shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My accountant just emailed me and said my taxes are ready. One of the ladies in his office lives in my building so she's going to drop them off at my door tomorrow morning. Now that's service!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, sadly I think that lady is not opposed to seeing her ex again and to let him see their young children. I sure hope she doesn't get back with him.

I keep telling everyone to sing along - "Every one was Kung Flu frightening" The panic is unreal; I guess you can't find TP in the stores here.

I am surprised BB / BS was not cancelled. I just saw NBA has suspended it's season until further notice. Funny you mention alcohol kills everything; that is exactly what I suggested a friend of mine do tonight who is stressing about this - drink tonight.

Good deal that you are making progress on training. My company continues planning how we'll manage if we have to work at home.

I dead lifted 92 pounds tonight. Woo hoo. I better take Advil before going to bed.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sweet that your taxes are done and they are getting delivered to your door. Ours should be done soon.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, my kid at BBBS had a horrible cold yesterday. Under normal circumstances she should not have been there, under THESE circumstances no one in their right mind should have let her on that bus. I'm not saying she has the Woo Hawn (and based on her symptoms I'm sure that's not it at all) but she definitely should not have come to a group event. Frankly, she shouldn't even be in school. Ugh.

I got A LOT done at my house today. Taxes showed up at my door at 8 am. Remember when Larry said I was getting a REFUND? Well... I OWE about $2500. So much for that. Then I cleaned out the the second bathroom for real. That had become the dumping ground for so much stuff along the way that it was a real chore to get it cleared out. Now that it's done though, I sure hope I can keep it that way. Then I hung the six pictures in the kitchen that I framed the other night. I took For.Ev.Er. I'm not sure I'm in love with the configuration that I ended up with (two columns of three pics), but I'm never going to think about it again.

My company went Work From Home as of today. I headed up to TR's and met him at the grocery store around 5 o'clock. He's completely oblivious. I posted about it in the thread in Hangout. I'm convinced he's going to bring it home any day now.

I've got a ton of stuff to return to Ikea and Macy's. Wondering if I should just do it tomorrow and get it over with or wait until the pandemic dies down.

What a clusterfvck.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that is too bad your kid at the BBBS was sick with a cold; that is likely to start a riot these days. I am surprised they wouldn't send her home from school. I hope you don't catch it.

Nice that you got a lot done at your house today. Darn you don't love the pictures you hung up today but glad to hear you won't worry about it.

Oh no you owe $2500 taxes. I have no idea where we'll be; I hope to hear soon though. Marty's W4 still hasn't been processed.

Enjoy working from home; i think our company is seriously considering it.

I'll check out your thread in hangout.

Work was insane today with all the sports suspending games. I made a pick up grocery order this morning. No TP. I checked no substitutions so we didn't get eggs, chicken or liquid soap. Phooey.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, I bet those grocery delivery services are busy busy busy right now! If you have to work from home will it be the usual workload since so many things are being cancelled or will it be lighter than normal?

I am sitting in bed with a runny nose and acting like Sneezy from the Seven Dwarfs. Fvcking kid. Once I marshal the energy to take a shower I'm going to head to the grocery store AGAIN to see if I can get some cold medicine. Hopefully the shelves won't be cleared out of stuff like that. Not sure that I'll really motivate beyond that today, other than some laundry of course.

The window situation in my bedroom downtown is a challenge because there's a baseboard heater right below so I don't want anything too long. I found some that were the right length, but they were perpetually out of stock so I finally gave up and ordered some that are too long figuring I can have them hemmed. Well I wasn't thinking and ordered curtains that are 104" wide for an 87" wide windows. Common guidance is to order twice as wide as the window so it's fuller, so of course I tried to order another set and now THEY are out of stock. Ugh. I'm never going to get this place sorted out...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, oh no you've got a cold. I hope you were able to find some cold medicine. I know we don't have any at our house. Feel better soon.

Yes, I sure the grocery delivery or pick up services are crazy busy now. Marty did go pick up some eggs, pasta and chicken today. He said I owed him because the store was crazy; I reminded him those eggs are for him not me.

That stinks the curtains you ordered are out of stock. Does it say when they might be back in stock? We didn't plan well on curtains when we moved in here and had to go get more; luckily we picked up the same curtains for multiple windows so we doubled them up and then picked up other curtains. We started buying curtains on sale after we gave them our deposit.

We had lots of black ice today; such fun. Bitter cold, snow and wind. Roads weren't too bad but sidewalks were treacherous.

Yes, we will be incredibly slow at work with all the cancelled sporting events. I spent most of my day deleting things. I was certain they were going to tell us today we are working from home starting Monday but so far they are just talking about it. My boss was cranky too. Joy. I did get my 2019 appraisal with a 2.5% raise. Woo hoo!!! I wonder if we stay home for more than a few weeks if they'll want us to cut their hours, my employees are hourly. It will be interesting. I still think the panic we are seeing will do more damage than the virus; but time will tell.

I think I'll make homemade soup tomorrow. Good day for it with the snow out there.

Have a great weekend.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, congrats on the raise! I'm generally not a huge egg fan, but yesterday I scrambled a couple with some ham that I bought and it was quite tasty. If I get motivated here in a minute I might do it again, LOL.

TR was gone when I woke up. He had to turn to the bank and give someone a check (ah the joys of being a commercial lender!) and then he went to an estate sale.

Virus? What virus?

He's completely oblivious.

The children were up when I came down to get my own coffee (oh the horror!) and I got roped into making them toaster waffles. Now they're off playing video games and I'm enjoying a moment of quiet that I'm sure won't last...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I like scrambled eggs with ham in them too. They are quite tasty. I usually add a little shredded cheese as well. I try not to eat many eggs since they are chicken. Marty eats 4 to 6 eggs a day. He wants that protein. He was cooking bacon and eggs when I got out of the shower so he added another egg for me; he even surrendered one of his pieces of bacon for me. We had toast as well. I am making beef noodle soup for lunch.

We didn't get much snow but it's still really crappy out there. I'd say anything outside is Kung Flu free.

Marty is like TR - he doesn't pay much attention to the panic and worry about the virus. Time will tell if they are right. This reaction didn't happen with the Swine Flu which was more deadly, SARS kind of panicked people but nothing like this. I am way more concerned about the panic, hoarding and economic impact than I am concerned about catching the virus.

You did good cooking toaster waffles for breakfast for the kids. Hopefully your day remained peaceful and quiet.

I changed sheets and will work on laundry today. I'm contemplating projects for work since we won't have much to do.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, I've gotten domestic and decided to make my mother's famous egg noodle mushroom soup chicken casserole (translation; the recipe that came right off the soup can in the 70's) this afternoon. I braved the grocery store at 7 am and bought all that plus $200 worth of other stuff, mostly things I can take downtown if need be. I also bought two big things of 409 cleaner, one for here and one for my place, and then I realized I would never use that on my bathroom or kitchen counters downtown because they are natural stone and the the last time I used anything other than just dish soap and water on them (at my old) place I had to call the stone people come out and hand polish them by hand because they got etched. Oy. Anyway, the store was relatively empty when I got there, but definitely filling up when left. And some things are sold out (or nearly so), like TP, water, big tubs of oatmeal, ramen noodles, and Red Lobster cheesy biscuit mix (which is a bummer because I really had a hankering for those today, ha ha.

Today my big plans, aside from the "cooking" involve taking a shower, LOL. I keep thinking there must be something productive I can do... or not... !

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that's great you are cooking dinner. It sounds delicious. I have a roast in the crock pot.

Glad your grocery store wasn't empty; this hoarding is nuts. I am surprised they had 409 in the store. I only use a wet cloth on our countertops too; I'm paranoid I'll strip the finish.

Our ice is melting but the power has been off twice due to downed power lines. I finished lifting in the dark. What a trooper.

My motivation-0-meter isn't moving much today either. Sweet.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, reporting in on the casserole... Well, like so many things from my childhood, it was better then. I mean, we certainly ATE it -- and TR so much I thought he might as well just get a shovel! -- but for some reason it was just *better* 40 years ago. Oh well, there's always wine. And ice cream. And more wine!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, at least TR liked your casserole. I have experienced the same thing where those old favorite recipes don’t taste the same. Thankfully there is wine. And ice cream. And cookies.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy first day of Work From Home kids!

Curby, there are some other recipes I was thinking of trying but after the casserole fail I'm going to skip it lest I ruin ALL the happy memories of my childhood!

My plan today involves not leaving the house at all. I've got plenty of work to do, and frankly I might get more done here than I would at the office. Although my old HP printer is SUPER slow it it could be so annoying that I give up relatively early on on one project because I need to print a lot of back-up for something.

Already though my boss is annoying the sh!t out of me. Yesterday somebody wanted something so they emailed both of us. He replied and directed them to me (the person emailed ME too, so obviously he know I was an option, and frankly the one who would get it done, but he included my boss on the message because of office politics). I was driving at the time and couldn't get to the the info That Instant so now my boss thinks I'm unresponsive. It was that or kill myself and everyone else on the road to the store. Plus, I wouldn't have been able to navigate it well on my phone anyway. This is going to be a looooong quarantine, no matter how long it really lasts!

My nose is running like mad, and so is TR's. That and sneezing. Pretty sure it's seasonak allergies and not the virus. If I'm wrong put this on my tombstone: It wasn't hay fever after all!

OK, off to see what the dogs are baking at.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids.

Dee Jay, I hope you and TR get better soon. Lol you brought up your tombstone. I told people at work if the big Kung Flu gets me I want my tombstone to say I remained a skeptic till my last breathe.

What were the bogs barking at? They need to train dogs to sniff out the Coronavirus.

That’s too bad your boss thinks you are unresponsive because you didn’t answer an email while you were driving. It seems like everyone is on edge around work today. Hopefully it smooths out as it becomes routine. I keep building a folder called work at home for us. My one team doesn’t use paperwork much but the other one uses printouts for most everything. Luckily there isn’t much going on for us right now which is kind of scary in itself.

Have fun!

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, we had a employee starting today (the new director of HR as a matter of fact!) and they are onboarding her "remotely." Well let me tell you what that means: DEE will do everything. I just found out about this little bit of magic. We've rolled out a new remote meeting system called Zoom (I'm sure everyone on the planet has used it at this point but me!) and I'm supposed to do training with her on there. Greaaaaaaaat...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, have fun with that! I’ve never heard of Zoom. I’ll have to ask Marty if he uses it.

Although all of our corporate offices in Denver are working at home we won’t be allowed to work from home unless someone here tests positive with the virus. Sweet.

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, your corporate policy can be summed up as: Now that we're all potentially fvcked, let's do the thing we should have done in the first place to remain unfvcked.

I got quite a bit of work done yesterday -- AFTER I spent a stupid amount of time trying to resolve an invoice issue for a consultant we use because my boss didn't read an email correctly and went off the deep end. Story of my life.

Today I'm going to test Zoom with the guy I work most closely with. He's such a good egg and I'm lucky to have him as a colleague! He's at home with his three kids, who are on e-learning now, and his wife is a former teacher. Those three might actually come out of this a little smarter given that mom will be cracking the whip on doing school work, LOL.

After that I'm doing compliance training with our new HR person. Probably not on Zoom though, just by phone.

We are going to run out of milk at some point. I feel better going to the store than having TR go because I am definitely more diligent about washing up when I get home. I swear to god, if I get this it's because he won't wash his hands properly!

OK, off to take a shower. If I'm trying a video conference I better wash my hair, ha ha.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I don't get the corporate policy. All I can see is since some departments can't work remotely they are worried about the fallout from that.

I am glad you got a lot of work done yesterday. I definitely get more work done from home.

How did Zoom work? I bit your colleague's kids will learn a lot with mom watching their lessons.

Did you get the new HR director's compliance training done?

Good idea for you to do the shopping. Marty tried to get a few things at the store last night and they were out of milk, bread, meat, most produce. He said it was crazy.

That's true you do have to look presentable for video conferencing. My sister called me on Facetime the other day and talked and talked and talked and I was getting itchy because since she could see me I couldn't watch TV, play with my iPad, etc.

We have a blizzard in our forecast starting tomorrow night. I think I'll top off my tank on the way home tonight.

Stay germ free.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I did get the new person's training done, and miraculously through Zoom! The camera on my laptop is in a weird position (at the bottom on my screen) so I had to put my computer up on a box. Otherwise people would be looking right at my double chin and up my nose, LOL.

Last night TR and I watched Dead Pool 2. It was definitely better than I expected, and really funny! Today is kind of crappy here; rainy and grey. TR came home for lunch, which was the high point. One of my employees did something stupid, which has been the low point (so far). I might contemplate a nap here in a little while...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, nice that you got the new HR person training done and used Zoom. A friend of mine today said she was teaching her mom how to use Zoom. Her mom is joining the work at home club. Sadly, I am not.

I totally get the challenge of finding the right spot for tele-communication. I hate most of the angles my phone, laptop or iPad show me when doing FaceTime. I can angle my laptop to a decent angle if the computer is a little higher than me.

Dead Pool 2 was great. We find both of those movies quite entertaining. There is a great videoo of Ryan Reynolds and Betty White fighting; it's good for a laugh.

Oh no one of your employees did something stupid. That sounds familiar. I hope things are smoothed over by now. Good deal TR came home for lunch. Sorry you had a gray day. It was sunny most of the day here but a big thunderstorm moved in tonight. You know get lots of water on the ground before it freezes and snows. Yippee!!!

My boss was quite a delightful ray of grumpiness today. No word / decision on us working from home. I stopped by Marty's gym to do my lifting on the way home. Marty's last client was there then so I had him bring us home Culver's for supper. Easy dishes that way.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops that video has some X rated language - sorry if I shouldn't post it here.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, that was SO funny! I've been making an effort to watch movies with TR lately because I know he enjoys that. Last night however *I* picked, and we watched American Beauty. I saw it many years ago when I became a realtor because Bill made me watching it, LOL. I just may be Annette Benning's long lost spirit sister from that move, ha ha.

My boss threw a project in my lap yesterday that I have NO IDEA how to move forward with. I had a call with one of our attorneys this morning and now I have things Written Down that I can Say... but no genuine understanding of what's going on. Great...

In weather news: The sky OPENED UP a little while ago. Thank god I had let the dogs out a little before that because two minutes in that rain and they would have been wet dogs for the rest of the day. And I hope they have extra TP on the ark because we're gonna need it!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I think Betty White is so funny and I love how much crap she gives Ryan Reynolds in that clip. i haven't watched American Beauty for years; I'll have to watch it during my home stay. That's good you and TR are watching movies; do you take turns picking? I hate vampire movies but other than that I generally don't care. I'm not scared of vampires I just don't like those movies for some reason.

So you'll be learning legalease, eh? That sounds fun being on that project. I am sure I'd put my foot in my mouth over something.

Your living right to get the dogs back in the house before the downpour started. Our blizzard is basically freezing rain. I took the day off and tomorrow looks worse to venture out; my grumpy boss never even answered my text or email today. I figured he'd be ticked if I asked to work from home so I just took the day off. Who knows?

I did get an email from Brittany at WF to see how I was doing so she is getting me a quote for those earrings.

Marty had to close his gym for at least 2 weeks. He told his clients to come up with ideas of things to do at home; my question was what does a case of beer weigh? I'm helpful that way.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marty is calling his things to do at home instead of coming to the gym as "Keeping fit during the HongKongFluey" :lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Marty brought me in to work. Lots of unhappy people around here with the uncertainty of when or if we will soon be working from home.

The main roads were only icy in spots. Sidewalks are horrible. Marty pulled right up on the sidewalk for me so I only had a few feet of ice to walk on before I got to the heated sidewalk.

I probably made one of my employees mad. She is always coughing from smoking and she sat down in my extra chair and starts to pull it over towards me and I told her to no you stay over there. Oh well.

Have a great weekend staying home.

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, I woke up to a sh!t show this morning. One of my employees did some trading that he shouldn't have done yesterday and the transactions fed in over night so when I looked at my phone this morning there was a long list of badness...

The Illinois governor had a press conference this afternoon and tomorrow we go into Shelter In Place. They are calling it Stay At Home to make it sound better. Funny thing is the more I look into what you can and can't do it seems like you pretty much just can't go to a non-food store or eat IN a restaurant (but you can get take-out). My clients who are selling their old place/buying a new one as like, can we just close early and move while we're in Stay At Home mode? Crazy things is, based on what we're seeing, I think maybe they CAN! I'm going to look into that more seriously on Monday because I would love love love to them their deals DONE.

Last night TR and I went to bed wayyyyy to early. Then I came downstairs to get us some bottles of water. Then I came downstairs to get a box of kleenex. Then I read my book for a while. Then I stared at the ceiling for a while. And finally, at some point, I slept. Ugh. Tonight we've committed to staying up a bit later!

Have you been looking at the meme thread? The one about the Gen Xers and the Thunderdome is my favorite meme Ev.Er.!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Day 1: House arrest. Slept in - didn't have anything to do or anywhere to go so why not? Marty cooked us breakfast. Silently wished he was as OCD as I am about washing his hands. Let my mind wander that nothing is safe. Decided I will wait to order my WF dangle earrings imaging the COVID germs that could be on them, the packaging and the FedEx box they arrive in. Wished I’d stocked up more on chocolate, yeast, flour, sugar, definitely toilet paper and wondered when I’d be brave enough to venture out in to the apocalypse and try to get those things. Then let my imagination run wild wondering how many people have touched those things before I put them in my germ infested shopping cart. Next I considered the ramifications of using serious cleaner on our granite countertop - germs or eventual countertop replacement? Reflected on how many days it took Jack Nicholson to go CRAZY in The Shining and wondered when I’ll start typing “All work and no play makes Marcy a dull girl.” :lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I love waking up to fecal shows. Ugh. That sounds like an awful mess for you too.

Your stay at home orders sounds very similar to what is going on in Wyoming. I think we'll do some take out to help keep places going. As I told Marty this morning we simply can't avoid exposure. One of the online coaches Marty deals with (super healthy male in his 40's) has it and is now in containment at home. He was case #3 in Missouri. He said it has been awful.

I hope your clients can close but I wonder about places being open to sign the papers. The title company i closed at for my parents house gave me and my realtor a Payday bar. I thought that was cute.

I have the same luck going to bed early. Even if I'm beat I can't fall asleep early. Sounds like a long night for you.

I did go check the meme thread after you mentioned it; there are some great ones in there and yes the GenXers and Thunderdome is a great one. We may as well find some humor in this.

They did decide we could work from home starting Monday. 2 of my employees plan on going in to work for now anyway. My boss was still quite grumpy so other than asking if he had anything to go over to which he responded no we didn't talk. I need to have Marty hook up my laptop to a monitor so I can have a larger screen.

We watched Jumanji The Next Level last night. They have the new movies coming out in theaters to rent on TV so we may watch some of those.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, this is perfect.

1584810666486.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results