Premium
Is this any way to treat a Porsche?

79AAC267-06B7-4F4B-A73F-B677B121BFCB.jpeg

Reactions: AV_

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy snowy Thursday kids!

Curby, say it ain't so! Our cars are far to precious to be touched by any flake! We had quite a bit of weather come through here yesterday (although not by your standards, I"m sure!) starting mid-afternoon. By the time I headed to TR's around 6:30 it was fine in my SUV as long as I was steady and careful (which is how I DO drive in the snow!) but there was a Corvette off to the side of the highway with a trooper behind it, lights flashing. It looked like it had had an "encounter" with the concrete median. Yowch.

Today I am set to take my buyers to see five houses. With their two small children in tow. It's going to be a sloppy affair with all this snow. Ugh. But they need a place to live, so "Load 'em up" it is!

I also want to go by the lighting store to order some other things for my house and to get a load of stuff (probably clothes) down to my house. I figure any progress is good progress in terms of moving more things!

My sole remaining living plant is having an objection to this winter crap. I noticed yesterday when I watered it that some of the leaves had turned pale so of course I when to the magic internet for information. My best guess is it's too cold by the window where it's been sitting so now I have to find some other place in the house where it (a) will still get enough light, even though it can't be by a window, (b) the kids--and TR!--won't knock it over, and (c) the dogs won't eat it or p!ss on it. Oy. If I hadn't started it from a piece that had broken off of an office plant many jobs ago, and then been dragging that thing around with me for all these years I'd give it a proper burial in the trash, but I feel an affinity for it at this point!

OK, of to the shower and to start the day's adventure.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I know our cars should be flake free. My poor car is filthy with all this snow. I am glad you didn’t have trouble getting to TR’s last night. Too bad for that Corvette. I kind of doubt they are good in slick conditions.

Have fun hauling clients and kids around today I’m the snow. I hope they find a place they love. Good luck!

I wish we had a lighting store in town here. Our best bet is Lowe’s. I think they have one in Fort Collins maybe I will go look around there next time I get my own changed. Which my car is gripping at me to do so that may be soon.

Oh no your plant isn’t fairing well. I hope relocating it helps. Sometimes cutting them back perks them up. Or it finishes them off. I used to have a ton of plants but after bringing home a new plant with aphids I have them all away. Those little bugs realled “bugged” me.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My SIL is still stranded here. She sent me a text from the airport here yesterday asking one of us to come get her. I almost asked here where she planned on staying but decided to be nice. Her flight today I am sure was cancelled since it’s still snowing. I wrote here and asked where we are going for supper. Her response was not polite at all. Huh.

I deadlifted 85 pounds 15 times last night. Woo hoo! Think of how many sapphires and diamonds I could carry around.

Laters
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy VD kids!

Curby, your poor SIL's trip home sounds like one of my friends who took three days to get home from Aspen last month! He did finally make it but it involved a night in Vail and another night in Denver.

Yesterday *may* have been a success in that my clients *may* have found a house they want to buy. Fingers crossed! I'm supposed to take them out again tomorrow, but I'd really rather just have them write a contract today, LOL.

I'm up at TR's and we're going to dinner with friends tonight. The children are here (they're off school today and Monday -- it seems like they're ALWAYS off school!) and I can hear them stirring already...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Valentine's Day!

Dee Jay, yes my SIL and your friend had bad luck getting home. I see she flew to California today so hopefully she doesn't have problems getting home from there.

Crossing my fingers your clients write a contract this weekend and everything goes smoothly for you and them.

Funny you mentioned TR's kids were off of school today; kids were off here too. A lady and I were talking about that at work today; when we were kids they never had all these teacher, planning, in service days like they do now. We started school later and got out earlier then too - you know in the olden days. :lol:

I hope dinner was fun tonight.

There was a lot of junk to eat at work today and I was polite and accepted some. i had a donut, some mini cupcakes and a bite of a brownie. I am surprised I wasn't passed out from a sugar coma this afternoon.

Here was my Valentine this morning. I won't tell you what the Killer Rabbit called me inside the Valentine.

1581734875121.png

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, I remember getting up EARLY to go to school, and being home by about 3 or so. These kids don't even get on the bus until almost 8 am. I think I was in second period by then!

Yesterday I did some cleaning up and laundry (of course!) and then we went to dinner with friends. There were 8 of us and we went to one of those Japanese places where they cook in front of you. Wayyyyyy to much food! And then we came back here and ate dessert. Ugh. Not sure how I'm going to button my jeans this morning LOL. Need to get in the shower in a few minutes and head out to meet my clients to view a few things. I am very very hopeful they will put in an offer on something today. I am NOT so hopeful it will be accepted because the thing they like the best is probably going to receive multiple offers over the weekend and I'm not sure these people are in a mental position to do what it takes to win a bidding war. Hope springs eternal though, right?!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

My clients are under contract! They loved the house that was number one on their list based on location and pictures and we headed straight to Starbucks and wrote an over over asking and got it to the agent right then. The seller signed in last night and earnest money is being turned over this morning. Inspection tomorrow. Fingers crossed because it's a really great property for them!

I'm toying with the idea of going to a place about an hour away near the Wisconsin border called Ginger Blossom. That's really the owner's name (oy -- who would do that to a child?!) and she travels the world buying interesting things. There is an old farmhouse, a big barn and several small out buildings that are chock full of rugs and furniture and textiles and just a bunch of fun stuff. I texted a friend to see if she wants to go too but I haven't heard back yet.

If I don't do that I'm going to load up my car with stuff to take downtown tomorrow. Since I have to go anyway for the inspection I'll just stay there for the night. TR can come down after he off-loads the children, and hopefully we'll finally get my dresser finished in the bedroom. I had to get different doors because the ones I picked out looked great in the store but really clashed with the floor when I got them home. That's the beauty of Ikea -- different options!

OK, I'm going to motivate here in a minute!

Reactions: AV_

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, i totally remember getting up early for school; seems like we started well before 8 and yes we got out at 3 pm.

Your dinner Friday night sounds fun and delicious!

How exciting your clients offer was excepted. Good luck with the inspection! I hope they found their happy home.

Ginger Blossom sounds like and expensive place. I hope you went and found lots of goodies.

Nice that you can change the doors on the dresser out at Ikea. That makes it easy.

Funny you mentioned motivate - I told Marty earlier my motivation meter wasn't working today.

We’ve been busy this weekend. I worked on laundry yesterday morning including our bedding. I am now call putting a fitted sheet on a California King mattress wrestling a pig. I have short arms so I am worn out when I’m done. The first one I put on was a jersey knit and my thumb nail went through the last corner I was pulling on. I threw that sheet out because I know it would just continue to rip.

We headed to Colorado yesterday after Marty finished with some clients at his gym. We had a late lunch at our favorite steak house about an hour from here then headed on to Denver. Marty’s thick wedding band was replaced at a very reasonable price since it couldn’t be sized. It is so sparkly and shiny new. I tried very hard to find something to try on in that big old jewelry store but didn’t see anything. There was a deep red Austin Marten outside the store for only $163,000; I liked it a lot. Marty then drove over to my favorite sapphire shopping store but they were closed already. That saved him LOTS of money, I’m sure.

We stopped at a Duluth Trading store where I could have spent tons on warm clothes but I resisted. I got a t shirt and Marty got 3 pairs of pants.

We had a supper of popcorn and watched Ford v Ferrari last night. This morning I continued on laundry. Our laundry was almost double since I was wearing thermals plus 3 tops most days and Marty had to actually put on real clothes 3 days last week. His usual work clothes are shorts and tee shirts; with sweets to cover the shorts on his way to the gym.

I lifted this morning and struggled to write my March astronomy article for the paper. I need to tweak it tonight and get it submitted. We had grilled dead animal plus rice and veggies for lunch plus a mini cheesecake.

My arms are really achy from lifting - I am off to find Advil.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, my trip to Ginger Blossom was fun, but "free" in that I didn't buy anything. A first for me! There were a bunch of scarves I liked but they were just a little too short for the way I like to tie them, and I found a rug I like a lot but it is in the greys and I feel like EVERYTHING in my new place is grey so I'm trying to go with something more beige/tan (so still neutral, but warmer) in the bedroom. Plus I wasn't sure of the size so I didn't bring it home with me.

We ordered pizza for dinner and then TR started some Avenger movie on the TV that 'we" watched together (translation, I got sucked in and actually watched it and he fell asleep about five minutes in!).

I need to get up in a minute and take a shower so I have time to load up my car with stuff before I need to go to the inspection that's scheduled for today on the house my people are buying.

Not at all looking forward to going to work tomorrow. There was a screw-up last week on something that I realize was partially my fault and now my boss is on a rampage at everyone, especially me. My company is pretty zero tolerance for mistakes, which makes for a tough environment. Oh well, that's why they call it "work" right?!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, we both saved money this weekend. I am sure we will make up for it soon.

Too funny TR took a nap during the movie. I wouldn't choose to watch an Avenger movie but i do get interested in them when Marty watches them.

Did you get a lot of things moved to your place today? I hope the inspection went well today.

I hope things are settled down for you at work by tomorrow. We really get creamed for making errors too so i kind of feel your pain. I usually spend a week dealing with the fallout after we have an error reach our customers. And then it's brought up again and again for the next 5 years. The girl who quit when we were going to fire her had caused 4 on air errors in 6 months; we'd gone almost 4 years without a mistake until she started her WTH were you thinking spree. Good luck!!!

I didn't have the day off today. Marty came home from the gym and sent me a text; where are you? He thought I had the day off since he did.

I had 2 chicken fingers for supper. Bad idea. I need an Alka Seltzer now. Don't know if it's chicken or grease. It sounded good at Culvers.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I swear my boss is schizophrenic. Today he is Just Fine. A little mad at the guy who caused the grief, but toward ME he's hunky dory. I give up.

I've eaten too much random crap today, including a giant piece of cinnamon coffee cake for no good reason about an hour ago. Ugh.

Tonight TR is coming down (at least I *think* that's the plan). Wavering between what I want more -- my dresser finished or my shower fixed so it drains! I think when I get home I'm going to take the cover off the shower drain and see if I have any good ideas about what's happening -- or not happening, as the case may be. I'm tempted to grab a container of Liquid Plumber on the way home, but maybe the problem is solvable without that so not sure what to do...

Spent some time getting tax stuff together today. Last year my accountant went to this on-line thing where you upload a bunch of stuff ahead of time. I hate it. And half the items don't work for me anyway (like, it can connect to Fidelity but not actually get my 1099-DIV). Screw it. I decided I'm just going to take all the paper and let him sort it out. For $1,200+/year someone in his office can input my stuff!

OK, off to do one more call and then I can go home...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that is a good thing your boss was fine with you. Of course if my senior manager is nice and friendly to me I worry something bad it coming my way. My direct manager holds a grudge and pouts; it's great.

I hope the shower drain is any easy fix. I try the vinegar / baking soda mix to clear drains but often end up with drano.

Cinnamon coffee cake sounds great. I thought of picking up some cinnamon rolls on the way to work this morning but didn't have time.

I totally agree for the amount you pay your accountant they can enter your stuff for you. I have been nagging Marty since last week to get our appointment. We are trying someone new that was recommended to us by one of his clients. Wish us both luck.

I got up about 30 minutes early today to watch Mars pop out after being occulted by the moon. Marty had to work late last night so was sleeping in one of our guest bedrooms. Since I didn't want to open the door and go out on the patio and risk waking him up; I opened the shade and was able to see the show from inside. I used binoculars and watched Mars magically appear. How fun is that?

Today was house cleaning day so hopefully Marty ate out today and I won't have dishes to clean up. I miss him traveling so much when I could have a clean house for a few days.

Sunshine and no snow today. Woo hoo! Of course that stinking wind chill is not fun.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, reporting in on the drain cleaning adventure! I took the cover off the drain (covering the whole grate with blue tape first so the screws wouldn't accidentally fall through when I took them out) and snaked enough hair out to knit a whole damn cat! Then I poured Draino in there, waited 30 minutes, followed up with a bucket of hot water, and VOILA! Worked like a charm! And just to give you a visual, please imagine me on my hands and knees, naked (because I didn't want to get ick all over any clothes!) except for hot pink rubber gloves during this process. :lol:

Once all that excitement was over TR showed up and we finished putting my bedroom storage cabinet together. So now I have no excuse for not putting all my clothes away, LOL.

My boss and I just had a call with one of the vendors who has been making my life difficult lately due to a policy change (and this also relates to the problem that came up last week) and we put a stop to the most problematic process. Thank god. Now I can kind of get my life back! Of course our guys won't be happy about this, but who was it that said you can please some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time?!

I've gotten everything together for my taxes except for one thing, which I need to look up tonight, and then I'll be all set for My Annual Meeting With Larry. LOVE that guy. My deepest fear is that he's going to retire, but he's assured me repeatedly that they'll carry him out of the office in a body body. Not any time soon I hope!!!

OK, off to the kitchen. I heard a rumor that there are donuts up there and I need to verify.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, cleaning out a drain is disgusting but that's great it's working okay now. I couldn't be a plumber for sure.

Nice that your storage cabinet is put together.

That's a total win getting rid of that problematic process at work. I don't know who said the quote about pleasing some of the people , , , but it's a great quote.

Did you get your tax documents all rounded up? I need Marty to round up his EIN for his gym but that's all we need for our taxes. That's good news Larry doesn't plan on retiring since you like him doing your taxes. The lady we are trying this year (according to online anyway) is listed as a tax preparer - I have no if she's a CPA, accountant or what. We are meeting her tomorrow. She was recommended by one of Marty's clients.

it was bitter cold and snowy here all day. I met a friend for lunch. I lifted when I got home. I keep pennies in my gym to keep track of which set I was on and think I forgot on my dead lifts so I did another set to be sure. That means i lifted 87 pounds twenty times.

I need to finish my article for the paper and practice my program for my astronomy meeting.
Laters,
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, when I swam laps I used to use my water bottle to keep track. I'd move it every 10 laps (70 laps was a mile) and I'm sure I swam more than I needed to on more than one occasion by forgetting to move it!

Yesterday I got to the point on my project that I can go no further without input from my boss. Hopefully he'll have time for me today because I want to be DONE with this. I also need to get annual training for all of our employees set up starting next week. Oh joy...

Tonight my best friend is coming over so I can do her taxes. She's now got three properties, two of which she rents out. Double oh joy... You'd think it's just punching numbers into a program, but there is a bit more complexity than that.

My neck is killing me and my left hand was numb all night. It's from sitting in this terrible position for too many hours yesterday working from both my regular computer and a laptop farther over on my desk that couldn't be moved thanks to the length of the short cord. I should put in for worker's comp, LOL!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids.
Dee Jay, I am sure you swam many extra laps. I have to move a penny after ever set of I totally forget where I am. If I sing along with a song or get engrossed in TV I forget where I am. It makes us work harder if we do extra.

I totally appreciate the difficulty of doing taxes. When we don’t have anything extra I’ll do them myself. It with Marty’s Business no thanks. That is nice of you to do your friends taxes.

Good luck getting your project done at work so you can start on annual training. I just took my annual class on ethics and corruption. Whatever that is called. Compliance? I passed the end of session test. Woo hoo.

Oh no that your neck is killing you. I hope you feel better soon. You deserve workman’s comp for sure. I have my monitor back in a corner so on days I type a lot I have to remember to move my keyboard up closer to me or I get sore arms and a stiff neck.

Not much going on with me today. Someone from corporate was coming to see me but backed out because of 2 inches of snow and hardly any wind. Oh well. If they wait for nice weather I might see them in June. I am picking up Marty at his gym to go to our tax appointment. He has clients tonight so just dropping things off shouldn’t take long.

I’m eating cold pizza for lunch. I brought it in case that lady from corporate didn’t show up today. I was going to take her to lunch.

Tonight I need to finalize and practice my program for the astronomy meeting tomorrow.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Friday.

The tax lady seemed nice and knowledgable. She sure talked a lot. Seemed like she didn’t think Mary switching his business from a sole proprietorship to a LLC was not a good idea. Mainly she presented it as a bad idea for blending our money and we can’t really pay us back for his expenses. Also if he gets audited so would we. Fun. NOT!!!

I stopped at Culver’s after meeting her for supper. Marty didn’t get home from the gym until late after I dropped him off.

I finalized my program for the astronomy meeting when I got home last night. We’ve got that meeting tonight.

It’s near 45 today and sunny. Tomorrow will be lower 50’s then Sunday another snow storm moves in.

Have a great weekend.

Curby.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, I'm not sure I understand... so the tax lady DOESN'T want Marty to switch from a sole proprietorship to an LLC or she DOES want him to? As for audit -- shhhhh... don't even THINK the A word!

This morning I cleaned up a little and then headed out. My accountant says I'll get a small refund this year. We'll see; not exactly out spending that money until it actually hits my account.

I stopped at Ikea on my way north and returned some things. Then I some how managed to spend $361. ??? After that I stopped at Home Goods and Nordstrom Rack, where I found a super cute jacket that I want to wear to an event next Thursday night. Of course they didn't have my size in the color I wanted, even though I went to two different location to look, so I bought the other color. I ordered it on line but I'm afraid it won't come in time. Oh well, at least I have the one in the other color I can wear, which isn't terrible, I just like the other one better.

Tomorrow I want to go to the outlet mall to look for a few things and I may also run by the regular mall to look for a bathrobe at JC Penney. Funny enough both my mother and my father gave me bathrobes for x-mas two years ago and I had absolutely no use for them. Now I'm on a hunt for one. Isn't that always the way?!

Off to see where everyone else in this house has gone. it's suspiciously quite right now!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, the tax lady didn't really say it was a mistake for Marty to change to a LLC but she sure seemed to prefer the sole proprietor route. Is being a LLC that bad? Yes, A would be scary.

That will be great for you to get a refund this year. I like to get a minimum amount back; as close as I can get to breaking even.

You had fun shopping and spending that much money at Ikea is easy. I hope the other jacket arrives by Thursday for you. It's nice too find something you like.

i hope you find a robe tomorrow. I used to wear a wrap terry cloth bathrobe all the time when I got out of the shower yet I have no idea where it is. Lately I've been using a long t-shirt after the shower and it is getting pretty ratty. It was cheap and the jersey is really thin.

Yes, that is scary the house is eerily quiet.

My astronomy program went well. Some lady brought a tray of leftover Christmas cookies; we all helped her finish them off.

Have a great weekend.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, I would think the opposite of what your tax lady said; i.e., if Marty's sole proprietorship gets audited you do too because they are one and the same. An LLC is a separate entity from the individual, so there should be more separation/protection there. Interesting. I would be curious to know her thought process!

Well yesterday didn't turn out like I'd planned. On Friday when I was at Ikea I saw a super cute cowhide ottoman. They can only be bought in the stores (not ordered online), they are only carried at the "flagship" stores (so even though there are two stores in IL only one has them), and they only get a few at a time. Oh -- and they are being discontinued so they're marked down from $299 to $179. Well of course I wanted two of them! The inventory tracking said they were getting four in and they would arrive on Sunday. I set a notification in the Ikea system to text me when they hit the floor because the lady said they FLY out the door. When I woke up yesterday morning I didn't have a notification (it was Saturday after all, and not Sunday, which is when they were scheduled to arrive) but I checked the inventory online just for fun. Four of them were shown in stock! So I bolted down there. The story morphed from: we must not have gotten any... maybe they are on the NEXT truck coming later in the week... they could be on the truck in the lot that hasn't been unloaded... oh, they ARE on the the truck, but we're not unloading it until tonight... ok, we'll unload them and bring them in, but we won't bring in all four for you to pick two, even though they are all different since they're cowhide... yadda yadda yadda!!! So finally I got them to bring them ALL in and I bought them ALL on the spot and I'll take back the two I don't want. I didn't even have the energy at that point to look at them there and make a decision, I just put all four boxes in the back of my car and got the f*uck out of there!!!

I didn't even buy anything else yesterday because after all that my shopping energy was spent, so today I'm going to run to the local mall. Oy!

TR has fortified me with coffee and bacon so I guess I should motivate at some point and head toward the shower...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Sunday.

Dee Jay, I could have totally misunderstood the tax lady. It really caught my attention when she asked him why he changed it so it made me nervous. What you said makes me feel better. I am worried about that "A" word and Marty doesn't keep receipts worth a darn. Thanks.

What an ordeal with Ikea trying to get those cowhide ottomans. I would have done the same thing - give me all of them so I can get the heck out of here. Hopefully two of them are perfect for you.

What treasures did you find shopping today? Nice that TR fortified you with coffee and bacon. I had 2 Eggo waffles to start my day.

We had a busy day yesterday. Marty had 2 clients in the morning so I did some chores around the house but mostly goofed off. When he was done at the gym he picked me up and we went to lunch, got my car washed, topped off the gas tank since it was above freezing for a change then went grocery shopping. After taking care of the groceries we headed back out in the pickup. We got it washed as well, picked up some cash then Marty picked up some filters too change assorted filters in the house. We watched Midway last night; it was good.

This morning Marty went to clean his gym and I finished our laundry and lifted. I picked up 88 pounds today - 15 times. Sweet.

Now I'm watching a documentary on Midway and waiting for Marty to let me know he's hungry; we are meeting for lunch.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, the cowhide purse lady throws all her receipts in a big box and I have to sort through them at the end of the year (or more accurately, the beginning of the next year). It requires a lot of patience and wine! And it's not a perfect system by any means, but maybe if you could even get Marty to throw everything in a "Magic Box" (as Sheryl and I call it) it would be SOMETHING... ?

Yesterday I went and spent A LOT of time at JC Penny in my search for work pants. I got two pair... and three pair of other pants... and about five tops. Everything was on CRAZY sale. Some of the tops were literally $3.82. How could I resist?!

When I got home I just wanted to plop down on the couch and read a book, but I made myself unload the car (which took three trips) and clean up a bit. TR was supposed to come down but he got distracted and called me at 8:30 and had JUST dropped off the children. Well there was no point heading my way then, so he went home. If the weather holds he'll come down tonight. We're supposed to have a bit snow (up to15") over the next two days. Of course the charity event he's on the board for is on Thursday. Last year (or maybe it was the year before) they had to postpone it a week because of a blizzard. These people don't have the best weather luck!

I have a bunch of things on a list for my boss today. I hope he's got a few minutes for me!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I remember you saying the cowhide purse lady throws receipts in a shoe box; Marty is very forgetful but i will try something like that with him. He was pretty good with travel receipts so hopefully he'll be diligent with his business.

Sounds like you found great deals at Pennys. Sweet. I ordered a chenille sweater from Lands End yesterday for about $31 after the sale price and extra discount. I had some sheets in my Pennys online cart yesterday but didn't buy them. I might go see what sheets they have in our store.

Oh no for expecting 15" of snow. Good luck with that. We have a storm moving in tomorrow.

I hope your boss had time to get with you today. My new employee talked to our senior manager and wants to be considered for an open job in another department. It would be easier work and not require any on call work. I'd take that job in a heartbeat. She moved here to get away from an abusive boyfriend who is father to her 2 small children. i know she has a lot on her plate. She gets very stressed with her workload now when she has more than one thing to do.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, the shoe box ain't perfect, but it's SOMETHING! I used to keep To The Penny expenses for my real estate business but I've relaxed a bit over the years. Shhhh -- don't tell the IRS that!

Last night I worked a little late and then TR came down. Between when I got home and his arrival I managed to kill two hours putting virtually nothing away in my bedroom closet, LOL. I bought extra throw pillows for my couch because I'm always afraid something will happen to them and then I won't be able to find any more. They take up a ton of room through so by putting them on the top shelf of my closet I lost room that I was planning on to store my purses. Damn physics -- why can't this space expand to hold all the things I want to put in there?!

Today I'm doing a bunch of clean up based on the conversation I had with my boss yesterday. Really it wasn't so bad, but he needs to get the revised training deck to me TODAY since I start annual compliance training TOMORROW.

Oh... and all that snow we were supposed to get yesterday... ZIP! Not one flake! HA!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, a shoe box of receipts is better than nothing. I figure as long as I have receipts for what we claim on our taxes we would hopefully be okay. Let’s hope I never have to find out. Of course the tax lady was telling us what small percentage of people get the A word and I thought what are the odds Marty and I both get picked for jury duty a year apart?

Definitely get enough throw pillows when you buy them; you never know when you need more. Darn that you can’t store your purses and pillows no your top shelf. The top shelf of our hall closet is jam packed with blankets and pillows which luckily are all soft because if you pull one of them down; it is all coming down. The closet in our back spare bedroom is really packed with crap. I totally need to clean that sucker out some day. Of course I’ll have to be desperate for something to do.

Good luck starting with your annual compliance training. It seems like you just did that very recently.

Well, at least one of us didn’t get snow. We had snow off and on most of the night and today. Of course it’s really windy so it’s drifted again. I don’t know how bad our driveway was since it had been shoveled when I got home but quite a bit of snow was shoveled on our lawn. What’s awful is the iceberg drifts still on our streets are covered with fresh snow so you won’t know where they are.

The roads were awful going to work this morning. I found a picture of Cloris Leachman from Young Frankenstein and sent the picture to Marty and said “Stay close to the candles. The roads can be treacherous”. He responded “well played”. Of course that means nothing to you if you haven’t watched that movie. It’s one of our favorites.

I soaked my emerald / diamond band in Dawn while doing dishes tonight; then promptly dropped it on the floor; it rolled about 4 feet before falling over - I couldn’t see any chips with my loop but I do have only one good eye. As easy as our oak floor chips I am telling myself it’s soft and didn’t hurt my ring.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I've banged and dropped and accidentally flung so many pieces of jewelry over the years, and they always turn out to be fine (thank god!). Once right after I got The Brick I banged it on the dryer door so hard I swear I dented it, but the ring was A-OK!

Last night I did a whole lot of what turned out to be nothing... Due to the crappy weather when I left I took a cab home (which is a rarity for me). My plan was to frame the pictures for my kitchen and hang them up... but the mattes are for an 8 x 10 photo and the pictures are just a little smaller than that. Ugh. I need to remeasure them and see if I can order some odd size, like maybe 7 x 9 (?). And then of course I'll need new frames because the new mattes won't fit in the ones I already have. What a PITA... So instead I did some internet shopping, LOL! A new drain cover for the shower (which will hopefully catch all that hair I know is going down there every day!), curtain rod for the bedroom, other stuff I've had on my list but not done anything about this to point.

Today it was a crappy walk in -- windy and rain/snow in my face the whole way. Makes me wonder why I bother doing my hair ever day, ha ha.

Annual compliance training starts in 18 minutes!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, good deal The Brick wasn't hurt when you hit the dryer with it. I have dropped, hit and banged many pieces of jewelry as well. I knocked some accent diamonds off once when that ring hit the edge of sheet rock. Other than that it's usually come through unscathed.

Good idea to take a cab home in crappy weather. Darn it was windy and wet walking to work this morning.

Can you get a second matte for your pictures and use both mattes so you don't have to get new frames? I am sure some place like Michael's can probably cut them for you.

How did the beginning of compliance training go today?

One of our "big" bosses was at work today. Everyone was all nervous. I am going to a round table with him tomorrow. Joy.

I lifted tonight. I baked my supper while I was downstairs. I put a hot glass lid in the sink them forgot and turned on the water. Crack, crack, crack. A few big pieces went down the garbage disposal. A few flashlights and leather gloves later I got them out of there without severing an artery.

After that I decided I deserved some PB cup ice cream for dessert. Ha!

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

The phone interview went well today; so we are bringing him in next week for a final interview. Let's hope he is that good in person.

I met a friend for lunch then spent my afternoon in a round table meeting with one of our new executives. He's been with the company a long time but just got moved to our portion of the company.

Needless to say I didn't get my normal work finished. Oh well.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, I'm glad you didn't cut yourself on the broken glass! That's a good idea about having mattes cut in the size I need. There is an art store that carries 6 x 9 mattes but then I need 9 x 12 frames (which they also carry, according to the website). I think I'll run by there today in the course of all my travels and see if they really have all these things. If not, the custom cut route might be the way to go!

And if that doesn't work I have an alternate idea to add some colorful art to that wall. There's a company called Blue Q that does clever sayings on kitchen stuff. They have some oven mitts that I think are adorable and I could get five of them and literally thumb tack them to to the wall. Here's a link https://www.blueq.com/ovenmitts/ because I can't get the pics to insert in a way that isn't giant.

The charity event on Thursday was good, but I was tirrrrrred by the time we were finally home! We started about 10 am putting out the silent auction prizes and making things look good and it is always so much more work than you think it's going to be... Ack!

Yesterday I had to drive an hour and a half into the city and back... to spend Five Damn Minutes with an appraiser. Frankly I maybe didn't HAVE to go... but I've found over the years that having a nice little chat with an appraiser does nothing but good for the value of my clients' property. ;-)

OK, off to the shower!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results