shape
carat
color
clarity

Heart of Water spinelbracelet and aqua ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Here they are at last
1.gif

Included darker blue 1,56 ct aquamarine with some gray from All That Glitters, set in a poor woman''s silver halo rope ring that I''m growing quite fond of. It rides low, is very comfortable and has a classy look to it.

The bracelet has a princess cut sub carat mauvish pink spinel and a hot pink sub carat pink spinel from Gemrite, as well as a Dan Stair asscher sub carat light pink spinel. Sally added two pink tourmalines, very well cut and brilliant, as well as tiny pink tourmaline at the end of the toggle clasp. The bracelet is very well made, comfortable and sturdy. It''s not, however, an everyday piece as the gems are very vulnerable and the silver is soft and bend easily.

The workmanship is excellent, and I feel so happy when I look at the beautifully carved Mahawan motif and know the work and attention to detail that has gone into this piece. (Sigh of contentment)

Now for a picture-fest, thanks for looking, everyone <3

spinelbraceletandaqua.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Aqua ring from the back, beautiful work on the basket.

howaquafromtheback11111111.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
It rides very low, comfy!

howaquaridinglow.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Handshot...

howaquafromtheside.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
This aqua is one of my learning stones. When I bought it, I was really proud of how I had found a darker aqua for a good price. But as I learned more, I noticed that the aqua has some grey, and when I got a gallery scope for Christmas, I was appalled at the cutting and the abraded facet edges. I usually like inclusions, but in this stone, they really get in the way of the sparkle.

So, why set it? There is something about imperfections, and finding beauty in What Is, that I believe in. Now that I''ve worn this for a few days, I really like the stone. One Helsinki goldsmith called this aqua a crappy stone, and I guess, objectively, it is. But it is a natural unheated stone that is unique in all the world, and it''s really interesting for me to look at.

Perfection vs character is such an interesting topic in my view, in respect to gemstones, people, life. For some reason, I love this stone, this ring and find myself wearing this "crappy" aqua who is himself so proudly quite often
9.gif

howaquatraighton11111111.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the bracelet with the asscher in focus. For so long I debated with myself, whether to go all out and set this one with asscher diamond side stones in a white gold ring. Now I''m happy to have waited and saved the expensive setting for a bigger stone.

howspinelbraceletdanasscher.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
A romantic shot...

howspinelbraceletgangel.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
And the gemrite spinel in focus... I didn''t like this pink very much on its own, but now, ganged up with the others, it''s very beautiful to me.

howspinelbraceletgemriteprincess.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
The Gemrite hot pink in focus, and unfortunately you will have to take my word for it, because it refuses to pose right for the camera. In person it is glowy, intense pink with orange fire. But on picture it looks blah
38.gif

howspinelbracelethotpink.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
The toggle clasp with the tiny tourmalines.

howspinelbraceletonhandtoggleclasp.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Just for fun.

howspinelbraceletromantic.jpg

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Lovely pieces, especially the bracelet - very original!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, mr. ma re
1.gif
I love original pieces, that''s my thing, I guess.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Both are gorgeous!!! They look like something I would get a lot of wear out of-lovely!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
What unique pieces. I think they''re lovely.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/20/2009 7:55:24 AM
Author: stepcutnut
Both are gorgeous!!! They look like something I would get a lot of wear out of-lovely!

Thanks stepcutnut, I think I will too, the pinks have the most amazing sparkle and fire in the sun
10.gif

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/20/2009 8:14:43 AM
Author: oddoneout
What unique pieces. I think they''re lovely.

Thank you for your sweet words oddoneout
21.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crappy Aqua? I don''t think so! Inclusions or not, it is a very pretty stone and has a lovely colour. If it were mine, I''d wear it proudly as well. I love the setting also. The rope halo is lovely and I adore the basket.

As for the bracelet? W
30.gif
W. The asscher is lovely and the Gemrite spinel is stunning. Take it from me, the photographs look stunning! The design of the bracelet is so unusual and really compliments your gorgeous stones.

Very many congratulations! Wear in good health. x

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what beautiful pieces! I love the color of your aqua, and that bracelet is so unique! It''s always great to get pictures of jewelry that aren''t rings for those of us who are looking for inspiration.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The basket on the ring is so delicate and gorgeous, and the bracelet is just so feminine and romantic! Both are fantastic!!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Really lovely pieces, marie, and I swear, that is my favorite heart of water ring setting. I love how low it sits - great for everyday wear, and those pieces deserve to be worn daily!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love them both! The basket on the ring is soo pretty, and the design on the bracelet as well! I''d want to wear them both every day!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
That bracelet is absolutely gorgeous. But the color of the aqua is amazing!!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I really love that ring. Gorgeous setting.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Incredible pieces, I love the bracelet
36.gif
unique and soooooo verrrry orginal - and NO your aqua is not crappy by any means.

hrose

Shiny_Rock
wow I love them! May I ask where you got the bracelet and ring settings? They are both beautiful, I would love to get something similar to either one (later on since I am working on something right now hehe)
thanks for sharing!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Beautiful! I really like the ring and the bracelet. The details on the ring is very delicate and the bracelet is very intricate. Gorgeous!

LittleLovely

Rough_Rock
Wow! I love the beautiful design and colors of your bracelet. What a great idea! And the basket of your aqua ring is such a nice detail. They both look great on you!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She really does beautiful work! Just love the attention to details! ...and I would not call that aqua "crappy" by any means! The color and the fact that it is unheated add to it''s lovely characteristics. I would wear that ring proudly!!!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I saw those pieces on her website, and they are both lovely. I was actually admiring your aqua. The color is really deep and reminds me of the ocean in Hawaii. The bracelet is lovely too. That hot pink spinel is a beauty.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results