shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 31st August till 6th September

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi everyone
35.gif

Just a quick hello and enjoy the weekend!

We''ve had a great streak of weather this week 70-80''s and blue skies.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hello, all. Sorry I''ve been MIA. We''re crazy again!

I just dropped off JT at his first day of preschool. There is a viewing room that I went in for a few minutes and I was pleased to see that when a couple other kids began melting down, JT didn''t. He did offer to share his blocks with them, though, and made assorted truck and tractor sounds for the boy.

Preschool is only one day a week but I think if I plan well, I should be able to get in a nice workout during those hours. Usually I struggle to come up with 30 minutes that are uninterrupted, so if I can get 1.5 - 2 hours on Fridays, I''ll be very happy. I think I''ll start with a quick walk and then do my yoga and try to increase my push-ups, sit-ups rounds. I hope I''ll be able to increase my endurance.

I made some delicious veggies yesterday at my mom''s house. I love being able to go grab stuff from the garden and whip up a meal. I was never a big fan of veggies until my mom started the garden. Fresh veggies are delicious--canned or frozen, not so much.

I still haven''t made my chili, but today is the day!

Have a great weekend, all!!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!
35.gif

I''m getting ready to leave for the lake for a long weekend with my adorable hubby, great friends, and my sweet poochie. What more could a person want? I wanted to stop by to wish everone a wonderful weekend. Be safe!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
lisa- your run sounds great, and I bet your doggy love it too!!

skippy- way to go you rock! I hoped you would enjoy the rain!

marcy- your eats sound terrific. What a nice time to spend with marty before he heads overseas again. I think walking with your mom is a terrific idea! You are right, pouty face has a lot of rewards! 3 yrs! That is phenomenal!

Rod- enjoy your weekend. I''m really excited for you and charlie. It must have been difficult for him to see you in pain, knowing there wasn''t anything he could do to make you feel better. This is just terrific!

mod bril - enjoy your weekend too!

Hello! Happy weekend all! I''m excited, I''ll get some runs in, and I''m just excited about the weekend overall. I''m down a pound! WHOO HOO! I''ve come to the decision that a 1/2 pound weight loss a week would be PHENOMENAL... and I''ll accept what I can get. I''ve had limited weight fluctuations this week, so I''m pretty sure my weight is down a pound. I''m doing flips I''m so excited.

"You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She''s 97 today and we don''t know where the hell she is." Ellen Degeneres

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey all, sorry I''m not keeping up as well!

I haven''t gotten much exercise in besides unpacking, and some squats. I''m planning to do some big workouts this weekend and hopefully can settle into a groove over the next week. I have 2 months till my 5k so I have to be ready!

Skippy - don''t forget to tell me bout the trip when it happens, I love pizza too

Rod - I''m glad to hear you are making such great progress!

DeeGee - I love my elastic bands, and crunches on the ball are much more effective with me than on the ground! I hope you love them!

Marcy - you sound busy busy! and I found a painting my great aunt did last night, it''s going up in the kitchen.

Tlh - I''m sending you a rain dance

lliang - SO is loving cleaning and putting things away hehe, but yes he can learn to love that bathroom... or even both
27.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........It was a decent day. We only worked a half day. Instead of having lunch in the cafe in my building, which I usually do, I had breakfast for the first time since I''ve worked there. They only serve breakfast till 11 AM, so I didn''t know what I''ve been missing. I had an egg, chesse and ham sandwich on crusty cuban bread that was grilled. It was so yummy. But I had it at 10:00 AM, and it was my allotment of calories (and likely then some) for lunch, so I didn''t have anything more to eat until dinner time. I woofed down sushi tonight that''s for sure!! We''re going to ahve a regular Saturday tomorrow. Charlie''s off, so we''ll go to the gym in the afternoon. There was some tingling in my leg today, but no pain. I can handle some tingling (it sometimes feels like my foot and ankle went to sleep) only when I stand for any length of time.

Thanks Marcy......It''s been a long dark journey and it''s so nice to have the pain finally going away. I never would have believed I could be in extreme pain for nearly 8 solid months.

Hey Jeff!! I hope all is good with you. Please send some of that cooler weather to us in Tampa, OK?? The heat won''t break here until the 3rd week of October.
How great that JT did so well in preschool and I agree with you, fresh veggies are great!! Homegrown ones even better........

Have a great weekend at the lake degree........

Thank you tlh.......it is nice to on the path to being myself again. Charlie did hate to see me in pain and it was hard for me to be in a good mood, which was difficult for us both. I hope you have great runs this weekend and WOO HOO for being down a pound. I agree with you 1/2 - 1 lb. a week loss is an ideal goal. People who are trying to lose weight all too often try to lose too much too soon, which isn''t sustainable or healthy.

dragon, I''m sure it''s been difficult finding time to workout while you''re unpacking. So enjoy your workouts this weekend, but do take some time to enjoy being off and unpacked too!

OK......have a great Saturday everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Happy Long Weekend!Woo hoo!I ran errands pretty much all day so I think that counts for my walking today.I am waiting to hear from Marty; he is playing 2 rounds of golf today in a city about 75 minute away.I am really hungry so I hope he calls soon.Ugh.

I bought some new bling today.As you may remember I have been wanting a WG PC RHR now since I have the WF PC earrings.I didn’t want to spend a whole lot of money on one and wasn’t really going to buy one for a few weeks yet but found a great deal today so I bought it.I won’t get it back until the 24th as it needs sized.It’s a WG bypass ring with a thick band and has 5 PC diamonds channel set between the band.It’s ½ ctw.The diamonds are nice and sparkly and the ring is so different that is why I liked it.The center of the 5 diamonds has some warmth in it but it didn’t break the bank and that is what I was looking for.Generally I like to wear gemstones on the RH but sometimes I like just wearing diamonds.

My other shopping adventures included getting a new photo / scanner printer and got some photo paper.I bought some clothes on sale and picked up a ring I had sized.I also bought groceries for the weekend.I am making homemade mac and cheese tomorrow so that will give me some leftovers for lunch next week.

Jeff, it’s always good to hear from you.Glad you are enjoying some nice weather.

Somethingshiny, rats for being crazy again.It sounds like JT did great at school and how sweet he was trying to help out other kids who were upset.The veggies out of your mom’s garden sound great.

Deegee, I hope you have a marvelous time on your outing this weekend.

Tlh, I think my mom will enjoy having someone to walk with.Congratulations on losing a another pound.

36.gif
That is awesome.

Dragonfly, I am sure once you get unpacked you will find a routine.How nice to hang up a painting that you aunt made.

Rod, your breakfast sounds great.I made homemade biscuits for us this morning but I hoped to have eaten late lunch / early supper much earlier than now.I am delighted to hear you are relishing being pain free especially after 8 months of it.It doesn’t seem like it has been that long but I am sure to you it has seemed much longer.

I am going to go eat some raw veggies.I am STARVING.

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......look''s like it''s the Marcy and Rod show again this weekend! We had a very nice day today. It was just a smidge cooler this morning, so breakfast on the terrace was a bit nicer. Then we had a small lunch before hitting the gym. It was a very nice workout. I wasn''t supposed to do the elliptical today, but I wanted to, so I did. I was only on it for 10 minutes, but this time I did 10 minutes like I used to, meaning I pushed myself into pretty high RPM range and it felt good. WOO HOO. I''ll add time a little each time over the next few weeks, which is what my PT said I could do. We had dinner at our little diner and I just had a salad and soup as we had decided to go see a movie tonight and I can''t do a movie without popcorn. We sae 500 Days of Summer. It''s really really really good. We both liked it a lot and if you haven''t seen it, I highly recommend it. Warning though.......if you''re looking for a love story with a happy ending, this isn''t that movie, but it very good and does have a "hopeful" ending. Tomorrow will be a lazy day for me and work one for Charlie. But, he only had to work 5 hours and he will be home for dinner. And he''s off Monday, so we have the holiday together, which will likely include another gym session.

The ring sounds really nice Marcy. You''ll have to post a pic when you get it. Yummm to homemade biscuits. We used to make chipped beef gravy (which is really simple to make, and servie it on biscuits. But, chipped beef gravy is definitely not low cal, so we haven''t fixed that in over 3 years. On the pain front it really has been 8 months, which to me has seemed even longer, so much longer...........

Hope everyone had a nice Saturday.........

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Well I am now a married lady and desperate to conceive a child so I shall be making a concerted effort to get on track with my weight loss.

I have nothing to hold me back now. I am married, I want to have a family and the only chance I stand is if I drop some serious weight.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.

35.gif
Short night – I stayed up till after midnight and Marty got up at 6:30.
14.gif
Sadly if he’s awake, I’m awake.I made pancakes for breakfast and made him some bacon.I am making mini meatloaves and homemade mac n cheese for lunch.I bought light sour cream and low fat cheese and cottage cheese for it so it shouldn’t be too bad.

Marty is out working on his truck.He installed new speakers and decided to clean it as well.

Rod, we are going to have to come up with a theme song for our show.How exciting to get some time on the elliptical at the gym.We always have some popcorn when we go to the show as well.Marty wants to go see the new Brad Pitt movie maybe we can get that in today.I will post a picture of my ring when it comes back from being sized.As kids we used to have the chipped beef with gravy on toast for supper; it was a fast, easy and cheap super.Eight months is a long time but at least it seems to be coming to an end.Woo hoo!

36.gif

Merry, it’s good to see you here again.Congratulations on your recent marriage.

Have a great Sunday.I am off to start brewing up lunch.

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey..........Marcy, I''ll have to think of a theme song for our weekend show, which now includes Merry!!

I had a pretty nice day. I love love love sleeping late. It''s such a treat. I''ve never been a morning person and I think having to get up before the sun does is simply a punishment for something, but I have no clue what. A WOO HOO for being able to sleep in again tomorrow morning. I''ll only sleep till just past 9 AM, but to me, that''s a treat! It was a nice morning again. Warm, but not hot. Charlie had to be at work at noon, and I just kind of lounged the day away. Other than a visit to the grocery store to get something to fix for dinner and Starbucks, I didn''t do much of anything else. Dinner was good. Steamed shrimp and baked salmon for Charlie and a grilled steak for me. Tomorrow we''ll go to the gym and I hope to get on the elliptical again. If possible, for even longer, but I won''t push it beyond 15 minutes even if I''m feeling fine.

Marcy, if you all see the Brad Pitt movie, please let me know what you thought. I''m not sure Tarantino movies are for us. We weren''t big fans of Pulp Fiction, so I''d be interested to hear if you liked it. Pancakes and bacon......Yummmmm, but up at 6:30 on a weekend. What on earth is Marty thinking?? Lunch sounded good too!

Hey Merry........Congratulations on your marriage and your desire to have a family. Nothing like a goal to get you on the track you want. You know we''re here to cheer you on!!

OK, it''s time for True Blood, then my stretches.........I hope everyone has a nice Labor Day tomorrow.........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The best part about it being Sunday evening today is we don’t have to go to work tomorrow.Woo hoo!

My knee was better for a few days but setting at the movie flared it up again.I must bend it further in the car or when setting somewhere.Grr.I took 2 Advil when we got home but it’s going “Yo Marcy” right now.

Rod, we did like the movie.It was a bit bloody in parts but that is kind of expected in a Tarantino movie.It was funny in spots too.It was more like Kill Bill than Pulp Fiction.We also enjoyed some popcorn and a few M&M’s at the movie.Good luck on the elliptical tomorrow.

See you in next week’s thread.

Marcy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results