shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 7th Dec till 13th Dec

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.One more day until the weekend.Woo hoo!I left a pot roast cooking in the crock pot today.It was nice to come home to a warm dinner.I made some of the steam and mashed potatoes to go with it.Someone at work told me to add a spoon of sour cream in them so I got lite sour cream and it was pretty good.We have leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

I just talked to my mom and she doing a little better tonight.She was able to tape her eyelid shut and sleep with it that way all night and ate only soft food today.Poor thing.I feel bad for her.

We are going to a Sony store this weekend; I might look at a smaller laptop for Christmas.That of course would mean no bling but we will see what I think.If Marty finds a watch he wants (and he will) I will feel bad saying no then buying myself something.Of course his watches are no something I can pay cash for.Hopefully he will stick with looking for a small espresso machine; he already got his 26” monitor.He brought the side part of the desk he is making upstairs and it is gorgeous.The wood is pine but he is finishing it in an oak like color.He wanted to make the desk top in oak but all the boards they had in 1” width were warped.

Tlh, see maybe your prayers helped out my mom.Thank you.I am with Somethingshiny – I’d need a car to go 7.5 miles.You and your hubby ROCK that you are going to run that much this weekend.I like the idea of the Santa run.

Somethingshiny, it sounds like you are getting a blast of winter too.Sorry they sent your husband home but I am glad they are thinking about their employees getting home safely.Congratulations to your sister.

Hi Danielle,

Deegee, I do wear 2 and 3 sometimes 4 layers of clothes to try and stay warm.I am freezing right now with sweats and a sweater on.Sorry you didn’t sleep well the other night.I hate when I go off to work and forget things.Sorry to hear you are in pain with your hip; I hope it gets better.I love the compliment your doctor paid you – you’ll need rocks in your pockets to keep you from blowing away.

Rod, we got to the teens here today but wind chill was still sub zero.At least it was sunny.Tomorrow is going to be near 20 – I might dig out my summer clothes.Ha Ha.

Lisa, it’s amazing when it is too cold to snow.Thank you for the kind thoughts about my mom.I was so glad to hear her in better spirits tonight.Sorry to hear your knee is hurting; I hope it gets better.The community service night at the gym sounds great.

Take care.

Marcy

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com

tlh

Ideal_Rock
ROD_ glad you had a nice workout on the ellyptical - and I understand about eating the same thing a few days in a row... kinda messes w/ the appetite!

Lisa- I''m sooo jealous! I wish I loved lifting weights, but I don''t - unless I''m working out w/ a bunch of hotties! hAH! You should look into vegas some time... that race ROCKED! I love your charity project w/ the kids- that sounds really awesome. You are a great person! hope your knee pain isn''t too serious.

Marcy- mmmmmm a dollup of daisy in the mashed potatoes is really good. I also love to add a pinch of wasabi to them so make them a differnt taste - not so much w/ a pot roast... but pretty good w/ fish like salmon! I''m glad your mother is doing a hair better, even if only a smidge... I''ll continue my prayers.

Everyone - happy FRIDAY! WHOO HOO IT IS FINALLY HERE!!! I''m super stoked about my Santa Run. I went on a run last night and totally BONKED out. Ugh. I was tired and sore - and just hurting at my joints and other unusual places. So I only ran 3 miles and went home. I don''t play with pain. When I got home I iced up just about everything on my body, belly button down... and took it easy. I had planned on taking the lil dog w/ me on a very easy and slow run to test out my body this morning - however, This morning I was a lazy bones and just didn''t want to run in the cold 30* morning... the freezing temperatures of the race and afterwards really messed w/ my pep in dealing w/ the chills. So I''ll go on an easy one this afternoon when it is 60*.

My eats have been okay. I''ve been cheating a bit and have had some high calorie meals on days I''ve not run... which is a big no no for me. It was interesting being w/ my friend this weekend, as she has very different eating habits than I do. Her pre-race meal is a cheeseburger w/ french fries!!! which basically breaks every rule in the books (and would have me visiting the PJs during the race!) (I only eat my reward meal - AFTER the race...) But every other meal she eats is really quite meager - and I wonder how she does it! She also runs around 20 more miles a week than I do... so maybe I just eat too much... it really gave me something to chew on. As she eats less than I do, but isn''t actually trying to lose weight. Hmmm... food for thought.

Feliz Navidad
Feliz Navidad
Feliz Navidad
Prospero Ano y Felicidad.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......It was a tough and frustrating day. A candidate turned a job offer down today. He was angry it took the company so long to issue the formal offer. Like jobs that pay $110,000/year plus bonus grow on tree''s in these tough times. There wasn''t anything I could do to sway him. If the offer had been issued on Wednesday, he was going to take it. I was the last one left at work at 6:15 and I''m sitting there wondering whey I work hard for candidates who don''t appreciate it. Like I said.......it was a furstrating day........AAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH! At least It''s Friday and I can sleep in tomorrow morning. We met at the diner for dinner tonight. It was just OK. Actually, the last couple times we''ve eaten there it''s just been OK. Like they don''t care as much. I think we need to find a new diner. I''m going to go Christmas shopping tomorrow. I need to get some things for Charlie. I just don''t know what he wants and he''s not giving me any suggestions.

Marcy, 20''s is still frigid to me. I hope you''re mom''s OK? Yummmm tto potroast!

Lisa, the community service gym nightt with the kids sounded like fun, but I''m sorry to see you hurt your knees. You have to have them checked before even think about getting on skis. The culinnary school dinner sounded like fun too!

tlh, you''re our HLT running machine!! I''m sure you''ll do great. It''s a good thing not to play with pain. Don''t compare your eating to your friends. Everyone''s metabolism is different. Personally, while I can understand why she carbs up before a race, I would think there''s a better way to do it.

Skippy, where''ve you been the last couple days???

Have a great weekend everyone.........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hello my fellow health seeking friends.I am so glad it is Friday.

Marty and I went to a bar and had a drink and split some appetizers for supper.It was just that kind of week.After we ate we went to Office Depot and picked up a new router (ours was flaking out this week.)We got a n instead of g (whatever that means) but I notice the internet is quicker for me.Marty had a bit of a problem getting it to work but we are finally online.He is working on getting our wireless ink jet set up now. We also looked at printers tonight too. We have a laser printer that needs replacing – it’s an Okidata and has worked like a champ but it is getting harder to find the toner cartridges for it and now the black drum says it needs replaced.They are about $80 a piece and by the time I replace the black drum and eventually the 3 color drums we can buy a new printer so once that black drum locks up we are getting a new printer.I print too many things for school and club that a laser printer is actually cheaper for us to use than an ink jet.

We are going Christmas shopping tomorrow.I am going to look at the pink Sony pocket digital reader, the 14” pink Vaio and of course sapphire rings.We’ll see what I decide I want for Christmas.Marty got his monitor already and wants an espresso maker.If he finds one he wants he will probably take his K – cup coffee maker to work.

Sunday I need to work on Christmas cards and cookies.

Tlh, I don’t do well with weights either.My thumb joints have arthritis and it starts to really bother them.I think I grip them a bit hard but it sure flares up my left hand (the worst hand).I will have to try some wasabi in the mashed potatoes; Marty will be pleasantly surprised.He loves “flavor” as he calls it since I generally go for bland food.Thanks for thinking of my mom.Sorry to hear you are sore; I hope you feel better tomorrow.It is interesting to see how different people eat but we all have to find what works for us.

Rod, how utterly frustrating to have another candidate turn down an offer after you working so hard to get him to that point.I doubt offers over $100K come his way too often either.What difference does 2 days make to him either.People! My mom sounded better tonight.I am going to go spend some time with her on Sunday.

Have a great weekend.Maybe I’ll have a new sparkly when we get home tomorrow.The last time we were at my favorite jewelry store they had a very cool salmon colored sapphire ring.The cut was just okay but it was a great color.I am going to see if they have any loose stones in that color.I am also going to look at yellow, orange, lavender and bright green sapphires.I just love them all.

Take care.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. We walked and walked and walked today. We went to 2 different malls and one jewelry store. I passed on the Sony digital reader and 10" netbook. I seriously debated about a 14.5 inch laptop but it''s not much different than the one I already have and since this is only 1.5 years old I could not justify it. Then I picked out a orange sapphire halo ring and naturally had to get the studs and solitaire pendant to match. Ouch! Why do I do these things? We got Marty an espresso maker that he is completely delighted with. We picked up a few shirts for him and a retro pen / pencil set.

Eating? Well it was GREAT and TOO MUCH. Not much else to say there.
11.gif

Take care!
35.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......Sorry I was MIA yesterday. We wound up being inviited by two of our best friends to see a new musical that was created here in Tampa and is in it''s world premier before maybe going to Broadway. It''s called Wonderland, is a story based on Alice in Wonderland. It had some very good moments, and it has some odd moments. The talent we saw were all from Broadway and quite outstanding performers. The story just needs some revision to make sense. It was fun to see for free though and we had center row orchestra seats. It was a nice evening..........

Today was unusually warm for the week before Xmas week. It was in the 80s. T-shirt and shorts weather just seems wrong this time of year. I''m not complaining though as it was a pretty day. We enjoyed breakfast on the terrace and lunch and coffee outside. We went to see some new condo''s that opened recently. They were really cool and it ouf place ever sells, they would be something we''d consider. They were very modern and cool. We were late hitting the gym, but we did a full and complete workout. I bought the Lady GaGa double CD set while I was out shopping yesterday afternoon, and I loaded it on my iPod, so I had a really fun run on the elliptical. Dinner was a nice healthy salad and dessert was a couple squares of Lindt dark chocolate. I''m not realy to start a new week, but such is life.

Sounds like your shopping trip was great Marcy!! Will the new bling and espresso maker go under the tree or do you have surprises waiting?

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Seems hard to believe Christmas is just a week from Friday..........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I had another busy day. I made breakfast then headed to Target to pick up some things then went to Bed, Bath and Beyond to get my mom''s Christmas present from my dad. I stopped it by their house along with bottled water and little 8 oz sodas I picked up for them to have at the family Christmas get together. I bought groceries, made our lunch and began on my large pile of laundry. With the cold last week we were wearing 2 to 3 layers of clothes a day so I had a lot of clothes to wash. I made a batch of cookies, fixed supper and wrote my annual Christmas poem. This week I hope to get my cards in the mail.

I looked for a smaller Christmas tree today but didn''t get anything. Most places were very picked over. I might get a tiny tree and put it on a table. That would work since we don''t really have any presents. I have stocking stuffers but can hand those over in a sack.
9.gif

Rod, I am glad you enjoyed a free show and it sounds really nice too. We are getting back in to the 30''s to 40''s here but the ground is still snow and ice covered. No, our presents won''t make it under the tree. Since Marty already has his monitor and started using his espresso machine last night I got to get out my new jewelry. We are quite the kids when it comes to presents.

See you in next week''s thread!
35.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Rod - That sucks! I mean that really stinks! I''m sorry - and my gosh I can only imagine how frustrating that would be! Thanks for your support- and your cheers!
9.gif
Hope you enjoyed the show- and please enjoy that warm weather for me! I command it!

Marcy- oooo the saphire jewelry sounds divine! All the mall walking sounds fun - healthy and WARM too! Good job passing up on the technology- technology neesd to be replaced every year or so - but fine jewelry will always be appreciated! Thanks for your food support- and I bet marty will love wasabi mashed potatoes. they are my hubbies favorite! Sorry to read about the arthritis in the thumbs- what an AWFUL spot to have it - as it is our opp thumbs that separates us from the monkeys!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results