shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 7th Sept till 13th Sept

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends! Hubby and I finished Painting today, yay
trampo.gif
I also did Muscle hour/Core Revolution, lots of squats, lunges, push ups, jumps, and weights. I am happy relaxing now!!!! Oh and at the gym I saw the WW leader and she wants me to be a weigh in person at WW so she is going to call the manager; that was sweet of her. If I still don't get the job it won't bother me as I got busy lately.

Hope everyone has a FABULOUS weekend!!!!

DRAGON, woo hoo for your workout!!

SHARON, hey woot for your swimming workout!

SDL, you are thin, seriously!!! You are doing great friend; hang in there!

MARCY, yay for having some time with Marty!!! Oh the opening was fun but all the clothes were for people like size 3, eek! lol My friend and I were giggling over how tiny the clothes were (not the friend who has the store). It was fun though! Hope your nephew finds a job soon, sending good job vibes.

ROD, yay for working out!!! ENJOY your sushi tonight!!

TLH, thanks the opening was fun! I hope you get some rest this weekend. WOOOHOOO for all your runs! Hugs to you and prayers for your dh for a speedy recovery. You both sound very positive, love that!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I am soo behind again! We''ve had a busy week.

I''ve been trying to teach my sis some yoga to see if she''d like it. I was actually able to do the crane pose!! It was for like one second, but I''ve never been able to get my feet completely off the ground before. I was able to do it consistently but very briefly each time. I was getting disappointed because I felt like I was really plateauing in my yoga. I never saw a huge change in my body physically, but I had been consistently getting stronger and had better endurance. It seemed like it just quit, but now that I''ve accomplished the crane my love for yoga has doubled!

My mom and I made some panini type thing with spaghetti sauce, cheese, and fresh veggies. It was really good and filled my pizza need.

I was going to implement by 2 hr Fri Am workout, but I ended up babysitting my nephew. I took JT to the park today and we were on the swings for a long time. I can''t go past a swing without jumping on...I also taught him how to tandem swing and WOW is that a workout on your legs and arms!

Have a great weekend!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey and Happy Friday.......It was a normal day at work. You know the drill for me. I left work around 6 PM and drove to our favorite sushi spot through a very fierce thunderstorm. Dinner was great as usual and since it was still raining when we left the restaurant, I went to Sbucks to pick us up a cup of decaf, so we could have coffee at home with Sakai on our shoulders. Charlie''s off for the entire weekend! This is the first weekend he''s had both days off in over 6 weeks, so we''ll do the gym one day and a movie the next. I just finished my streteches and it''s after 11 PM, so this will have to be short again.........

Marcy, I hope Marty got home safely and I laughed out load over your wish to hear him buying you a flawless diamond!! Some dreams are worth holding onto, right??? Sorry about your nephew. It''s really tough out there and while we''re seeing some positive signs, it''s still going to be a while before the market really changes. I hope he finds something soon.

tlh, sometimes when we actually get a chance to rest, we make some of the best progress when we start again. At least that''s been my experience. So enjoy your little break!

Hey Michelle. I''m afraid I don''t know anything about the exercise program you asked about, but anything that elevates your heartrate and burns more calories than you consume should have a positive effect on getting the weight loss engine pumped up again. Anyway, it''s nice to see you and I''m glad to see you''re doing well, even if really busy.......

Yay for finishing the house painting Skippy!! I''m sure you''re really proud of this accommplishment and I''ll bet it looks fantastic!! And you piled on muscle hour on top of that. YOU GO GIRL!!!!

SS, I''m glad you''ve found a new and exciting love for yoga. It sounds like you''ve made great progress!!

OK.....time to shut down and get some sleep. Friday night is the best sleep night of the week and WOO HOO for being able to sleep in tomorrow morning!!!!
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. Marty is on his way home from DIA. Yippee. I cleaned the house and did a few batches of laundry tonight.

Rod, yay for a great workout last night. That is great Charlie finally has a weekend off. Marty said I’d kick his butt if he bought me a D flawless diamond which is true I’d go for an E eye clean so I can get a bigger diamond. LOL. I am glad to hear the job market is loosening up but it is still pretty tough. I hope you sleep in tomorrow.

Tlh, the trips to Hong Kong last through the end of this year. I’ll survive but the checking account will reflect my boredom and tendancy to shop when I’m bored. I hope you get rested up this weekend. I am delighted to hear your husband is in better spirits.

Michelle, adjusting to graveyard shifts is very difficult. I am sure you’ll find a routine. Do you have that shift permenantly or do you rotate shifts over time?

Skippy, I am sure you are delighted to be finished with the house painting. Marty was working on ours but the prospect of getting it finished in 2 weeks looks bleak. Good luck on getting the WW weigh in job; you would be AWESOME helping everyone else at WW. Too funny giggling over tiny clothes.

Somethingshiny, yay for seeing results with yoga. Sounds like you had a great time in the park.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello!

Ahh..the weekend.

Rod - I hope you got to sleep in and have a nice, restful day. Glad to hear that Charlie has the whole weekend off! I look so forward to weekends.

Marcy - Yay that Marty is home for a little bit before he leaves again. My husband''s company has reduced workforce so much, he''s just thrilled to still have a job. He has decided that he''ll happily go wherever they send him. He''s a chemical engineer, but spent the last week at work moving furniture all day. I sure hope companies start spending money again soon.

Michelle - graveyard shifts would be tough. I always think my ideal work schedule would be noon to five. I could sleep in, and still get home early enough to have an evening. My employer won''t agree to that schedule. Go figure!

tlh - Sorry you''re having an off week. I have only walked 2 days this week, and didn''t get much mileage in either day. I like what Rod said about getting rest and then making progress again.

shiny - that''s great to build strength and endurance. I keep wanting to try my yoga videos, but I think I''m too big a klutz!

Skippy - a ww weigh in job sounds fun! I''d like to do that on Saturdays. Glad you had fun at the opening! Size 3? I haven''t been a size ever!

I''m off to meet my sis and her kids for dinner. Have a great weekend everyone!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........It was a totally rainy day in Tampa. It''s actually a pretty rare thing for it to be cloudy and rain the whole day. I must admit it was nice to wakeup to rain as it''s rare that it rains in the mornings down here, so it was nicer sleeping in this morning. We couldn''t sleep in too late though, because we had a showing of our condo to get ready for. We had lunch at a greek restaurant near us and it was really good. I had greek chicken/lemon soup and a 1/2 pork mojo sandwich. Yummm to the max. The port was basted in a greek sauce, served in fresh crusty bread with melted cheese on top and a side of like an au jus to dip it all in. There''s a Starbucks right next door, so we had coffee and watched it rain. Then we hit the gym and I had a really energized workout and even increased the amount of time on the elliptical. I''ve had no pain today. None. That''s pretty amazing. We just did our little diner for dinner and I wanted breakfast. So, I had scrambled eggs, and ham, homefries (oooh what a treat) and for an extra treat, Charlie and I split a whole wheat buttermilk pancake on the side. Sometimes, breakfast for dinner can be so satisfying............We''re planning a very relaxed day tomorrow, which should be another rainy day and maybe go see a movie.

Marcy, I hope you and Marty are enjoying the weekend together.......I did laugh about the diamond........I''m not sure I''d reject a flawless stone if someone just wanted to buy me one!!!

Thanks deegee (see I got it right this time!!). Aren''t weekends the best? The problem with them is they''re waaaaay too short. I hope dinner with your sister and her kids was a lot of fun..........

Hope everyone had a nice Saturday.............

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday!

Deegee, I am with your husband these days it is good to have a job. I hope companies start spending again too. It is very scary out there. I hope you had fun with your sis and her kids.

I didn’t do a lot today. I met my dad for coffee break, stopped by their house afterwards to see their pictures from their Alaskan cruise. Marty was home by then but didn’t want to run errands with me so I ventured back out. I picked up a digital photo frame for the living room and spent a great deal of my day scanning old photos and loading up photos on the new frame. It’s big enough we can see it from across the living room so I put it by the TV. It was fun to look at those oldies but goodies.

Well, take care and have a great Sunday. Tomorrow I have to figure out food for the week.

Take care.
Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
SUPER quick check in!!! I am about to have a NEW NEPHEW very soon!!!! I went walking but made sure to take my phone. My sister is in the delivery room, yay!!!

HAPPY SAT NIGHT
35.gif

SS, you are so awesome to teach your sis yoga!! have fun with your sweet son!

ROD, yay for sushi and a thunderstorm! I love storms, we just had one, woo!

MARCY, yay for doing laudry, I love the smell of clean fresh laundry. hehe yay for pics of Alaska!

DEEGEE, have fun with your sister!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
good morning friends!!! I am an AUNTIE AGAIN, to a beautiful baby boy, 7lbs 8 oz, yay!! He was born last night at 11:45; we are going to go see him this morning!
9.gif
12.gif

Then later tonight I am walking with my friend. Last night my parents came over for dinner. I made them chicken, vegtable white bean soup and a huge bowl of strawberries for dessert. They aren''t the best at eating healthy so I like to make something good for them when they come over to eat. They are super excited about another grandbaby. I can''t wait to hold this cutie in my arms
36.gif
9.gif

HAPPY Sunday all

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi.

Skippy, congratulations on being an auntie again. I hope mom and baby are doing great today.

I am doing great on my chores for the day. I made breakfast – a Marcy version of the classic breakfast - eggs, bacon, toast and hash browns. Then I headed to the grocery store. I decided to fix a roast for today so we’d have some leftovers. I made the frozen steam and mash potatoes – they are great by the way - and some veggies. I already packed up some leftovers for lunch tomorrow and measured out my cereal for 2 days and put a little cream cheese on 2 mini bagels for me as well. Since I get home from school so late on Monday I thought that would be helpful on Monday night. I have some leftovers from last week in the freezer already for Tuesday lunch so I won’t have to do much tomorrow evening when I get home about 9:30 pm.

I also went over my notes for class tomorrow and posted the directions online for the internet class. I am WAY ahead there as I am usually working on that about 7 pm. I balanced our check book and have the last batch of laundry in the dryer.

My knees and lower back are giving me the what for this weekend. I think the cooler, wet weather might be most of it. My knees have been more achy than normal; I think it might be the new arch inserts I’ve been wearing. My feet continue to be doing great with them though.

I bought us some mini pizzas for supper today. They are small, thin crust so will be kind of a treat for my normal calorie range for supper.

Take care and have a great day.
Marcy

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Aunt Skippy!!! I hope everyone is doing well!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey and Happy Sunday.........We had the lazy day we wanted. It wasn''t nearly as rainy or cloudy as they forecast. In fact it was mostly sunny, with a brief shower this afternoon and it was pretty hot too. Actually, too hot. Summer won''t end for a few more weeks and we''re really ready for some cooler air, but we''ll have to wait until near the end of October for that. Charlie gave me a haircut (he''s gotten really good at cutting my hair for a person who''s never had any training), then we had a lite lunch and coffee under the oak. We bought dinner at Fresh Market (I love that store!). They had just gotten in a few dozen Maryland steamed blue crabs and they were large and heavy, so we bought a dozen of them, plus a pound of freshly cooked jumbo (I mean really really large) shrimp and some fresh silver queen corn. It was a wonderful dinner to sya the least. The crabs were perfectly cooked, and really meaty. The corn was fresh and crackly and sweet and since I don''t put butter or anything on corn anymore, it''s not really fattening. The dinner was actually pretty low cal......I still have my streatche to do for the day, from a pain standpoint, it''s been another wonderful day, without pain! I hope everyone had a great Sunday and the upcoming week is good for all.........

Yay for Marty being home Marcy. How long did you say he''d be around before his next trip? Your vreakfast sounded terrific and I hope your roast was great!! I''m sorry your knees and lower back are giving you some grief.

WOO HOO Aunt Skippy. That baby doesn''t know lucky he is, but he''ll soon find out!!!

Hey SS!!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yay Skippy!!! Congratulations to you and your family. How exciting! I hope everyone is doing well.

Marcy - I hate to hear that your knees and lower back aren''t cooperating for you. My two worst flare-ups every year are during the transitions between summer/fall and winter/spring. I''m having trouble getting over my little slip last week, and my back doctor pointed out on Friday that my visits to him and PT always seem to be in March and September. I hope you feel better soon! I have a digital photo frame at work, but I don''t turn it on often because I find myself getting lost in staring at the pictures. It is full of pictures of family, and even though I''m only an hour and a half away and go home just about every weekend, I find myself getting very homesick.

Rod - I love going out for breakfast at dinner! I never get to eat real breakfast food any other time because I always sleep a little too late every morning. I ordered breakfast for lunch one day last week and it really hit the spot, although I wanted to go home and curl up on the couch instead of going back to work afterwards!

Today was a very lazy day. This was the first Sunday in months that we didn''t head home (to KY) for Sunday dinner with a lively game of wiffleball afterwards. Matt and I watched football all day, went to eat around 5, got stopped in wreck traffic on the interstate for about an hour, and now we''re home and getting ready to take a walk. Our entire weekend was relaxing and slow paced, so hopefully we''ll be ready to get back with it tomorrow. Hope everyone has a good Monday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Somethingshiny.

Rod, glad you had a lazy day – a well deserved one too. Your dinner sounds great. We had some rain here too but we were pretty cool with temps in the 50’s. Marty leaves in 2 weeks. The roast was pretty good and will give us a few lunches this week with leftovers.

Deegee, I’ve noticed weather and season changes is when my joints feel the worst too. I hope you start to feel better from your fall. Digital photo frames are great. We bought each other one for Christmas. I got Marty the 7” Sony. He got me a 5” no name one that broke in 2 months. I’d asked for a small one so I could take it to work but decided against it for that very reason worrying I would start to watch it instead of working. I like to tease Marty he bought me the “cheap” one. The one I bought is 10” and you can see it from our couch so it will be nice in the living room. That is nice you are so close to the family and that you can go home a lot. Rats for setting in traffic; I am glad you had a lazy weekend.

I continued on my list of things to do today and got a Thursday project finished today and got out my knitting. I need to be keeping busy so when Marty leaves I have lots of things to occupy myself.

Take care.
Marcy

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/13/2009 11:34:26 AM
Author: Skippy123
good morning friends!!! I am an AUNTIE AGAIN, to a beautiful baby boy, 7lbs 8 oz, yay!! He was born last night at 11:45; we are going to go see him this morning!
9.gif
12.gif

Then later tonight I am walking with my friend. Last night my parents came over for dinner. I made them chicken, vegtable white bean soup and a huge bowl of strawberries for dessert. They aren''t the best at eating healthy so I like to make something good for them when they come over to eat. They are super excited about another grandbaby. I can''t wait to hold this cutie in my arms
36.gif
9.gif

HAPPY Sunday all

congrats on being an auntie skippy!

also, your dinner sounded delish! it''s so good of you to make a healthy dinner for your parents!

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
hey all! i''m new to the thread here and it''s really great to be able to read everyone''s accomplishments and daily ventures.
1.gif

so, it''s been about a month since i started changing my eating habits for the better and so far, i''ve lost 10lbs. besides the better eating, i think a lot of that was due to my work. i''m an asst. manager at a sports bar and i''m constantly on the go and on my feet for about 9 hrs/day. the job also requires that i do some heavy lifting, cleaning, bar-tending, waitressing, etc...

i recently got a pedometer and based on it''s readings this past week, i average about 9,000 steps/day and i''m always below my calorie limit. however i think i''ve reached a plateau and i''m not sure how to get around it. i''ve recently started doing some aerobic exercises on my days off, and i''ve read that i should "zig-zag" my caloric intake every so often but, i''m curious as to what you ladies do when this happens.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results