carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Marcy, did you choose your shoes yourself or go to a store that specializes in tha sort of thing? Here in Chicago we have Fleet Feet and everyone there is VERY knowledgeable about shoes and feet and stride and everything else along those lines. And LOL on everyone driving 10 mph under the speed limit--that would just KILL me!

Zoe, I'm glad you found flooring that you like! The improvements in products like that over the span of just a few years is amazing. And I am with you on wanting to build something so you can pick out all the finishes! I love that sort of thing, but I am an absolute perfectionist so I do drive myself (and everyone else involved!) crazy in the end, ha ha.

Scores FINALLY came through at 6:30 last night (as opposed to early Friday morning when candidates in other states got their scores -- ARGH) and I was very happy to see a passing number pop up. To "celebrate" I took myself to the gym around 8:30 only to find they were closed. I swear they used to be open until 10 on Sundays, but now it's only 8:30. So I came home and launched into the next lecture. Do I know how to live or what?!?

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-CONGRATS! Awesome news!!! I'll celebrate with you by popping open a fresh cold beer in your honor. Glad you made it home without a ticket. Billy Ray needs to stretch his muscles sometimes. I can't believe your plate made it through. That's too funny! The bling is a nice touch.

Zoe-having to pick things out was the reason I didn't want to build! I'm terrible at it. It sounds like you're able to forward with repairs. That's good news. I hope your move goes smoothly.

Marcy-Matt is gone until Saturday and I'm all mopey. I hate to hear Marty is gone for 2 weeks. I had to send my UGG slippers back because they were huge, but I reordered them in both a 6 and 7. Surely one of those will fit! I have 3 pr of the New Balance walking shoes, and they are a little wonky at first. I'm sorry your feet are bothering you worse than your knees! Several years ago I broke the top of my foot, and in an unrelated accident broke the two bones under my big toe. All of that has been inflamed since we moved and I'm so looking forward to my soft, warm slippers. I just may wear them at work too. (I've broken lots of bones. None lately, knock on wood.)

I was so exhausted after last week that I slept a bunch over the weekend. I cleaned house some, and then napped. Then I cleaned another room and took another nap. It took forever just to clean the first floor, and I never made it upstairs! We went home to KY yesterday to celebrate my nephew's 17th birthday and my mom & dad's 51st anniversary. Work today was almost as crazy as last week. I'm hoping for calm tomorrow, although I didn't check my schedule before I left for the day. I'll go in with happy thoughts and maybe it won't be a train wreck. Regardless, I should have a package with 2 pr of comfy warm slippers waiting for me when I get home. Something to look forward to! Have a great day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday!

Zoe, it sounds like you had fun picking out some nice flooring this weekend. Marty and I usually agree on most decisions. When we picked out things for our house we spent about 2 to 3 hours going through all of their books then went back the following week to make all of our selections. It was fun! Let us know how your mom’s surgery goes. Sending mega PS dust her way. Have fun with your aunt.

Dee Jay, congratulations on passing your tests. :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: One of the Snoopy photos we bought a few weeks ago is Snoopy in an image called “Rage Rover”. He’s driving a car and is shaking his paw and looking like he’s screaming something. I didn’t tell Marty this but it makes me laugh because it reminds me of Marty. He really grumbles a lot at other drivers. I usually take a magazine to read so I don’t have to get all tense from his irritation at other drivers.

Deegee, I am sure one of the new pairs of UGGS will fit. They look so toasty warm. It sounds like your feet are about as “tender” as mine. I can’t believe how bad I hurt. Sorry that Matt is gone this week. We can have a “cyber” glass of wine together. Congratulations to your parents for celebrating 51 years together. That is amazing. I hope works isn’t too crazy for you this week.

As for my shoes – well I am practically crippled up tonight. I started my day by going down to check the man cave (found 3 curtains open and the wooden dowel not in the sliding glass door) and then climbing the steps really got my left knee going. I darn near fell when I stepped down on the step in to the garage. Walking in to work my knee kept feeling like it was going to give out on me. I sat there doing knee bends and leg lifts under the desk which helped. I also took some extra strength Excedrin. Trips to the bathroom and boss’s office were a massive challenge. I came home about 4 and have been putting ice on both sides of my leg. I put on my old shoes when I got here and it is a massive difference from front to back. I think they were tilting me back from the toes up to my knees. I have worn the same brand / style of tennis shoe for 14 years. I think that was a BAD call.

I bought window food on the way home and my dishwasher can just wait a day to be emptied and our breakfast dishes can just clutter up the countertop.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh no, Marcy! I'm sorry you're so messed up today. Can you stay home and off your feet tomorrow? Have you been to the doctor for your knees & feet? Is there anything at all that will help? I have been avoiding my back doctor since we moved because I know I'm going to get yelled at. I'm feeling sorry for both of us and Zoe too with all she's got going on. I am running low on beer and only have 2 bottles of wine. That might not get me through the week, especially if I am feeling sorry for the 3 of us AND celebrating for Dee*Jay! I need to go to the store tomorrow!

One of my friends at work told me I should try the Dr Schols custom orthotics kiosk. Have you tried those? I wonder if they help.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Deegee, I am low on white wine but do have a few bottles of red wine I can dip in to if necessary. I have been to the doctor on my knees. I have degenerative arthritis in them. They have been scoped and realigned but are still pretty bad. Since my knees are out of alignment my feet are turned and twisted so recently my feet have hurt more than my knees. I have been using the Good Feet orthotics for about 4 years now. They have helped a lot but I have only been wearing Brooks running shoes. I generally avoid stairs whenever possible so I think the combo of the walking shoes alignment and our long flight of steps just put pressure on muscles that haven't been used for walking in a long time. I slept good till 3 then was getting stiff and sore so got up to put ice on my leg. I emailed in sick for today. Our building is way too big to walk around.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Deegee, thank you for celebrating for me! And I hope you love your new slippers. I hate it when I order things and they don't fit.

Marcy, yowza! Can you go back to the old brand of shoes but just a different style? Maybe the style they replaced your's with (if indeed they did that)? In retrospect my old New Balances were like bricks compared to some other shoes I've used since them. I hope you get some relief!

Yesterday I stayed at work studying until about 8:30 and then went to the gym for an hour. I had two major conceptual breakthroughs on the elliptical, LOL. This morning I came in early to do another hour but a colleague of mine who was out yesterday arrived early too and ended up parked in my office for quite a while talking. I plan on staying late again tonight.

My back feels so much better when I work out. I can even sleep on my stomach (I have no idea what the connection is there) so between the feeling better in general and the added sleep benefit I am really glad when I can get to the gym.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

I was not very productive in terms of studying last night... There is a topic that I should be able to get simply by logic if nothing else, and it's simply escaping me. The worst part is that topic feeds into a second important topic, so by extension I'm missing the boat on TWO things. ARGH. I gave up and went to sleep early thinking I would wake up early and come it to work to look at it again, but I just stayed in bed 'til the usual time. Oh well.

When I was at the store a couple of weeks ago I bought Stouffer's lasagne. A few important discoveries: (1) The reason that package was so big compared to the other frozen meals I got is becuase it was NOT a single serving meal, but rather the kind of thing that would feed a family of eight for a month. (Of course I at it all myself in one sitting... ). And (2) if you have a crappy apartment microwave that does not do anything other than full power, seven minutes 100% power and seven minutes 50% power DOES NOT EQUAL full power at 10-1/2 minutes. You would think so, but trust me on this, IT DOES NOT. Result: lasagne with burned top. Oops.

So my plan today involves a lot of studying and a late trip to the gym!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. Happy Wednesday.

Dee Jay, that is great your back feels better and doesn’t bother you when you are at the gym. Good luck with those 2 new elusive topics. Sometimes things sink in more than you think; maybe ignore them for a day or two then read the chapters again. Rats that your giant pan of lasagna got overdone. There is nothing like rubberized microwave food. Yum! :bigsmile:

I stayed home again today. My cleaning lady was coming today so I’d be late getting to work anyway, then I'd have to run home at lunch to pay her and lock up the house and I just decided I didn’t want to try that much running around. I got up about 7 and my legs felt great! By the time I was out of the shower my left leg and knee was stiff but not too bad. Then I put out our trash and picked up my paper off the porch and quickly found coming up steps was more of a “pain” than I imagined. Grr.

I did some left lifts again today and have been icing them off and on. It looks like my left ankle is swollen so maybe that has something to do with it all. Strange thing it doesn’t even hurt.

I googled reviews of the shoes I took back and there were a lot of complaints. They replaced their 927 (which I have and like) and people complained they were hard, hurt their knees, hips, legs, etc. I guess I should found those reviews before I bought them.

I am going to work tomorrow. I swear! The trick will be getting back up those 2 steps to get in the house.

How sad is this – I drove across the street to get our mail. I was chicken to step off the curb with nothing around to hold on to.

Laters, :wavey:
Gimpy Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
!

Happy Thursday kids!

Marcy, how are you doing today? I got really worried when you said you drove over to get your mail!

This morning I went to my office early and did about six hours of studying, then came home and cleaned my apartment because I have a friend flying in for the weekend. I tried to take a nap but just as I was dozing off someone texted me, so that was the end of that. Now I'm still super tired, but awake. Damn.

Off to see if there's any food in this house because I am STARVING. I may have to resort to whole wheat flat bread toasted with onion and chive cream cheese. Utterly grim, but I think that's all I've got.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! :wavey:

Dee Jay, did you find some food? I am getting pretty low on food here so I need to pick up some stuff this weekend. Rats that your nap got interrupted by a text. I hate when that happens. I tell my employees they can't text me before 7 am but they forget sometimes. I can never go back to sleep when I get woke up. Have fun this weekend with your company. Thanks for being worried about me. I kind of am too.

So I did go to work today. I did okay but wasn't eager to get up and walk much. I did some leg stretches and lifts again tonight and put some ice on assorted sore spots. I will take it easy through the weekend (after work tomorrow) and if I don't get better I'd best get to a doctor. I swear they'll never let me come home. :lol:

Off to get ready for bed then ice up for awhile.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Happy weekend is finally here.

I think I am better today. Woke up feeling okay. I didn't get sore taking a shower or getting ready for work. I was able to bend my knee enough to Putin my shoe but when I rested the left ankle on my right leg that got my attention. The swelling in my ankle has gone down. I decided to pick up a few groceries on the way home. At first I thought ooh this could be a mistake but I did fine and got up the steps okay when I got home. Success.

I have been doing stretches and leg lifts all week and got more of them done tonight. I plan on taking it pretty easy this weekend.

I had raw veggies for supper with a hamburger on a English muffin. After my exercises I had a ww giant fudge bar.

Take care. Have a great weekend.

Marcy hopefully getting better.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Marcy, I should really know this by now, but I don't. Is the issue with your feet/knees something specific? Is it at all fixable? That may be a stupid question--you're thinking, we'll dumbfVck, if I COULD fix it I WOULD fix it!--but it could be like my right knee where the "answer" is a knee replacement but I am waiting as long as possible. Are you in waiting mode, or is it something else?

I went to the gym yesterday and had THREE--count 'em--THREE!--major breakthroughs in my studying. AND THEN I had another one while listening to the lecture again in the party room in the afternoon. I may not be able to ultimately pass this damn test, but I will at least be smarter than when I started, LOL.

Last night I went to dinner with my friend who is in town, her sister (which is how I know her), her sister's boyfriend (who use to be my boyfriend, so that's how I know the sister :cheeky: ) and the parents of the friend and sister. These are actually the people I had Christmas with when I was in KC last year. We ate far too much Italian food, and then had gelato on top if it. Ugh. Today my friend went to the 'burbs to see her old neighbor so I have a few hours to myself to study, and tonight we're going to a street festival where the band we like will be playing.

OK, off to hit the books!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday!! :wavey:

Dee Jay, that is awesome to hear things are making sense to you with your studies. Have fun with your friends this weekend. You mean you don't remember everything I've ever said, cried or whined about? :lol: My knees have degenerative arthritis. I had both of them scoped and realigned but they are once again in very bad shape. I've been walking less and less and eating more and more so sadly neither has been good for me or my knees. My right knee is so bad I can't walk up steps with it but other than that it rarely hurts. My left knees hurts a lot, is more out of alignment and has been what I used to walk up steps. That is the leg that is having a fit right now. Since my knees are so out of alignment my legs are twisted and curve my feet. I haven't worked on correcting my feet because every time I try to it messes with my knees. I am pretty sure the doctor will think I need to replace my knees but I've been avoiding that because I have so many allergies I worry about putting something foreign in my body. And that is my story as of this moment. The reason the ankle might be an issue too is because that was the foot I put sideways on the floor last fall when I tripped at my parent's house. My ankle bone itself has been irritated since then. Naturally I haven't had it looked at by a doctor.

I am about the same as yesterday. I went and picked up a grab bar for the door in the garage but figure Marty would want to put it up so I'll continue to use the door and my car to get in the house. I went down to visit my sister and BIL at a craft show downtown. I got sore in about 30 minutes and came home. I had a grilled cheese and strawberries for lunch. I guess we are doing take out from Olive Garden and eating at my parent's house tonight. I am doing laundry today so tomorrow I can take it easy.

Take care.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I thought that was what is wrong with your knees, but I couldn't recall 100%. I bet the knee replacements would make you life a lot better though. Is there any way than can allergy test you for whatever the knees are made of? Is it titanium? Porcelain? Plastic? This is probably too simplistic a thought, but what about something like a "scratch test" for all of the components in the replacement knee?

It's funny you mention your feet too. When I screwed up my left knee I think the shape of my foot changed (curving my heel in more toward my other foot) over time. I mentioned it to my physical therapist but she said that typically only happens with calf injuries. OK... BUT... I tell you I can tell in the way my shoes consistently fit differently now that my heel is in a different place than it was before I fell down that mountain!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, I am sure when I absolutely have to have knee replacements we will test for reactions. I am trying heat on my calf right now. It feels good. I've been googling some stuff and it said heat helps after about 5 days. It is weird how your knees alter your feet. I know it changes your hips too. I feel very old today.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keep your fingers crossed. I seem much better tonight.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm really behind and to be honest, I quickly scanned posts.

Marcy, it seems like you're feeling a bit better. I'm glad! I may have missed mention of this, but have you been to a podiatrist? It might be something to think about. I've been to one to get fitted for orthodics and they help. They do take some getting used to, but since they're made specifically for your feet (molded casts are made first, then the orthodics), they provide the correct support as opposed to more generic ones like Dr. Scholl's, etc. Just a thought.

Dee*Jay, I must be the odd man out then because I like the crispy, burned tops on lasagna. I laughed when I read your post because it reminded me of a guy I saw years ago. He invited me over for dinner one night and served Stouffer's lasagna (no salad, bread, no sides, not even a drink 'til I asked for one). Not that there's anything wrong with the lasagna itself, but to serve it on one of the first dates you have with a girl? He couldn't have put less effort into dinner if he tried. My parents nicknamed him Stouffer's Boy. Did Miracles come for the weekend? I saw that she had wanted to meet up. I hope you're having a great visit!

Deegee, thanks for the sympathy! I wish I was all zen but it's not in my DNA or something. How was Matt's trip?

My mom made it through her surgery last week and she's home recovering. She's in pain but she sounds great and feels a bit better compared to when she had the other knee done a couple years ago. She can't move around on her own yet (that will take a while) but it'll happen in time.

I really hate being a landlord. The attitude we're getting, the really long e-mails, the snide comments, and the lack of understanding who actually owns the space has really ticked me off. I just about had a cow yesterday morning when I checked my e-mail and I've been in a bad mood ever since. We came up with a reply and then I just couldn't send it because I can't engage in this. All correspondence from now on will be short and direct, but boy, it's tempting to put it all out there. I'd love to go into more detail but PS being a public forum and all, I can't. If we were phone friends, you'd all get an ear full! :lol: I'm so angry but there's not much I can do. Of course, in typical fashion, D. isn't phased at all. That bugs me too. :cheeky:

Job searching is frustrating but I'm plugging away at it. I've begun receiving unemployment benefits, which helps somewhat.

Boxes are everywhere and at this point, things are being thrown in random boxes. Books that I kept out because I wanted to read them soon are now in a box with the toaster, a toolkit, D's XBox, mail, and a blanket. That makes sense, right?! And to think I started out so organized... The big day is next Saturday, and I'm going to unpack a little and then head to my parents' to help my mom when my dad returns to work. They'll be about 1.25 hours away, so there will be a lot of traveling back and forth for a while until I (hopefully!) start subbing.

I promise I'm usually a more chipper person than I've been in the last oh, 6 months. :oops:

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi all!

Marcy-Ive been worried about you. Will Marty be home this week? I understand about the driving to the mailbox. When I have a bad flare up, my leg drags just enough to make me trip. I fell down our steps at our old house more times than I want to admit! A lot of the times I had to stay home from work because of my back, I would hang upstairs all day out of fear. Our first floor master is awesome, and I seldom go upstairs at all. Matt probably has a party pad up there! It's funny how when one thing goes out of whack, everything else follows.

Dee*Jay - when I make a frozen meal at work, I peel the plastic back and put it in for 5 minutes. Doesn't matter what it is or what the instructions say. Maybe that's why I don't look forward to lunch! I'm impressed with your study breakthroughs. I despise studying. Did you have a herniated disc too? Sometimes when I get rolled over on my stomach in bed, my back hurts so bad I can't get rolled back over. I don't hurt less when I exercise more, but I think I deal with pain better.

Zoe-I feel sorry for you being a landlord. Matt and I talked about the possibility if our house didn't sell quickly, but we really didn't want to go there. Good luck with the move!!! Matt's trip went very well. He was at corporate headquarters in Pasadena, and I think he's ready to move there. He didn't take his allergy medicine one single time while he was there and had no problems. He's been home for one day and is completely stopped up.

Last week was a crazy week at work. I think I had lunch twice all week, and one of those two was just a quick run to Wendy's for french fries. See, I never eat those darn things and I got a taste of them a few weeks ago. YUM. I was so tired every day after work, I came home and zoned out in front of the tv. I watched the first 2 1/2 seasons of Arrested Development in 3 nights. I ended up with the bug that rapidly spread through our office and felt lousy Thursday and Friday, but I couldn't miss work because of deadlines. It was a weird bug - kind of like a mini-flu. Headache, body aches, nausea, exhaustion, but not as bad as the real flu. I did really well with food last week, but had too many beers in the evening while watching TV. We're leaving for our walk now. Have a great Monday!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I forgot to tell you how much I love my new slippers. Anytime I'm home, they're on my feet. My sis and her girls stopped by today. As we were leaving for dinner (purse on shoulder, halfway out the door) she gave me a funny look and said, "are you really going to wear your slippers to the restaurant?" That was a genuine oopsie!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday Evening.

Zoe, I am glad to hear your mom is home recovering. I hope she has a speedy recovery. Sorry to hear the condo ownership continues to be such a headache for you. We were doing the whatever fits in this box at the end too. I still can't find some things and we've been in our house since December. Good luck with your job search. I have not seen a podiatrist but that is certainly a good idea.

Deegee, sorry to hear you had such a busy and crazy week at work last week. I hope you are over the mini flu now. So Matt like Pasadena, huh? That would be a great place to live. Marty will be home this coming Friday. Then he leaves the following Tuesday and gets back on Friday. I am glad you don't have to walk the stairs to go to your bedroom anymore.

So over all I feel better today. I didn't take any Advil but had some major spells of yo Marcy pay attention to me. If I got up and moved around I was fine. The pain is floating too. Feet, legs, knees, calfs, both legs. I only did ice once and think I will get the gel packs out while I watch the 10 o'clock news.

I didn't do the stretches or leg lifts today because I figured I should let the muscles rest for a day.

Eating has been good for a weekend. I am determined to eat better and exercise more. Today I had strawberries and one pancake for BF, lunch was raw veggies, 1/2 of a baked potato and 1/2 of a steak, supper was a cup of pasta and a ww giant fudge bar.

Marty drove from Georgia to Kentucky this week to see a friend and drove through some really bad rain storms. He said he saw 7 cars off in the ditch. We don't have that heavy of rain storms here. They last for like 10 or 15 minutes then move on.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee I am glad you love your slippers. We got in the truck one time and Marty had on his house slippers. I would have been on the floor if he'd walked in to Lowes that way. :lol:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deegee, thanks! We're inexperienced in the income property business, and it's not something we ever planned on doing. In my opinion, unless you're handy and can do a lot of projects yourself, it's not worth the hassle. I'm glad you love your new slippers!

Marcy, I've seen the heavy rain storm coverage on the national news. I hope everyone Marty saw was okay. I'm glad you posted what you had for meals lately. I should do the same because I noticed that I hold myself more accountable to see it in writing. I've had a great few days, food-wise. I've stuck with cinnamon oatmeal for breakfast, a Fit and Trim oven roasted turkey and a string cheese sandwich on wheat bread, rice crackers, and fruit for lunch, and then lean protein and some type of whole wheat grain for dinner. I've also had various berries for snacks and dessert. I've had a lot of cucumbers and grape tomatoes with lunch or dinner, sometimes with ranch dressing. I still need to work in more veggies but that's nothing new.

Hi Dee*Jay!

I have a refinancing question for you, if you don't mind putting on your Realtor hat for a minute. Sorry, in advance, that this may be long-winded. It takes longer to explain when putting it in writing. I wish I could talk to you in person abut this! D. got a notice from our mortgage company the other day, telling us about the HARP program. We knew about it years ago but we didn't think we qualified. Now we do and we're trying to see if it makes sense to refinance. As you know, we're planning on selling within the next 4-6 months, most likely. I know it's usually not recommended to refinance unless you're hanging onto the property for a long time. Since we're not planning on keeping the condo much longer (hopefulyl!), I'm leaning against refinancing. Closing could take 90 days, which is right around the same time we're hoping to put the condo on the market. Are there any consequences for refinancing and then trying to sell property (condo, house, whatever) so soon afterwards? I'm assuming we wouldn't be able to put it on the market until after the new closing date, right?

D. brought up a good point when we talked about it last night. Refinancing would bring our mortgage payment down about $350-$400 per month. This is awesome for several reasons. If our tennant ends up moving out when her lease ends on NYE and we haven't sold by then, we'll have to get someone else to move in. If we have trouble doing that (worst case scenario), well, at least our mortgage payment will have gone down, which makes the carrying costs easier to handle compared to what they'd be now.

Any advice?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Marcy, I’m glad you’re feeling somewhat better! And that is TOO funny about Marty and the slippers. If it were me I would have purposefully not told him and waited for him to figure it out himself in the middle of the store, LOL. That being said, I’ve seen people in public in things much less acceptable than I’m sure Marty’s slippers are, so you guys might have noticed but no one else would have batted an eye!

Deegee, cook a frozen mean for 5 mins no matter what the instructions say—are you and I sisters separated at birth?!? I do have a herniated disc, and it truly sucks. If I work out consistently not only does my back feel better in general but I can sleep on my stomach pain free. Between the better back, calorie burning and quality study time I should really be better about going to the gym!

Zoe, this is a tough question to answer because I don’t know anything about HARP, but I will tell you and you may not be able to list a property for sale that is in refinance (regardless of the refi program). Ask your realtor (who honestly may not know), or better yet, the lender you want to use, and see if it’s permissible. There may also be a lock up period after the refi, meaning the in “exchange” for the better loan terms the lender makes you agree to actually keep the loan for a certain period of time, or could also impose a prepayment penalty for selling too soon. Sorry for not being a better source but the lender should be able to give you specific advice that you can rely on.

Saturday was a bust in terms of food, but I was pretty good yesterday only because I had nothing in the house. Ultimately I went over to CVS (more to just get out of the house than anything) and got a can of tuna so I could have tuna and tomato on whole wheat flatbread. Exciting, yes? NO!!!

This last exam has me in a total panic. Every time I think I understand something I do a set of multiple choice questions or a simulation exercise and come away feeling like a moron. The others were no walk in the park, but this final part is a MONSTER.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay, thanks for the advice. I actually have a call into our lender and I'm waiting to hear back re: rules to refinancing. Best of luck on the final part of your exam! When is it again? I'm sure you'll do great. Just think, the end is in sight...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoe, keep me posted on what your lender says. I tried to research this for you but all the paths take me down the road of refinancing after you take a property that hasn't sold off the MLS (which is obviously not your scenario). But the theme that pops up is that the bank will have no incentive to work on a refi becuase they will feel that the home will be sold soon given that it was already on the block once (albeit unsuccessfully). Hopefully your lender will have good news (especially since HARP is a "program" so maybe they somehow get paid no matter what and the sting of an early payout won't matter much to them).

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday.

Zoe, I agree posting food here is a good way to keep myself honest. I really like cucumbers and grape tomatoes with supper. I often munch on them while I am cooking supper. I am not a big cooked vegetable fan. Tough decision on refinancing your condo until sells. I would definitely talk to someone you trust with a mortgage company.

Dee Jay, too funny about just let Marty wear his slippers to the store. Agreed that I have seen some strange things on people in the store. How exciting to hear you are on your last section. Sorry this is such a tough section.

Deegee, is Matt home this week?

I am better today. I at least walked quite a bit. I went to the mall after work to get a hair cut and looked around Hallmark.

Food today was Cheerios, orange, leftover pasta, cheeseburger with 1/2 the bun, 8 fries and slow churned ice cream. I did stretches and leg lifts. Now I am icing and heating padding my legs, knees and feet.

Take care
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I can see me making it to work with my slippers on only to realize it when I'm getting off the elevator on my floor. Maybe I should take a spare pair of shoes to work, just to be safe. I'm so glad you're feeling a little better. Don't overdo it! I tend to start feeling better and then I overdo it and end up right back to feeling lousy. Matt is back home this week but will probably be traveling again next week, just to his Louisville office though. He won't be all the way across the country!

Dee*Jay-I never claimed to be able to cook. That also applies to frozen meals! I had an injury to my spine in a car accident, and then several years later herniated L5 & L6. That was absolutely miserable! Does your back suddenly give out on you for no apparent reason? One time I had hopped out of the passenger side of Matt's SUV and was walking around to the driver side, my back popped, and I could barely stand up for a whole week. Stupid back!!

Zoe-My haircut lady has gotten into the rental business. She's been buying old houses downtown in need of serious TLC, fixing them up and renting them out. I don't know how she finds the time to work on them because she owns her own salon and works Tues-Sat all day. She loves it though. Her brother just moved back to town and helps with the fixing up, I think. I think she's up to 5 rental houses now.

Well everyone - celebrate with me! We closed on our house today!!!! I'm so relieved. I had such a fear of multiple months with 2 house payments, and I ended up with 2 payments for only one month. The house was on the market for 9 days. It is the first house for the couple who bought it, and they are elated. She said she knew as soon as she saw it on the website that it was the one, and had that feeling confirmed when she walked inside. She said she could tell it was a happy home with good vibes, which is how we always felt about it. After 15 years, we had teary moments of course. I think it is in good hands. I agree that writing down food helps me to do better, but I'm embarrassed of today's meals. We had to go to the house early to clean, mow grass, and wait for the charity organization to come & pick up the furniture we left behind, so we went through McDonald's drive through for a sausage biscuit for breakfast. Lunch was at one of our favorite local restaurants in town (that we won't want to go back to very often because it is too far away now) and I had pork bbq, potato salad and green beans. We stopped at Orange Leaf for a yogurt on the way home after closing. I made myself a salad for dinner, and am having a tasty Tap Room Amber Ale before bed. It was pouring rain again, so we didn't walk. I will do better foodwise tomorrow! Have a great day!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, congratulations on closing on your old house today. That was quick and what a relief to be free of that second payment. :appl: :appl: :appl: How cool the couple that bought it had such a good feeling about it. See they knew it was well taken care of and cherished over the years. I keep showing up at work with my bangs in a roller. So far I haven't made it past the front door but I am sure one of these days I will not notice it in the mirror in my car or in my reflection in the door. So Matt will be in Louisville? I think Marty drove past there; he was in Lancaster, KY this weekend. Funny you say Matt at least won't be across the country, to me that is across the country. I might have overdone my leg lifts tonight. I am laying here on the couch deciding when I want to move. I upped the number I did on each tonight by 10. I will be brave enough to move in a few minutes. Really!

I got my nails painted and I am ready for bed so I guess I'll head that way.

Take care.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Deegee, I can't really figure out what makes my back go out... I will be fine for months and then all the sudden--BAM. It's not anything I do different or over do (although the last time I threw it out it was because I kicked a giant bug in a dream, so I definitely knew what it was that time!). Ah the joys of a bad back... NOT!

Marcy, LOL on showing up at work with a roller in your bangs--that is TOTALLY something I would do! Speaking of hair, after this last haircut that made me look like Edward Snowden I am thinking of growing a short bob back again. Last time I had a bob it was of the soccer mom variety, so I will have to be sure and go the more stylish route this time!

Last night I went home with every intention of listening to the entire 3-1/2 video for chapter 4... and only made it through 1-1/2 hours before I went to bed. Tonight I will simply have to stay at the office until I'm done. No excuses.

Foodwise I wasn't THAT bad yesterday... until I had to go down to my storage locker to get a file out for a client. The storage room is right next to the vending machines. And the vending machines have CANDY in them. What can I say... :nono:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday!

Dee Jay, sorry to hear your new hairdo isn’t to your liking; I am right there with you but I don’t know what else to do. I don’t want to go back to perms. I think the longer style bobs are quite cute but they require more dedication and skill to styling your hair than I posses. Did you get your studies done tonight?

My food was iffy today. Cheerios and strawberries for breakfast, 2 pieces of pizza and a coke for lunch, supper was leftover steak and baked potato which didn’t heat up very well so I didn’t eat much of it. I had raw veggies with it and about 1” of chardonnay. I had a ww giant fudge bar for dessert.

Pain wise I was good until about quitting time. I stopped by to see my folks and their steps and couch just did me in.

I backed off to 20 left lifts and stretches tonight plus arm weights.

Take care.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results