shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 7th Sept till 13th Sept

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all!

I hope you will forgive me for kicking us off quickly today as I have a very busy morning, will be back later today as usual!

35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! Happy new week. We have been lazy today including making some cc cookies. They are going in to work tomorrow but I did enjoy a few warm ones. Marty is heading off for the week tonight so I wanted him to have some cookies to take with him. He''ll be back Friday.

Tomorrow I go to a gum paste class after work. I am not sure I want to make gum paste flowers; they look a lot like fondant so I might just go to class and hang out but not make things. With teaching 2 classes and working full time I guess it sounds like too much work.

Have a great day.
Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
All weekend hubby and I have been painting the exterior of our house; I don't like painting, but it looks fabulous now that it is almost done. hehee Yay for home projects. We ordered a new garage door so we knew we needed to work on painting so this weekend was it and we will do one more day of painting next weekend but it feels good to almost be done. Okay I haven't worked out these past few days but I think I got some workout painting. Hope everyone is having a WONDERFUL Labor day!!! Hugs to all
35.gif

Hi Lorelei and Marcy
1.gif
yum to cookies!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HELLO!!! MIA Dee is back! Went to a friend''s cottage with no internet access at the end of July and then got preoccupied with other stuff. But have been (of course!) religious about working out. Up 3 or 4 lbs rights now, but working on fixing that...

Hi Lor, Marcy and Skippy! And hello to everyone else who I''ve missed terribly!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.........It still feels like Sunday, so I was actually surprised to see the start of the new weekly thread. Actually I'm glad, because tomorrow's already Tuesday, which means we're just that much closer to the weekend!!! Today was a really nice day. I slept till just past 9:20......Have I ever mentioned I think sleeping in is a special treat........LOL Of course I have..........We had breakfast on the terrace, lunch at Panera, coffee under the oak, then one of the best workouts I've had at the gym in months. Literally months! I even did the elliptical (still stopping sooner than I would have liked because I promised my PT I would) at the kind of pace I used to before pain took over my life!! Our usual Monday night sushi place was closed for the holiday, so we wound up at one of our favorite waterfront restaurants, who recently started serving sushi, which turned out to be good. Not regular Monday night, true Sushi bar good, but good none-the-less. And we got to sit on the water as the sun was setting. It just doesn't get much better than that!! Alas, all good things must come to an end and it's back to work tomorrow.

Thanks for gettting us going Lorelei!!

Yay for a relaxing day Marcy.....Yummmmm to CC cookies! What is gum paste class? Somehow it doesn't sound like fun......

Painting is VERY hard work Skippy, so you've more than gotten a workout in if you've been painting all weekend. And I'm sure the house look's fantastic!!

OK......time for my stretches......May the week fly by and the weekend be upon us sooner than not...........LOL

ETA: Nice to see you DeeJay. Glad you've continued working out, and you've been missed!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deejay good to see you back!!! I missed you!!!

ROD, yay for sleeping in honey!! glad your leg is feeling better. hey I thought of you when we went to eat sushi this weekend! hehe

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone! I''m back from the lake. We had an awesome time and I didn''t want to come home. My friend stocked the fridge with fresh fruit & veggies and light beer, and made low point meals. She''s the best hostess ever!! I bought my new MacBook Pro on the way back from the lake last night and am still learning to use it. We went for our walk tonight and I slipped in some mud, and by the end of the second mile my back and leg hurt too much to continue. I came straight home and took pain and anti-inflammatory medicines. I''m hoping that it straightens up by tomorrow (fingers crossed!).

Hi Lorelei & DeeJay!

Skippy - painting is hard work. I hope you calculated yourself some activity points for that! Glad your house is looking fab.

Marcy - It''s good that Marty won''t be gone for too long this time. Any shopping trips planned? How do you find time to shop with all the activities you''re involved in?

Rod - Sleeping in is my most favorite treat! I look so forward to weekends and holidays just so I can get extra sleep and get up when I want to. Nice to hear your workouts are getting back to where you want them to be.

Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi.Okay I have 15 minutes before I promised myself I’d be in bed.I’ll be quick.

DeeJay, glad to see you back here.Yay for being on a religious workout routine.I am sure your few pounds will come right back off.I am on the serious calorie counting track again tomorrow.

Rod, woo hoo for sleeping in today.Glad to hear you got in a great workout including time on the elliptical again.Your dinner supper and sunset sounds marvelous.Gum paste is another cake decorating class but it’s similar to the fondant that you roll things out and put them together.It looks like a lot of work.I think I will just go watch.CC cookies were good and they are already packed for the office tomorrow.I agree I hope the week flies by; at least we are already one day closer to the weekend.

Skippy, painting the house sounds like a chore.Marty started ours but hasn’t gotten too far yet.

Deegee, I am so sorry to hear you slipped and hurt your back and leg.Hopefully it’s just sore and you’ll start feeling better soon.Glad you had fun at the lake and sounds like they planned a healthy menu for you.Shopping is my time off from everything so I just go wander around usually after work.When Marty is in Hong Kong I will make a few trips to Denver.

Woo hoo it’s only 10:55 so I am off to bed ON TIME.

Take care and see you later tomorrow evening.

35.gif

Marcy

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hello Everyone!

Wow... it is 2pm on TUESDAY which means tomorrow is WEDNESDAY and it''s all downhill from there ALREADY hehehe. I''m getting back into my groove. I have done yoga the past three nights and ran yesterday and today. I did lose some of my oomph stamina for running over this break, but this morning I hit a song that inspires me, and my friend (who died) started yelling at me in the back of my mind again (from time to time his "come on, you can do it" from rock climbing days hits me and I say you''re right, I can. I have taken to using him as an inspiration for myself to do things and it really is working. Later I can say " He''d be so proud" :) . Anyways, tonight I''m doing yoga again, at least a half hour. Tomorrow no run unless it''s after work b/c I have class

Skippy, dee, marcy, rod, deegee hellooooooo!

Lorelei - I just love your avatars lol

tlh

Ideal_Rock
marcy- the icing class sounds fun!

skippy- wow you''ve been painting the EXTERIOR? is there anything you CAN''T do?!?

dee*jay- glad you''re getting your workouts in!

Rod- glad your new restaurant''s sushi was good! and awesome that you can sleep in!!!

deegee- hope you feel better and enjoy your macbook!

dragonfly- glad you can keep your friend alive in your heart, and use him as your inspiration!

Hello Everyone! Weekend was good. Got a couple 10 milers in... and enjoyed some nice relaxing time indoors since the monsoons came in full force. It was a great weekend, and my hubs and I really enjoyed the downtime.

"The only unsinkable ship is FRIENDSHIP."

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Hello!

Passing through to say hello to everyone!
35.gif

I''ve been sick for the past week so my time on PS has been brief. But now that I''m feeling better and Derek''s sick (LOL!), I plan to catch up. Hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy.

Talk to you later!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends; I am sore today from the painting and climbing the ladder. hehe I guess I did get a bit of a workout in.
1.gif

Today I stocked up on lots of fresh veggies and meals for the week, yay!!! Happy Tuesday and happy new week!

DEEGEE, that is so AWESOME that your friends planned a WW meals and healthy foods; I love that! I always worry when I go somewhere with friends that they will bring so many unhealthy things and then it is easier to give into temptation so that is super cool!!! YAY for your new Mac!!!! I hope your leg is better soon.
hehe thanks about the activity points.

ROD, glad you slept in honey!!! yay for the leg getting better.

MARCY, it was a chore but a good chore because it saved us a few thousand dollars and it ended up being a great workout! hehe Yay for a short week.

DRAGONFLY, wooo for yoga and some runs!!!! hugs about your friend.

TLH, awww, thanks, you made me feel good! It feels good to have the exterior painted. hehe Yay for monsoons, send some our way. We did get a day and a half of rain but more is always welcome! hehe Yay for some awesome runs and a great weekend with your dear hubby!!!

DIVA, oh no to getting sick, glad you are better but your poor guy. take care

tlh

Ideal_Rock
diva hope you and derek feel better soon!

skippy- enjoy those veggies.. yum! Yeah, but rain on wet paint? no thanks! haha! you really are super girl... you need a cape with those fabulous earrings!!!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good evening, everyone!

Marcy -Good for you getting to bed on time! I need to work on that. Do you ever get to go on Marty''s trips with him? When I taught school and had summers off, I used to go with Matt on work trips. Nothing as exciting as Hong Kong though! Matt hasn''t gone anywhere lately that I want to use my precious vacation time on. So, is the gum paste edible? That sounds like a fun class.

dragonfly - So glad you have great memories of your friend, and that he inspires you. I didn''t exercise for 2 days (Saturday and Sunday) while we were out of town, and I had a hard time getting myself going last night. It''s amazing how one little break can throw you off.

tlh - hope you and hubby were able to spend some relaxing time together. Is he still doing okay after his accident?

diva - Hello! I hope you''re feeling much better. Are your wedding preparations still going well?

Skippy - My friend is the teeniest person who is able to eat whatever she wants and never gain an ounce. I have paid close attention to her over the years and she does eat whatever, but she eats in moderation and is perfectly satisfied after eating a bite or two of something fattening. My problem is that I''ll eat the whole thing and go for seconds!

I ended up not going to work today. My low back and leg were on fire this morning, so I took medicine and went to see my back dr. I have lost 50 pounds since I last saw him in March (10 before ww, and 40 after joining ww), and he was so proud. He''s the one who made me realize that I needed to get weight off and get moving if I wanted to feel anything like a normal person again. He told me not to walk for exercise this week, but to walk leisurely until the swelling in my low back goes down. I have to go back on Friday, hopefully for the all clear!

Have a great Wednesday!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......It was a long day at work as I didn't leave till well after 6. While I love a shorter work week, it usually means having to cram 5 days work into 4. At least I did get some extra sleep out of it...........We had baked chicken and steamed veggies for dinner. I have (I hope my last) PT session after work tomorrow night. I'm not sure there's much left for him to offer me. Most of what he's taught me to do, I can do it at home or the gym. I am so grateful to him though. Without him, I would likely still be in agonizing pain and unable to walk a city block. Oh and I mentioned I worked out really hard at the gym yesterday and I really must have. I'm sore today, which is a really good thing. Since I've had to be careful the last few months, I did workout, but not intensely, so it's nice to be sore, but not in pain for a change!!

Thanks my dear Skippy! I'm sure you are a bit sore yourself. Painting is tough work. Several years ago, Charlie and I decided to paint pretty much the entire inside of a house we had bought, in ONE DAY. We painted and painted and painted some more. The next morning, I couldn't use my hands. I mean litterally. I couldn't even pick up or hold a cup of coffee. It was actually kind of funny........

I'm so sorry you slipped and hurt yourself deegee and it was probably good that you didn't go to work. OK., I'm embarassed. Has your avatar name always been deegee? I've been calling you deegree all this time? Sorry for getting it wrong. You take care of that back and let it heal before you do anything strenuous. And congratulations on losing so much weight!!!

Thanks for clarifying what gum paste is Marcy. Yay for tomorrow being Wednesday. Only 3 days left till the weekend!!

Hi dragon, I'm glad your friend (who passed away) still gives you inspiration.

Yay for a good weekend and a couple 10 mile runs tlh!! I'm looking forward to the day I can run again..........

I'm sorry you've been sick and Derek is sick. I hope you both feel better soon.

OK......It's time for my stretches. They usually take about an hour............I'll check in tomorrow night......

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. The gum paste flower class was interesting and definitely requires more patience and time than I have so I am just going to go to class on Tuesday night and watch. The course cost me $22.50 so that’s not bad entertainment for a month. It at least will be 2 hours a week I actually relax and you can’t put a price on that.
I downloaded Firefox tonight for my web browser. So far it is working better than Internet Explorer. IED has been crashing on me when grading papers and it’s driving me crazy.

Marty is in Arizona this week. So begins my 4 months of having him gone more than he is home. Rats for that.
Dragonfly, I am sure your friend would be proud of you and be cheering you on. I was glad to realize tomorrow is Wednesday already myself.

Tlh, yay for some down time this weekend and some great runs.

Diva, rats for being sick. I hope both of you get better soon.

Skippy, I hope you are not as sore tomorrow. Saving thousands of dollars is well worth the effort. That money can be used towards things like anniversary presents that sparkle.

Deegee, I hope to get to bed not only on time but early tonight. I did not sleep well last night – I hear every noise when Marty is out of town. I have not gone on any of Marty’s trips with him. I can but I’d have to take vacation days and he would be working so I’d rather save my days for when we both can have time off. I might do that on an Arizona trip though as I have a very good friend who lives there. The gum paste flowers are edible but they get very hard so it’s probably not a smart idea to eat them. Congratulations for losing 50 pounds since your last doctor visit. I am sure he was excited. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Rod, woo hoo for no more PT and really getting back in to your workouts at the gym. That is wonderful news. Our job is like that too, we still have to do 5 days of work but get it done in 4. I am pretty excited tomorrow is Wednesday already.

Well, I am off to get ready for bed.
Take care.
Marcy

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
hello all. Last night I got in 35 mins of yoga before my body said DONE. The current free class on yogatoday is really challenging and I''m determined to do it all before they post a new one. It''s the hip opener class if anyone is interested.

I gotta figure out dinner tonight....
34.gif
What''s the recipe sight that goes by ingredients you have?

tlh

Ideal_Rock
deegee- thanks for asking, yes he is doing alright. He needs PT for his shoulder, and we''re hoping he can get healed up to compete in his race in just 6.5 weeks! He is doing better, and his anger has subsided... not he is just trying to do what he can to heal up... and hopefully he''ll get his bike back from the shop next weekend... the part he is scared of is the mile+ swim in his triathlon... we dont know if his shoulder can hold up that long. Congrats on your 50 # weight loss, that is just AWESOME! I hope your back and legs feel better soon!

Rod- wow, I''m glad you were able to get a good workout in! I can''t believe you are wrapping up your PT sessions too! How awesome that you''ve made progress! You are doing so many things you weren''t sure if you''d ever be doing again... so I wouldn''t give up hope on the running!

marcy- glad you''ve got your interenet back up and running! And your cake class is an awesome price!

Everyone - happy midweek! Things are good here. Just resting up a bit- and making things for my hubby. Last night I made us motzerella grilled cheeses w/ a slice of tomato and some left over spinach. It was delish! YUM! Today I''ll probably whip up a salad for the two of us, and do some core strengthening exercises like yoga. I hope everyone has a gr8 day!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends, I stopped by to visit my sister and nephew this morning and my sister might have her baby today. She said she will keep me posted; she might be having silent contractions?? hehe My nephew was jumping around and super excited just about being a kiddo in general! Too funny!

Well this evening I will be going for a walk with my cousin which I am looking forward to since I have not seen her since before we painted.
Hope everyone has a great 9-9-09 today. hehehe
9.gif

TLH, aww, you are the sweetest, I could just hug ya! hehe mmm, your sandwiches sound yummy!!! hope your hubby heals quick; prayers outgoing.

DEEGEE, you poor sweetie pie, hope your back and leg feel better. YAY for losing 50 lbs, that is Kick booty Awesome!!!!
36.gif

ROD, yay for having your last PT session; I am so HAPPY you are doing much better, hugs. hehe aw, cute painting story, great job that you and Charlie did it!!!

MARCY, your class sounds like fun!!! oh no more sparklies for me, we will get to stick that money in savings or our ira, yay. hehe aw, I am sorry Marty is gone so much! Hope he gets back soon!

DRAGON, yay for yoga, you are doing great!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........Today, I am a PT GRADUATE!! I had my last PT session this evening. He put me through a rough session but I had no difficulties with any task. So, we hugged and I left. He did offer to let me come for a PT session anytime I want or might need one for just $20. That''s an incredible offer and I''ll likely take him up on that every now and then. Dinner was soup and salad, which was really good. Charlie picked them up at this specialty grocery store and they were amazing. We just watched the presidents speech on health reform. It was inspiring and I really really really think as a country we must fix our health care system. Cost are out of control and so many have little or worse no insurance. It''s shameful and the partisian response I saw was even more shameful. This is a human rights issue, an issue of basic human and not a political issue and it makes me sick that the devide is really about which party is sponsoring this. Shame Shame Shame. OK......Rod Rant Over.........Tomorrow''s a gym night for me.

I''m glad the class was interesting Marcy. I''m sorry Marty will be away so much over the next 4 months. I hope he''ll at least be home on the weekends. Hugs my friend.........

Thanks so much tlh!! It''s even hard for me to believe I''ve made it out of this dark hole I''ve been in. For the first time in months I actually believe I will be able to run again. It''s amazing. I''m glad your hh is doing better and hope he does get PT for his shoulder. I''m a walking talking billboard for PT!!! Oh and that sandwich sounds really good.......yummmmm!

Skippy, you''ll have to let us know if your sister had her baby and you''re again an aunt. Lucky kid to have such a wonderful and loving aunt for sure!!! I''m sure you enjoyed your walk with your cousing this evening. It must be cooler in the evenings now, right?

Ok.......sleep well ladies...........

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good evening everyone!

Rod - woohoo for being a PT graduate! Awesome progress and congrats!!!

marcy - hope you get to bed early tonight. I can''t sleep when Matt is out of town, and I''m usually a wreck from lack of sleep when he gets back. I get the creeps really bad being in the house by myself. Glad you found a way to relax, even if it is in class!

tlh - hopefully PT helps your hubby''s shoulder enough so he can compete in his race. I owe a lot to my physical therapist who worked with me after my wreck.

Skippy - oooh! A new baby! How exciting!!!! Congrats on being an auntie again!

dragonfly - you''re doing so great with the yoga and your workouts.

I went to work today and ended up in a meeting that lasted from 10-2. Not only was my stomach collapsing in on itself from hunger, but my leg AND brain went numb. After the meeting, the network went down for about 2 hours, so today was pretty much a wasted day. I should have stayed home! We didn''t walk because it hasn''t stopped raining all day, but we did have a very low point dinner of grilled chicken and veggies. Everyone - thanks for the kind comments about my weight loss! I always forget about those first 10 pounds because they''re not part of my official weigh-in with ww. I have gone from a too tight (and should have been wearing the next size up) size 16 to a comfortable size 10. I''m pretty happy about that. I took a pain pill and can''t stay awake any longer, so everyone have a great day tomorrow!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. I got home from school about 8:30 and had about 8 papers to grade. Marty bought a new wireless ear piece for his phone so kept calling me to test it out. I think he’s bored tonight.

Dragonfly, yay for a great yoga workout.

Tlh, I am sending mega PS dust to your husband that he is all healed up before his race. Your moz grilled cheese sandwiches sound great.

Skippy, yay for being a new aunt soon. How exciting for all of you.

Rod, congratulations for being a PT graduate. That is really nice of him to offer to give you another session for $20. Marty won’t be home on weekends when he is in Hong Kong. He will get back very late on Friday this week.

Deegee, I did not sleep well last night. I turned on a night light in the front bathroom but every time I woke up (which was quite a bit) it kind of freaked me out having a light on down the hall. It kind of spooked me out coming home in the dark after school tonight. I am not going to enjoy that for the next 4 months. Ugh. Does Matt travel often? It sounds like we both get the creeps being in the house alone. Woo hoo for comfortable size 10. That is MARVELOUS!

Well, I am off to get ready for bed.

Laters,

Marcy
35.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super quickie! Had a hard workout last night once I got back from Michigan (5 hours in the car--man my butt was asleep!). Have been eating goofy stuff but seem to be bouncing within the same three pounds or so. Determined to be better though! A trip to the grocery store is on the list today.

Happy Thursday everyone!
35.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
skippy- exciting!!!! ***healthy baby dust!*** hope you had a nice walk with your cuz!
rod- wow $20 pt session, that is fantastic news, and even better that you did so well and graduated! YAY! You never cease to amaze me... and your willpower and determination are a force to be reconned with. I think that you''ll be running again, if YOU have anything to say about it.
28.gif

deegee- I agree, thanks for your kind words! I think that your WL to date is amazing! You and marcy are 2 awe-inspiring ladies! I hope you have a better day, and one without rain.

marcy- I love that marty tried out his new earpiece- how cool! Funny though since you had so much work to do. I hope you get all those papers graded, and got some good sleep. How''s your knee doing?

Deejay- Doesn''t running after being cooped in a car feel awesome! You''ll lose those 3 pounds soon, I''m sure of it!
Thanks everyone for the healing prayers to my hubs, looks like they are working. We swam for the first time last night in over 2 weeks. Took it really slow and only for 20 minutes. He was sore, but he was able to do the motion without too much pain. He may even be able to compete in the tri in 2 weeks... not the awesomest time... but still - it is something!!! he has also started PT and doing shoulder exercises nightly to help with his flexibility. We were worried he wouldn''t be able to swim, but it looks like he can, just very SLOW. He is 100% cleared for running and biking - as they don''t use the shoulder as much... so he''s going to try to do the races, and just forgive himself if he has some slow swim times.
Other than that all is good. I went on my run this morning and was in a bleh mood. Sometimes you just don''t feel it. Tonight I''m making a nice tossed salad with strawberries and walnuts. Trying to make the most of the summer fruits before they''re icky.

"Don''t let one negative person outweigh all the supporters in your network."

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends!!!! My friend who I use to work with is opening a cute ritzy clothing store so I get to go to the opening tonight; I am very excited for her and hope they do well. I need to try and get in a quick walk today.

Oh my sister isn't having her baby yet. I guess the doctor wanted to help speed things along but she didn't want to; I guess there are more cons for doing that. She still has 13 days before her due date so we all can wait. hehe Thanks, sorry for the false alarm; I am just so darn excited to meet my new little nephew! hehe
1.gif

HAPPY THURSDAY!!! oh yeah, we got lots and lots of rain, super nice! hehe Thanks TLH for sending it my way.

ROD, woot woot for being a pt grad, you are awesome! There are so many people that go to PT and don't follow their exercises (according to my pt) and don't want to help themselves get better for a bunch of excuses; you are a super star!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! huge hugs, thanks friend about being an auntie. hehe

DEEGEE, oh no for the super long meeting. Hope you feel better honey! Wooo hooo for smaller clothes, YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MARCY, hope you slept better last night. I was exhausted yesterday and went to bed at 8:30 which is unheard of for me. hehehe lol about Marty being bored, too funny.

DEEJAY, ouch for a 5 hr car ride. you will lose woman! I have been eating goofy stuff too! hehe

TLH, oh I am glad your dear hubby is healing, lots of prayers continued. YUM your salad sounds delicious!!!!! I think I will make a nice salad for us tonight. hehe

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey all! Well I didn''t do any workout last night, I was a bit tired, so just got other stuff done instead. I had a quiz and homework due as well so that took away from free time. I did figure out dinner and ended up making a baked chicken and pasta dish from scratch and then also came up with a new pasta salad recipe which is
18.gif
. I''ll be perfecting it this weekend and posting.

Skippy - I''m excited for you! Glad she''s taking her time though! Hope you enjoyed your walk!

Rod -I''d jump on that PT session

Deegee - that is awesome about 6+ sizes!!
36.gif
36.gif

Marcy - AHAHAHA I loved your ear piece story

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Howdy folks!
35.gif
Hope this note finds everyone well, and/or recovering from strains and pains.

I have been to the pool on a regular basis--the deep water work out alternating with shallow. All new girls and they work us! My legs were sore on Wed, so I knew I had maxed effort....

The weather is still decent and we walk most evenings.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. This week went by FAST of course but of course being a 4 day work week helps with that.

Marty will be home late tomorrow evening. I have him home for 2 weeks then he’s off to Hong Kong again. Rats.

Another one of my nephews got laid off today. His wife stays at home and they have 3 young boys. His company paid him 4 months’ salary so hopefully he can find something by then. My sister just called and said he has a lead on another job already so that’s good news.

I slept a little better last night but Marty accidentally called me on his cell phone this morning while he was on a conference call on his work cell phone. It was 6 our time so 5 am his time. I heard him entering the conference call so I told him later thanks for including me in his conference call. He didn’t realize he called me. He said he’d have to watch that redial on his earpiece so I don’t hear him dealing on a watch. I pointed out I might hear him buying me a D ideal cut 1 carat diamond. He called me a dreamer!

I forgot to tell you about the ladies in my gum paste class. They all had on their rings and they sure needed a bath. Maybe one night while I am watching I can take my jewel jet and give their rings all a bath. When I was making flowers or frosting cakes my rings were safe and clean in my jewelry box.

DeeJay, your trip home sounds rough. I hate to be in the car that long.

Tlh, Marty tried a text on his new blackberry today – it just said “putz”. He was probably in a meeting and bored. LOL. My knee is improved but not okay. I am learning ways to not hurt it but it still gives me pain and problems. At least I can bend it better to get on shoes and socks. That is great you and your husband got to go swimming. Rats for not being in the mood for running this morning. I agree it’s a great idea to get the most out of fresh fruit while we can.

Skippy, I am sure your new little nephew will be here soon. Have fun shopping. I need a friend in the clothing business. Maybe I will go to bed early tonight.

Dragonfly, your dinner and pasta salad sound great. I love getting more than one meal out of something I make.

Sharon, glad to hear you still have decent weather for evening walks.

SanDiegoLady, it’s good to hear from you. I don’t know a thing about that program.

Take care.
Marcy
35.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......it''s pretty late and I still have some stretches to do, but I wanted to say hi and thank you all for the congrats on being a PT grad. I did work out tonight and I worked out really hard. To be honest, I''m beat, so I''ll just say thanks again and I''ll do better checking in tomorrow night.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
skippy- have fun at the opening, and happy health to your sis and nephew! Hope you get a good walk in!

dragonfly- yummy food! enjoy your rest week!

sharon- glad the weather is nice and your pool workouts still going well!!

SDL - I haven''t tried it. Sorry I can''t be of help. Good luck finding the time for some healthy living in your busy life!

marcy- hope you enjoy the next 2 weeks with marty. I didn''t realize how often he flies to Hong Kong, what an exhausting schedule for you both! dust to your nephew!*** sorry your knee is still giving you troubles, but hopefully by figuring out what doesn''t work, and going from there will help.

Rod- enjoy your stretches graduate!
9.gif

Hi all. I''ve just been really exhausted this week. So I think I''ll make it a recovery week. My mileage will be low this weekend, and I may only run one of the weekend days. Other than that all is good. My DH is in much better spirits, which makes me feel better too! I hope everone has a wonderful weekend!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results