearts and arrows super ideal cut. Of those few hearts and arrows diamonds, only about 1/3 are branded such as "A Cut Above" from www.whiteflash.com.
Here on Pricescope, return to the Home page and go to Learn more. Under that you will find H&A Standards. It will tell you exactly what the standards are for a diamond to receive the A Cut Above Brand. The price for a H&A diamond are a little more but they are very reasonable for all the work that goes into making such a beautiful diamond.
diamondmanbob

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results