shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 23rd November till 29th November

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, I am glad you have beautiful weather today too. It was a great day for a walk. My nephew''s are 5, 7 and 11. The 5 year old is the live wire. He is a very happy little boy who is interested in everyone and everything.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good evening! Sounds like everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.

Rod - your day sounds wonderful! Glad you had a relaxing day, and I can''t imagine eating outside in November! It topped out at 40 here today. BRRRRR. I''m avoiding all stores tomorrow too. On our way to mom''s house today at 2pm we passed the mall, and people had already set up their tents at Best Buy. Crazy!

marcy - are you working all day tomorrow? My little sis is working tomorrow, but the rest of us have the day off. Yay! I brought work home with me Tuesday night, but I haven''t touched it. Good intentions count, right? I would love to get rid of the sectional in the family room because it''s ugly, but it is sooo comfortable. That''s cute about your nephew and the car! Kids are just too precious.

Skippy - glad you had a great day and were able to get out and walk. I''ll have to check out that movie. I love watching animated movies, especially if there are lots of kids in the theater. I love to hear their reactions! My family eats very healthy, so we didn''t rich foods for dinner and I actually stayed within my points. There were baaaad desserts, but sweets don''t appeal to me too much anymore so I didn''t eat any. Matt, on the other hand, ate a piece of each kind of pie and brought home a big plate of brownies and cookies. That boy...

My dad is doing great. He''s had a bunch of surgeries the past few years and he didn''t even have his prescription for pain medicine filled this time. He''s just taking advil for pain...he''s tough! We had a great day shopping with the girls and then stayed up until 4am when we got home. I''m going to sleep well tonight! The girls convinced me to buy a skirt that comes above my knees with a pair of tall boots. I don''t wear skirts, let alone one that comes above my knees!! I''m 5''9, and there''s too much space between the bottom of my skirt and the top of the boots. I may get brave and wear it to the Christmas concert on Saturday, but we''ll see. I got lots of stuff at Eddie Bauer, and was shocked to discover that I wear a size 6 pants/skirts! I thought it might just be there, but all the pants I tried on at different stores were size 6 so I was super excited! Tops and sweaters are a size medium, and they''ll never be smaller than a medium, but that''s way better than the XL/2X I was buying before! Yay for new clothes in smaller sizes!!!! I got a little irked at Matt for announcing at the Thanksgiving dinner table what size I bought. I guess he''s really proud of me, but I come from a tall, skinny family and I''m still the heaviest of my sisters and mom. He wasn''t trying to upset me so I''m not going to be upset, but gosh! Men can be so clueless! Have a great day tomorrow everyone, and be careful if you go shopping!!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
skippy- your thanksgiving sounds yummy. Hope the baklava turns out terriffic! Glad you enjoyed the movie!

Rod- your green beans sound delish! Glad you got a great workout in! Take care of that back of yours - don''t try to push yourself too hard. Once a runner always a runner a heart, and runners are some of the stubbornest people out there! Glad you didn''t run, and just take it easy. Running is just a different way to see the world and life.. you can do the same walking - it just takes a different approach to seeing the world... what a beautiful day for a walk! I like you will also be avoidng the malls and all the crazies!

marcy- I like susan boyle, I think she''d make a fine xmas cd! yummy, I''ve not had a cheeseball in ages! So Marty''s lookig for a couch on black friday! WOWZERS! He is spirited! I like the magic finger car start! That is too cool!

deegee- I''m so glad to hear your dad is doing well! and sexy lady, you need to show off your skinny legs. Grab that confidence out of you, and wear it on ya!!! Oh man, men do put their feet in their mouths sometimes.. and don''t realize that things we are proud of sometimes need to be taylored to an audience. Ha! Although to be honest, it could be helpful for family members taht wanted to buy you new outfits for xmas! So that is pretty sweet. Puff out your chest proudly. You are NOW A MEDIUM WHOOP WHOOP! Life is too short to compare yourself to others, even blood relatives. TRUST ME. It only leads to misery. Sometimes you need to embrace what you''ve got - and find the perks in those things. HUGS ( i do understand.. COMPLETELY!)

HAPPY DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING ALL. The run yesterday was HOT. It was 20* hotter at the start of the race than at my front door when I left. YUK! But it was a fun race. Hubs and I ran it - and afterwards ran to mcdonalds and got breakfast. There was this lady in front of me who was ordering really slow. I''m not talking any normal slow, I''m talking it took her over 6 minutes to get her order in. IT DROVE ME NUTS. Normally I wouldnt care, but it was 10:37 and breakfast ends at 10:30 - so all I could think was... if she takes so long I miss the cut off, I''m gonna scream! During her order they changed the menu, and I asked if I could still order breakfast, and they said yes, and I was sooo happy! Then we got home made our dinner, and had some fun. It was super relaxing, and just nice overall. The hubs didn''t have to work today, so he polished off a bottle of wine throughout the day yesterday.

"Linus Van Pelt: Charlie Brown, you''re the only person I know who can take a wonderful season like Christmas and turn it into a problem. Maybe Lucy''s right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you''re the Charlie Browniest. "
A Charlie Brown Christmas

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Happy day after thanksgiving everyone!!!

I had to work a half day today, so I came back in time to have lunch with my dad. My sis is MIA, so Dad''s taking a nap while I try to find her. Call & text to her, her crackberry and her boyfriend. Hopefully I''ll find her. I spoke to my mom for a while today, she''s doing OK. She''s a little worried about my dad, there could be could be a medical thing with him. She''s worried and wants him to get checked out, and he won''t listen and thinks there''s nothing wrong, so it''s tough. My mom and I think that we''ll suggest she and my dad get evaluated together so my dad''s not being singled out, hopefully that''ll work. I''m sure it''s something minor, but y''know how dads are: they never want to go to the doctor, so...
20.gif

CJ awesome with your super workouts!

TLH, your race sounded fantastic. :) and what a nice relaxing day afterwards too. :)

DG, I''m so glad your dad''s doing well. Very sweet he called you. Yay for shopping!I''m with you about short skirts, but I''m sure you''ll look smokin'' at your Christmas concert

Marcy, I''m hoping your weather''s holding. It rained, rained, rained all yesteday. Today''s it''s sunny but very crisp.
7.gif
Your nephew sounds hilarious. You''re a crazy lady to brave the Black Friday shopping crowds... Hope you guys find a nice couch you like.

Skip, yay for your Thanksgiving. Sounds like you did a great job on the eats. You''re right thank goodness Thanksgiving is just once a year. :)

Rod, your dinner sounded wonderful. I love that you had dinner on your terrace. I''d LOVE a terrace, I told James we need a roof deck or a large terrace in our next place. We have funny wish lists like for our pie in the sky next house. Enjoy your weather for me :)

SS, Funny what you said about your cravings. I''m glad your appt went well. Good you got the go ahead from your doctor about the cardio. Sounds like an awesome plan.

I think I''m going to try to hit Bikram this weekend. Sis and I decided we''re going to start back up with the trainer Dec 1st. He''s going to be so mad, mad, mad at us for falling off the wagon. (YAY! Found sister again!)

~Lisa

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends! Well my sister wanted to go shopping this morning but then she called me at 10pm last night to say she was too tired (which is understandable since she made the main course and she has a little baby and my nephew) so I said okay I completely understand and to get some rest. Well I planned on not going shopping but I woke up at 5am for some reason and just thought what the heck and got dressed and headed to the mall. I got a spot at the last row before you got to the further out parking so it was a bit of walk still. I found clothes from my BIL, and the nephews so I am done w/all my nephews shopping, yay!!!! OMGoodness, I love shopping for babies; baby clothes is the CUTEST!
face23.gif
hehe Then I got hope and took a nap!
24.gif
Oh and I am so bad; i get super excited about presents and couldn't help it and gave my hubby one of his gifts early! hehe

Hubby and I just got back from a nice walk; it is again 60 degrees and beautiful outside. You would think it is a spring day as it is sunny and the grass is still green, weird.

Sounds like everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving w/family!!!
35.gif
I am making chicken and three bean veggie soup for dinner; I think this will be a good light detox from all the heavier carbs yesterday! I am going to pick up so pineapple too, yum!!!

**** quick note on the Fantastic Mr. Fox. Anyone seen Royal Tennebaum? It is by the same writer (Wes Anderson) so it is similar to that kind of humor; it is sort of kid friendly but more adult like; I actually loved it. *****

MARCY, your 2 oldest nephews are the same age of my hubby's nephews and then my sisters are little 3 and 2 mo. I bet they all are so much fun! hehe

DEEGEE, woman you are tiny; size 6!!!!! That is awesome!!!
36.gif
I wish my family did healthy stuff; I love when they do veggies rather than mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes. last year I brought my own sweet potato and it was great and the green beans but I didn't realize it would be so carby; oh well, live and learn even though we did have a nice salad. That is great you had a healthy day and in your points, woohooo, you are awesome!! I do Christmas at my house so it will for sure be WW friendly.
9.gif
2.gif
hhee lol about your hubby! Wow super awesome for not eating any desserts, I am impressed!!! Oh that is great news about your dad; he sounds like a special guy. Prayers for a speedy recovery. Yay for hanging w/the nieces; you sound like a fabulous aunt!!! Aw, you hubby was sweet; he is proud of you!!!

TLH, YAY for an awesome run!!! You seriously are an inspiration w/all your uber runs
36.gif
hehe I watched Charlie Brown last night! Yay for a nice relaxing Thanksgiving

LISA, hope your dad is okay, prayers outgoing. Hope you catch up w/your sister too. oh my gosh I am glad thanksgiving is once a year. hehe Yay for yoga! yay for finding your sis. hehehe

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......Charlie had to be up early for work, but not me. I slept till 9 AM!! I had a bowl of fresh fruit and coffee and that was it until dinner. I did pretty much nothing today. I went to Blockbuster and rented Four Christmases with Vince Vaughn and Reese Witherspoon. It will become a Christmas Classic for sure. If you haven''t seen it yet, I highly recommend it. Dinner was Thanksgiving leftovers. I''ll probably have a turkey sandwich for lunch tomorrow, then rest becomes turkey vegetable noodle soup. I was cold (well cold for Tampa) today. The high didn''t get above 65, and tonight it''s going down into the 40s........brrrrrrrrrrr. If Charlie has to work the afternoon tomorrow, I will probably have another quiet day. If he get''s off early, we''ll go to the gym. Otherwise, we''ll do the gym on Sunday. We''ll have sushi tomorrow night.

I''m sorry for not writing everyone individually, but I''m in the middle of a little project for work and need to finish up. I read every post though, so I''m glad you all had a nice Thanksgiving!!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! Here it is 2:45 in the morning and I''m wide awake. A few days off really messes up my schedule!

tlh - ugh! It does sound like you do understand! I have always been the heaviest in my family, but I keep telling myself that I have a completely different bone structure and shape than my sisters. I think my parents found me at the side of the road somewhere cuz I just don''t seem to fit in. I''d have been ticked if the slow lady made me miss breakfast too. Glad you had fun at your race!

Lisa - glad you found your MIA sister! I hope all is well with your dad, and good luck to you and your mom to get him to the doctor. Good luck with the trainer when you get started back up. Hopefully he won''t be too hard on you!

Hi Skippy! Gosh, I can''t believe you braved the mall! I try to steer clear of all stores on Black Friday, but we had to make a last minute run to Target for cat food and black tights for me to wear with my skirt tomorrow (if I get brave enough!). There was practically no one there, but the store looked pretty wiped out. I had to dig to find the tights! That''s funny that you gave your hubby a gift early. Last year hubby and I just weren''t in the Christmas mood so we didn''t buy each other anything. This year we decided we aren''t going to do that again. It was no fun!

rod - It''s funny you mentioned that movie. As I was leaving my mom & dad''s house on Thanksgiving, I noticed it on the kitchen table. I almost borrowed it, but left it there. I''ll have to get it next time. Glad you got to sleep in and have a do-nothing day!

Matt and I had planned to THINK today about how we''re going to decorate for Christmas this year, but we didn''t even get that done! We had a slacker football/hang out with the animals day. We met a friend for dinner at a sports bar to watch the WVU game. If she hadn''t called, we would have spent the entire day in our jammies! We''re leaving in about 7 hours for Charlotte, so I really need to get my rear in bed. I''m going to be one unhappy camper when that alarm goes off in a few hours!! We walked 3 miles tonight in the frigid 20 degree weather and I still haven''t warmed up. Matt and I have sworn off our laptops for the trip, so have a great weekend everyone and see you next week!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends; I rented Up and Rod now you have me wanting to watch 4 Christmas. I think I will watch tonight; I never made soup, I had chicken and veggies instead so I will make the soup tonight. I will be going for a walk as it is suppose to be in the 40's tomorrow. Have a wonderful Saturday!!! I just finished cleaning like a crazy woman (mopped, cleaned the kitchen, bathrooms) and our house smells so yummy!!! hehe

ROD, did Charlie have a super busy day with all the shoppers? yay for sleeping in; I slept in this morning too!!! Yay for sushi tonight!!! don't work to hard honey.

DEEGEE, oh I don't usually brave the mall; it has been YEARS! I just couldn't sleep so I thought why not. lol I probably won't do it next year. hehe YAY rock that skirt!!! I bet you look fabulous tonight!!! Oh I went to Target last night too and it wasn't bad at all; I need to get a few pantry things so I thought I would drive by and if the lot looked full I would keep driving but it wasn't and I happened to score some megablocks in the process. hehe Enjoy your weekend w/your dear hubby. Wowzers for your walk in 20 degrees, woohoo!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.....It was another quiet day for me. Poor Charlie had to be at work at 8 AM and he thought he''d be off at 1, but then needed him to work till 5. So, the gym was put off till tomorrow and I just did some errands and rested. We met for sushi when he got off. I guess people are still eating leftovers because whe got there around 5:30 and the restaurant should have been crowded, but we were the only ones there. Still, it was good. After dinner we got all the things we need to make turkey soup and I started the soup. Just the stock tonight. Tomorrow I''ll finish if off with loads of veggies and at the very end egg noodles. I make a very hearty turkey soup. We finished off the pumpkin pie tonight. It really was great this year. We''re going to the gym tomorrow. I can''t believe the 4 days are almost over......... :(

Deegee, I hate it when I''m wake in the wee hours of the morning. I hope you got back to sleep. You should definitely borrow the movie from your folks! Have a good trip to Charlotte.

I hope you enjoyed UP Skippy. YAY for a nice clean house. Charlie said it was busy, but not like it would be at the Malls this time of year. Restoration Hardware is located in an outdoor shopping area, called Old Hyde Park, which is where our gym is located. It''s a charming area, but it''s not as busy as the big Malls.

I hope everyone had a nice Saturday. Sad to say that tomorrow is the end of this Holiday weekend.........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone!I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.Yesterday I worked until 3 pm then Marty and I headed south to look at couches and for desks.Marty was also looking for a 26” computer monitor.We got home about 10 pm.Marty couldn’t find his computer monitor anywhere so he ordered one online last night.I had fun playing with the 10” mini laptops – in pink of course.

Today we had breakfast at home then went to look at couches here in town.We ended up getting a couch and love seat off the showroom floor.We were going to order it in a different fabric but that cost about $500 more.They will deliver it on Monday.I am kind of having buyer’s remorse worrying the color is too light or we spent too much money but that is what I always do when I spend money.I was driving Marty crazy with it when we were eating supper.I am sure I’ll like it when it gets here.

Deegee, camping out in the cold to go shopping?Not me!Crazy.Glad your sectional is comfy.Ours isn’t ugly but I hate about ½ of the spots on it.I kind of feel bad just having them haul it away when I am sure there are people who can use it but it would be hard on short notice to find someone to take it.That is awesome your dad is going so well.Congratulations on being in size 6 clothes, Skinny Lady.

36.gif
I think it is sweet that Matt wanted to “brag”about you to the family.I was always the biggest person in my family too.Ugh to being up in the middle of the night.Have fun in Charlotte.

Tlh, Marty is from the DC area so the shopping crowds in Wyoming are nothing to him.Of course they are awful to me.I actually went to Kohl’s at 7 on Friday and waited in one line for 20 minutes with a number then the lady who say me take the number told me that line was only for people purchasing jewelry.I was buying silverware and jeans.Since the other line was halfway around the store I put down my stuff and left.If she had told me that in the beginning I would have gladly waited in the other line.I am glad you were able to get breakfast at McDonalds; it sounds like the race went great.Thanks for the wise advice to Deegee, we can only drive ourselves crazy comparing ourselves to others.

Lisa, I hate to hear your dad might have a medical problem.My dad (and myself) are always reluctant to go to the doctor too.I am sure your trainer will be glad to see you and your sister again.

Skippy, sounds like you sure had fun shopping.I need to get started on my shopping list too.How wonderful you had some lovely weather there so you and your husband could go for a walk.Let us know if Up is good.They had it on at Sam’s today.

Rod, thank you for the movie recommendation.I see it is on PPV so will have to rent it.

Take care.

35.gif

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is 11:53 am and I am still in my jammies. D''oh!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Up was good; I saw it in the theater w/my nephew so it was my hubby wanted to rent it, but it is cute! I saw Four Christmases too; I have no idea why but I am not a fan of Vince Vaughn. Reece Witherspoon is always super cute and did a good job in that movie!

Hubby and I are going on a long nature walk down by the river (maybe 1 hr or longer) it should be nice.
21.gif
Then I rented up My Life in Ruins (same lady as in my Big Fat Greek Wedding); I heard it is cute.

ROD hope you and Charlie have a super workout! My SIL is in retail and she said it wasn't as nutty as last year in her department. Oh yum to your soup; it sounds fabulous!!!

MARCY, yay for being in your PJ's! Ugh, for the number thing and only for jewelry; I have no patience for those kinds of lines so I don't blame you for leaving. How frustrating; I guess I was lucky because the 3 lines I was in there were no people or 1 or 2 people, but then again I was there at 5:30am so I can just imagine what 7am was like. Yay for a new sofa; I bet it will be great! Enjoy your day relaxing!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hubby and I went for a super long walk 1 hr 40 mins; it was pretty cold 44 degrees but the views on the river were nice and it was quite peaceful! I can''t believe it is already going to be December
6.gif
! Crazy; I just have 1 more gift to get and I am DONE, wooohooo, it feels good! Happy Sunday night friends!!!
35.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......We had really nice Sunday. It warmed up enough for us to have breakfast on the terrace. It was just beautiful, so we lounged out there for a long time. I finished making the turkey soup this morning, so it would be ready when we got home this evening. We reorganized our storage unit, so Christmas is up front and we can start bringing Christmas stuff out. We had lunch at Panera, then coffee under the oak. It was the most beautiful afternoon one could imagine. We finally made it to the gym around 3 PM. We both had really strong workouts. And my run on the elliptical at the end was perhaps the best I've had in months. There was absolutley no pain in my leg or tingling in my toes. It was fun. At one point I looked at my speed and I was going 12 miles per hour........My turkey soup was more like a turkey stew. With all the vegetables and noodles, it was so thick and filling. Charlie said it was much better than last year's soup, but to mee it was much the same, only more dense (if that makes sense). I made enough to freeze several containers. We'll be able to have turkey stew for some time to come. Back to work tomorrow...........boo hoo.

Marcy, I'm sure the new couch and love seat will be beautiful. It's normal to have buyer's remorse. Woo Hoo for still being in PJ's at noon!! Did you know that Charlie and I are both from the DC area? Instead of having the furniture people take the old couch, why don't you call either Purple Heart or Salvation Army and they'd pick it up, you'd get a charity write-off and someone would benefit from your donation. Just a suggestion.........

Skippy, I'm not a Vince Vaughn fan either, but somehow I actually kind of liked him in this movie. Good for you taking such a long walk in the cold. We used to walk in the snow when we lived up norrth. I twas peaceful and probably the only time I liked snow (except when I was a kid and we got a snow day from school). Lucky you, having bought almost all your gifts. We're having a very modest holiday here so we haven't bought anything yet.

I hope everyone had a great Holiday weekend. And I hope the new week is good.........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone!I mostly worked on laundry today.We went to Lowes and got wood for Marty to build a computer desk.Poor guy cut of the tip of his finger tonight.It is bleeding quite a bit.There really isn’t anything to sew up though.It’s his right index finger.

Skippy, you certainly are catching up on movies this weekend.I like Reese Witherspoon movies too.I finished the WWII series about 20 minutes ago.I am very excited for new furniture tomorrow.Marty is setting on the couch right now with sawdust all over him from his desk.I told him it was okay tonight but tomorrow night is another story.I walked around the house tonight and Lowes this afternoon.It was too chilly to be outside.How exciting to be so close to finishing Christmas shopping.I bought some presents this weekend.We draw names for adults so I only have 2 to buy for my family.We get the kids something (under 18) and we get things for our nieces still in college.Marty’s folks usually send us a check and so that is what I do for them.I need to get busy on my annual Christmas poem.My nephews wanted Star Wars Lego watches so I ordered them this afternoon.

Rod, your turkey soup sounds divine.How wonderful your leg didn’t bother you after a good round on the elliptical.I frequently suffer from buyer’s remorse especially when it so seriously depleted our checking account right before Christmas and a visit for both of us to the eye doctor.I know I will enjoy the new furniture though.The place we bought the furniture from will take your old furniture with them and he said they donate things in good condition to Meals on Wheels.The sectional is honestly in great shape so I am sure they will donate it somewhere.I actually don’t need any more receipts for donations; we have a ton of them from cleaning out Marty’s grandma’s house.Otherwise, I would try and get a receipt for the couch.Yes, I remember you and Charlie are from the D.C. area. All the great guys are from there.

9.gif

Well, I should get ready for bed. See you in next week''s thread.

Marcy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results