shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 28th Sept till 4th Oct

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Wow, we haven''t had this many beautiful pics on this thread in a while! The landscape shots are pretty too!
2.gif

I gave platelets yesterday so I''m too tired to do any workout today. But, I''ve been working so much at my mom''s house, I''m not to worried about missing a couple. DH''s job prospect has not panned out yet, still time though.

JT decided Snoopy needed a birthday party a couple nights ago. I made a german chocolate cake that I had been hanging onto. I''ve only had one piece (after all, you can''t turn down a birthday cake!) and DH and JT have demolished half of it. I''ll probably have one more piece. JT was asking about fruits and grains. He asked if grapes were fruit then if apples were fruit then if strawberries were fruit. After I said "yes" to all of those, he declared "then candy is fruit!" Soon after that he began inquiring about birth control!
23.gif
How in the heck does a 3.5 yr old even HEAR about birth control??

Anyway, today it has really hit me. I will be 30 years old in a couple weeks. I''m realizing that the body I take with me into my 30''s will likely be the body I have for the rest of my life. As most of you know, I''m really not into diet and exercise. I pretty much live by the moderation rule and try to do my lovely yoga. I definitely need a new game plan if I''m to get anywhere. But, I don''t have any will power or a gym membership. I actually enjoy lifting weights and I think that would be a great place to start, but if I can''t get into a gym I''m kinda stuck. I will likely be less active as the colder weather hits too. I''m not ready to set a goal because it seems so HUGE! Then I''ll feel like a failure when it doesn''t work out. I''m working against this hormonal crap and my current regime is just keeping me at the same weight. (I am still wearing the same clothes I got into last summer so that''s good) Any suggestions to motivate me?

That''s all for now.

Have a great day!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends; burrrrrrrrrr it was cold on my walk!! It was about low 60's and I was wearing a jacket and pants; I went by myself as my poor cousin caught a cold. I guess stuff is going around.

Oh and the carpet cleaners came today and our carpets look great with our new garage door. hehe Aww, the joys of home ownership; small things make ya happy.
2.gif
Agh, I made the mistake of buying this fiber things and I ate too many from TJ's; they are yummy but I am not buying them again! ha! Oh well. I did go to Weight Watchers today and didn't have to pay for a 4th month since I am in my goal range, wooohooo
9.gif
I just better not buy more fruit fiber things (they taste like candy but look like fruit leather).

MARCY, oh no to cold and windy. I love getting in my sweats and having hot tea, nice and cozy. Stay warm you skinny minny.

ROD, aww, your parents are adorable; I see where you get your good looks HOT BOD ROD!!! Aw, I love pics of you and Charlie; you look fabulous and in awesome shape!!! YAY for crab, yum!!! Crab is low cals so all you can eat; i bet wasn't much on the calorie meter
2.gif
3.gif
I am looking forward to the warm Florida weather!

TED, Wow, I love the pics of Bermuda. I had done a little research and think Bermuda is a good match for me. I love the color of the water. NICE!!!! Someday I will be lucky and get to go. hehe

SS, prayers outgoing for your hubby to get a job soon. 30 is young, woman; I am 33. hehe So you better not think it is old.
27.gif
2.gif
OMG that is too funny about the fruit q & a and then the anti birds and bees. hehe Well a motivating thing for me was finding my happy weight for me, something I could maintain for the long haul. I could weigh a lot less but it would take a lot of diligence and I enjoy eating goodies here and there. You looked great the last time you posted pics; have you checked your BMI to make sure you are in the healthy range. I guess what did it for me is that my parents have diabetes and I don't want to get diabetes too so I made sure I was in the healthy range for my BMI. Maybe the idea of setting a good example for JT; sounds like you are but kids are so malleable so healthy eating habits will go a long way for both of you but sounds to me like you are doing great!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.My day at work was like a trip to Hyades.Not fun at all.For supper I had a lean cuisine spaghetti, a piece of French bread and a glass of wine.It was like a treat but really not bad for me at all.

I talked to Marty on Skype this morning.He showed me around his hotel room.It is TINY.It is in the 90’s and they have 90% humidity over there so he is not enjoying the weather at all.They are celebrating their 60th anniversary of communist China so this weekend should be a zoo over there.

I am SOOOO glad tomorrow is Friday.One more day and I can do whatever I want for 2 days.

Our mattress pad showed up tonight so I am washing everything on the bed and will get it all back together before going to bed tonight.A clean, warm, comfy bed – that is living my friends.

We didn’t have any snow this morning but it was 30 when I left for work.

Ted, great pictures from your trip.It looks pretty and warm.

Somethingshiny, good luck to your husband with his job.It’s never too late to change your lifestyle.My motivation was my health but of course you need to find what works for you.

Skippy, it is certainly chilly here too.Glad you braved the chilly weather though.Congratulations for being in your weight range for 4 months.

36.gif
Woo hoo!

Sleep well!

35.gif

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.........It was a tough day at work, and I could have so just come home after work and bagged the gym, but I hate to give myself permission to skip a workout, so I went and I''m really glad I did. I ALWAYS feel better after a good hard workout. Endorphins are the BEST DRUGS!!! And our bodies produce them in abundance when we work out. It''s what makes us feel euphoric during exercise. If you''re feeling low, exercise. You''ll feel better! My weight lifting is getting better. I was able to do more reps of higher weight. They''re letting us dress more casually this week because it''s the end of our fiscal year. And I put on a shirt this morning that fit fine a while ago, but is definitely fitting tighter through my chest. WOO HOO! Tomorrow''s Friday.......YAY. We''ll do our usual Friday night sushi, followed by coffee at Sbucks.

Ted, thank you for the kind words. I am proud of the great changes I''ve made inside and outside my body. I think it''s great you''re the ''young man'' in our healthy family. And clearly, I''m the ''old man'' but that''s just fine with me........LOL You''re a great addition to this thread. I had to LOL at your ''speedo'' suggestion. I don''t think at my age, a speedo will ever be in my future.........but thanks for the thought. Thanks for the pics of Bermuda. I live in a tropical place, but I sure could use a Bermuda-like vacation!

SS, 30 ''aint'' nothing!! It seems that just yesterday, I turned 30, but it was almost 25 years ago. Time goes faster as we age, so enjoy your youth!! On your motivation question. I''m not sure anyone can motivate you but yourself. You''re very healthy and you take great care of yourself. Perhaps you can pay someone to push you, like hiring a trainer?

Thank you dear Skippy!! I''m afraid since that picture was taken, my folks have aged significantly. That was from their 60th wedding anniversary and Charlie and I flew them to Tampa and took them to a fantastic restaurant to celebrate such an amazing milestone. Yay for clean carpet a new garage door and I''m still jealous of the chilly weather. 60s would be so nice after all the heat we''ve had down here. Of course I won''t be jealous when you say it''s any colder than that.

Marcy, I guess you would take 80 over 30. 30, brrrrrrr., that''s just too cold this time of year. I remember how hot and humid it was when we went to Hong Kong. It was September of 1985 and I couldn''t believe it could be that hot and sticky anywhere in September. I hope Marty''s doing OK over there.......

OK.......time to shut down and get ready for bed........Have a great Friday everyone........

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Howdy gangaronni! Hope this note finds everyone well.

I have been working out at home and off to the pool last two days. As it gets considerably colder outside, I find I am lazy to venture out to the pool.....but the flip side is I do more ab work and weights at home....

Keep up the good work everyone--and keep on keeping on!
35.gif

cheers--Sharon

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
While JT was at preschool today I did some On Demand Exercise TV. I found a couple series that I''m going to try. The first one was 30 min cardio and 15 min on abs. I didn''t really enjoy it, it kinda sucked. But, I got through it so maybe I just need to grin and bear it. My BMI is not in the healthy range but I''m in general good health. Motivation is a BIG factor for me. Getting help from a trainer isn''t an option right now. Basically I''m stuck in my living room. If I was able to go to the gym, I know I''d be doing more because that would be my only focus. Working out at home is hard for me because I get a bit sidetracked.

So, I''d like to get a few inexpensive items to help me with these new workouts. What are the best things to start with??

free weights
medicine ball
balance ball
resistance bands
other?

I can''t pick up everything now, so if any of you have an idea about what to start with, that would be great!

My push-ups and sit-ups are getting better. Another quick question; Is it better to do a crunch if you can keep your feet on the floor or a full sit-up with your feet lodged under something?

Eating has been okay the last few days. No bad choices!

Sorry I can''t catch up with everyone, Hope you all have a great day!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello!

Rod - What a huge difference in your before & after pictures! You look great, and it''s amazing that you were able to keep doing so well after you herniated your disc. You have to be really proud of yourself!!! You do some killer workouts.

Ted - your pictures are awesome, and make me realize that I need a vacation! We didn''t have time to take one last year, and the only thing we''re doing this year is remaining in Orlando 3 days after my conference is over. We were so cold yesterday at work - I had on a turtle neck shirt, a sweater, another sweater, a blanket, and dress pants with thick socks underneath, and I still had to go to the restroom a bunch of times to run hot water on my hands. I''m going to buy a pair of gloves and cut the finger tips out. Anyway, I did a search for "shivering burning calories" and posted the article I found along with a note that said "What''s more important, being warm or burning calories?" Umm-I think being warm won hands down.

shiny - I hope your dh gets good news on the job front. My motivation to lose weight was that I broke my foot last September, and it took forever to heal. I have lots of back problems (which in the past I have used as my excuse not to exercise), but my foot hurting all the time drove me insane to the point of realizing that I''d feel a whole lot better if I got some weight off and started exercising. I do feel lots better, and my blood pressure & pulse rate are both down, as well as those other numbers doctors look at.

Skippy - awesome that you''ve maintained!!! I''m trying to get enough people to sign up for another round of our at work program, but I only have 8 so far. I need 10. It''s time to start recruiting! I slapped flyers up all around the building and sent out an email that I hope will motivate people to join. 3 of us that began at the same time have lost a combined 105 pounds! We lost my little sister!!

marcy - I hope everything is going well for your hubby on his trip. The only skirt I have (had-no longer fits) is a really long black one that comes to my ankles, and I usually wore it to a Christmas function. I''m thinking about getting a few skirts to wear with boots...I''m still super excited that I can zip them! I''d have to wear thermal underwear under my skirts at work though!!

Hi Sharon!

I stayed home from work today, but not to go on a shopping trip. A migraine came on last night, and I was still feeling yucky this morning. My eyesight is still a little fuzzy and my hair hurts, but that should pass shortly. I used to get migraines a few times a month, but I haven''t had one in the last several months. Hey, that''s improvement! Plus the kitties and doggie are happy to have someone home with them all day. My kitty Fraidy Cat (she''s my sweet Kiki''s baby) has been on my lap all day purring. Animals know when you''re not feeling good, I think. Everyone have a happy Friday. Yay! The weekend is here!!!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends; I got to visit my new nephew. I love when babies start plumping up; he is 3 weeks and his little cheeks are getting full. hehe
Tonight I am making chicken and rice and green beans and a salad. Tomorrow morning hubby and I are waking up early to see the balloons; my city hosts an International Balloon Festival each yr and about 100,000 people come to visit and they allow I think 600 balloons in each year. Here is some info if you want to read; it is pretty Spectacular http://www.balloonfiesta.com/
9.gif
HAPPY FRIDAY FRIENDS
35.gif

MARCY, yay for talking to Marty on Skype! Skype is pretty cool huh! sorry yesterday wasn't so good.

ROD, I hear you on parents getting older. In 2 yrs my dad will be 80; he still thinks he can do all sorts of things but I worry about them. Yay for casual dress week! Yay for sushi night; hey I thought of you because you have that Japanese beer so I bought some so I can try out! hehee Wow, your parents have been married 60 yrs; that is AWESOME!!!

SHARON, oh no for cold weather, stay warm and yay for the workouts!

SS, I love freeweights for lunges and squats and incorporating arms. I do have a ball, a big one and do back and abs on it. I don't use my resistance bands much. Yay for working out using Excercise tv.

DEEGEE, yay for motivating people to join you in your weight loss! OMG 105 lbs, is sooooo awesome; you and your friends should be so proud, woohooo
36.gif
I am so sorry about the migraine; they are the worst!!! hugs and hope you feel better soon
12.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I need help!!!

So, today I wrote down every thing I ate. I kept track of cals, carbs, fat, fiber and protein (not sure if I should be counting any other thing...)

Today was a normal eating day for me. I have 3 meals and a snack, possibly another snack later but in the 1-200 calorie region with no fat, fiber, or protein. It would basically be sugar...

And, here's what I have. It looks terrible but I don't know what the "normal" range should be. I know I don't eat many calories a day, and I'm starting to think I need to UP my calories and tweak the rest. It seems I have a lot more fat than I thought, but again, I don't know what "normal" is.

For the day:

calories 1096
carbs 143
fat 22.5
fiber 23
protein 44

So, now that my dirty secret is out, what do I need to do to improve my diet???

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2009 7:11:16 PM
Author: somethingshiny
I need help!!!

So, today I wrote down every thing I ate. I kept track of cals, carbs, fat, fiber and protein (not sure if I should be counting any other thing...)

Today was a normal eating day for me. I have 3 meals and a snack, possibly another snack later but in the 1-200 calorie region with no fat, fiber, or protein. It would basically be sugar...

And, here's what I have. It looks terrible but I don't know what the 'normal' range should be. I know I don't eat many calories a day, and I'm starting to think I need to UP my calories and tweak the rest. It seems I have a lot more fat than I thought, but again, I don't know what 'normal' is.

For the day:

calories 1096
carbs 143
fat 22.5
fiber 23
protein 44

So, now that my dirty secret is out, what do I need to do to improve my diet???
Personally I think it is too low. I use to eat between 1300-1500 calories a day; now that I hit maintence I eat 200 extra to maintain. I also am 5 41/2.
I would go to sparkpeople and you enter in your weight, height, activity level and it gave me a calorie range which was similar to weight watchers and I lost. The big thing Weight watchers pushes and I notice the South beach is this way is they want you to eat more whole grains (less sugars, processed white carbs) because your body takes longer to break down the whole grains and you feel satisfied longer. I make sure to get 5 fruits and veggies in a day; usually snack on carrots, broccoli sticks, and a salad for dinner and banana or apple and maybe berries for dessert. I honestly notice if I get my fruits and veggies in that it helps. If I get snacky Healthy pop 94% fat free has a great popcorn that I eat 1/2 bag one day and the other have the next day as a snack. In the morning I get some sort of protein in to keep me satisfied. I do egg whites, canadian bacon and a whole grain English Muffin (not the white ones); that keeps me satisfied, or sometimes I will do a low fat cheese stick and apple for breakfast and then carrots and rolled turkey slices for a snack or almonds and an apple (sort of a carb/protein balance. I do have white breads once in awhile but I notice I am less snacky if I don't eat lots of sugars and refined flour. I also love beans and lentils so fiberous foods are very satisfying and keep you full longer; I like making black bean soups, or a white bean chicken veggie soup or a lean chilli. Sorry if I wrote too much but that is what I do and I have learned over the the past couple of years this is what works for me so maybe keep a food journal like you are doing and note what satisfies you and what doesn't. If I had a good week in my food journal I would star that week and try and repeat a few of the things. I would check out spark people and see which food choices appeal to you; they have recipes too. hehe
35.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......it was an insane day at work. Friday's are usually pretty tough. At least the day went by fast, but I was mostly burned out by 3 and had to stay focused for 3 more hours. Sushi with Charlie was great, then I picked up a couple cups of decaf and we came home to have coffee with Sakai on our shoulders. TOmorrow's a do nothing day for me. Charlie has to work till 6 PM, and he's off Sunday, so we'll go to the gym then.

I'm sorry the warm weather has left Canada Sharon. I hope you get some more warmth soon, before the white flakes start flying and you're stuck inside.

SS, from the list of things you could buy, the least expensive ones could provide the best benefit. Like both balls and resistance bands. They would certainly permit you to do much core strength training and a strong core can provide so much benefit. On the calories, I don't think you took in enough. If you routinely only consume a little over 1,000/day, your body could be rebelling, by thinking you're in starvation mode. When that happens the metabolism slows down to try to preserve fat. Have you registered with SparkPeople? It's a great site for learning about calories, exercise, etc. Many of us here use/used it.

Thanks so much deegee! Sometimes I think I was crazy for pushing myself with a severely herniated disc. But, I'm so afraid that if I give myself permission not to work out, I won't work out. The fear of not working out wins for me..........I hope your migraine is completely gone soon so you can enjoy a pain free weekend. I'm sure it was great comfort to you to have a kitty in your lap and it was great comfort to the animals to have you home too!

Skippy, it seems like just weeks ago you wrote about and posted pics of the balloon festival. It would be so awesome to see that in person! I'm glad your nephew is doing so well. He's so lucky to have such an 'uber' cool and loving aunt!!

Hey Marcy......you're probably writing at the same time I'm writing. I hope you have a nice relaxing weekend and that Marty's OK in the heat and humidity over there. Hugs to you friend.........

OK........Have a great weekend everyone!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s just me today?? I hope this means everyone''s out enjoying a great weekend. It was a lazy day for me. Breakfast on the terrace was nice as it was the first cooler Sunday we''ve had in many months. It did warm up significantly this afternoon, but still not over 90 degrees. I just lounged the day away until Charlie got of at 6. I was really in the mood for some barbecue, so we went to a place we discovered a couple months ago and had the best ribs! Now we''re wathcing the 2n Harry Potter movie as Charlie has been reading all the books one right after the next and we had only seen the 1st Potter movie. Tomorrow will be a regular Sunday with a gym session in the afternoon.

Have a nice Sunday everyone.........

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hubby and I went and saw the balloons and they were beautiful; we did it with the MB club which was kind of funny because the men talked cars. They had breakfast catered and had an Einstein bagels breakfast sandwich. i got home and looked up the points, eeeeek 580 calories and 24 grams of fat (lol, oh well).
32.gif
We met my parents for dinner too so I made sure to go on a walk this evening and we were treated to a GORGEOUS evening Moon out. hehehe

Happy Saturday friends.

ROD, howdy, glad you had a nice relaxing day. I am going to be packing soon, what do people wear; are they casual? Are you in shorts during the weekend? Yay for a awesome workout tomorrow friend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi.I certainly kept busy enough this weekend to not be bored and miss Marty too much. Yesterday I took my raw veggies to work to eat about 4 pm since I was going to work late. I got home about 6 and cooked supper (lean hamburger, diet French fries and a little bit of wine).Then I started cleaning house.About 4 hours later I was delighted to get a phone call from Marty.He knew I’d still be up (about 11 our time).They were out shopping for watches and purses.

I woke up at normal time today (rats) so I headed to the bank, post office and Sam’s.I came home before 10 because a friend was picking me up to go shopping.We wandered around several stores and I bought quite a few shirts and thermal tops.Some of my things from last winter are all cotton and they fit fine but have been getting shorter.This time I bought Carhart and Woolrich and I think they’ll hold up better.

My friend and I had lunch at Olive Garden.It was very GOOD.We had low fat dressing and the non-ending pasta bowl.I ate about ¼ of my pasta and one bread stick.After lunch we hit a few more clothing stores then she went home.She has 2 little ones so I think she was getting nervous about dad watching them.I went to a few more stores and bought groceries for the week.My food bill sure is low compared to when Marty is home.Lean Cuisine were 2 for $5 so I bought several of them and a few slices of meat for sandwiches this week.

My in-laws picked me up and we went to Outback for supper.I had salad, ½ of a steak and the inside of a baked potato.I can have the rest of my steak for supper on Monday.

At Sam’s today I bought a 18 count box of Skinny Cow frozen truffle bars (chocolate and vanilla) for under $10.I tried the vanilla one a while ago; it wasn’t bad.They aren’t as big as the WW chocolate bars but satisfying anyway.

Tonight I am doing laundry, mopped the kitchen and went through my clothes to throw out some of my short shirts.Wow I am tired just thinking about all of this.

I am meeting a friend for breakfast in the morning and bought a LC pizza for supper tomorrow.Pizza during football just sounds right.

I picked up the new Dan Brown book so will be anxious to start it too.

Rod, you are so right that exercise or just doing something will always make you feel better.Yes, I’d rather have 80 degree weather than 30.That is what I bought today warm clothes.Ooh, there is a surprise.We are going to a wedding in Vail in a few weeks and I just could not bring myself to buy nice dressy clothes for it but I found a nice looking corduroy burgundy jacket that will match a dressy sweater that I have so I think that will work – dressy looking and warm.I think Marty is doing okay but he is not fond of head and humidity.How cool Charlie is reading the HP books one after another.I really enjoyed them and will probably read them again some day.

Sharon, this time of year it is good to have options to stay at home to work out or go somewhere.

Somethingshiny, sounds like you can do many things at home.I started out with free weights and resistance bands.I agree with Skippy to check out Sparkpeople and track your food.I wouldn’t go below 1200 calories.

Deegee, it sounds like your office is colder than mine.I have a fleece blanket at work that I put on my lap frequently.I can type okay in those little stretchy gloves.I am with you being warm is much more important.How exciting your skirts fit you now.I hope your migraine is gone by now.Those are NOT fun.

Skippy, I can’t believe the balloon festival is here again.I swear I will be there someday!Skype is very cool.Glad you saw the beautiful Harvest Moon tonight.I saw it but only through clouds.

Well, my dryer is whining.

See you tomorrow!

35.gif

Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi everybody! I ended up going to my chiropractor yesterday for my migraine. Sometimes a good neck cracking helps my head. My chiropractor called me skinny minny. He''s now officially my very favorite person! I spent today just like yesterday, on the couch with a cat in my lap. Tomorrow we''re heading to mom & dad''s for Sunday dinner and wiffleball. I''m all-time catcher, so the headache has to be gone by game time!

Hi Rod - glad you had a relaxing day. I let my back give me permission to gain a bunch of weight and not exercise for years! Now there are probably times I shouldn''t push myself but I do because I don''t want to get back to where I was. I''m sure all that working out helped your recovery in the long run.

Skippy - the balloon festival sounds really fun! Have you ever gone up in one? We went to a balloon event a few years ago with our nephews in Ohio, and they thought it was really cool. Glad you got to see your new nephew!

Marcy - Glad to hear you''re keeping busy, and that you got to talk to Marty. I started to pick up the new Dan Brown book tonight at Walmart, but got distracted by something before I got a hold of the book. I never got back to the book section. After I read your post, I realized I forgot to pick up cheap gloves at Walmart to cut the fingertips out of for work. Dang!!! When I have a migraine, I''m not right for a few days.

Have a great Sunday everyone!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
DEEGEE, YOU ARE A SKINNY MINNY, wooooHOOOOOOO
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
But that is awesome he told you!!!!!

MARCY, I am sorry you are missing Marty. Yay for shopping w/your friend!!! Did you get a purse??

We went out to breakfast w/friends. I had an egg and toast. Now I am going walking with my cousin. I plan to make chicken and some veggies for dinner. Happy Sunday night!! Anyone watching Desperate Housewives tonight? heheh

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.I had another busy day and continued to try and help boost the economy and sales numbers.I went to Target and picked up a few things including a lean grilling machine.I met a girl friend for breakfast then she and I wandered around Kohls and Bed and Bath.I bought a sweater and some dress pants to wear to the wedding in a few weeks.I also picked up a little speaker that works on my IPOD, awful sound but it works.I bought a hot pink alarm clock. Tee hee.

Deegee, how wonderful for your chiropractor to say such a lovely thing to you.I hope you were up to trip and wiffleball today.Stupid migraine!It is fine line between pushing yourself and not doing further damage on your body.I worry more about my feet than my knees anymore.Those babies took a massive amount of abuse.I hope your office is warmer this week.I actually saw snow coming down for awhile today.It never got out of the 30’s here either.

Skippy, that is great you started your day with meeting some friends for breakfast.My friend and I asked if we could order off the senior menu and they said fine.I still didn’t eat all of mine but that way I got less food and it was cheaper.Marty got me a Dolce and Gabanna purse.He said he’d try to send me a picture but I haven’t gotten one yet.I was so sad to see a typhoon is headed towards Hong Kong later this week.

Well, I am off to do dishes and work on school.

35.gif

Marcy

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for your suggestions. Yesterday I consumed approx 1400 cals, and today I was around 1200. I''ll definitely go to spark people and see what I can do. I also talked to my sis today (who is a college athlete) to get some advice on workouts. She gave me some new exercises to try, too.

That''s all from me.

Have a great tomorrow!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........Summer has returned to Tampa. It's back around 90 and they say for the next week or so, it will stay at 90 or up to 92 by mid week. Frankly, we're ove summer already. It's October for goodness sakes and time for cooler weather. Oh well, at least if it has to be hot, it is at least nice outside, without our typical summer thunderstorms. I wound up watching sleeping in till almost 10:30 this morning. I was actually ready to get up at 7:30, but turned over decided to sleep a little more and the next thing I remember was Charlie asking me if I was ever going to get up. I slept too much and when that happens, I'm groggy for waaay too long. We finally had coffee, fresh fruit and a scone on the terrace. Since we had breakfast so late, we had a lite lunch, before the gym. I must admit that the gym was tough at first. Maybe because I slept too much last night, but I just had a difficult time getting into things, but eventually got into it. I'm doing more weights on the free weight bench press, which is a good thing. After the gym we went to the grocery store and I they were having a sale on Alaskan King Crab for $6/lb. That's an amazing bargain, so I bought 3 1/2 pounds and we had King Crab and we made cucumber, tomato and onion salad, which as such a treat.

I would so love to see (maybe be in) the balloons Skippy. Of course, I'd have to be somewhat sedated as I have quite a fear of heights. But, I think it would be so cool to take a balloon ride. It's casual everywhere you go in Florida. You really don't have to dress up to go anywhere. I wish St. Augustine was closer. It would be so cool to actually meet, and hug my dear Skippy! And BTW., bagels are not low cal, all by themselves. Just add eggs, meat and cheese and they're full of fat.......

Sounds like you've been busy with Marty out of town Marcy.......Yes, LC's are quite affordable......LOL I'm glad you're getting things a but more exciting to eat as well. Sometiems I do miss buying colder weather clothes. When we lived up north, we were sweater 'aholics. We had one closet that was floor to ceiling sweaters. Of course I hated warm weather clothes because I was fat and I sure didn't look good in light clothing. Sweaters, sure can cover up a multitude of sins!! I hope Marty's doing OK over there. When will he be back home?

deegee, I used to rely very heavily on my chiropractor. There was a time I went no less than 3 times a week. And like yourself, I let my back be the reason I couldn't exercise. It wasn't until I finally got the message that my back issues were a result of a weak core, that I vowed to Rebuild Rod and get in shape. I know what you mean about being concerned about pushing youself, but being afraid that not pushing yourself could be far worse. For me, I know if I didn't pushy myself, it would be so easy to 'unbuild' Rod quickly. How great that your chiro called you a skinny minny and I hope your headache is a distant memory by the time you read this......

Oh and Skippy, I'm watching DH as I type this. I'm not sure about this season so far.......

SS, I'm glad you increased your calorie intake and are getting some good advice. SparkPeople can be a great place to go..........

Hey Ted.......Where'd you go??

And while I'm thinking about it. Has anyone heard from DeeJay or Kimberly lately? Hey Kimberly or DeeJay, if you're lurking, stop it right now and let us know you're OK.........

See you all in next weeks thread............

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Somethingshiny, it sounds like you have a new plan of attack.Woo hoo!That is great news you got some exercise suggestions from your sister.

Rod, I am glad summer returned to Tampa.I cannot say the same about Wyoming.I am glad you slept in for a change but sorry to hear that made you groggy.I get that way too.I honestly function better with not enough sleep than I do with getting too much sleep.Of course my sleeping habits rarely allow that to happen; I am usually lucky to get 6 ½ hours of sleep.I did keep really busy this weekend.I had a girl at work tell me she’s glad I don’t twitter she wouldn’t want to see all my updates.LC are quite affordable and work well for a quick supper for me.I love sweaters; they are soft and warm and I definitely like comfort clothes.Marty will be back in about a week and a half.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results