shape
carat
color
clarity

Heart of Water Paisley Stars Rope ring and Etoile scattered diamond band replica

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I''m in LOVE with the first ring! I can''t wait to see more pictures of it!

Stunning!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
D&T, your rope ring is AH-MA-ZING! I''m glad the recycling turned out so well! Can''t wait to see IRL pics!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, can''t wait to see more pics!

I wonder if you wouldn''t mind sharing your reasoning for not simply replacing the diamond that fell out of your cup eternity ring? I actually lost a diamond from my alf-eternity and BGD fixed it for free. Were you just not loving the style?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/19/2009 3:26:20 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

I wonder if you wouldn''t mind sharing your reasoning for not simply replacing the diamond that fell out of your cup eternity ring? I actually lost a diamond from my alf-eternity and BGD fixed it for free. Were you just not loving the style?

thanks again Ladies for your kind comment.

DD- I actually love the design from top down, profile and it was super comfortable if it was a tad on the smaller side (even with the thin sizing ring that Brian made - it essentially kept the ring from sitting as low as it could have been because now your fingers don''t have extra space in the groove to expand to and it was not as comfortable as it previous (not sure if that makes sense)) , However if I could have done it again, Iwould have asked to have the "cup" be expanded to mimic the shape of the round diamond so the girdle was more protected and error on the smaller ring size, it was very open (which I loved, but I didn''t think about this problem either
39.gif
) where I felt the diamond just over hung with no protection and the thin ring inside didn''t allow it to sit low enough where if I accidentally scraped it on something the diamond could just popped out (which it did) I have tried on others at the store with a single prong looked but the basket or metal worked was more the same size as the diamond as I think to prevent something like this from happening (hence mass produced since they''ve done it enough to know the logistic I think) Itwould have costed more than my two bands (here) combined to remake a ring into a full bezel, So I opted to just to have Sally try out a new setting for me.

eternitydt bandrecycle.JPG

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful. I especially love the first one.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love them both!! Are you going to stack them with your new e-ring?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/19/2009 3:45:24 PM
Author: D&T

Date: 11/19/2009 3:26:20 PM

DD- I actually love the design from top down, profile and it was super comfortable if it was a tad on the smaller side (even with the thin sizing ring that Brian made - it essentially kept the ring from sitting as low as it could have been because now your fingers don''t have extra space in the groove to expand to and it was not as comfortable as it previous (not sure if that makes sense)) , However if I could have done it again, Iwould have asked to have the ''cup'' be expanded to mimic the shape of the round diamond so the girdle was more protected and error on the smaller ring size, it was very open (which I loved, but I didn''t think about this problem either
39.gif
) where I felt the diamond just over hung with no protection and the thin ring inside didn''t allow it to sit low enough where if I accidentally scraped it on something the diamond could just popped out (which it did) I have tried on others at the store with a single prong looked but the basket or metal worked was more the same size as the diamond as I think to prevent something like this from happening (hence mass produced since they''ve done it enough to know the logistic I think) Itwould have costed more than my two bands (here) combined to remake a ring into a full bezel, So I opted to just to have Sally try out a new setting for me.
Yes I see where you are coming from. My ring is as delicate and also has the slight overhang.

When I lost a diamond from my band I initially thought that I should get it remade as a bezel or something more secure, but then I thought that I would give it a little more wear to see what happens. I bet when a ring is first made it is more likely that one diamond could be mis-set and thus fall out, as with ours. The others are probably more secure and that''s why they stayed put! Anyways, I am giving it another while to se how it goes. Plus the reset it for free so it was no skin off my nose.

I love the two new rings, though, so I am glad you found a solution that works for you.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/19/2009 5:19:49 PM

Yes I see where you are coming from. My ring is as delicate and also has the slight overhang.

When I lost a diamond from my band I initially thought that I should get it remade as a bezel or something more secure, but then I thought that I would give it a little more wear to see what happens. I bet when a ring is first made it is more likely that one diamond could be mis-set and thus fall out, as with ours. The others are probably more secure and that''s why they stayed put! Anyways, I am giving it another while to se how it goes. Plus the reset it for free so it was no skin off my nose.

I love the two new rings, though, so I am glad you found a solution that works for you.
If it were a half like yours, I think I would have opted to keep it and fix the diamond, as I worry about the underside with exposed girdles down there
3.gif
but this was a great solutions to going back to full bezel
31.gif
But thanks for asking, I think this has or hopefully will help others decide on how to go about custom perhaps
1.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/19/2009 5:08:35 PM
Author: Laila619
Love them both!! Are you going to stack them with your new e-ring?
the scattered, I will try but not sure how the rose gold will clash
37.gif
or not, but the rope ring is actually 8mm it maybe my RHR or on the days I just want to wear one wide band for my ering this will be it
36.gif

thank you all again!!

jfan

Rough_Rock
I think I am officially obsessed with your rope ring!
36.gif
30.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WOW...Terry, you are creating the most AMAZING jewelry with Sally.....I can''t wait to see these on your pretty fingers!!!
30.gif

Lori

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Both are absolutely stunning! Love the rope ring...oh my goodness.
30.gif

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/19/2009 7:49:29 PM
Author: jfan
I think I am officially obsessed with your rope ring!
36.gif
30.gif
Same here.

Who is Sally? How do I contact her?
27.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you soo much for your kind comments, I will be back next week with handshots after they have arrived
36.gif

FancyD- You can contact here Link to Etsy or Here directly through their website (not much there) but contact info Link

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/19/2009 3:45:24 PM
Author: D&T

DD- I actually love the design from top down, profile and it was super comfortable if it was a tad on the smaller side (even with the thin sizing ring that Brian made - it essentially kept the ring from sitting as low as it could have been because now your fingers don''t have extra space in the groove to expand to and it was not as comfortable as it previous (not sure if that makes sense)) , However if I could have done it again, Iwould have asked to have the ''cup'' be expanded to mimic the shape of the round diamond so the girdle was more protected and error on the smaller ring size, it was very open (which I loved, but I didn''t think about this problem either
39.gif
D&T,
I am sorry about the problem you experienced with your eternity band. Ironically, because of the problem, you ended up with two gorgeous rings many times better and worthy of envy from us. Thus, a happy ending.

I appreciate you sharing with us your thoughts and experience with your cup-shape eternity band. For those of us who are considering getting something similar in design such as the U-ternity band (see photos), do you think we have the same two problems, namely exposed girdle/stones prone to falling out and ring size problem (end up being bigger than expected because of the extra gap underneath the curved part)? Please comment on the cons of the uternity based on your experience with your cup shaped eternity band.

gi_444_f.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey FD- I'm not sure if I would be appropriate to comment on the uternity since I've never tried on one except that at Jareds, and so I can comment on the Jareds piece. Initially I thought about going with Jareds
23.gif
- I know I know... But when I tried on their "U" eternity ring, The girdles of the diamond were actually not overhanged, although yes the girdle is exposed and you can see the side profile like this, so that piece would lessen the risk of scraping the diamond girdle since the bar/prong was the same width as the diamond diameter (hope that makes sense) Their other piece also had a single prong look (thinniner than mine) but the setting itself mimics the round of the diamond so it gave it the illusion setting held by only single prongs. You just have to be aware that prongs will wear and tear and with eternity, it may wear and tear much faster since they all will spin at some point to your palm side but it could have also been a fluke accident who knows on my ring. I think that many rings eternity ring many like it to be 1/4 or 1/2 size larger, BUT in this case if there are grooves inside like mine or Not a complete "O" then just be aware that your ring may actually feel larger even if it measures the correct size (hope that makes sense) since the ring size will only be touching the very bottom of the "U"

I know that this is very low low profile design (which I absolutely love and feels like it sinks into your finger
18.gif
again because of the "groove" allowing that to happen) though if you select the the correct size and it will be comfortable if the setting is slightly modified like I sugguested above to expand the cup a little wider. Hope that helps, sorry I don't know all the correct terminology
37.gif

That Uternity you posted, doesn't have such a swoop like mine has, so the groove could be negligible in helping you determine your correct size maybe someone else could help you that has it.

dteternitymod.JPG

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
D&T,
Thanks for taking the time to explain. I understand perfectly what you said, and I find the info your provided here very, very helpful.

Lenamama

Shiny_Rock
Super beautiful D&T!!!!!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Oh, those are yours??? I have been admiring them for the last few days now. I can''t wait to see hand shots!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OOh gorgeous! Love the wide rope design band!!!!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you ladies...

here they are handshots
36.gif

weddingbndt09 001.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

weddingbndt09 002.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear this rope band on my right hand as it is too loose on my ring finger, but... Now I can always wear it, I have short finger as you can see
37.gif
...but I love wide wedding band way too much to give it up
9.gif

weddingbndt09 003.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

weddingbndt09 004.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

weddingbndt09 005.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

weddingbndt09 006.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

weddingbndt09 007.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The rope band is
30.gif
30.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

weddingbndt09 008.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

weddingbndt09 009.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results