shape
carat
color
clarity

Hearts and arrows for hoops

mayo1209

Rough_Rock
I have been shopping around for inside outside hoops around 3/4” to 1 inch in size. 1-1.5 ct tw. I don’t want the diamonds to be too tiny so maybe 3-4 pointers a piece.
I know a lot of people recommend the Costco hoops. I came across a pair on Whiteflash’s website as well as on Blue Nile’s. I ruled out the Blue Nile ones cause their clarity was SI2 which was beyond my comfort level. I don’t have a Roberto Coin dealer near me.
The hoops I’ve seen for the same carat weight and diameter are at varying price points of course. At this size is the difference between hearts and arrows melee and regular melee even discernible.
I know cut is the most important aspect contributing to sparkle how do you evaluate cut in a pre made article of jewelry where individual diamond size is soo small.
Any ideas?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You mainly have to go by brand with tiny melee. Buying through a vendor like WF or a high end brand like Roberto Coin will get you better diamond quality. I also avoid any jewelry vendors who sell SI2 and I1 diamonds in their pieces. You may just have to order some as long as there is a return policy if you don't have access to any locally. I can relate!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I doubt Roberto Coin focus on cut quality. WF do.
But having melee selected for H&A's may be a bit over the top. Just good Ideal-scope / ASET would do the trick, but if you have the option request slightly shallow proportions and you will get better looking earrnings.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results