carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kiids!

Welcome back Dee Jay! I am anxious to hear about your Aspen trip.

Not much going on with me. I lifted 83 pounds tonight. Woo hoo!!!

Marty probably wanted to put some tape on my mouth tonight. His first check this month was a few hundred more than normal so he changed his W4. Now his end of month check is the a few hundred less. I am on a rant about it and he wants to wait and "see". I have no desire to overpay or underpay the government. :wall:

It was quite chilly and snowy today.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay I’m such a dolt. I should have had Marty just leave his W4 alone and withhold extra dollars. Hopefully it’s all better now. I’m sure he wanted to kill me for being on a rant last night to just go fix it. The joys of being married to me.

I met a friend for lunch today. It’s a lazy wind out there. Bitter cold in the wind. This weekend will be almost spring like then cold and snow moving in again. Phooey.

Have a great day.
Curby the non IRS document whisperer.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Yay the weekend is finally here. We are having warm weather on Saturday and Sunday then cold and snow is moving in Sunday night. Phooey. They had a 24 car pileup west of here today from snow and blowing snow.

I have to stay near my phone all weekend in case I need to do any last minute thing for the Super Bowl. Such fun.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, a 24 car pileup?! That's crazy! As for W4s, I always keep my exemption at single and 0 and have extra taken out (generally at bonus time in September) based on my real estate commission to that point. I've got an appointment to see my tax guy in a few weeks. No idea how this is going to turn out, LOL.

So much to catch up on! Aspen was good. There was another friend there who doesn't ski so I had someone to play with for three of the five days, so that was fun. Getting home however was NOT fun. The weather went south early on Monday and one of my friends and I ended up driving to Denver to get on alternate flights. Another guy stayed and rolled the dice... and didn't get home until Wednesday and end up driving to Denver anyway to get a flight. Oy.

Employee annual certifications were due on the 30th and it was a real struggle for a few days there to make it happen. I did get it done and the INSTANT it was complete on Thursday I got the he!! out of there!

Friday I met the photographer to do a virtual tour for a place that is going on the market on Monday. The pics came in today and they are really good, so I'm pleased about that!

Today I had a highly successful shopping adventure at Home Goods. I got some lamps that I'd eyed (and missed out on twice at other Home Goods) and also some artwork in a style that I had seen over the spring/summer but didn't have a place for yet because I hadn't gotten my condo at that point. Honestly, when I see things I love I should just buy them! They can always be taken back later, but at a place like that you may never see them again. I also found two more lamps I like but they were flawed. I may try to find them at another Home Goods after I drop the kids off tomorrow night because there is one down by their mother's house.

My big plan for tonight involves doing my nails and drinking... something... I think we're out of proesecco (no idea how on earth that could happen!!!) but we've got other wine in the house so I'll do my best to muddle through, LOL.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, yes a 24 car pile up; we've had worse on that stretch of highway. We've always done the married withhold at single rate yet that option is apparently not on the 2020 version. I think the withhold extra will work; if not we'll try again. Good luck with your taxes; we picked up Marty's W2 today from Fitness One so we can go see the CPA.

I am glad you had fun in Aspen but I am sure the drive to Denver was not a fun trip; I 70 can be a mess during snow storms.

Nice you got the annual certifications done by the end of the month. Woo hoo! Marty got an email today with his annual appraisal - it had 2 words - "meets expectations". Nothing else at all. LOL.

I am glad the photos turned out great for the place you are putting on the market Monday. A friend used to take photos for a real estate company and had a nice little side business going on with that. I was going to help her but then I started teaching so I didn't have extra time anyway.

I hope you find the lamps you like; I agree it's smart to buy things when you find them. I keep wishing I bought the pad color sapphire I saw in Denver one day; I'd already bought other sapphires that day so I reluctantly said no - it was a gorgeous 7 x 9 mm oval peachy pink. Oh well, I look every time I go there.

Your evening plans sounds perfect. Marty is napping already. We went out for breakfast this morning then picked up groceries. This afternoon we went out for lunch then stopped at the Botanic Gardens for their annual stained glass show. They had some pretty things.

Take care.
Marcy

The bottom right and left are live plants not stained glass

1580602956120.png

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, I love your pictures of the stained glass and the flowers! We have a lot of old buildings in certain neighborhoods in Chicago and they can have stained glass in their door transoms or at the top of their bay windows. I always love it when I come across one of those! We had a vintage unit many years ago with leaded glass in a bay window, but it was clear, not colored glass. Still gorgeous though, especially when the sun hit it!

Today I need to do a bunch of things, including reorganizing my car because I agreed to take the children home this evening so TR can get the full Super Bowl experience, LOL.

I did my nails last night because I bought a little bauble in Aspen that I wanted to post a pic of for you... but when I do my nails in the dark they don't turn out so great, ha ha. Oh well, I"ll try to post a photo anyway, as long as you promise not to judge my sloppiness!

OK, of to the shower, and they to try out my new rolling brush hair dryer -- woo hoo! Have you seen those? They have a round brush at the end so when the hot air is blowing the brush is spinning and turning the ends of your hair under. Now that mine is a little longer (shoulder length-ish) I've got a spot in the back that flips up in the back along my neck and it drives me crazy so I'm hoping this is a good solution since I'm not overly proficient with the "hair dryer in one hand, round brush in the other" method, especially in the back. Wish me luck!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
310B5AC5-72FD-42B6-9C48-73B483194299.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, stained glass can be very pretty. We usually go look at their show every year just to see what they have that year.

That is very nice of you to deliver the kids tonight so TR can watch the entire Super Bowl. We've had it on since 11 to see how it looks in 4K.

That is a great looking ring and your nail polish looks fine; mine usually looks like a little kid did it but luckily the excess peels off easily after a shower.

How did the hair dryer with the brush work? It sounds like it would work really well. I zero - more like negative number - skill with a curling iron. My hair is wash and wear now and since I have thick hair it tends to go wavy to slightly curly on the ends. i wasted money for years on perms.

I made homemade biscuits for breakfast. Marty ate 5 of them. He nixed ordering in in pizza since he had those carbs for breakfast. I ordered myself a medium pizza and he made something in his instapot.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, the hair dryer brush was good, but I kind of cheated because I didn't wash my hair so only the very ends were wet. I left it at TR's so I won't try it again until next weekend, but I'll give it it the full test then!

Yesterday I cleaned up quite a but of stuff at TR's and got my listing ready to go live. He was interested in watching the Super Bowl... I was not, so I took the kids home around 5:30 and continued into the city. Somehow I then spent several hours doing... what? No idea! But it was suddenly well after 10 o'clock and I was still jacking around, so I decided to call it a night.

This morning I got all the listing stuff in and I'm just waiting for the property to go live. Fingers crossed this sucker sells FAST!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I hope the curler dryer works well for you.

That was nice of you to let TR watch the Super Bowl and you drop the kids off on the way back to town. No one should be required to keep track of things they do over the course of the evening. Sometimes the evening just flies by and what was accomplished cant be measured or easily seen. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I hope the new property sales fast.

I woke up about 3 this morning and had trouble going back to sleep. I had such a headache when I went to bed my earplugs hurt. Sadly then Marty snored right in my ear at 3 and startled me awake. I got back to sleep about 5:30 then had someone text me at 6. Short night. My head was killing me when I got up so stayed home. I have a sore throat too, it seems like a cold but not. Strange. I did sleep about 90 minutes then got up at 9.

We have ice every where and it's snowing. We could have up to 8" by tomorrow.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I hope you aren't coming down with anything serious! My office building management occasionally puts out bulletins and they did one last week about the virus that's going around. My boss forwarded it to be again and said "See #4!!!" because I'm notorious for coming to work when I sick, LOL.

Last night I bolted home, picked up some packages from my mail room, and got in the car to drive while I did a late conference call. Then I grabbed the last of the cow bag lady's receipts from here and headed back home (after an hour and half of talking about god knows what...) I was READY to get in bed!

I finally made contact with the electrician that I want to hang the fixture in my dining room, and he had time today, but of course that was too short notice, so I'm hoping he can fit me in on Thursday. I would LOVE to get that up! I think it will finish things off in a way that I will really start to feel DONE. Of course I'm second guessing myself that maybe it will be "too much" in that space (curved track with seven pendants hanging from it at various heights) but I guess I'll run off that bridge when I get to it...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am doing better now than this morning. I am totally notorious for going to work sick too; I would rather use my days off for fun things!

You had a very busy night; I was mostly lazy last night and watched TV. I slept like the dead too. I didn't hear my alarm or text message go off. Marty came in to our bedroom, turned the light on too make sure I was okay and I slept through it all. He was amused.

That would be great to get your light fixture up. Is that the last thing you need to do? Yes, I hope you like it when it gets hung up. I do want new light fixtures in this house by I feel that's an unnecessary expense.

So other than sleeping like the dead and staying home today not much is going on here. It's still snowing but the sun is out too. We only got about 4 to 5 inches of snow.

Have a great day.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I have some light fixtures that I'd like to swap out too, but I may not. They can be so expensive that it really makes me take pause! Especially the ones that no one is looking at but me, ha ha.

I ended up doing a showing at my new listing last night because the other agent was running late and I wanted to get the guy in. He asked a TON of questions, but honestly I wonder if he's just that kind of looker and not that he's really interested. We've got three showings there today, one of which I have set up a lockbox for, but the other two are in the evening so I'll be there. TR is also planning on coming down today and I hope to get the artwork above the sofa hung. I though about trying to do it myself but it would have involved putting the big cutting board on the couch cushion for stability, then putting the step stool on top of that, then climbing up there and hammering nails in to the wall, then lifting the thing on the nails... and then probably calling 911 because none of that sounds like a really safe good idea!!!

OK, off to do a bunch of things. I just realized I was behind on something this morning so I need to get it checked off the list!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, good idea to wait for TR to help hang your picture over the couch. What you were thinking of doing sounds like a good candidate for the Darwin Awards. Probably pretty risky.

I completely concur on the light fixtures, I think I dislike them primarily because the light coming out of them is warm and I don’t like that yellow tinge on my diamonds or in pictures. Go figure.

Good luck with the showings. I hope the place sells quickly.

I am at work and thinking this was a dumb idea. My head is aching and I’m kind of slow. Oh well. I’m here I will endure.

The main roads aren’t bad but side streets are very icy. We are expecting 7 inches of new snow starting tomorrow. Yeah!

If you haven’t heard about this yet there is a funny weather app called What The Forecast. You can set if for off, minimal, some or on for cursing. It told me this morning it was so cold I needed to wear my extra padding bra. Other things it told me for our 0 degree with feels like -20 degrees are not suitable to repeat here. But it is making me chuckle.

Have a great day. Try not to become the next person to make the Darwin awards.

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, I love What the Forecast! And I have it on for EXTRA cussing, LOL. I do admit it has shocked me a few times, ha ha!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sweet Dee Jay. I’m impressed if something shocks me.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday.

We are between snow storms. This is like December snow and cold. At least my new weather app is keeping me entertained.

I lifted last night. Not much else exciting going on.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, yanno, I'm fully aware that the weather you get today I get tomorrow, but I'm willing to skip any more snow if you want to send it elsewhere! I parked my car on the street last night (so the contractor who came this morning could use my garage spot -- more on that later) and it was completely covered today by the time I finally put it back in the garage. Of course I didn't think to take gloves out with me when I went to move it so I was pretty miserable by the time the whole process was over. Ugh.

Anyway, reporting in on a full day! The electrician came first thing this morning (even before 8!). There were 3 guys and it took them FIVE HOURS to put my my dining room lighting, including two trips back to the lighting store because the parts that connected the pendants to the track didn't marry up correctly. Looking on the bright side (no pun intended!), now I have light!

Then, the Ikea delivery of my dresser that was supposed to come between 12 and 4 showed up at 10. The plan was to put the flat packed boxes in the back of my SUV and then TR and I could unload them up here and put it all together. Of course by the time I got downstairs the guys were in the management office signing in, so I got in trouble for taking a delivery without reserving the freight elevator.

And around noon the guy came to look at regrouting my master shower and polishing the marble throughout. (By the time he got done with the list of things I "needed" and tallied it all up I thought he'd accidentally put an extra zero on a the end. Hm. We'll see when/if I get around to that.)

Basically I had a crew of people through here from 8 am to 1 pm without a moment to breathe!

So now I am sitting here at my dining room table under my new lights wondering what I'm going to do about the living room because that's next.

Does it never end?!?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, you had a very busy day but sounds like a lot got accomplished. Do you like the light now that it's hanging up? That kind of sucks about the early Ikea delivery and that you got chastised for not scheduling the freight elevator.

I hope that was an extra zero at the end of the estimate for re-grouting your shower and polishing the marble. I hate when that happens.

Yes, I realize our snow storms generally move your direction; this one might not though it is coming from the northwest and heading southeast. I hate the darn ice. Phooey for your car being snow covered this morning and forgot to take gloves when you went to move it. I had to scrape off my windows after work today.

So the living room is next? What are you planning in there?

II had a grilled cheese for supper. Marty cooked some rice and ground bison in his Instpot (I hate cleaning that thing) that must not have been lean meat - his pan soaknig in the sink was a grease ball. I always cook myself something easy for supper after doing his dishes.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy weekend Kids! Not much going on this weekend. My SIL might show up this weekend so I added a handwritten note on a letter from my MIL. I left it is plain sight on the table; it says "please spend the $500 enclosed on anything you want. You two are our favorite kids. Love, Mom and Dad". I totally enjoy messing with my SIL.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, your note is hilarious! That is totally the kind of thing I would do, LOL.

Yesterday I did a bunch of cleaning up and then headed north to TR's. My client's accepted an offer on their condo yesterday!!! So when I got here I had to organize a "tour" today to get them into a bunch of things to potentially buy. Then TR and I ran out to Kohl's and to Office Max because I need a new printer. I insisted on one that takes a real dry toner cartridge because I am so damn tired of the ones where you get an ink cartridge, print something once, and the next time you go to use it it's dried up. I found a small one on sale for about a hundred bucks, so I was happy about that. I also ran by Ikea on my way north to return something... and of course bought a few new things, including a cool bedspread that I think will look really good. The only problem is they didn't have pillow shams with it so I have to figure out something to improvise. But I'm clever that way, ha ha.

OK, off to get this show on the road. I need to get downtown, grab my clients, and show them seven things in three hours!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am glad you enjoyed my note. Sadly my SIL worked this morning and has to work some tomorrow so she didn't drive down to see us. I told her I had a note ready for her.

That is awesome your client accepted an offer on their condo. Sweet. Small world; we went to Office Depot today to get printer paper. Good call going for a printer with toner; they work so much better and last longer. You found a real bargain too. Ink Jets are not that cheap to run for exactly the reason you said; you print out something in color and then they dry up before you use them again. The newer ink jets are better but they stlil don't print many pages plus if you need all 4 cartridges it's usually about another $100. Both my sisters bought color ink jets when their kids were in school in spite of my warning that in the long run laser printers are cheaper to run; after spending hundreds a year on ink cartridges they both ended up buying laser printers. Okay, I'll get off my printer soap box now. :lol:

Nice that you found a nice bedspread. I am sure you can find some pillow shams that go with it. I bought a striped cotton blanket from Tommy Bahamas that we are using as a bedspread and we really like it. Plus I like stripes because it makes it so much easier to determine which way the darn sheet or blanket goes on the bed.

We are having a very nice day here today. it's sunny, not windy and iini the 40's. It will only last a day but hey it's nice while it lasts.

We went out for lunch, went to Office Depot, an auto parts store then had a dish of Cold Stone ice cream. I am working on laundry and need to go do my lifting. I have to make mini cheesecakes after Marty goes to the store.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Sunday.

Not much going on this morning. I got the family Valentine's card ready to go and worked a little bit on my stellar evolution talk for the astronomy club.

We are heading to a friend's house shortly for games and dinner. Marty is making up a cheese and cracker platter to take and I made some mini cheesecakes to take. It's so crappy and cold out there I'd rather stay home.

Have a great day!
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, I'm so glad you mentioned Valentines Day -- it had totally slipped my mind with as busy as I've been. Not that I do anything special, but I do try to find something red to wear on that day. Given that my clothes are spread between two places that might not be as easy as it sounds!

TR and I went out for a big breakfast this morning before he headed north. Then I went to my client's inspection, which I think went OK and didn't take too long. When it was done I came home, took a nap, snacked on random stuff, and finally got down to working on my friend's accounting in a serious way. It really wasn't that bad once I got rolling and I just have to take a fresh look at it tomorrow before I ship it off to the accountant who will file the tax return. Whew -- it's a relief to have that (mostly) done).

I'm in bed already with the heated mattress pad cranking away. As you can tell, things are out of control here with excitement in Dee Land!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Well one of the houses that my clients' were interested in has multiple offers and they are making a decision at noon today. As of now I don't *know* of any offers on the other one they are most interested in, but being as today is Monday that could change at any moment. This may be a good wake-up call; sh!t or get off the pot when you find something you want!

I need to quickly eyeball last night's accounting project and then do some actual work work, LOL.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am glad I reminded you of Valentine’s Day. I like to wear red and dig out heart jewelry that day.

That’s great your client’s inspection went well and nice you for your clients account ready to hand over to the accountant to file their tax return. I need to go nag Marty to make our appointment.

I love crawling in to a warm bed. If I don’t turn it off though I wake up hot at how 2 am.

I hope your client gets picked to buy their house. I know things get snatched up around here quickly.

We had fun at dinner and game night with our friends last night. My mini cheesecakes were popular.

I think I’ll life tonight. Marty is moving me up to 3 times a week. Good thing I’m not paying him to be my coach. I’d have to fire him. Technically I am paying him his family and friend rate but only to help his income.

Take care.
Curby.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I have to turn my heated mattress pad off once I get in too or else I'm like ON FIRE if I fall asleep with it going!

TR came down last night and we used a new parking app that allows him to park in my garage but at a very reduced rate (and even cheaper than what we've been paying to park on the street) so pretty jazzed about that! (As you can see, it doesn't take much. :cheeky: ) I didn't get out of bed until a little later than normal today, but somehow I walked out the door earlier... ? If I'd known how much "ahead" I was running I'd have put a load of laundry in the washer. Oh well, I'll do it tonight.

The drain in my shower is super slow. I have a suspicion that the contractor guys dumped all sorts of stuff done there, including cleaning the paint brushes, etc. TR and I are going to take the drain cover off and get a good look next time he's down. I'm hoping it's nothing tragic, and especially nothing that I need to involve the building in. Ugh.

OK, today I am All Project All The Time!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, we had a heated mattress pad that was about 7 years old. It didn’t get very warm. This new one will get toasty on low especially if you use preheat first. I need to do what you do and turn it off when I get in bed. Sometimes I have to get up and put on a short sleeve t shirt because I’m so hot then of course I’m freezing 20 minutes later.

That’s great TR can park at your place with a reduced rate. Sweet.

That sucks about your shower draining slow. We found all sorts of crap in our vents and things when they built our house. Nice, huh? I hope your drain is an easy fix. We have to use drano in ours occasionally. Our kitchen sink is bad. They slanted it wrong between the 2 sinks so soap and crud gets in the other drain from the garbage disposal. It’s like cement and gets stinky. Marty has replaced the trap a few times. A temporary and cheap fix.

Nice you slept in a little plus got out the door early. If I leave my phone alone in the morning I’ve got 20 plus minutes to spare.

How did your projects go today?

I’m at lunch and wishing I had a heated mattress pad at work. I’m freezing. We aren’t getting above freezing today but at least it’s sunny.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I try to leave my phone alone in the mornings when I have to go to work, but sometimes the temptation is too great. When I'm at home or at TR's and I have nowhere to go in a hurry I can get sucked in for hours, ha ha.

Yesterday I took my clients to see two things I knew they weren't going to buy. The house they were most interested in to this point now has an offer on it now, so that may be off the table. I'm attempting to make appointments for tomorrow but already one of the six that I've called on is also under contract. Things are MOVING! Hopefully this will inspire them to write an offer (a GOOD offer) when they find something they really do want.

Last night worked out strangely; I ended up going to TR's very late and then had to get up this morning and drive in. Fortunately traffic was good so I made it downtown right at 7 and climbed in bed for another hour. Today I need to keep making progress on my project. I think if I just put my head down and plow through I can probably get through it.

Big Brothers / Big Sisters tonight, and then maybe up to TR's depending on whether we get the snow they are talking about.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I do the same thing with my phone in the morning. I am sitting in our closet for an hour after I get dressed just reading things on my phone. :D

That's great the market is moving so fast but it makes things hard to buy when you have so much competition and need to make quick decisions. Good luck for your client to find the perfect place and make a high offer that gets accepted. More money for you.

That's rough driving to the city early then sleeping another hour. I'd be shot the rest of the day.

I hope you are doing okay on your project today.

Have fun at BB / BS tonight.

I am still home this morning. My SIL isn't leaving for awhile yet and her flight to Dallas is delayed. Marty has appointments in town today so couldn't stay home. Our problem is our front door is a deadbolt so you can't just lock the door and leave. It's kind of a PITA.

I dialed in to work and did my reports already. I had plans to meet a friend for lunch so we are leaving here at 11:30 either way.

Have a great day.
Curby

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results