shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy crock pot recipes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
My life is crazy with after school activities and sports. I''ve got three kids running every which way. I love reading everyones healthy advice tips. Does anyone have any good/ healthy crock pot receipes. Especially chicken based?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
THIS site has good chicken crockers.

I know what''s for dinner tonight now. Thanks!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Those doooo look good!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 1:28:05 PM
Author: somethingshiny
THIS site has good chicken crockers.

I know what''s for dinner tonight now. Thanks!
Thank you Somethingshiny that looks perfect!!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I have an easy chicken tortilla soup recipe (in the crock pot) if you''re interested? I get rave reviews every time I make it!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 1:58:25 PM
Author: Burk
I have an easy chicken tortilla soup recipe (in the crock pot) if you''re interested? I get rave reviews every time I make it!
Yes, please
9.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Here you go Skippy!
2.gif
(by the way-I never thanked you for your lasagna recipe! I''m going to try it this weekend!)

Chicken Tortilla Soup:
1 rotisseri chicken shredded OR 2 large chicken breasts (if you use the chicken breasts, they''ll cook in the crock pot and you can shred them before serving)
1 can corn (drained)
2 cans tomatoes
1 can chicken broth
1 cup water
1 can black beans (drained)
onion
1 pkg. taco seasoning

Can top with cheese and sour cream (doesn''t make it as healthy however
3.gif
)

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Burk, it looks good and easy
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 7:45:33 AM
Author: MMT
Thank you Burk, it looks good and easy
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Looks delicious Burk, thanks!

Camille

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 9:18:00 PM
Author: Burk

Chicken Tortilla Soup:
1 rotisseri chicken shredded OR 2 large chicken breasts (if you use the chicken breasts, they'll cook in the crock pot and you can shred them before serving)
1 can corn (drained)
2 cans tomatoes
1 can chicken broth
1 cup water
1 can black beans (drained)
onion
1 pkg. taco seasoning
Can top with cheese and sour cream (doesn't make it as healthy however
3.gif
)
Yum, that soup sound wonderful
18.gif

Here's a recipe I've been making in the crock pot for years every week, great for sandwiches, chicken pot pie or alone w/salad, promise to melt in your mouth.

1 Whole chicken, about 3.5 lbs adjust seasonings if smaller/larger

In a small bowl combine these dry spices:
1 Tb salt
1 Ts onion powder or 2Tb dried chopped onion
1 Ts cayenne pepper
1 Ts Thyme
1.5 Ts garlic powder
1/2 Ts Black Pepper
1/2 Ts Basil

Rinse the chicken inside and out, drain and pat dry with paper towels, trim excess fat at neck & body Cavity. Rub the spice mixture inside and out. Two cooking options here:
*Place in the crock pot, cover and cook on high setting for 5 hours w/o opening the lid
36.gif

*Place the seasoned chicken in a baking dish, cover and refrigerate overnight to marinate, when ready to roast, stuff cavity with chopped onion, turn the chicken breast SIDE DOWN, roast uncovered in a preheated 250* degree oven for about 5 hours [I highly recomend baking two/double the spices] start basting after the 3rd hour when the juices start running, the chicken is done when juices caramelize on the bottom of the pan and the chicken is golden brown. I know sounds crazy but is the perfect melt in your mouth chicken for entretaining [clenaing while baking] Don't tell MIL you have the recipe lol
27.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Camille that chicken recipe looks great! Thank you Mochi for the link. Do you have any favorites?

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 11:21:14 AM
Author: MMT
Thank you Camille that chicken recipe looks great! Thank you Mochi for the link. Do you have any favorites?

I haven''t tried any of the recipes there it''s fun reading her reviews on it...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results