shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 31st August till 6th September

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all!

Fall is just around the corner, can't believe how fast this year has gone, won't be long now until we are all using our Holiday avatars....
11.gif

I was reading an article today which mentioned allowing yourself an occasional treat and making sure to work it into your calories. I find this so helpful as if I am told I can't have something, of course I crave it! Much of the time I make a choice to stay away from high calorie foods and I have found this easier in really thinking it through and concentrating on what I am eating, rarely do I find something was so wonderful that it was worth the huge calorie splurge if I really overdo it. So a small amount of something high calorie every week or two works well for me and of course making sure I don't get too hungry is critical. Of course as all of us are a work in progress it is a case of balance, personally I know when I am going wrong and not eating well so I have to make an effort to get back on track and maybe allow myself less in the way of higher calorie foods until things adjust back the way I want, it normally doesn't take long, maybe 3 or 4 weeks if I have unwittingly overdone it with the cals that I can get myself back to ' normal' just by being a more observant and eating more carefully.

As we always say, slow and steady wins the race along with patience, practice and persistance! Paying attention to feelings of hunger, emotions and various triggers which make you want high calorie foods is well worth doing, we can learn from this how to avoid a difficult situation next time.

Have a great week
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great opener, Lorelei. If I didn''t have a treat now and then I would way over eat when I decided to eating some high calorie food.

Have a great day everyone.
35.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei - That is so true! If any food was forbidden, I''d probably be okay for a week, maybe a month, and then I''d go crazy on it... even if it was something like brussel sprouts... or maybe not.

marcy- Sorry about your ring sizing fiasco, and that you didn''t get to try on any PC rings! What a bummer! RIGHT KNEE DUST*** I hope those Superfeet inserts continue to work to alieviate your pain!!

Shiny- I loved the story of your 3 year old being called "deer" It is soo cute!!!! I hope everyone at the creek got home safely adn that you had a nice time, and that your foot has healed up w/o any scabby remnants!

Lisa- I visited STL. Left 113* and arrived it was 48*. BRR! I hope you enjoyed yoga and I''m glad you and your hubs were able to do such a great job cleaining the house! I hope you had fun registering for stuff!!!

Rod- that is an interesting observation about the pain being on your face. I guess maybe you were in such pain you might have been grimacing. How horrible that pain must have been for it to be such a fixture on your visage. Dinner w/ sushi and steamed crabs and steak sound YUM YUM YUMMY!

Skippy- your tram to pointe dinner sounded amazing! What a romantic setting.

Everyone Happy monday! Thanks for your kind words and well wishes. My husband''s face is really healing up nicely. His brusing is that attractive highlighter yellow color. But some of the scabs came off and we''re applying mederma. I don''t think there should be any scarring, thank goodness! His shoulder and neck still hurt, but that is to be expected right now. The party was awesome!!! My niece was very timid about the cake. She didn''t seem to like the texture of it. She was far more interested in lightly touching the cake, than to really make a mess with it. Then after she had a few licks of icing... she seemed to get the most intense sugar buzz...and she looked drunk... about 15 minutes after that she was ready for naptime. It was adorable, and I was glad I made it out. I even got a nice hilly run in! The best part was even though it was 90% humidity and 70* out... because the elevation is so much lower (by about 1,000 feet) it was a lot easier to breathe... even with the humid weather. It is crazy. I guess I see why people train at high altitudes on purpose!
9.gif

"How beautiful the leaves grow old. How full of light and color are their last days." John Burroughs

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Good day all!

Great opening post Lorelei and right on! I try to let myself have a treat when I feel like I want one, be it pizza (last night) ice cream (rarely but I do want it now and again) or a hamburger with fries (sometimes). It''s better to give that treat than to live your life denying yourself things you want. Always practice moderation though just to stay healthy with it. Also here are some interesting things in addition:
1) an occasional treat does not ruin your diet, or knock you off schedule unless you allow it to be another and another and another. If you keep that in mind with the attitude of "what''s it going to hurt, I''ll get a good start again tomorrow" then you won''t gain 5lbs from one treat
2) Research has shown that the occasional treat can also kick your metabolism into high gear for a bit, b/c it reacts by trying to burn it (this is again just theory not proven but I like to think it might be so)

Didn''t get much formal workout in this weekend as we were moving. That in itself was a workout though with all the walking, climbing stairs and lifting lol. I''m planning to do some strength tonight and some yoga to wind down.

How were your weekends?

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Dragonfly, what a busy weekend you had. I think yoga will help stretch and relax you after a weekend of heavy lifting!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey and Happy Monday.........It was a long day at work. Monday''s are often the worst and since I don''t sleep well on Sunday nights, one of the hardest, because I start the week off tired. Sushi tonight was good. Tomorrow will be a gym night after work. Oh, and my leg today? Pretty good. Minor pain at worst. YAY!

Great opener as usual Lorelei. When I first started Rebuild Rod and was trying to lose weight while working out and trying to build muscle, I denied myself pretty much everything. For over a year, I never had a treat. Period. I was afraid that if I had anything I shouldn''t have, it would be like opening the flood gates and I''d instantly gain every pound I had lost. It took me a long long time to permit reats aback into my life. I''ve learned it''s important to have treats. People often do what''s called yo-yo dieting. They''re really really strict. They lose lost''s of weight, then they return to their old food ways and gain it all back, often very quickly. It''s not healthy, that''s for sure. So, while we learn to eat differently and change our eating habits for the rest of our lives, we need to permit a few treats along the way........

Me too Marcy!!

tlh, my boss also commented the pain was plainly obvious in my face. I''m glad hubbie''s face is healing well and it''s great there won''t likely be any scars. How cute about your niece and the birthday cake!

dragon, a move is as you say a workout in itself. I imagine your 2nd point is likely true. Giving our metabolisms an extra boost every now and then could kick things up a notch!

I hope everyone had a nice Monday and the week is off to a good start.........

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Salutations!!!
35.gif
Hope everyone is well as I am.

Have been exercisng at my normal pace--biking and running everyday and walking with DH in the warm evenings. Back to the pool to do the lazy river run now that Sept schedules back to "normal" hours. Looking forward to it.

cheers--Sharon

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good evening, everyone!

Lorelei - I keep telling myself to have an indulgence every now and then, but I''m so afraid I''ll enjoy it so much that I''ll have a major backslide. It''s this dang goal that''s driving me crazy. I''m almost there...almost there...

Rod - yes, you can definitely tell pain on someone''s face. Even if they aren''t grimacing, there''s a look. You can also tell the discomfort as they squirm when they sit or stand for too long. I had a spinal injury in a car accident 11 years ago, and I know the look well. I try to hide it on days that everything in my body is screaming, but those who know me well can always tell. I hope you have more quiet days. You sure do appreciate them, don''t you? A coworker gave me a poem a few years ago about how you wouldn''t appreciate the sun if it never rained. I guess that''s true, but I wouldn''t complain a bit if all of a sudden I was pain free!

Skippy - the tram ride and dinner over the city sounds really fun! Hubby and I once did something similar, although the tram went down the mountainside and the restaurant was a lodge by a beautiful creek. We have said for years that we want to go back, but we never get around to it. You can do that for only a limited number of months because the tram shuts down when the snow starts falling in November.

Lisa - I wish we could get our lazy selves going on the house cleaning front. We have someone that comes in every 2 weeks, but she doesn''t go in my bedroom or bathroom. I''d be tooooo embarrassed! She pretty much does only the basic things, and we need a good deep cleaning. We''re lazy. So, if I''m going to Orlando the 2nd week in November, what kind of clothes do I need to take?

tlh - seriously...the scale was wrong. I''m 100% confident that the scale was wrong. I''m glad you had a good visit! You have to make special trips to do things with family, I think. I miss my family so much, and they''re only 1 1/2 hours away. I''m a wuss. I have relatives in STL, and the last time I was there it was the middle of summer and I couldn''t breathe! But that was right in the city and on an extremely hot day (and I''m spoiled to this fresh mountain air). I''m really glad your hubby is doing better, bless his heart! Hopefully the soreness will go away soon and he can feel normal again.

dragonfly - I treat myself to icecream several times a week, but it''s the fat-free, low sugar kind. I need to make it a real treat and have some of the good stuff! I hope you get everything situated soon with your move.

Hi shiny! Enjoy your hikes!! I live in the perfect place for hiking, but I have balance issues and don''t trust myself.

marcy - I did that once with my contact lense at work. Dummy me, I never have my glasses with me. I went around with a swollen, watery, half-blind eye all day long. You''d think I would learn, but my glasses still never make it to work with me. Thankfully I carpool with hubby and don''t have to worry about driving home! I can do Olive Garden food, but only the linguine with marinara sauce. Heavy food really gives me heartburn anymore, which is a good thing I guess. I really miss that delicious carrot cake at the local home cooking restaurant. It tasted so greasy the last time I got it, I couldn''t enjoy it. It used to be my absolute favorite thing to get anywhere!

I hope everyone had a good Monday! My laptop died and I stole my hubby''s while he''s playing his playstation3. That thing has been a piece of junk the entire time I''ve had it. He has worked on it a couple of times and can''t even get it to start in safe mode to get my files off of it. I don''t have anything hugely important, but I do have some things I''d rather not lose. I had planned to have my ering reset for my 15th anniversary and had an idea folder with lots of pictures. Ugh! My ering is so big now that I can''t stand to wear it. It fell off today when I threw something in the trash can! Not good at all. I had a long day at work today, got stuck in traffic on the way home, and I''m exhausted! I''m going to take poochie for her walk and get to bed. Have a happy Tuesday everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi.What a long day.I am not back in to the swing of teaching till 9 pm on Mondays just yet.Ugh.I stood on cement floors for about 3 ½ hours tonight so I am very achy.My knee is pretty bad (not as bad as last week) and my feet are pretty achy.I will see how my arch inserts helped me in the morning.

Got home about 9:20 and found dishes waiting for me plus I had to make our lunch for tomorrow.Rats.Oh well, I did them, cleaned the jewels and graded papers.Now I am checking in then heading off to bed.Food was good today.Cheerios, fruit, wheat wrap sandwich for lunch with sun chips, grilled cheese and baked lays for supper and a WW chocolate bar for dessert.

Tlh, thanks for the right knee dust.I will have a good idea of the inserts come morning.Right now my right foot is a little achy so time will tell.Glad to hear your husband is getting better all the time.I am sure your niece was adorable.

Dragonfly, great points about treats and how it can help kick up your metabolism.Moving certainly counts as a workout.

Rod, I am joining you in the Monday’s are the worst club.I didn’t sleep enough last night either.That is great your leg did pretty well today.That is the way I approached my diet when I started too; I feared if I had a treat at all I would eat it all and never start again.

Sharon, glad to hear you are enjoying the nice weather.

Deegee, yay for being almost there.Sorry to hear about your spinal injury; it does take a toll.I found a few people at work today who have done that with contacts; I guess there is peroxide in most of them and that would explain the pain.I have old glasses at work but can’t see that well with them.I think I will stick with spaghetti and marina sauce on future OG visits; it sets well with me too.Rats for your laptop being on the fritz.Scary to have your ering fall off; how fun to be working on a reset though.

Take care.

I am off to get ready for bed.

Marcy

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Rod- gr8 news that you''re only in minor pain! That is fantastic news! I''m so glad that you are being set free from the pain in your body. That is just awesome. have a terrific workout, and excellent pt session!

sharon - yuor workouts sound fab, glad you''re back in your routine!

deegee- Sorry about your laptop, that is a bummer! THOSE IDEAS ARE GOLD! It is funny how important those are... I actually store my most important documents and things on a couple zip drives I can bring with me. Hopefully you can get that info to a safe place, and what a cool project for your 15th ann!!!
36.gif

Marcy- Sorry that you are so achey. ***DUST*** that the inserts will work, and relieve your feet/knee pain. Though have you considered getting one of those "cashier" mats? They are really cushiony to help with the shock absorbtion of standing on such a hard surface. Your eats sound scrumptious! Provide you with plenty of energy to sustain you through these long days again. THough, now I''m like mega craving a grilled cheese... I''ll put that on my grocery list.

Everyone Happy Tuesday!!!
35.gif
Monsoon is finally here thanks to Hurricane Jimena (sp). I got to watch a beautiful light show last night, and listen to the soft rain on the window, lulling me to sleep. FAB! So this morning, I got up, and it was cooler (though a lot more humid) and went for a run. The hubs even went out for a very light jog. His body''s general aches and pains are gone, and now it is just the shoulder/neck that hurts. He can''t swim right now, but isn''t limited to much else. We even took the poochies on a very brief walk. I can''t wait for the weather to get out of the 100s so that I can take them on longer walks. They could really use the extra exercise. Eats are good. Last night I made a ground turkey pasta w/ fresh grated parm cheese. YUM!

"Hope is the dream of the waking man." French Proverb

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Weeeellll, I dunno about that muscle memory that MIss Lorelei was talking of last week, b/c I ws in the pool today for the first time since the endo of June and I was huffing and puffing? WHO was that distressed looking girl running against the current??
6.gif
Managd to do that for 45 minutes then joined the shallow water program for another 1/2 hour. All in all a good workout.

The weather has been devine!

Hope all are well!!!
35.gif

cheers--Sharon

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello everyone. Well, I have some good news and bad news. I finally reached my goal
36.gif
but realized I am not happy at this weight
20.gif
Somehow this weight looked better on me pre-baby so I guess I would still like to lose a few more pounds. I have been slacking off and only workout maybe 4 times last month. Sometimes life just gets in the way. I am home now so am back at my routine. Tonight was my first night back at my gym and I am SURE I will be feeling it tomorrow. I think tomorrow I will try a new class. Hope everyone is doing well!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Everyone........It wsa a pretty decent day. Work was productive and a couple people I''ve been working with are about to be presented offers, which is good. My leg really didn''t hurt much at all today. And my workout tonight was the best I''ve had in months. I wasn''t in pain and was able to do things I haven''t done for some time. I even did almost 10 minutes on the elliptical, which was a major achievement for me. I have physical therapy tomorrow which is why I pushed hard tonight. I wanted to add things and see if anything caused additional pain.

I''m sorry for being short, but I still need to do my stretches before going to bed, so I need to sign off for now. I hope your day was good and I''ll check in tomorrow night.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hola everyone!!!

Yesterday we did a tabatas workout with the trainer. It was created by this Japanese guy, 6 different exercises. Do 1 exercise for 4 mins total, 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off. Whew! whoever that Mr. Tabata is he''s a JERK!!! Actually only one was REALLY bad, hamstring roll ins with the swiss ball. OMG! Everything else was fun. We did: 1) squat and press 2) hamstring roll ins 3) push ups 4) dead lift rows (we called this The Robot) 5) skull crushers with dumbells 6) bicep curls.

Today didnt'' do anything work out wise. I was invited to go to U of I for a job fair and represent the women and minorities on the Tech side of my company. It was fun. I''m currently pulling a "double shift" to test a Japanese exchange. But the plus side is I get Friday off, which is great because that''s my bachelorette party. :)

TLH, funny seeing James referred to as hubby, guess I should start getting used to that. :) I''m glaad your hubby is doing better. Yay for no scarring. Your niece sounds like an absolute peach!

Lore, Hooray for treats! Yes you need to give yourself some otherwise it''s just way too hard.

Dragon, how was the move? Moving is totally a workout.

Rod, hooray for the leg progress!!! I''m so glad it''s getting better without needing to do surgery!

sharon, hooray for pool workouts again! That''s awesome. I totally know what you mean about being "out of it" after not swimming for a while. I"m the same with with swimming, running, etc.

Deegee, I''m totally lazy on the cleaning front myself, we hadn''t cleaned for like 4 wks. So we were long over due. We don''t even have a cleaner come in so we were just wallowing in mess. It wasn''t that bad, but y''know. I''m pretty sure Orlando is going to be pretty nice in Nov. Probably around 70s during the day. You might be better off asking Rod, he''s in Tampa. I''m in Chicago, I grew up in Miami which is a little further south than Orlando. Also now i''m thinking of it, Orlando doens''t have any ocean by it, but it should still be pretty pleasant in Nov. Especially early Nov. Man! You need to get your ering resized!! That''s totally not good.

Tacori, WELCOME BACK!!!! Awesome about hitting your goal!!! But that''s okay to re-evaluate and reset your goal. We''re here for you!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.I am in a better mood tonight; I had a case of the crankies yesterday and today.No real reason just because I can.

I am losing 2 of my employees at work within a few weeks.One is moving on to another department and one gave their 2 week notice.Our department has a “floater” and she is getting a divorce and just moved in to an apartment so she volunteered to work on the swing shift for 4 months while we look for someone new and get them trained.That is very nice of her; she gets about $80 more per month with shift differential so that will help her finances a bit.

My eating was good today.Our treat tonight was delightful.We each had one of the 100 calorie Klondike bar with fresh strawberries on tip and a little chocolate syrup.I’d highly recommend one!

Tlh, a cashier mat might be a good idea for me at school.The floor is cement.I should get one in my kitchen too.I am actually quite pleased at how little my feet bothered me today.My knees on the other hand demanded my attention.I make my grilled cheese on the Sara Lee 45 calorie per slice bread, a little butter and cheese.They hit the spot before class and are quick to cook.I am delighted to hear your husband continues to get better each day.I am sure he enjoyed getting out for a run.Glad it cooled off for you; I love to listen to rain as well.

Sharon, I am sure your muscles will get back in the groove in no time.It sounds like you had a great workout.

Tacori, congratulations for reaching your goal.I am glad to hear you are back at the gym.It’s good to hear from you.

Rod, glad you had a wonderful workout and your leg didn’t hurt too much.

Lisa, too funny about your trainer being a jerk.Sounds like you had quite a workout.How fun you get Friday off and it’s your bachelorette party.

Tonight I am going to bed EARLY!I hope the sun still rises tomorrow.

Laters,

35.gif

Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/1/2009 8:48:20 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Hello everyone. Well, I have some good news and bad news. I finally reached my goal
36.gif
but realized I am not happy at this weight
20.gif
Somehow this weight looked better on me pre-baby so I guess I would still like to lose a few more pounds. I have been slacking off and only workout maybe 4 times last month. Sometimes life just gets in the way. I am home now so am back at my routine. Tonight was my first night back at my gym and I am SURE I will be feeling it tomorrow. I think tomorrow I will try a new class. Hope everyone is doing well!
awesome Tacori!!!
36.gif
36.gif

my computer crashed so I will have to catch up tomorrow!!! everything is good on my end.
1.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
sharon- your water workout sounds awesome!

tacori- Hey, long time no see!!!! sorry that your magic # didn''t give you the shape you were hoping for. Hopefully trying a new class and a new routine will get you feeling good about your body and strong! That said, it is still amazing that you did hit your targeted goal weight, and it is cause for a celebration!
emotion-19.gif

Rod - hopefully you aren''t in any additional pain, but it is good to uncover what it is you did and were doing that were pain triggers so you know what to avoid in the future, and I hope your PT session goes well!

lisa- your workouts are awesome! this trainer is kickin your booty!!! Your hen night! SWEET, have fun!! You''re getting close - how exciting!!!

marcy- sorry you had the crankies, and I hope things aren''t too stressful at work w/ the personel changes. hmm,, sounds like my knee dust wasn''t strong enough *******HEALING KNEES DUST!*******

skippy- sorry your computer crashed, glad everything is on track with you. Did you ever get that WW job? I was just thinking about you, and thought you''d be the awesomest at it.

Everyone happy weds! Things are good here. Went for an extra long run this morning... just didnt'' feel like turning around. So it was nice. I rushed through my morning prep so that I could run to work, and I let my hair dry on the way into the office. (One of the perks of 90* weather so early!) Tonight I''m making an asian chicken w/ stirfry vegtables, cashews and pineapple for dinner. YUM!

“In my sex fantasy, nobody ever loves me for my mind.” Nora Ephron

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
hey all!!!
Tacori - CONGRATS and good luck getting to your NEW goal. I realized the same about my 115 goal though I really just want to be fit versus losing per say. Glad to hear you made it this far!!!!

I ran a mile yesterday but have mostly been unpacking this week. It''s a busy week so far. I''m going to try to get in some yoga tonight. I still have to bring my fitness ball over, and unpack my weights and I have no idea where my elastic bands are at the moment, but we''re getting there lol.

Lliang - Tanks for asking, the move went smoothly, and we love the new place. Our pupper is adjusting slowly but surely. I LOVE cooking in my new kitchen... love it.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......Another pretty decent day for moi. One of the expected offers came through and the candidate accepted, which is a good thing. After pushing harder at the gym last night, I woke up expecting to be in more pain, but........such was gratefully not the case. My PT tonight was intense. He pushed me pretty hard for over an hour. I''m actually a bit sore, which is good. Tomorrow''s a gym night, but I think I won''t push as hard as I did last night. Just a nice leisurly work out, if I can actually do that.......

Hey Tacori.......it''s been a while since you visited. I''m glad you hit your goal and I''m sure you''ll hit the new goal in short order. I hope all is good with you......

Lisa, the tabatas workout sounded really interesting and fun. I''m glad you had fun at the job fair! We only have to work a 1/2 day this Friday. Woo Hoo for a holiday weekend coming up!! It is nice I won''t need surgery. My PT was telling me tonight about a lady who was not in as bad shape as I was who came to him with much the same condition, only she gave up after just 2 sessions and had back surgery. Only, it made her worse and likely permanently worse, so now she''s back begging him to fix her. I''m so glad I chose to work hard with the therapist and won''t need to go under the knife!

Sorry you''re losing 2 employee''s Marcy and yes it was nice of the floater to take the swing shift to help you out. I''m glad you recovered from the crankies. We all have them from time to time! Now I won''t be able to get this out of my head........."What Would You Do For A Klondike Bar??!!! LOL

I wondered where you were dear Skippy. Sorry you had a computer crash, but I''m glad you''re OK.

Yay for an dexgtra long run tlh. My PT says I may be able to run again, which is comforting. He wouldn''t like to see me run more than say 5K, but that''s long enough for me. I used to typically just a little over 3 miles when I ran. As you can see, I wasn''t in any extra pain today. Thanks!!

Hey dragon, unpacking is a workout, so running a mile on top of that is amazing!

OK.......enough from me tonight. Have a good Thursday everyone.......

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi I went walking w/my cousin tonight. I was snacky today and ate some cookies; I usually don''t do that. I am glad we have no more cookies though!!! This weekend starting tomorrow night gets UBER busy, lots of meet ups and parties, etc. Any fun plans for the weekend??

I also had to take care of ordering a new garage door and a bunch of other things that have made me super busy lately. Hope everyone has a great week!!!

LORELEI, great opener!

TLH, glad you hubby is healing, poor guy. Wow it is humid there! Yay for monsoons, send some this way pls. hehehe

DRAGON, yummmmm to pizza, that is my favorite treat!

SHARON, greetings and salutations, woot for your awesome workouts!!!

DEEGEE, oh no, I had computer problems too but my recovered. sorry yours died, bummer. awww, I hope you can retrive the folder? huge hugs

MARCY, oh no to your knee, I hope you get better soon, hugs.

TACORI, skinny minnie, how are you? huge hugs

ROD, woooooooooooo for the leg; sounds like it is getting better each time!!!

LISA, wow, that sounds like an awesome workout!!!! YAY

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi everybody! I still have no laptop. I distract my hubby by dangling the playstation controller in front of his face and then grab his laptop. I went to Best Buy after work to play with a macbook. My friend swears by hers so I had to try it out. Hubby is buying a new plasma tv, so I think I can convince him that I deserve a macbook. Maybe as a belated 30lb present 10 pounds later at 40 pounds? That''s my angle anyway. Work has been super hectic this week and I am sooo jittery and tired. I wasn''t able to eat breakfast or lunch yesterday, missed breakfast today, and got sick after I ate lunch today. We had grilled pork chops and veggies for dinner, and that seemed to sit okay on my stomach. We''re still taking our walks everyday and we''re making much better time. I''m so looking forward to this weekend. We''re taking Friday off and heading to Maryland to visit a good friend at her weekend house on Deep Creek lake. Bless her heart, she''s planning a weight watcher friendly menu for me and another friend and her husband who also joined weight watchers. My hubby is planning to take his own stash of chips and candy bars. He''s hopeless!

tlh - glad your hubby is feeling better, sorry his shoulder & neck are bothering him. You''re a running freak! (I mean that as a complement) That''s something I''ve never been able to do, so I''m jealous. I just have to keep making my walks faster and take harder routes.

lisa - thanks for the Florida info. None of my spring/summer clothes fit anymore and are all in bags, and I have been concentrating buying on winter stuff. I guess I need to hit up some clearance racks to find some things to wear on Disney World days! My hubby loves going to work the job fair booth for his company. He is such a social guy. Yay for your bachelorette party!! Have a blast!!!!

marcy - sorry your knees are bugging you. Standing on concrete is rough, that''s for sure. My hubby had reconstructive knee surgery right after we started dating 16 years ago. He has to stop every mile while we''re walking to do stretches or it locks up on him. Sorry you''re losing employees. Two of my employees have applied for a job with a higher pay grade in another department, and I truly hope one of them gets it. It''s the only way to get a raise, and they both certainly deserve a raise. I don''t like the thoughts of interviewing people again. I hate that.

Hi Skippy, Tacori, & Sharon!

rod - I agree that PT is a way better route to take than surgery. I used to process disability retirements and saw so many people applying due to failed back surgery. I knew I wasn''t going the surgery route unless I absolutely couldn''t function. So glad for your progress!

dragonfly - ooohh - unpacking. Yuck. I surely don''t envy you. I''ve done that enough times to know I don''t want to move again for a very long time. I bought a fitness ball and elastic bands. My WW leader says she uses the bands, and she has the most awesomely toned arms. I''ll work on that and debut my awesomely toned arms next spring!

Have a great Thursday everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi.I just got done grading papers.I had class on campus tonight too.Busy night doing dishes and cooking lunch for tomorrow between school work.

I saw “myself” in my rear view mirror today.A lady behind me looked so much like the old me it was scary and she had a car like the one I used to drive.I did a double take in the mirror.I was like wow that was what I looked like in my car.

Tlh, I think my crankies are centered around not being to excited for Marty going back to Hong Kong soon; I’ll just go shopping while he is gone.

9.gif
That will cheer me up.Thanks for the knee dust.I think I might end up getting it checked because something is not right in there but it was mostly better today.It’s not constant pain just an occasional attack of letting me know it is there.Glad you got in an extra long run this morning.

Dragonfly, you’ll be finding things for a while.The joy of moving.

Rod, glad you had a decent day.That is wonderful you were able to place someone in a new job.Good news there.I was singing the Klondike song while I was fixing our treat last night.Too funny.

Skippy, rats for being so busy lately.Mmm to cookies.We were in a Sprouts this weekend and I saw gingersnap cookies.I reminded Marty he needs to pick me up some from TJ in Arizona.He is headed that way soon.

Deegee, you deserve a new laptop.Your trip sounds great and how nice of your friend to plan on WW friendly meals.When I was really on my quest to get smaller I had some people make HORRID choices of what they thought I could eat.That’s when I used the less than ½ method.Sorry to hear your husband had knee surgery.I had both knees operated on as well.I hope one of your employees get the job they applied for.I am NOT looking forward to interviewing again.It is so hard to tell from an interview much about a person.

Take care.
35.gif

Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Howdy ya''ll!!!
35.gif
Everyone is so busy--working, working out, resetting goals, generally having fun!! Excellent.

Not going to the pool today--and hour and half yesterday left me with a sore leg...I need a rest. I''ll be busy walking all over town today so that should do.

Talk care!!

cheers--Sharon

tlh

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly - glad you got a mile in and some yoga with all your unpacking. That is awesome!

Rod- I''m so excited for you I''m doing cartwheels! I hope you have a great workout! I do hope you''ll be able to participate in a 5k again, that is such encouraging news!
36.gif

skippy- it is okay to smoetimes have some cookies- I mean, hello skinny minny!! But I understand how it can be very easy to slip off the wagon. I''m glad you had a walk with your cousin and had fun! Monsoon... coming your way!
28.gif

deegee - good luck on your new computer purchase decison.. and it sounds like the new tv is gonna be awesome!!! Your friend in maryland deserves considerate host of the year award. That is really quite awesome that she is working so hard to accomodate her guests. I did laugh about your hubs though. Reminds me of my dad, he has a huge chocolate weakness, like a girl!
9.gif
Brownies, fudge, icecream... and mother nature blessed him with a high metabolism until he hit 50. I would die for some of his old metabolism! Lucky thing! Thanks for the compliment, I am a running freak! But I love walking too! I can only lose weight when I''m walking the dogs. I think it is really weird... but I''m happy autumn is a coming.. and in just a couple months, it will be cool enough for evening walks, and these pounds will finally fall off!! So keep up the walking, I know what great things it does!!!

marcy- seeing your doppleganger IS spooky! I''ve never had that happen, but I think I''d freak out a little! Holy cow, he''s leaving AGAIN! My goodness, it was like he just got back YESTERDAY! No wonder you''re cranky... I''d be cranky too... actually I''d probably put on my pout face and make my husband do something really nice for me!
9.gif
I''m sorry about your knee pain. I had really weird knee pain, and it turned out to be bursitis. Go figure. But once I got some PT it was AWESOME, and I really haven''t had any issues since. So it is a good thing to get it checked out... and find out what you''re dealing with. ***some more healing dust your way, paired with happy missin'' the hubby sparkies!!!***

Sharon- enjoy your walk. Sorry your leg is sore. You must have really pushed it! That is fabulous!

Happy thrursday all!
35.gif
Got a run in this morning. A heat wave came through as it was 10* warmer - and a lot more humid. RAIN DANG IT! RAIN! My dinner turned out great. The cornstarch didn''t firm up as much as I would have liked, probably from the extra moisture from the frozen snow peas... but it was good. I haven''t been swimming in the evenings as my hubs can''t move his arm much... so we''ve just been hanging out. last night we watched grand torino, and that was very good... intense, but a good movie. Tonight I''m making salmon with wasabi mashed pots and asperagus..
18.gif

“No one ever choked to death swallowing his pride” unknown

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Marcy, I''m glad you''re feeling better. Sometimes you just get cranky for no reason. I''m glad you''re over it. Bummer you''re loosing two employees. Hope the workload doesn''t get much much worse for you. Aw, marty''s goin gback to HK soon.
7.gif
Bummer. Hee hee, shopping always cheers me up too. :)

TLH, Awesome you got such a great run in! You eats sound yums. James hates when I cook fruit in dinner, so I don''t get to do it. Boys are so silly sometimes.

Dragon, is your SO loving that you''re loving cooking in your kitchen?? Ha ha, tell him he can start loving cleaning the new bathroom. :) A mile run is awesome!

Rod, Yay! For less pain! I''m so glad you didn''t do the surgery. It''s hard to be patient when you''re in so much pain, but at least now you can say you gave it a shot. So many people are so impatient now-a-days they just want the quick and easy solution.

Skip, Have fun this weekend! I''m headed to Seattle for my Bachelorette party. We''re going sea kayaking, and wine tasting. Roll Your Own Sushi is planned for dinner tomorrow. :)

Deegee, soooo funny about distracting your hubby with playstation. James said he''s probably going to buy an xBox while I''m away for the long weekend. Silly boys. How do you like the MacBook? I think that''s a fantastic 40lb present.

Sharon, It''s good to rest up for a day. Sounds like you''re kicking your workouts pretty hard. Go you!

I''m working late tonight so I got a leisurely morning. Got up at 8AM, talked to my dad, went on a run with the pooch. Did a 3 miler with a 1 mile walk cool down. Heading otu the door for work now. :)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi FRIENDS!!! My cousin and I had a great walk but it seriously gets darker and darker quick! By about 7:40 it is dark and at 6am it is dark, oh boy; I guess fall IS just around the corner!

Oh I went and weighed in at Weight watchers and I stayed 3 lbs under my goal; this is month 3 of maintenance.
9.gif
I guess I am suppose to change my goal but the weigh in lady was distracted by something and they were busy. lol so I will cross that bridge when it comes. Oh about the job; I only put in for the weekend and they do it based on need and I have so much going on during the week so if nothing happens no biggie.
2.gif

I went and stocked up on healthy snack, spinach, low fat cheese, whole grain bread, peaches and carrots. We are going to dinner with friends tonight from out of town. It also looks like we might get rain, thanks TLH for sending it. hehehe
9.gif

Hope everyone has a FAB Thursday!!!
35.gif

DEEGEE, oh you deserve a great present for losing 40 lbs
36.gif
I hope your tummy feels better. Yay for walks I bet it helps w/stress a little. Woo enjoy your weekend at the lake!!! oh that is awesome about planning a ww friendly meal, yay!

MARCY, yay for class and keeping the weight off girl!!!

SHARON, hope the leg feels better. Yay for taking a day off; I am doing that today too!

TLH, yay for your run!!! You sent the rain over here, woot!!!! hope hubs feels better soon, enjoy the movie!

LISA, yay for going to Seattle, are you going to Anthony's? That is my favorite place in Seattle for crab legs and clam chowder, yum!!! How FUN!!!! Woot for an awesome run!

LORELEI, love the bunny, hop hop hop. hehe
41.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.One more day until a long weekend.Woo hoo.We are getting crazy busy at work so that makes the day fly by.I was cold so I offered to run the time cards over to one of our other buildings and took the long way back in the sunshine.It was great.

We had baked potatoes and steak for supper.I ate raw veggies while Marty was cooking the steak on the grill.

Sharon rats for having a sore leg.I hope walking around today helped loosen it up for you.

Tlh, evening walks in the fall sounds great.I think while Marty is gone I will go pick up my mom and we can go walk around the lake in the park.I am sure my dad would enjoy the break from her too.The image in the mirror was quite freaky.Good idea to put on my pouty face and play it for all it’s worth; if all else fails there is always new clothes and jewelry.

9.gif
I hope you get some rain soon.Gran Torino was good but quite intense.It was a story I kept thinking about for days too.Glad the PT helped your knee.

Lisa, shopping can always bring a smile to my face and this weekend looks like a lot of good sales.Yay for a leisurely morning.

Skippy, glad to hear you and your cousin had a great walk; it is sure getting dark early now.Congratulations for maintaining for 3 months.

36.gif
Woo hoo!

Rod, I missed yesterday about the 5K.That is awesome news.

Take care.

35.gif

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I just remembered 3 years ago Tuesday I started the "Amazing Shrinking Lady" quest. (That is what Rod calls me) It seems so long ago and far away now.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey and thanks everyone for sharing my happiness at being in less pain. Actually today was pretty much completely pain free. I''m also afraid to admit it for fear that it won''t last, but it was pretty amazing. And my workout tonight was just great. I even did the elliptical for 10 minutes but I stopped there as I promised my PT I wouldn''t go over that for a couple weeks. Next week, I can add 5 minutes as long as I''m not in pain. Then each week, I can add 5 minutes until I''m back where I was. Tomorrow''s a 1/2 day of work for our office. YAYAYAYAYAY, then it''s a full 3 days off. Uber YAYAYAYAYAYAY. I''m sorry I can''t write you all individually. It''s already well past 10 PM and I still have some stretches to do before going to bed. So hugs to you all. I''ll do my best to check in tomorrow night after sushi.....

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod. Woo hoo for a pain free day.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results