shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 4th May till 10th May

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2009 4:26:01 PM
Author: White Orchid
Happy New Week! I got back into town last week, after a weekend of family dinners and found I still lost a pound!! Woo hoo!!

I picked up my bridesmaid dress for my friend's wedding this summer AND it's at least 2 sizes too big!!
AWESOME WhiteOrchid
36.gif
36.gif

TACORI, oh no. oh I missed the part you lost your vacay weight, congrats!!!!
9.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the good wishes for my nephew. I can''t believe how much he''s playing, acting like nothing''s wrong!

Paula~ We bought our house in Oct so we''re just beginning the landscaping projects. DH took down a couple trees by himself and we''ve done all the work ourselves. We will need to have a few trees professionally removed though. The garden and landscaping is not exactly photo worthy yet. Everything is so small right now, it kind of looks weird. Hopefully, I''ll have something to show for our hard work soon! btw- WHO can resist margaritas?!?

Kimi~ I think just keeping an eye on what you''re eating and worrying less about the scale is a much better way of keeping your sanity.

Marcy~ I never posted on your other thread, but My *sympathies* to you and "your" diamond.

llinag~ Still just doing yoga in the living room. I feel like a geek saying "yeah, yoga is so great. I lay out my mat and do some poses in my living room while trying to ignore the neighbor boy''s drumming." But, that''s the way it is for me. I really wish I could take some formal classes, but there just aren''t any in my area. My flower garden has hyacinth, phlox, canterbury bells, salvia and a couple other things. It''s all purple, pink and white. I was going for a bit of a butterfly attracting garden and I also hung some hummingbird feeders to try to lure them into my yard. I''ve got some "mountain fire" shrubs for the front landscaping along with some lilies. I''m still searching for a few things too. Oh no to food poisoning!! I don''t know what kind of drinks you have when you go out, but have you thought about having them made with only half the liquor? (obviously this won''t work for beer, but it would for most others) Or in a smaller glass?

babysteps~ The yoga I do is mostly Namaste Yoga on FitTV. That''s hatha vinyasa.

HERE is a link to the site I also do some of the other yoga segments on FitTV. Good luck with your ten year low! How exciting!!

stepcutnut~ yuck to wallpaper removal! If you''re not done yet, one of the things that worked for me was putting a small amount of laundry soap and hot water in a spray bottle. It seemed to loosen the stickiness pretty quickly. We''re trying to get all of our outdoor work finished before the bugs too.

DeeJay~ LOL at the niblets! I do that occasionally with green beans.

Elmorton~ Just wanted to send some good dust your way. Sounds like you could use some.

Hi to everyone!

Wow, I didn''t mean to ramble on for quite so long. However, this is my reprieve from "the sickness" that JT''s got. He''s been sick for a couple days, and I finally got his fever under 102. He''s sitting happily on the couch for a bit. It''s been hard keeping him inside and resting. But, he seems to be getting better, so hopefully we''ll all get some sleep tonight. Funny how DH can still be out and about but Mama has to stay in with the little guy... Anywho, other than that, all is well.

Have a great day!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dinner was delicious-I cooked the Asian Lettuce wrap things that Jas posted on the recipe thread a few years ago. They were really good. D had them with tortilla wraps as he didn''t think the lettuce would fill him. Would definitely recommend them.

stepcut-do you have a recipe for your peanut butter. Never would have thought to make it myself.

El-I was a bit like that at the weekend where I was so hungry that I was picking at things the whole time. Like you, they were healthy things to pick at, but still it''s frustrating.

Tacori-Tessa looks so cute in your avatar!

Thanks Addy!

Skippy-awww he''s so gorgeous! I adore him. Amber is doing great! She turned 12 a few weeks ago but is still flying along on her walks. Don''t know what I''d do without her. D is the same-he tucks her into her bed every night and wraps her up in a duvet. Have fun at intervals tonight!

WhiteOrchid-woohoo for the loss!

Night all!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone, I thought I was done with the food poisoning bout but I''m not *quite* 100% yet.
14.gif
I still haven''t really worked out much but I think I''m going to do some push ups, crunches etc tonight.

My boss also called me this morning and said they''re shutting down our company (or our subsidiary). It''s been a pretty crappy past 7 days (bike stolen, food poisoning now this) with a really fun weekend in the middle. I have a month of full pay & two months of half pay after that. I''m hoping I can get a job pretty quickly. I actually had a recruiter call me this afternoon. I''m meeting her tomorrow at 11:30. Despite all the recent crappiness, I''m still in a relatively good mood and not down on life or anything. So, right now, things are still okay. Hopefully it''ll stay that way.

Shiny, I''m thinking I''m going to go back to the Namaste Yoga that you turned me onto before. :) It''s a good thing I have a DVR :) I have cocktails or wine when I go out, so I think I''ll do something similar and skip rounds or alternate with water/soda. Your garden sounds LOVELY!!! I have a community garden across from me that I do stuff in, all the tulips and daffodils are out, and the lilac bush is in bloom. I"m hoping the peonies come out soon. I hope you can post pictures of your garden at some point. I''ll take some pics of mine.

Babysteps, I''m glad you had a good week. Congrats on the last 2 lbs. We''re cheering you on!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Stepcut, Allergies are awful! Sucks they''ve been getting in your way with your classes. How''s the yard coming along?

Dee, what are bridges? I hope you''re enjoying the nice weather. I sure am
9.gif
. Can I sip wine on your deck too??

Bee, how are exams going?

Elmorton, thanks for the scale link. I''ll have to check it out. A bike ride this weekend sounds WAY better than scrapping paint. Don''t beat yourself up too much over the weigh-in, start fresh tomorrow :)

Tacori, dunno if I lost weight but I''d rather just be done with the feeling sick-ness. I tend to mindless-ly snack when I''m stressed too. Maybe a sign that we both need massages. Yay on losing your vacation weight :)

Skip, end of June for your race is totally do-able!!! I''m going to do a jog tomorrow, maybe we can "keep each other company." Yay for the flowers etc. I''ve got tomato plants to put in the garden & herbs to transplant into pots. I just need soil now. :)

WhiteOrchid, Yay! bridesmaid dresses. I hope it''s a pretty one. And Hooray for loosing weight between the measuring and now!! Rock that dress, lady!!! I''m sure you''ll look HOT!

Talk to y''all later! Keep up all the good work. It keeps lazy bums like me in line
2.gif

~Lisa

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
bee, thanks. I posted new pics of her in the mommy thread.

lliang, bored and stress induced eating is a bad habit of mine. I know being a SAHM probably sounds easy to most but it is tough somedays. Sometimes Chocolate is my only friend. I figure it is better than drinking
2.gif
Hope you get a new (and better) job soon! I got food poisoning over 10 years ago but it was REALLY bad. I know there are different degrees. I was literally green. We were on a family vacation at the time too.
7.gif
I remember feeling weak for a long time afterwards.

SS, yard work is a REALLY good work-out. I bet it looks great. Hope your family feels better soon!

WO, yay that you lost a lb and your dress is too big.

Skippy, thanks. Now I am back to 5 lbs away from my pre-baby weight. How is your sister feeling?

So I seriously thought I was going to have a stroke at class tonight. I think the room was hotter than normal b/c everyone looked like they were going to pass out (even the super fit zumba queens). I guess I burned more calories that way. I am planning on going to the gym tomorrow afternoon but T has her 18 month appointment (w/shots) so we''ll see. She loved hanging out with the older kids BTW!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......Sorry for being MIA yesterday. It was a looong day. By the time I got to meet Charlie for dinner and we had a cup of coffee afterwards, it was late. Then I had some work to do so, by the time I was ready to check in it was well after 11. Today was another long day, but a decent one. I did go to the gym tonight. My leg is still huring me. So I''ve decided to start going to my chiropractor. I haven''t been to him in over 3 years. Not since "Rebuild Rod" and I was so glad to no longer need to go, but this pain has to come to an end and I''m thinking he''ll be able to help. Tomorrow''s not a gym night. Regardless of the pain in my leg, I''m going to continue working out as it doesn''t seem to matter whether I do or don''t.

Sorry for not saying hello to everyone individually, but as usual it''s late, and I need to shut down and get ready for bed............

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All.

Today is my three job day, no time to work out. We had turkey cutlets and beets/carrots for dinner. J is such the cooking stud.

Dee, the scale has not been my friend as of late, time for me to say "Screw you!" back at it.

Skip, we''re 2 for 2 with the cookbook, I''ll let you know how much we like it as we continue to cook from it. The portion sizes are good and the food has been as well thus far.

Lliang, so sorry for the rough week. Hope your meeting with the recruiter goes really well.

SS, poor JT! My brain was getting buggy, it was time to let go a bit.

Bee, so glad you''re done with an exam!

Baby, I hope you have a great week too!

Step, you can ignore your scale with me. We''ll be partners in crime.

Tacori, we did a staycation and I still managed to gain. Phooey!

Way to go, white orchid!

Have a great night all.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning everyone. No news from me at all-just studying all morning and then I''m working all evening. Lunch is going to be homemade soup with some crackers.

lliang-sorry to hear about your job. That''s rubbish.

Tacori-I just went and had a look at those photos. She looks so cute in her little dress! I hate it when the studio in the gym is too hot. I go red on a normal day but I literally look like a tomato when the room is warm.

Hi Rod, you sound like you''ve had a lot of busy days recently! Good luck with the chiropractor.

Kimberly-can J teach D how to cook! D''s brutal at it
9.gif

Marcy-Yay for the pants fitting! I''m so disappointed for you about the diamond.

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all
35.gif
Busy exercise day for me, I did the TRX for 45 min. with the trainer - hauling my body weight thru space is brutal! And I squeezed in a step class after lunch, which might help offset the 2 glasses of chardonnay I helped myself to this evening
31.gif

Bee* - are you thru with your exams?
Lliang - what a tough series of life events, you poor thing! thinking good thoughts for new job offers, and hope you are feeling better - I had food poisoning in Jan. and it is really awful - it takes your body a while to be 100 percent
Tacori - you are so close to pre-baby weight, that is a real accomplishment! (I have never Zumba'd, is it possible for the non-coordinated

1.gif
?)
Rod - hope that the chiropractor is able to help with the leg pain and will have some suggestions
Kimberly - 3 jobs IS a workout in itself!

Probably won't be able to check in til Friday, I hope everyone has a great rest of the week!
ETA: Marcyc, sounds like you need more protein in your busy day, can you maybe add a protein shake in there somewhere? you need strength for that diamond search
1.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m having trouble keeping up with everyone! Tell me it gets easier?

I set my alarm for 6am hoping to get a run in before work, but as always I turned it off and slept for that extra 30 minutes. The weekends are pretty easy to do exercise in, but the weekdays are hard.

Somethingshiny - your flower garden sounds great! Is it all in bloom now?

Lliang - wow, it is a crappy week for you! I''m so sorry to hear about your job.

Rod - what happened to your leg that it hurts?

Skippy - you are a workout queen! I can''t believe how much you do! I used to run in college competitively and did tons of races and a couple of half-marathons. With my big move to England a few years ago I have no idea how to find local races. I should do some. You''re great inspiration!

White Orchid - congratulations on the weight loss! Two sizes a huge difference.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!
35.gif

This morning I did a walk/run on the dreadmill for a little over 5 miles, then two hard sets of arms and 100 bridges. I was TIRED at the end!

After that I headed over to the grocery store and only bought a rotisserie chicken breast, strawberries, bananas, and fat free jello, somehow managing to avoid the cool whip, potato chips, and other bad things that were calling my name throught the store. (Of course whenI got home I promply at all of the crispy salty skin right off that damn chicken...
20.gif
)

Not much else to report. The XHH has been in Boston for six days and the monsters and I are getting a bit lonely wandering around this empty house so I'm glad he's coming back today. And our weather is still good so I'm headed up to the roof deck again in a few minutes to enjoy it while it lasts. Apparently we have now had our two days of spring here in Chicago and we're in full out summer mode!

Tacori, Lliang, and anyone else who asked that I can't remember (senility at 38 is a terrible thing... ) here is a link to bridges: link Seriously, these things kill me!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Kim, I LOVE beets!
3.gif
You don't find many people that like them but they're so tasty & good for you too! Your dinner sounds tasty. Thanks for the well wishes. You're so luck J cooks. James is totally useless in the kitchen so dinner & food stuff always falls on me. It gets tiresome after a while.

Rod, Sorry the leg is still bugging you. I think I'm going to pop into a chiropractor for my wrist too. Either that or just break down and get a cortisone shot. Definitely has to be before the end of the month... :)

Marcy, Marty sounds like a doll for picking up some lunch for you. :)

Bee, hope exams are going well. You're half way through!!! Good luck studying! I just wanted to say all your exams sound WAY too hard for me. I'm glad I don't have to take them.
5.gif
James is also a terrible cook. We should enroll all our men in cooking classes. Ha ha!

Babysteps. WOW! You did do a lot of working out! You're going to sleep well tonight!

Addy, sometimes it is hard to keep up with everyone. But you're doing really well. I'm just the opposite of you, I can work out during the weekdays but weekends I'm totally lazy! And Rod pinched a nerve in his leg and it's been bugging him for a while now.

Dee, OOOOH! That's what bridges are!! You should try them on a stability ball. KILLER!

My meeting with the recruiter went pretty well. She's going to call me about a possible interview tomorrow. I'm pretty confident I'll get to 1st round, but not sure if this job is right for me. It's *little* bit junior to what I'm looking for, but not sure if I should be picky. I also shot an email off to my old company, to see if they'd be interested in taking me on. So, like I said, things are okay so far. Not in a panic yet.

James said the sweetest thing, that I shouldn't worry about getting just any job, I should find something I like. He also said we can just go down to the courthouse and get married so I can get on his insurance. Aw, so sweet, but I dunno how much I'd want to do that. I've been kinda planning this whole wedding-thing for October, I guess it's lodged itself in my mind as my wedding.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. Have a good hump day everyone!

~Lisa

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, I took my first Pilates class today (and now know what a bridge is Dee*Jay. Haha) I am REALLY inflexible person on earth. I can''t keep my legs straight during some of the exercises, can''t touch my toes, etc...I might be helpless. Not sure how I felt. I did break a small sweat and was really envious of the instructor''s amazing body. T did great at child watch again. I think the toddler room is a hit. Of course she freaked as soon as she saw me. I feel so important
2.gif

Rod, hope your leg feels better soon!

kimberly, sorry you gained weight. It will come off soon.

marcy, that was so sweet of Marty''s friend!

Bee, thanks for the compliment on T. She is a cutie. Everyone looked like they were going to pass out. It was horrible.

baby, I am a horrible dancer and am uncoordinated as well. I finally can get the steps but I have no flare or sass like some of the other ladies. Doesn''t bother me b/c it is an amazing workout and the hour goes fast.

Addy, I would NEVER get up early to work-out. Just can''t do it.

Dee*Jay, yay for avoiding the junk. Hard to do.

Lliang, lots of job dust. That is really sweet!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends, I didn''t workout today; I had a million things to do and working out just didn''t happen. I had my nephew today and we had lots of errands to run. We also met his parents and my hubby for dinner and now I am relaxing. I worked out Sat, Sun, Mon and Tues so it is good to have a day off.
2.gif

Intervals was great last night; lots of squats, jump rope, lunges and weights, sprints, side planks, and push ups. The gym had a Cinco de Mayo celebration and they were passing out food but I kept walking (I was so tempted though because it smelled heavenly).

Oh and it was so cute because my nephew and I were playing with the bubbles out back and i was telling him that i have a turtle but whenever he is visiting the turtle is never around. Well the turtle made his appearance and my nephew was over the moon to see the turtle; he kept talking about it all day.
1.gif

Well my family and I all had plans to meet at this Pho place but for some reason on Wed''s they are closed so we had Greek. I had a Gyro; it was pretty tasty.

It is crazy hot here too 91 degrees today; I have no clue how that happened. I guess summer is here! Hope everyone had a great day.
35.gif

ROD, i hope the chiro fixes your leg right up; hugs.

SS, I hope JT feels better soon. When you plant things in a few years it will be quite rewarding, great job!

BEE, I love Asian lettuce wraps, yum! I will have to try that recipe! Aw, thanks about the little guy; he cracks me up because he shows up when I least expect it. Today he showed up at the back porch. Glad Amber is doing well and you are taking extra good care of her; Trevor woofs hi to her. hehe

LISA, you poor sweetie pie; huge hugs and hope you feel better soon. I only had food poisoning one time and it was the worst; my heart goes out to you.

TACORI, ack to no air conditioning; I hate to be too hot! Good job on working out.

KIMI, I love reading about your dinners; they sound so fabulous!!! Please keep me posted on the cookbook; I love to buy good cookbooks, thanks!

MARCY, you will get down to your low in no time. Aw, that was sweet of Marty. You two are so cute!

Babysteps, yay for your uber workout!!! Wow, did two workouts! awesome

ADDY, you don''t have to try and keep up all the time; it is hard! Aww, thanks; you are so sweet. Well if you workout during the weekend then you can slowly add weekdays in maybe. Oh wow, I love England; it is so gorgeous out there!!! Oh thanks for saying I am inspiring but you are inspiring. It is fun to talk to runners on this thread to get me inspired!!!!

DEEJAY, yay you are a machine w/your 5 miles, wooo! Woot to the bridges too; try them with the ball, roll outs.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hiya.

Tacori, I''m trying to give myself a break, because I was forced to take one. I just wish things would go back to normal. I don''t have the time to exercise like I did a few months ago, right before the forced break, but school will be out soon and summer school means less hours and more time for myself. It will work itself out, but it''s frustrating.

LLiang and Bee, marrying a man who was responsible for his own meals starting at age 10 and lived alone from 18-36, when we were marred, certainly did me good. He cooks pretty much every day now. Send D and James over, I''ll have him whip them into shape.

Marc, lets throw our scales out together!

Addy, it does get easier, and if you don''t get to everyone it''s no big deal. Do what works for you.

Babysteps, it sounds like a lot, but they''re all part time (and if you add it all I''m still not making a decent full time salary!). I love all three and wouldn''t know how to give one up, but it does keep me busy and running around a lot.

Dee, sounds like your weather is wonderful. Enjoy the roof. J loves the skin too, I can''t stand it. Works out well for us.

I didn''t workout today, got home from school later than usual and got caught up in a book. Will still get my 4 workouts in this week, but not tomorrow as it''s a 3 job day.

We''re having some sort of Mexican stew for dinner w/ corn. yum.

Have a good one!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......Late as usual. I called and made an appointment with the chiropractor first thing for 5 PM this afternoon. He didn''t agree with the orthopaedist (and neither do I). He believes I have what I thought I have, which is piriformus syndrome. It''s a pinched nerve for sure and based on my symptoms, I''ve let it go a bit too long. I don''t really feel anything tonight, but he feels he can get me pain free over time. I''m going back Friday afternoon, then likely twice a week for a while. Tomorrow''s a gym night. I refuse to let this blasted leg get in the way of working out. One thing that was interesting was that I was not using the elliptical because I thought it would be better if I used the bike and my chiro doesn''t want me using the bike at all. Turns out I''m sitting on the area that is causing the pinched nerve on the bile. So, I''ll go back to the elliptical, which is probably better anyway, as the bike just wasn''t much of a challenge. Go figure.........That''s about it from my side.

Kimberly, I''m sure you''ll lose the little bit of weight from your staycation quickly. Don''t owrk too hard........

Thanks Marcy. Protein really does help curb hunger. I''m surprised JA hasn''t been too responsive. I hope you find the stone you''re looking for. I hope you get some more sleep. I''m not a great sleeper as you know. I''m sure my leg is partly due to stress and lack of sleep.

Thanks bee*! I hope the studying is going well. I''m you''re ready to be finished!!

Sounds like you had a great session with your trainer babysteps!! Thanks for the good wishes on my leg pain. This too shall pass (I HOPE!).

Hi Addy. Sometimes there are lot''s of posts and it can be hard to keep up with everyone. It is so great to see so many people on the HLT. If you can''t say hey to everyone each time, it''s just fine! I wish I knew what I did to hurt my leg. But, from what I''ve read, this condition is not usually episodic, so I have no clue what caused this. I just want it to go away.

Hey DeeJay.........

I''m glad the meeting went well with the recruiter Lisa. Lot''s of people these days are taking jobs they may be overqualified for. I hope you get the job if you want it.......Chiropractors do amazing things in my opinion, so if your wrist isn''t better soon, I''d give one a try.

OK, enough for now. Have a good Thursday everyone........

Tacori, your body will become more flexible if you stick with Pilates. You''ll be surprised that you can do things quickly that you couldn''t do before........Thanks on my leg!

Thank you dear Skippy! It won''t be a quick fix, but I''m sure chiropractic will ultimately help me. You''re doing great on the workout front!!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ran this morning - 1.5 miles, and then walked about 0.5 miles!

I really need to get up early to work-out. I have to get up at 6:30am to be to work on time, and I get home at about 6:30pm. By the time I get home I need to start working on dinner and chores. I can run later in the evening but then I don''t sleep at night. I can''t figure how else to oraganise my schedule.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning everyone. Work was really busy last night and then I went to my best friends house for a while as he wanted me to hand deliver his invite! Today I''m just studying and then I''m going to the gym this evening with my sister. D''s off fishing for the day so I''m tempted to have cereal for my dinner later as I love doing that when he''s away.

babysteps-I have another 9 days of exams and then I''m done. Well done for getting that amount of exercise in!

Dee*Jay-the food you bought sounds so tasty! Well done on avoiding those bad aisles of the store!

lliang-that''s great that your interview went well. Yeah my exams are yuck this year-it''s our hardest year but once I get through it I''ve only two years left.

Tacori-would you recommend pilates-I''m always tempted to try it.

Skippy-Amber says hi back to Trevor as well. She''s really doing great-I love my mups! Intervals sound brilliant!

Kimberly-D''s on his way now!
9.gif
One way ticket
3.gif
3.gif
His excuse for not cooking is that he only knows how to cook from jars and that I prefer to have homemade things. He''s just lazy.He does all the cleaning though so I guess I can''t complain! What''s mexican stew? It sounds really good.

Marcy-those sandwiches sound delicious! When you guys make tacos do you just put lots of veg in the taco shells? I never do tacos and they sound really good. Sorry to hear that the diamond was definitely sold. I hope that they find an alternative soon.

Rod-I hope that you got on well at your appointment! Hoping you''ll be pain free in no time!

Addy-well done on getting up early and working out!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I actually cheated my own scale ban and hopped on this morning. I was please to see my weight is down.

Marcy, so glad you slept! I haven''t seen the new Kindle but I don''t think I''d enjoy reading that way. I like the feel of the book, turning pages, being able to write in a book if I have a thought, or need to look up a definition. I''d miss that if I read electronically. My comp goes down when I read from a computer as well. Do you use a Kindle? And do you like it?

Rod, the staycatation weight is gone, it''s the 5 pounds from my long time off the exercise wagon that are killing me. So sorry about the nerve and all the frustration it''s causing!

Bee, I do the clean up, which J hates. I''ll have D''s room ready and J will have cooking lessons prepared.

Have a great day all.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Bee I forgot to answer your question about Mexican Stew. It''s broth based, chicken, tomatoes, corn, onion, garlic, lemon juice...I think that''s it. And we topped it w/ avacados. It was really good.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!
35.gif

Had to get up at 6:30 (Well, OK, maybe I hit the 5 min snooze button a time or three!) to work out because I had to be at my office by 9:00. Quasi hard hour on the elliptical, but that was it. Will do my 100 bridges at home some time today when I have 10 seconds to breath...

A ton of things to get done today so this is a quick flyby. Hello everyone!!!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Hi all! Had my weigh-in at WW last night - lost 5 lbs this week, and so I''ve lost 4 total so far since I''ve started (adding in my weight gain last week). Yay!

I am kinda addicted to my new scale, and I know that needs to stop or I''ll go batty. I just find it fascinating how much weight fluxuates over the course of a day/week. I feel like this knowlege is both good and bad - I''m not stressing as much about that 3 lb weight gain last week, but now I''m kinda questioning the validity of my 5 lb loss! So, what I''m beginning to see is that I need to just stop driving myself crazy when it comes to the scale numbers and just concentrate on working hard. Yes, I''m a little bit of a slow learner. ;-)

Yesterday DH and I took it easy with the paint scraping - just did a door frame. Tomorrow I don''t go into work and he doesn''t go in until 2, so I think we''re going to wake up early and just see how much we can get done. My friend comes into town later this evening, and I''m SO excited to see her. It''s going to be a big weekend - she just got engaged, so we''ll do some wedding dress shopping, we''re planning on sushi for lunch (yay!), the riverside bike ride of course, and there''s a neat arts fair this weekend that we''ll probably hit up.

Before I head to the individual stuff, I just wanted to say good luck on final exams to all the studyers! Remember that getting enough sleep and eating good food is essential to learning too :) I know you''ll do great!!

Tacori - Congrats on the weight loss!! Btw, I laughed aloud at your description of the "super fit zumba queens" - I think they exist everywhere. Glad to hear Tessa is liking her new peer group! I can''t believe she''s 18 mo - I feel like I read your delivery story just a few months ago.

Abby - Haha, no it DOESN''T get easier trying to follow everyone! And the more I put it off because I feel like I don''t have time to respond to everyone, the longer the thread gets ;-)

Skippy - That''s awesome that the race benefits the schools! Thanks for the tip re: popcorn :) I am SO not ready for hot weather - 91, WOW! The 60-70 that we''ve been having seems too warm for May, IMO! How''s the turtle doing? I finally found that thread - I''d missed it earlier and was really confused!

White Orchid - AWESOME about your dress!!

SS - Thanks for the dust, I did need it. I was feeling pretty down the last couple of days. Hope JT (and you!) are feeling better.

Bee- This is kinda random, but a couple weeks ago, when you posted about your weightloss in stones, I was really confused until I googled "What a stone equals" haha. Anyway, when I opened up my scale, I saw on the bottom that I can measure my weight in stones, and I thought of you! Hope everything is going great!!

Lliang - Ugh, I hope you feel ALL better soon! Keep up the amazing attitude - I know how hard it is when it seems nothing is going right. Things will get better! And thank you for the ecouragement :)

Rod - Be careful working out on that leg! I hope it''s feeling better soon and that the chiropractor can help.

Kimberly - Hope the 3 job day went well! Dinner sounded great!

Marcy - What you said is absolutely right: all that matters is that you continue to try!! You''re working hard and you will see results. Dust for the EC search!

Babysteps - Wow, great job on your workout!!!

Dee*Jay - Have a great day!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy, I think it is important to give your body a rest. Dinner sounds fun!

Addy, I am like you as soon as I have salt I want sweet. As soon as I have sweet I want salt.
20.gif

Kimberly, we all need breaks sometimes. I think that is ok. I am SO jealous your DH cooks. Lucky! Hope you have more time soon. Yay for losing some weight!!!

marcy, I am a REALLY light sleeper too. I hate it. Last night was really bad plus I was up at 4:30 with T. I forced her to go back to bed at 7 and when I woke up at 9 I felt like I had a hang-over
14.gif
I told DH I NEED to sleep in tomorrow. Hope you find a diamond soon.

Rod, I do need to be more flexible. I know it is healthier. I felt pretty pathetic with my lack of ability but boy am I sore today!

bee, I only took one class but my abs are killing me today (in a good way). I really think that mixed with cardio could get me back in shape. It is harder than it looks. Good luck with your exams.

Dee*jay, hope you get everything done.

El, wow that is awesome! 5 lbs is HUGE (to me). Paint scraping is hard work. I''ve done it before. There are lots of Zumba queens. Some of these ladies get SO into it with HUGE movements and seduce themselves in the mirror
20.gif
That will NEVER be me. I can''t believe I have a year and a half year old either. Where does the time go?

So I have my cardio dance class tonight but T is FUSSY. Between the massive teething and the shots she got yesterday I hope she holds it together for child watch. If I go that means I will have taken a class everyday (so far) this week which makes me happy. I have a feeling I am going to take the weekend off since they don''t have child watch and it is hard to know when DH will be home. I think Pilates will be a good addition. I am bad but know I will improve. I am super sore today. Mostly my abs and back.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Evening everyone. I''m a bit annoyed as I didn''t get as much study done as I hoped today so I don''t have time to go to the gym. Have so much to do for tomorrow. I''m just so distracted today.

Well done on the weight loss Kimberly. I''ll tell D his bed is ready! That stew sounds delicious!

El-Woohoo on the 5 lbs down! lol about the stones!! Are you in Kg? The scales in work (which we use to weigh the dogs
3.gif
) is in Kg and I hop on that all the time and have to convert it. At least I look lighter in Kg!

Dee*Jay-I don''t know how you get up so early to work out. I''m not a morning person at all!

Tacori-I hope that you make it to the class tonight and that Tessa is feeling a bit better. Cardio and Pilates sounds like a great mixture!

Talk to you all tomorrow-better get back and try to study!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Bee - nope, lbs. I''m thinking that Americans REALLY have it wrong when it comes to measurement (though I''ve been thinking that ever since 2nd grade when they explained meters vs. yards to us).

Tacori - I hope Tessa can make it to child watch - and that is AWESOME that you''ve been to class every day this week!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi friends, today is suppose to be in the low 90's again; boy is it warm!!! I met my sister for lunch today and we split a cubano (those sandwiches are lethal but I am hoping it isn't too bad since we split one). hehe Then I went to the chiropractor; Sat I slammed my hand in the sliding door and then some how my shoulder got misaligned in Intervals so my chiro fixed me right up. My chiro was an x-Marine so he wanted to know all about my Interval/Sports Challenge class; he was telling me all the things he use to which fun to hear about.

Well tonight is bootcamp/sports challenge what ever the name is now (sprints/jump rope, push ups, planks, walking luges w/weights, squats, maybe bosu, etc). I started some dough to make homemade whole wheat pizza tonight and I have a fresh basil plant growing so I can use some of the leaves for the pizza, yum.
3.gif
Hope everyone is having a fab-u-lous day!!!

TACORI, yay for pilates, I how many people who have found it/yoga/or weights changed their body in a good way. I feel that way about muscle hour for me; I notice my arms are getting a little toned so I bte you will get uber toned! I also have been reading muscle speeds up the metabolism and that cardio is good but some resistance training pushes you to the next level so kudos. Hope T feels better soon, poor little one.

KIMI, WOOOOO HOOOO for losing all the weight
36.gif
Yum to Mexican stew!

MARCY, glad you slept and had a great lunch yesterday! I love fresh tomatoes; they are like candy. mmmm mmm good! lol, sometimes tone is hard to understand in emails. too funny. Yay for going for a Skippy; that made me laugh!!! Great job! I found the turtle hole/home today; he had a red face from eating tomatoes. hehe

ROD, I hope the chiro fixes you up or at least gives you some relief soon; mine wants to see me back next week. Gosh, your leg has been hurting you for a long time now; you poor sweetie pie. I bet you will be glad to hop back on the elliptical and make that machine smoke again. hehe

ADDY, wooo hooo for 1.5 mi run; I think tomorrow morning I will try running since it has been so hot during the day. My bil keeps hounding me to run more than just that time the other day but we do sprints in my sports challenge class, that should count. hehe Great job, you are awesome!

BEE, yay you are almost to 10k; I saw a thread in hangout for you. Intervals is great; I have a love hate relationship with the class. I love how it makes me sweat and lift weights and use my body strength for planks and pushes my cardio endurance but at the same time I hate how exhausted I am while it is going on; thanks! You are doing awesome you skinny lady you!!! Best wishes on your tests!

DEEJAY, awesome on your 6:30
23.gif
workout; I need to start waking up early!!!

ELMORTON, wooo hooo woman, congrats on the 5 lb loss
36.gif
36.gif
I bet you feel fantastic!!! That is awesome! Thanks about the turtle; he is a cutie. I found his hole/home and his little face was red from eating tomatoes and carrots. hehe thanks for asking.
Wow, sounds like your house is going to look even more beeeeautiful w/all your hard work! Yay for seeing a friend and a nice bike ride!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah, I should have known you guys were in lbs as I remember Miranda getting weighed in SATC!

Thanks Skippy! I know what you''re saying about hating the class and loving it at the same time. I found the same thing in the tone class that I did last week. I wish I was a bit skinnier still-well, a lot! I want to lose about another 30lbs. Is it your weigh in night soon? You''re so close to your goal weight!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 5:03:24 PM
Author: bee*
Ah, I should have known you guys were in lbs as I remember Miranda getting weighed in SATC!

Thanks Skippy! I know what you''re saying about hating the class and loving it at the same time. I found the same thing in the tone class that I did last week. I wish I was a bit skinnier still-well, a lot! I want to lose about another 30lbs. Is it your weigh in night soon? You''re so close to your goal weight!!
Oh I almost forgot Miranda did weight watchers in SATC; I miss that show. My weigh in is on Sat; I am getting close. I was bad for a couple of months and just maintaining but now I buckled down because I am getting pretty close 7 lbs, yay, and thanks! Oh you are doing awesome!!! That picture of your with sweet Amber is great, look at you; tiny!!! Your tone class sounds great; those classes really push a person to the next level so kudos Miss Bee
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results