shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 28th Sept till 4th Oct

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tap02150

Shiny_Rock
ANYWAYyyyyyyyyy heres a picture from this years cruise to Bermuda with Lindsey <3

n1212.jpg

tap02150

Shiny_Rock
last one of us =)

OH AND PS!! Soon you may see hand shots of that ACA princess and legato sleek!! ;-)

n141200079_30514118_5773.jpg

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Skippy - you are so gorgeous! You look amazing. Many, many congrats for reaching your goal!!

dragonfly - Wow-50 pounds. You look fabulous!!! I hope you continue to feel better from being sick.

tlh - I've been walking this week in jeans, long sleeves and a lined jacket. Seems like we walk faster in the cold, even with all the extra duds on. I hope you don't freeze too bad getting pics taken. Good luck coming up with a matron of honor song!!

shiny - I love the hiking pictures. It looks like you have a wonderful place to go.

marcy - I tackle anyone who takes a picture of me and delete any and all pictures from their cameras, so I don't have any before pictures. My nephew used to sneak pictures of me, and then try to get me to pay him to delete them. I always paid my niece to sneak in his room and delete them when he wasn't looking. I have found a few pictures, but I'm ducking or hiding behind someone in all of them. I'm still searching for one. I HATE to have my picture taken, but I'm really disappointed that I don't have a before picture.

Hi Ted! We have a bunch of people at work who have decided that it was taking too long to lose weight by eating healthy and exercising, so they're taking a super high protein supplement that is supposed to melt the fat while they sleep. One lady has lost a lot, but I wonder if there are lasting effects. Love the pics you posted. You two look like an adorable couple!

I'm sooo sleepy, and I had intended to be in bed by 11:30, and it's 11:21 already. Probably won't make it tonight! Have a good Wednesday everyone.

tap02150

Shiny_Rock
Hey deegee,

thanks for the kind words on my pictures =p

Secondly, the high protein supplements.. hmm lol

First off, "melt away fat when sleeping" - not possible, fat doesn't melt away. Secondly, any supplements you take can be expensive habits without lasting effects. Your co-workers are losing water weight at the moment from not eating fatty foods (replacing them with high protein). Secondly, they are not losing fat. If your co-worker does not exercise and/or start eating properly.. the high protein supplements will soon plateau, and more than likely start to GAIN the weight back.

Diets higher in protein [and] moderate in carbs, along with a lifestyle of regular exercise a have an excellent potential to reduce blood lipids [and] maintain lean tissue while burning fat for fuel without dieters being sidetracked with constant hunger.

High protein diets help control hunger.. but i am not sure if protein supplements do the same...

Lets face it, there are no ways to cheat hard work and healthy habits. Lose the weight in a healthy manner, slowly and gradually and you have a way higher chance to keep it off!

-Ted

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.I had a busy day at work, stayed a bit late and then headed to the bank and cake class.After class I picked up pear shaped aqua pendant at the mall, came home did dishes, made my mini muffins for my mid morning snack and graded papers.

Dragonfly, you look marvelous you skinny lady.Congratulations.What a transformation.

Tlh, I was looking at a brownie book at Micheals tonight and they had some recipes in there for both cake and fudgy brownies.I put it back as I know I can’t trust myself with a brownie book.Hopefully they will give you the recipe.Good luck with the temperature change.Have fun at the wedding.Singing, huh?I have always offered to sing at weddings and my friends have always wisely declined my offer.

Somethingshiny, very cool caves.How fun to explore them.

Skippy, I need to go grocery shopping too.I am down to 1 lean cuisine and either cheese or PB for a flatbread sandwich.My baked lays are almost gone as well.I am stocked up on raw veggies though.

Rod, welcome back!I am sure your parents enjoyed your visit.

Ted, you and Lindsey make a lovely couple.

Deegee, I was just like you.I actually worked at a photo finisher for years and I would always threw out any pictures of me in our rolls of film.I hated to see myself in those days.I worry about those type of diets too.You don’t learn how to handle every day food that way.

Okay since everyone is posting pictures I will go find one of my before and after photos.

Take care.

Marcy

Beforeafter.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marty and I before and after. He lost about 40 pounds and I lost 165 pounds.

xmascollage-copy2.jpg

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy, dragonfly and marcyc (& husband) - you ladies look so AMAZING and congrats on all your hard work!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

so, as of yesterday morning, i've lost 15 lbs so far! i don't think i have a specific goal weight in mind, but i'm just happy about how much better i feel in general. the only downside is that none of my pants fit me anymore and my shirts are getting a bit loose. i'm trying to refrain from buying any new clothes since i'm not sure how much more i'm going to lose, but i did splurge on some new bras. hey, i gotta keep those babies in check!

anyway, i really hadn't noticed a difference in my appearance until my clothes fit differently and looked at some recent pics of me.

here's my before (ugh!) taken over this past summer:

vipbefore.JPG

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
and here''s my after taken this past Saturday. i guess it''s kind of hard to tell with the shirt i have on, but i can definitely see the difference in my face.

vipafter.JPG

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone
Still sick. I have to suck it up at work today too. Stinks. No workouts, no energy, soup. I managed to get in a sammie and some grapes last night with some soy milk. I had a granola bar this morning. I might eat something in a little.

Vip - I DEFINITELY see the difference and you look fantastic!!!!!

Marcy - I have seen your before and afters before, you are such an inspiration, now tell your hubby to smile hehe

Ted - You guys look so cute and happy! Thanks for the info too!

Hoping to get homework done quickly tonight. SO is grilling some chicken he marinated so we''ll see if I can eat it.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
shiny- those pics are super cool! What a workout working on a house can be!

skippy!- I LOVE BEANS! YUMMMY SOUP! you feeling better yet?

Dragonfly- I''m glad that you''re feeling a bit better! oh no, read the second post... I hope you start feeling better soon.. not being able to keep food down is the pits!

ROD_ glad you''re back from the trip and so happy you and charlie were able to help your parents out by cleaning! You guys are terrific! and a 3 hour workout! WHOOO HOO CAPTAIN!

Ted- nice pics! your abs look sweet! you and lindsey make a lovely couple! can''t wait for the hand shots!
36.gif
great tips! and soo true - protein and fat keep me fuller a lot longer than candy!

deegee- you are too funny, I''d probably walk in jeans too, but my skin CHAFFES so easily... thank goodness for body glide!
9.gif
Hope you get some much needed rest!!

marcy- you are too funny! See, I didn''t volunteer to sing... and I am NOT a singer - well I do sing parodies all the time - but like in the shower- and what not.. not in front of 200 guests! So I''m hoping that she gets back on her rocker and figures it out. She even told me that my speach has to be less than a minute - I timed it... it is between 2 and 3 1/2 minutes depending on my pause lengths... so I''m like we''ll crud... what do I do? I LOVE YOUR BEFORE/AFTER PHOTOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vip- CONGRATS ON YOUR 15# weight loss!!! you are AWESOME!!!

SDL- I''m sorry that the weight came back, and that you are back on the cycle- I hope that your metabolism can get worked out due to your quirky schedule. It is awesome that you have such a fantastic support network. I think you''ll do fantastic!

Everyone HAPPY HUMP DAY! I leave tonight for my friend''s wedding week. She is INSANE and I hope she mellows out soon. I''m talking b-a-n-a-n-a-s crazy bride-zilla. I can''t wait to have my friend back.. and normal again. I don''t like this side of her. My run was a good de-stressor... it started to thunder and lightning, so I had to turn around early, but I kicked my fartlek in high gear, and finished strong! I hope everyone has fantastic weekends!!!

He who searches for friends without faults, will never have a friend." - unknown

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
tlh - it''s not so much keeping it down, it''s getting it down in the first place. I have no apetite, and my body is trying to reject things before I even get it down there.
14.gif
Thanks for the well wishes, and hope you have a good day!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi501.gif
Woohoo, to all the BEFORE and AWESOME AFTER PICS!!!! Very inspiring
36.gif
36.gif
Woohooo, you ALL look fantastic, and so thin and healthy
9.gif
Great job TEAM HEALTHY LIFESTYLE THREAD!!!!

We get our new garage door installed today; I am so excited! The guy is here right now installing it. hehe I met with 5 or 6 garage door companies before making a decision, so I am glad it soon will be over. I have a little sore throat but feel lots better; I think taking it easy has helped, thanks friends. I plan to exercise tonight, yay!!

DRAGON, hope you get better soon honey. You need to move to Tampa where it doesn't get chilly according to Rod; I would love year round warmth. hehe

TED, OMG, you two are sooooooo ADORABLE!!!
36.gif
This may sound weird but you two have great teeth too! hehe aww, I am so excited about your upcoming engagement, you two look so in love; too cute!! Oh and very fit, awesome!!!! thanks for your kind words. How was Bermuda? I have been dying to go!!! Have you been to Hawaii, how did they compare if you have been? tia

ROD, thank you dear friend; you made me feel like a million bucks. hehe You are a busy bee; unpacking is the hardest! I missed you!!! Aww for taking care of your parents kitchen. I want to see the crabs you ate; I want to eat some too! hehe YUM. I am hoping it doesn't get cold in St. Augustine either since we go mid next week; I was looking forward to a nice time on the beach. ehehe Oh I was going to post your before and after pic if it was okay with you but I can't find it, boo!!! Do you still have it? i will try and look for it some more!

DEEGEE, thank you for your uber sweet words. I hope you slept well honey!

MARCY, yay, you have kept your weight off for how long? Many congrats, keeping it off is huge most people don't so huge kudos!!!!! You and Marty look great!
36.gif

VIP, woweee, you look great and super adorable! You can tell in your face; great job for the 15lbs, you are tiny!!!
36.gif

SDL, you posted a before and after pic awhile ago and there is a BIG difference, you don't have much to lose. hugs

TLH, I do feel better, thank you. YAY FOR BEANS, we can do a bean cheer. hehe eeek to bridzilla friend; I think we all go through that. Maybe mix her a few drinks when you get there.
2.gif
hehe YAAAAy for a great awesome run, you super star!!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! Everyone looks so great!!

Ted - One girl at work supposedly lost 45 pounds in a month and a half using high protein syrup she purchased from a website, while it has taken me 6 months. Of course everyone wants to do what she did! She did lose a lot, and it seemed like overnight, but I''m wondering if she had lap-band surgery or something like that and she''s not sharing that info. She seems to be eating whatever she wants, and I know she doesn''t exercise. I think it''s sad that we''re having trouble getting 10 people to sign up for another 12-week series of Weight Watchers at Work, but a bunch of people have ordered that protein syrup.

Marcy - You''re the Queen of the Mall!!!! I''m not a good shopper. I ordered 2 tops from Eddie Bauer that came in today (yay!), but I''m no good at going to the mall. Matt has offered to take me on a shopping trip on Friday (Saturday''s a no-go because of football), so I may take off work and go. After cleaning out my closet over the weekend, I discovered that I truly have no winter clothes and I need clothes for our upcoming trip, too. You look absolutely amazing, lady!! Have you ever contacted the Today show about the joy fit club? I love reading those stories. I almost bought a box of low-fat brownie mix, but I know I''ll eat the whole pan. I looooove brownies. Yummy fudgy ones.

vip - you look great! I keep changing my goal, and I have bought clothes in a couple different sizes while I''ve been losing. I really don''t want to lose that much more, but I am still a little afraid to buy a bunch of stuff. I can''t believe how many sizes I''ve gone down! Congrats!!

SDL - Good luck on your modified Atkins plan! Great that hubby''s going to be on it with you. That helps! Hubby and I were in San Diego last year (for the first time), and hubby calls it the "city that doesn''t want us there because there''s no parking." We ended up going to that mall (can''t remember the name of it, downtown though) and couldn''t figure out which vegetable or fruit garage we parked in! We were there kind of late in the day though.

dragonfly - sorry you''re still feeling yucky. Get well soon!

tlh - Have a great time at your friend''s wedding. Sorry she''s freaking out! That''s why I had a teeny tiny wedding with immediate family only, as in fewer than 30 people. I would have eloped if my MIL hadn''t been such a doodie-head about it. (If I''d have know that she was ALWAYS a doodie-head, I would have told her to cram it and eloped anyway.)

skippy - I hope your garage doors went in without a hitch! Isn''t it funny what homeowners get excited about? We''re planning to fence our back yard for Lily, and we''re all excited about the fence guy coming to give us an estimate. Is your trip to Florida for fun? We''re heading to Orlando in November. Even though half of the trip is for work, I''m excited just to get away!

rod - Hi! Glad to hear you had a good trip, and I''m sure your parents appreciated the help. It''s hard watching your loved ones growing old. My parents are in their late 70''s, and my granny is 97. She lived on her own until she was 90, and then went to live with my aunt. A 3-hour workout? Holy smokies!!! They''d have to rush me to the hospital!

Today was weigh-in, and I have lost 45 pounds (5 pounds to goal). Yay! Since I can actually zip boots that come to the knee all the way to the knee now, hubby has encouraged me to find a pair I really like and buy them no matter what the cost. He''s lucky I''m out of my designer phase. The WW leader asked me to bring in a before picture, but I really can''t find one! I even looked through the folder of pictures at work from work events. I''m in there, but I''m ducking out of the picture. Shame on me! There seems to be no progress on hiring for my old job, so I''ve been doing my old job and my manager job for 3 weeks now and it''s wearing me out! It appears as those the lady who took my old job for 6 months stuck everything in drawers and files, so now I''m trying to figure out what the heck she''s done. We walked early tonight because it''s going to get down to 35 degrees. I need to ease myself into cold weather, and it''s coming on fast this year. Dinner was whole grain pasta with marinara sauce and salad (Matt had a side of Frito''s, as usual). I have skinless, boneless chicken out for tomorrow but I don''t quite know what to do with it. I''m getting so tired of chicken! Have a great Thursday everyone!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
SDL, you will do great honey knowing you; you are awesome!!!! Of course, we are friends; you always cheer me on, huge hugs!!

DEEGEE, yay for only being 5 lbs away from goal; you will be there in NO time
36.gif
36.gif
Awwww, you hubby sounds like the sweetest!! I love boots!
yes, we are meeting my FIL and SIL w/her family; I hope it is warm though. hehe Yay for Orlando!!! YAY YOU SKINNY MINNY
36.gif
36.gif
yay for your walk too!
I bet Lilly will love the fence. hehe Are home improvements great! i think I laughed so hard when Hubby and I gave ourselves for our anni one yr a automatic hose reel; we loved it, but it does make the home better somehow. So yay for home projects! hahaha

I didn't walk; I ended up vacuuming and dusting. Tomorrow the carpet cleaning guy comes so I cleaned up and picked up. The garage guy got the garage door a bit dented so they need to order a new section, oh well; it will all work out. hehehe I am eating a bowl of raspberries before I go to bed. Night night friends
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.The wind is blowing and the cold is moving in.Rats.I wanted to show my students the moon tonight but there was no way my little scope will do well in this wind.I should have taken the scope with me on Monday.

I had another LONG and hectic day at work.We are moving on offering 2 people a job so hopefully I can get them on the job in about 3 weeks; that would be nice.

Thank you all for the kind words about my photos.

Vip, I can really tell the difference.Congratulations on losing 15 pounds.You are very pretty.

San Diego Lady it is good to see you here.I know working hours like that can really wreck havoc with your body.Good luck with the Atkins diet.

Dragonfly, I hope you get better soon.I think I will have soup for supper tomorrow night.That sounds GREAT!LOL at telling Marty to smile.He basically has 3 poses in all the photos I have of him, his hand in front of his face, his tongue sticking out or one where he isn’t smiling.

Tlh, when I sing Marty teases me dogs are howling somewhere because of the noise.LOL.Sounds like you’ll have to speed up your speech or eliminate something.Good luck with your friend.Sounds like she is quite stressed.Did you see the Cake Boss where a bride didn’t like her cake and she ruined it?

Skippy, I so agree the before and after pictures are great.It is amazing to see everyone’s dramatic changes.Yay for the HLTers!I have had my weight off for 15 months now.It is a struggle every day to keep it from coming back.I swear when I walk by food it wants to jump on my hips.Glad to hear you are getting a new garage door opener.I hope your throat feels better.Have a blast in Florida!

Deegee, sounds like you do need to go shopping.I am a frequent shopper for sure.I was thinking of getting some boots too; I have some skirts but gave them away because they cut my legs in half and I didn’t like how they looked.I think boots would maybe getting me wearing a dress or skirt again.I have not contacted the Today show.I know Skippy suggested I do that too.I hope you can find a before photo.I would love to see a B&A photo of you too.Sounds like your weather is close to ours.I am setting here shivering right now but I am following Ted’s theory and trying to burn off a few calories before getting my sweats on.I am sure doing both jobs is getting old.Congratulations on losing 45 pounds and having only 5 more to go.How exciting!

36.gif

Done shivering – I am heading for my sweats.

35.gif

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ted......So I''m like old enough to be your dad and now I''m not sure I want to post any pics.............(yes I can say totally insecure........LOL), but then, I am 54 (almost 55) so I should be proud of the newer Rod. Here goes..............

The Pre-Rebuild Rod (taken about 4 years ago with my parents...........

Fat Rod.jpg

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And.......This is me now..............

Chest and Arm.JPG

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s a pic of me leaving the gym one night not too long ago. Pic''s a little grainy as it was taken on a friends cell phone.........

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s a pic of me leaving the gym after a workout..........it might be a bit grainy as this was taken by a friend on his cell phone.

Rod After Gym.jpg

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A pic of me and Charlie...........

Rod And Charlie.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, what an amazing difference! Congratulations on the new Rebuilt Rod. Woo hoo! You are Charlie are so cute.
36.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And finally my dear Skippy.............A pic of some crabs we had this weekend...........

Crabs2.JPG

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......It took me so much time getting pictures resized enough to post them, that I''ve run out of time for the night. It''s already after 11. I think everyone''s pics are great and Marcy, every single time I see the "amazing shrinking woman" I feel so proud of you!!! Marty looks great too!!

Hi vip0802........the smaller you pic definitely shows a significant difference!!

Hey Michele, it''s nice to see you and I''m sorry you''ve had difficulty with your weight. I''m sure it''s hard on your system working the graveyard shift. I''m sure you''ll get back to your pre 911 weight soon. Thanks for stopping in to see us. We miss you for sure........

Thanks tlh!!!

deegee, I would be suspect about the girl who claims to have lost so much weight using high protein syrup. Protein is good and does make one feel full, but I don''t see how it magically helps anyone lose pounds?? And people who do lose weight using weight loss drugs, etc., typically never keep the weight off. They tend to yo-yo up and down as they never really modify their eating habits long term. My brother is a good example. He goes on crash diet after crash diet. Loses lot''s of weight. Puts it back on faster than it came off and start the cycle all over again.

Oh my on the cold rolling in Marcy.........It was actually the first almost cool day we''ve had in months down here. It only got into the 80s today, with low humidity.......Woo Hoo. And thanks for the kind words on the pics I posted!

OK......I''m sure I''ve missed someone. Sorry if I did, but I must get some sleep now. Tomorrow''s a gym night for me, so my checkin will be short...........

Sleep well everyone........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I''ll take 80 over 30 any day of the week. Marty would love to see the crabs you ate this weekend. I hear many tales about dining out on all you can eat crab when he lived in Maryland.

I am SLEEPY so I am off to start getting ready for bed.
Take care.
35.gif

tap02150

Shiny_Rock
Rod, Id be super proud if i were you! I can only hope down the road to be as fit as you are! You are very inspirational! Keep up the great work! And sorry... it does look like i am the youngest of this group.. oh well=/

Deegee, yah something is up with losing 45 pounds in a month and 1/2. They say a healthy weight loss is 1-2 pounds per week. 45 pounds is like 1 pound a day! Everyone wants to cheat and not put in the hard work. Unfortunately, to see long term goals theres no magic button, or in this case pill/syrup. On a side note id LOVE to add:

losing weight shouldn''t be the end all goal/result. Being a healthier person overall is way more beneficial! A healthier heart, improved immune system, improved joints, improved self image, longer life expectancy, improved quality of life!!... i could go on forever. Keep these things in mind please my fellow HL PSers!

Skippy, Lindsey and I over the past three years have had the opportunity to take 3 cruises, one each summer. We have gone to Bermuda twice, Bahamas, St.Martin, St.Thomas, as well as Puerto Rico. Cruising is our favorite way to travel, its also the most cost effective ranging from just under 100 dollars a night.. guarantee you plenty of food, a place to sleep, transportation, lots of activities, and safety. Out of all the places we have traveled.. Bermuda is definitely our favorite! Hands down, nothing compared to the beaches of Horseshoe Bay. I''m going to load a picture for you after this reply!

Everyone else, thank you for the comments about my pictures.. I was hesitant to put them up as I had a hunch I might be the youngest one here =x I did enjoy putting a face to a name with most of you though.. and it was amazing to see the transformations from before and after shots!

Sleep well and enjoy tomorrow.. make it the best you can!

-Ted

tap02150

Shiny_Rock
AH BERMUDA!

4617_514925564293_141200079_30692993_4166742_n.jpg

tap02150

Shiny_Rock
ANYONE ELSE GOING ON A VACATION IN THEIR MIND RIGHT NOW?!! LOL

4617_514925554313_141200079_30692991_7512567_n.jpg

tap02150

Shiny_Rock
OH and PS, I save up all summer lifeguarding to pay for these trips with Lindsey.. also helps that my mom is a travel agent! ;-)

4617_514925514393_141200079_30692983_1087345_n.jpg

tap02150

Shiny_Rock
Good morning everyone! This is what I want you to do quickly. After reading these directions, close your eyes... picture yourself on the pink, soft, sandy beaches of Bermuda. Picture yourself in your most ideal and healthy state. Picture the perfect and healthy you. Sun golden tan? Cute little bathing suit (maybe a speedo for you rod? lol ;-) ). Vision your toes in the sand. The warm air starting to create little sexy sweat drops.. the cool breeze cooling you off. The birds in the air, the laughter of children playing. A nice cold drink in your hand. Describe to yourself how you look. What changes are there to your body? Once again, go back to that perfect, healthy, idea you!

I want you guys to use this as motivation! Everyday! To help make little and big decisions to help you get to your goals! This is the ultimate goal, keep this in mind everyday to help you! You can do this, you will do this!

-Good luck, and can''t wait for Friday guys! =)

P.S. I went to the gym today, afterwards I asked Lindsey if she thought I was getting bigger (my goals are to gain muscle). She told me the only getting bigger is my head =x lol. Ladies always have a way at keeping us in line
33.gif
lol

-Ted

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results