carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, I'm going to pop into the gem and jewelry show in Rosemont today and you've inspired me to look for some dangle earrings! I don't want to spend a fortune because I'm not sure how much I'll wear them, but if something catches my eye I'll check them out.

Deegee, I'm sorry your time at the beach is almost over but it sounds like you've had a really great vacation! Does Lily like the water? We were always afraid to take The Demon to the beach (Lake Michigan) because we were afraid he'd set out for Michigan and the last we'd see of him would be his furry head and he paddled toward the other side, ha ha.

Drum roll please.. I have reached a deal with the sellers on a unit! It's across the street from one of the most famous churches in the city and my eighth floor windows look right at the spires. The best part is the parking spot is on the same floor (yes... I have to drive up through eight floors of a parking garage... that part is NOT so fabulous... ) so when I get out of my car I just come into the service hall and then into the residential hallway and I'm at my unit. Usually in a high rise situation you have to park your car, take and elevator down to ground level, traipse through the lobby, and then take another elevator up to your unit. It's a real PITA, especially if you're carrying stuff. The parking spot is also diagonal and it's next to a wall so I've I've got some extra clearance for Billy Ray. Score! There is only one thing I "need" to do before I move in, and that's to remove the gas fireplace in the living room. There must be some mandate in developers' minds that everyone wants a fireplace. I actually don't. And I especially don't if it's placed on the wall so that you have to position your furniture to face it -- which means facing away from the gorgeous view. I plan on putting my couch on that wall and looking out the windows. I'm paying dearly for that view and I want to see it! The flooring in the living room is laminate and not something I would have chosen, but I don't hate it enough to change it. Same with the carpeting in the bedroom, but I may swap that out before I move in because that's definitely the time to do it. The kitchen is OK... but only OK. The cabinets are in great shape and are of high quality and are dark brown. I may look into getting them painted white. And the appliances are all new within the past year, but they are very mediocre. The granite is, once again, not something I care enough to swap out at this moment. I do really dislike the vanity and top in the master bath, so I likely will do something about that. I've been on line half the night looking at furniture, LOL. Now for the bad news... There is a tenant in there until September 1. I'm actually going to close at the beginning of July and take on the tenant for the last two months. Whatever. At least there's a light at the end of the tunnel!

Alright, off to make myself presentable for the day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, it is sad your vacation is coming to an end. Darn those pesky bills we have to work and pay for, eh? LOL that your watch is trying to kill you. Too funny. Good plan to walk that much. My knee is better today. I sure hope the bent slightly bents knees can strengthen my quads. Marty totally believes lifting can help everything. I am surprised how much better my legs feels over all and I seem to have a bit more energy. So far it’s working for me.

Safe trip home.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great news Dee Jay. September will be here before you know it and it gives you months to plan. Sounds like you’ll do some upgrades. Definitely face the living room towards the gorgeous view. Sweet. Congratulations. Love the idea of parking both cars by your unit but boo to driving up 8 flights.
Definitely look for some dangles. I am thinking of having my studs moved to lever backs. Or live with lower colored diamonds and get some new diamonds for dangles. I believe I’ve spent enough in the last year though.

Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Sunday!

We had quite the adventures yesterday. Traffic was horrible from the Wyoming State line to Colorado Springs so it took us about 2 more hours to get to Colo Springs. Marty likes his new treasure - a giant weight lifting station - or whatever it's called. It's solid steel so as each piece got placed in the truck bed I felt the truck get more weighed down. I swear it reminded me of dropping the 5th wheel on our hitch. Then since some pieces were about 2 feet longer than the truck bed we had to go find a hardware store to get red flags to hang off the back. We did have a lovely dinner before heading home and luckily traffic wasn't bad heading north. We kept stopping at Starbucks for Marty's coffee fix and my bathroom breaks. Sadly they don't sell my favorite drink - Coke - so I got crankier as the day went by. I finally got a Coke about 6 pm on the way home. We stopped at a Starbucks and I walked over to a soup / salad place that sells soda. The 3 employees working were all teenagers so they gave me my Coke free. I told Marty - great - I must remind the teenagers of their grandmother. :lol:
I did see 2 very cool things yesterday. A newly restored Big Boy Steam Engine locomotive was leaving from our local depot in celebration of the 150 anniversary of completing the transcontinental railroad in Utah. It was amazing to see that 80 year train heading west. Then I enjoyed the view of a snow covered Pike's Peak; it was so pretty.
Not much going on this morning. I am working on laundry. Some friends are coming over for supper tonight. Then it's back to work tomorrow. Phooey.

Take care.
Curby

Reactions: AV_

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-it sounds like you found a fabulous place! Anything that needs done or updated, I have no doubt you’ll get done in record time. It sounds like your view is awesome. I can’t wait to see pics! Is the garage entry/exit one of those that go in circles? When we park on the top floor at our mall, I’m always a little dizzy getting out of the garage.

Marcy-sounds like you had quite an adventure! Very cool to see Pike’s Peak and the restored steam locomotive. I am sure Pike’s Peak nearly scraped the bottom of our plane when we flew over it! (Seemed like it, anyway.) Do you also get to use this new weight lifting station? I found 2 exercise videos I bought several years ago that I never opened, and I’m going to try them out. One of them came with a pair of weighted gloves, which I’m sure will be good exercises for my arms. The other is a 15-minute boot camp series. Wish me luck!

We made it home safe and sound last night. I’ve been doing laundry all day. I have one last load to get into the dryer, then I’m done. We went grocery shopping and to eat, and I got a good walk in. As you know, I live in the mountains. My neighborhood consists of 3 dead-end streets. I mapped out a one- mile path that I can walk as many times as I feel like in order to get a good walk in on days I don’t go to the park. It’s a pretty good workout because it’s all uphill/downhill. My legs are tired! I’m off to get that last load in the dryer and to call my mom. Wahhh...I have to go to work tomorrow. Have a great Monday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, did Marty carry all the stuff down into the man cave when you got home? That's a workout in and of itself! And boo on the traffic. I went down to another suburb on Saturday to view some furniture and the four lane highway was down to two lanes in both directions for "road construction"... but all I ever saw was those barrels cutting off the lanes and no work being done!

Deegee, I'm sure Lily will enjoy all the extra walking too! I need to get back on the wagon with both working out and eating. Ever since I hurt myself hiking in Italy in October I've been pretty bad again. I found a few videos online that I like to do (well... OK... "like" might be too strong a word!) and maybe I'll motivate myself to queue one of those up today.

My weekend was very low key and not really productive. I looked at some furniture and other stuff on Saturday but nothing really struck me as something I have to have. When I got back we went to dinner at a friend's house. Yesterday I had big plans in terms of getting paperwork together for my mortgage and other administrative things, but all I actually managed to do was a whole bunch of laundry! I switched my days this week so I'm off today and tomorrow and I'll go in on Wed, Thrs Friday. That gives me today to get things accomplished around here. Tomorrow the cleaning crew is coming through. Thank god -- they haven't been here since JANUARY! A man, two boys and two dogs is A LOT. Obviously TR and I DO clean, but not to the level that this whirlwind crew will do. Of course I'll have to spend a bunch of time getting the place ready so they can even do their thing, but it will be worth it!

I have some pics of the place that I'll post showing the view. It's laughable how tiny it will seem to you ladies living in your single family mansions! :lol: I guess that's the price I pay for being a block and a half off of Michigan Avenue.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FB6830C0-4F61-4D9C-8B3A-0E29D2A16B9A.jpeg 46B2111D-C571-44D7-939A-33C742E83F2D.jpeg A6F99B4F-8798-4F67-9C0E-4302353FC0A1.jpeg 5CA0EC08-3650-40E1-ACA4-C66B9A12FC23.jpeg

Attachments

• 28B08997-8776-4557-A214-14F5E4EBD4B6.png
    28B08997-8776-4557-A214-14F5E4EBD4B6.png
    870.4 KB · Views: 36

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
8B78B41A-1DAF-4A71-B40C-C361D8E25259.jpeg 8B007548-C763-43BF-9B79-FFB889AD53EE.jpeg E843DF0E-FF36-4B63-A29D-5E142FFDB722.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As you can see, the fireplace forces to you to put the furniture facing away from the windows, which I think is goofy!

I'm also working on some kitchen ideas that hopefully will allow me to change it up and not redo the whole thing.

With me, any new place is an *adventure*! :cheeky:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, nice you mapped out a mile walk from your house. I am sure Lily will love every minute of it. I bet walking up and downhill does really work muscles in your legs. I hope you survived your first day back at work. Dream of that ocean view. I am glad your plane missed Pike's Peak. Good idea to try your exercise video. Good luck with that! How is your mom doing? I am so glad she did so well with her surgery.

Dee Jay, your new place looks fabulous! If past experience repeats itself you'll be redoing a lot of things in your new place. You seem to enjoy it too. The lifting station is still in the garage; I think Marty is looking for another place to rent. Don't you hate that when they have roads or lanes blocked off for construction and no one is in sight? Nice that the cleaning crew is coming in - 1 guy and no pets can make a pretty big mess around here. Oh wait, I contribute to that too. Your place looks pretty big to me. Do you have picture of the kitchen?

I gave up on having the group talk with my employees - I can't get them all there at the same time. Today I gave my talk to an employee in our one on one. He will probably be the easiest one to talk to about what you need to do to help yourself. I also got to tell my negative nel who called in sick if she stays home tomorrow she will be past the max negative vacation accrual of -80 hours. If she exceeds it 2 more times this year she will be written up. It will be interesting to see if she shows up tomorrow.

Marty is heading to Phoenix for 2 days this week.
We had some of the white stuff here today - but it was hail not snow. Really? That is starting already? On the bright side it was a free car wash. :lol:

Take care.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I do have kitchen pics, which I post separately. Totally up in the air about what to do with it -- my opinion changes hourly, LOL. I think my biggest problem is that there is an opening from the dining room into the kitchen and because the cabinets are dark and it's right where the dark microwave hood is above the range it is not attractive to me. I'm also toying with the idea of just putting something in that "hole," like maybe a blind. Does that sound crazy? This will probably make more sense when I post pics.

Yesterday I did yet more laundry (!) and cleaned up a bit in anticipation of the cleaning people. There was still some stuff to be done this morning when I left, but TR had a couple of hours to do it before heading to work so I'm hopeful, ha ha. Looking forward to going home tonight and seeing it!

Nothing exciting to report this morning; have to get a bunch of work done!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A0324E9E-FB1B-40BC-8386-E5616F50F7CA.jpeg 40401DF8-D79A-46F8-AB6C-FD5EA22476B5.jpeg EB0F3555-7B0D-44AA-9F90-5108142D6014.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to post kitchen pics this morning!

The kitchen is OK... but not at all to my taste. The age old dilemma: how much can I live with vs. how much am I willing to spend... :rolleyes:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that is a tough call - what can you live with vs what do you want to spend? Once you start; it never ends. It does look like a great place and I love the view. That's worth a lot! I am with you on the window opening; the microwave isn't a great view. The property brothers would probably take the wall out but what a chore and expense that would be. A blind, shade or shutters might do the trick. I can't wait to see how you end up decorating and fixing up the place.
How was the TR's house when you got home?

2 Employees down, 3 to go on my little expectations for the year speech. It's nothing new that they haven't heard but I want them to hear exactly what my boss focuses on. Two of the ones I have left will not take the team work part very well. Hey, they brought it on themselves. As Deegee likes to say - suck it up Buttercup!

The rain and fog continued here today. We might get an inch of snow tomorrow in to Thursday.

I watched the first segment of the Spanish Princess airing on Starz today. It's about Henry the VIII's first wife. It was pretty good. I spent most of my lunch reading about her and the Tudor reign.

Have a great evening.
Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-That view!! Amazing! I’m with you about the fireplace. I’d want that view in front of me. And so close to Michigan Avenue. I’d need multiple jobs to keep up with my shopping! I can’t wait to see what you do with the place. We had a window like that in our house in Ohio. It was between the kitchen and breakfast area, and I never quite knew what to do with it. Congratulations on a great find. I just can’t get over that view!

Marcy-mom is doing very well, thanks for asking. She will be coming to visit this weekend. She visits my haircut lady once a year to have her hair straightened. My hair is wavy and frizzy on very humid days. Her hair is insanely curly/frizzy. She swears it curls so tight, it gives her a headache! Your program on Starz sounds interesting. I like watching that kind of thing. Is it historical fiction or a documentary?

So, I have FABULOUS news! I’ve known for several weeks now, but my boss waited until I came back from vacation to make the announcement. I haven’t uttered a word to anyone except Matt for fear of jinxing it. I got a promotion, a nice raise and I’m no longer a manager!!! I am responsible only for me. YAY! I am eligible for time and a half overtime, so I’ll actually get paid for the hours I work. So now when I feel guilty about wanting to buy something, I’ll work some overtime to pay for it. My promotion was effective April 27, but I’ll still have to be manager of my department until a replacement is hired, I sure hope that’s not long, because I am so ready to move on. Let’s celebrate!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, that is interesting your mom's hair curls that much. I have wavy hair mostly because I have so much hair. That's nice your mom will be at your house for Mother's Day! I would say the show is historical fiction. I don't always start watching series like that but thought I'd record it at work to see if I liked it. I am going to set the timer to record it at home now.
Congratulations on your well deserved promotion! That is awesome. :appl::appl::appl: It sounds like a win win - no more managing people, more money and the ability to make overtime. I am so excited for you. :wavey:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I fear I'm going to end up doing a full-on renovation, including taking that wall down to counter level. It would I think make the place feel a lot more spacious. Today when I go for the inspection I'm going to take a lot of pictures and measurements and also find out the brand of cabinets that are in there in case I am able to have the frames painted and replace the doors.

Deegee, the most amazing thing is this gorgeous church is in the middle of all these modern high rises. Such a cool setting in my opinion! And CONGRATULATIONS

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
on your promotion!!!

The cleaners did a pretty good job! It was also a lot less than expected, so that is a bonus. The kids come today though so it won't last long, ha ha.

My drive in this morning was brutal -- at one point it was raining so hard I literally couldn't see the road. And then it STOPPED. Not another drop. Um... OK...

Today I need to get a lot of work done in a short amount of time because I'm heading out around 3-ish. Ugh.

ETA: No idea what happened in the middle of my message -- it posted part of it and I had to go back and finish the rest separately... ?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I do think opening up that wall would make that space look bigger. You'll have it all planned out by the time you can move in there next fall. :appl: And yes, that church is a great view from your window.
Nice the house looked good and cost less. The house cleaner who was awful about showing up on time sent me a text today so see if I had any cleaning for her. I decided I'd give her a try again; she was so thorough I rarely had to do anything after she left. Now I am worried about letting the other lady go. Ugh.
Oh no for driving in such hard rain; we are getting more of that white stuff - snow. I hope you got everything done before you had to got to go home.

Marty made it to Phoenix - she told me it was 77 degrees in the shade. It felt like 25 here, windy and snowy. He told me to get rid of that crap before he gets back tomorrow.
I met a friend for lunch today so wasn't too hungry for supper. I made popcorn and yes only I can hurt myself making popcorn. I melted a few tablespoons of butter and then turned around to put the popcorn popper in the microwave and nailed myself right on the bridge of my nose. I sent Marty a picture and told him it was lucky for him he was in Arizona so no one can suspect him of hitting me. I've nailed my head now from 3 different directions. :wall:

Take care.
Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-I keep looking at your pics. So pretty! Knocking down that wall would open it up. I’m guessing you’ll have everything done before I can get a paint color picked out for my kitchen!!
I’ve only been here for 6 years, you know.

Marcy-you poor thing! Do you have a nice bruise on your face? I had popcorn for dinner too. Lily and I took a walk at a fast pace in the park after work and it was pretty warm-mid 80’s. I wasn’t hungry after that.

Thanks for the congrats on my promotion! I can’t get over how happy I am to know I will eventually not be a manager. A lot of people stopped by my office today to congratulate me, and they all said the nicest things. It made me feel really good. Have a great Thursday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, how nice that people made your day stopping by and acknowledging what a great job you’ve done and congratulating you on your promotion. That is awesome. Glad to hear I wasn’t the only one eating popcorn for supper. Glad you didn’t hurt yourself. I don’t see a bruise yet but I do have a headache and my nose hurts. I took some Advil. Wow to you and Lily having a nice walk in 80 degree weather.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, we had a cleaner one time that had been with us for years but I had to fire her because she kept breaking things. That wasn't the killer -- I mean, I'm sure it wasn't on purpose -- but one time we realized a piece of Mexican pottery that we bought on our honeymoon was MIA and she didn't even tell us what had happened. That was the final straw...

Deegee, LOL on only being there six years and not yet picking out a paint color for the kitchen! I'm chomping at the bit to do a project, but I can't even get in there for year until the tenants move out in September so it's killing me... I did take a lot of measurements yesterday though so I can maybe get some stuff lined up, even if I don't want to actually order it before I have full access to the space.

The inspection went great; there's not really anything wrong with the place (and I didn't think there would be). I got the brand of cabinets yesterday and I'm going to go to the showroom at the Mart at lunch and talk to them about the cabinets. I realized that I forgot to take one critical measurement in the kitchen -- duh! Oh well, nothing I can do about it now.

I need to work on a project today that's been nagging me for ages... ugh.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I totally get being upset when the cleaning person doesn't let you know they broke something or damaged something. The first girl we had clean for us did that quite a few times. I wouldn't be as upset if you just let me know.
I have no problem believing you'll have all of your plans lined up to renovate your new place long before September. Fun! Good news the inspection turned out fine. Did you work on your project today? I finished my compliance and harassment training today. I knew you'd be proud of me.

We had snow on the ground this morning but the roads were just wet. It snowed off and on all day. At least we should start warming up again tomorrow.
Marty gets home late, late tonight.
Tomorrow is Friday! :appl:

And BTW the girl I am considering hiring again has NOT responded to my text last night seeing if she could clean on the 24th. Reminds me of one of the things that irritated me about her before. :wall:

Take care.
Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-I bet it is killing you having to wait to work on your new place & move in. We closed on a Friday, and the previous owners had asked if they could have until Sunday to be out, and that nearly did me in! I wanted to get in the new place and had to wait the whole weekend. Haha! They were awesome though, and the house was spotless and carpets freshly cleaned.

How’s the nose today? I hope you don’t have black eyes! We have a cleaning service, and they are incredibly reliable. If I’m not satisfied with something, I call the office manager and she sends someone the next day to take care of it. In 6 years, they’ve only cancelled once because half their staff was out sick. That’s not good for business for the girl not to call you back. Sometimes just a quick call to touch base is all you need, whether you get a firm answer or not. Compliance’s & harassment training does not sound like fun.

Today dragged on and on. I have a vacant position in my department due to an employee retiring April 1. We can’t post a position until someone is completely out of that position, and we’re all paid 2 weeks in arrears. I couldn’t post it until my last day before my 2-week vacation, so I spent today interviewing people. It was weird because the applicants were all internal and they all know I’m changing jobs. Oh well! It was terribly hot and muggy today, and now it’s pouring rain. I took my walk on the treadmill,and I think I’d rather walk in the pouring rain! Why can I walk 5 miles outside on hilly terrain, but a mile on the treadmill is pure torture? Off to watch a little Netflix before bed. This week I’m happy for Friday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, compliance and harassment training -- baby, you know how to live! :cheeky:

Deegee, I'm trying to tell myself the good thing is I'll have a long time to really seek out the right furniture for the new place and I won't impulsively buy something as soon as I come across it, and then find out there's a better options. Plus, maybe things will go on sale!

I slept in this morning and it was marrrrrvelous! TR headed out with a friend to go mushroom hunting and I have had a leisurely morning. Leisurely, that is, until I tried to do my nails. I also posted this in the the What Color Polish Are You Rocking thread in Hangout, but here is a long drawn out story about what a ditz I am...

I haven't done my nails for weeks because of moving and there were just too many other more important things that needed to get done. This morning I was like Today's The Day! (Yes, I know, I need more excitement in my life... :lol: ) Anyway, I got all ready, whipped myself up a fresh cup of iced coffee and set out with my gel and light and all other other accoutrement that go along with my gel manis. As I was coming down the stairs I noticed that there was some awesome light coming in from the skylight -- what a perfect spot to do it; I'd be able to see really well! I set up in a lovely patch of sunshine and put on the base coat. It seemed a little weird... but I hadn't done my nails in a while so maybe it was fine and I was misremembering. Then I did the color. It was going on kind of streaky so I ended up with three coats to get good coverage. And finally, the top coat. I did the first hand and by the time I got to the second hand the brush was HARD AS A ROCK. :confused:All I could think of was that the lid must not have been on tight and the top coat was ruined. Fortunately I had another bottle because I never threw out the first bottle when this new one had come in, so I went upstairs and got that. By the time I got to the third finger, same thing -- brush was HARD AS A ROCK. WTF?!? I googled it and apparently the UV from the sunlight was curing the polish!!! I tried to use acetone to just take if off but I ended up with a weird, streaky, half-cured half gummy mess. Ugh. I didn't have it in me to start completely over (i.e., soaking, etc.) so I then tried to do a light buff with the sanding block and just slap on another coat of color and top coat (I also have the top coat from when I tried the CDN 60 minute soak-off version). That resulted in an ever bigger weird, streaky, half-cured half gummy mess. Now I'm about two hours and half a dozen coats into what was supposed to be a quick do-it-yourself mani. :rolleyes: Through the magic of acetone and buffing I finally got to a point that I could just slap some of that textured sparkly (regular, non-gel) polish on and hope for the best. Taking all this off is going to be a BEAST.

Anyway, off to do some laundry and empty the dishwasher. The Excit-O-Meter is obviously on High here today, hahahahaha!!!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-what a fingernail fiasco! I never paint my nails and my hands always look like crap. I can’t commit to a regular manicure, either. I had my fingernails at a great length and they didn’t look so bad. I was giving serious thought to a French manicure, then bent one completely backwards yesterday. I clipped them all very short. No polish needed.

Hi Marcy!

Mom is visiting, and I dropped her at her hair straightening appointment at 8:30 this morning and then went to the park for a 3-mile walk. I could have walked further because now I’m sitting in my car, killing time! Have a wonderful Saturday!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Deegee, yowch on bending your fingernail like that! I'm kind of marveling at how rock hard mine are right now -- I think I'd break a finger before one of these babies would give right now, LOL.

Checking in from the lounge at the Porsche dealer. Billy Ray is in for an oil change and some other regular maintenance. $825... :eek-2: Oh well, farfegnugen, right?! :lol: Plus, they have a full service coffee bar (cayenne and honey latte anyone?!) and fresh cookies and muffins right out of the oven. When I die and go to heaven it will be this place!

This is the only real thing I have planned for today. Yesterday some guys came and cut down a couple of trees in TR's back yard so I'm sure there will be a fire blazing when I get back. My dad is the same way; there's something about men and fire, ha ha.

I need to find a new audio book to download while I'm here because I finished my other one on the way. Too bad, it was book 25 of a goofy series I've been listening to and that was the end so far. I'm going to have to get used to listening to something else because after two dozen books with the same person it's kid of like she lives in my car! :cheeky:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welllll... apparently three of my four tires need to be replaced (two have nails in them and one is over six years old and the rubber is brittle. The fourth one is apparently newer and in good condition. So I got that going for me

UGH.

Approaching three thousand dollars out the door... and I thought I was just coming for an oil change.

At least the car wash is "free."

:shock:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, I am thinking of calling a cleaning service instead of just having someone clean who does it on the side. Like you said it’s nice to be able to just call them and have them come back and take care of something they missed. My nose it tender but not bad; luckily no black eyes. When I wash my face or push up my glasses is about the only time I feel it. I like walking outside better than walking on a treadmill too; maybe it’s not as boring. That would be strange to be interviewing for someone who won’t be working for you; have they picked a replacement for you yet? Have a nice time with your mom’s visit this weekend. Ouch to bending back one of your nails; that never feels good.

Dee Jay, nice that you slept in yesterday. What a mess and hassle with doing your nails. I painted mine Thursday night and smudged the heck out of 2 of them. My mistake is I put all my nail polish in a drawer in the bathroom and is right by a heater vent. It seems to be making all the polish thicker. I didn’t want to keep them anywhere near our new bedroom furniture. Yes, I bet your polish will be fun to take off. Your Excit-O-Meter must register as high as mine done. I tell you - the excitement in my life never ends. Ha Ha. Woo hoo to getting Billy Rae ready for the season. Your Porsche dealer has way better treats than mine does. Crap that you need new tires. I am dreading that day because I know what that cost me for the A6 so I hate to think what it will cost for the Macan. That’s so decent of them washing the car for free. Did you have a fire blazing last night? I cranked mine on again for a while.

We went to the credit union yesterday to get Marty's 401 from his last company moved in to an IRA. That took a while. I still say we are going to have to work until the day we die or quit spending money like we do now. :lol:

I am working on laundry today. We went out for lunch and the Mother’s Day crowd is out there already; it was busy. After my lunch settles I need to go lift. Marty had a friend over here lifting this morning so I decided to wait. I didn’t want to share my gym.

Speaking of nail polish I do need to find a place to move that today. I still don’t want to put them in my new dresser or night stand. My luck I’d spill it somehow.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy mother's day to my motherless gal pals!

Curby, I kept thinking of the piece of bling I could buy for what I spent at the dealer... :cry2: Oh well -- gotta be safe!

When I got back yesterday TR was still hard at work dragging wood up the hill and onto the fire. These were two large trees and it's quite a process! If he can get the neighbor to help him with the biggest piece he should be done maybe by today. He just headed off to the store to get a plant for the boys to give their mother for mother's day when he takes them back later. I told him that Dino and Oscar used to get their momma a big lovely bunch of flowers to celebrate. We'll see what he wrangles up from Sonny and Blue... if anything, LOL.

I came downstairs to the kitchen being an absolute disaster. I can't figure this out -- I put all the dishes in the dishwasher before we went out to dinner last night (at some terrible kid friendly burger place... ugh) and then later TR slathered the morrel mushrooms he'd found on Friday in butter and flour and fried them up. Well it looks like not one thing was done beyond the eating of those mushrooms in terms of clean up. I swear to god this little stay here with TR and the boys is going to drive me straight to Betty Ford. I seriously considered a big shot of Baily's in my coffee when I saw this mess!

Tonight we're going to a Cubs game with some friends. It's going to be quite an ordeal; I'm sure it will take us two hours to get there, the game goes on forever, and then who knows how long to get back. I don't even LIKE baseball...

OK, off to work on the kitchen mess some more.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results