shape
carat
color
clarity

Heart stones as a wb? Need suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!

I have two beautiful diamond rings given to me by my loving fiance. One was a promise ring, the other the engagement ring. My promise ring is a beautiful .55 ct heart stone which I do not wear that often ever since I got engaged.

Fiance and I have just started looking for wedding bands and I couldn''t find one that I actually love. I then thought of having my PR re-set and adding small heart-cut sidestones and do a half-eternity. The center stone would be from the PR and then the stones on both sides would "degrade" to a smaller-sized diamond. I''ve been looking for photos here and on the web but I can''t seem to find one that matches the picture in my mind. It would be nice if I could re"use" my PR since its actually the first ring FDH ever gave me.

Does anyone have a wedding band composed of heart-shaped diamonds? I *think* it''ll look perfect but I''m not sure since I''m not really a jewelry designer. Any thoughts about this? I''m open for suggestions!

btw, my pr & er can be viewed HERE

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
As far as I can recall, nobody here has ever created a half-eternity with heart shaped diamonds. I wonder if a vendor can create a CAD image for you?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you considered turning your heart shape diamond into a pendant? It would be beautiful and give you the
opportunity to wear it all the time. IMO I dont picture a heart shaped eband as a wedding band with your
beautiful marquis/trillions. I'm not into matchy-matchy but I just dont think that they would compliment
each other. A pendant would be lovely.

Edit - or wear it as a RHR - that would be nice too!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It'll be really cute but I wonder about the difficulty in sourcing so many matching hearts since heart cut diamonds are not very popular and thus more difficult to find. I think the pendant idea suggested would be easier and you still get to wear it close to your heart.
1.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 7:14:10 PM
Author: tyty333
Have you considered turning your heart shape diamond into a pendant? It would be beautiful and give you the opportunity to wear it all the time. IMO I dont picture a heart shaped eband as a wedding band with your beautiful marquis/trillions. I''m not into matchy-matchy but I just dont think that they would compliment each other. A pendant would be lovely.

Edit - or wear it as a RHR - that would be nice too!

Ditto! It''s a nice size and shape for a pendant, but I don''t really see hearts working as a wedding band. But that''s just my opinion.

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
i also agree with the pendant option, that''s what i was thinking when you first posted your two rings, the heart one would definitely make a nice pendant

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Symbolically, I really like the idea - my cheesy side is thinking somebody should def. make this and market as "Hearts for Eternity!" or something like that. But as a custom piece, I think it would be a costly challenge ....

I do love the idea of resetting your PR as a pendant, though. Someone on here just got the most beautiful bezeled heart pendant - does anybody remember whose that was?

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 12:09:27 AM
Author: Circe
Symbolically, I really like the idea - my cheesy side is thinking somebody should def. make this and market as ''Hearts for Eternity!'' or something like that. But as a custom piece, I think it would be a costly challenge ....

I do love the idea of resetting your PR as a pendant, though. Someone on here just got the most beautiful bezeled heart pendant - does anybody remember whose that was?

I love the sound of it "Hearts for Eternity!"

My ER is a beauty but I have resigned to the fact that no wb will ever match it.
8.gif
I''ve tried a couple of bands with the ER and it looks too crowded on my hand. I was planning on wearing the wedding band on my left and then the ER on the right.

The pendant was my first choice but I just thought if it''ll work with my wedding band idea.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just a thought ... it would also look really nifty if the hearts alternated being point up and cleft up ....

If you really like this idea, it should at least be worth talking to a jeweler about it, and maybe mocking up a CAD to see what you think of the design. We may be grossly overestimating how tough it will be to source 10 small hearts ....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results