shape
carat
color
clarity

Heart shaped diamond under ideal scope

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Zoey

Rough_Rock
Has anyone seen a heart shaped diamond under ideal scope? What type of image is expected? I am interested in getting a nice heart shaped diamond as a pendant and brought my ideal scope on my diamond shopping trip. I saw a GIA certified heart shaped diamond of 1.11ct, G color, VS1 clarity under the ideal scope and was surprised to see most of the areas on the diamond are white and very very small areas are pink. Is this usual for a heart shaped diamond? The stone is supposed to be GIA certified but I was told that there is no laser inscriptions on it. I thought GIA certified diamonds are usually laser inscriped. Can some one please advise if I should believe that the diamond is really GIA certified? I saw a schematic diagram on the cert showing the areas of inclusion in the diamond but I am not good in sporting them in the real diamond.The price quoted for this diamond is about US$7000. Is this a good buy?:confused:

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sorry, but hearts are about the worst performing of all fancy cuts. They have a huge amount of leakage.

Laser inscription on GIA stones is not common.

you can do a price search and compare online prices on the pricescope link top left above. You will find less expensive stones I think, but they are hard to compare.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results