shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 23rd June till 29th June

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday all!

I did something with a client this morning that should have taken 1/2 hour but took 3-1/2 hours instead (
20.gif
) and I had kind of lost my motivation to work out while all that was going on, but fortunately I found a llittle extra umph when I got home and I did 15 mins on the elliptical and 45 mins on the treadmill.

Yah Coatie!!!

Hello Tacori!
35.gif

Off to get ready. The wedding starts in 4-1/2 hours and I haven''t even had a shower yet today!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2008 8:36:31 PM
Author: coatimundi
Happy Friday!

Did a half hour on the treadmill, and...Passed my diamond final! WooHOO!
9.gif

On to colored gems!

Have a great night everybody!
35.gif
yayy.gif
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/28/2008 12:56:05 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Hello all! I am finally ready to join *looks around nervously*. I am at my breaking point so to speak. I really need to lose my baby weight!!! I gained 50+ lbs. She is almost 8 months and I still have 10 lbs to go (though ideally I want to lose 15 lbs to be at my wedding weight). Might not sound like a lot but at 5'1' it makes a difference. I just feel so depressed about it. I have been going to the gym 3x a week for the past few weeks. Now it is time to work on my diet. My SIL is on WW and loves it. She has convinced me to keeping a food journal. So I will take in all of your advice. I am so impressed with everyone's weight loss!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
You are all an inspiration!
Tacori, it is great to have you join us!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Yippee!!!! You have done so well, I know the last few pounds can be difficult, but you WILL do it! What is your routine at the gym?

* perks ears* did Kimmy mention carrot cake??
3.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Took the lazy way to a clean car and went to a car wash (The Auto Spa - Sounds So Pampered!). There's a young man who just loves my BMW and he always does the wipe down on my car and does such a terrific job. It's nice to have my shiny sparkling car again. Clean cars run better, don't you think?? I think they know........LOL

I didn't make it to the gym. I decided I had worked out so hard last week and I was still sore this morning in my arms, so I think a day of extra rest will help me. We'll both be in the gym for a good 3 hour workout tomorrow afternoon.

Hey Hey Hey Tacori!!! It's nice to see you here. I don't hang out on the other threads these days, just the Healthier Lifestyle Thread. We're a very supportive family over here, so I hope you stick around!! Sounds like you're getting a good routine of working out. For some of us (like me and Mara) we didn't start losing weight immediately after starting to work out. The body fights pretty hard to keep the weight on. So, don't be discouraged about that. And certainly don't be nervous about joining us. We're glad to have you!!

I'm sorry it's still smoky there Linda. I'm sure it's making it more difficult with your asthma for sure. Come on over to Tampa. We've got lot's of fresh salt air!!
35.gif

We used to enjoy having breakfast for dinner once in a while Lorelei. Hmmmm, an omelette sounds good!!

I hope you burned hundreds and hundreds of calories walking around the jewelery district Coat!!

Wow, that dinner sounded fantastic Apple. I love cherries and they have certainly been really good this year!!

I'm glad you were able to enjoy that wonderful sounding dinner outside Skippy! Enjoy your gelato and then go walk those calories off. Have fun with the dog, but alas, you'll have to give Trevor back. Sorry........

A seafood buffet is absolutely up my alley Kimberly. I'm glad you at least enjoyed it. LOL about having Carrot Cake once in a while!!! How thoughtful of you to make lasagna for your friend. I hope your friends son is getting better.......

Enjoy the wedding tonight DeeJay!

Yep, she did Lorelei!!!

Charlie get's off work in about 20 minutes. He'll come home and change and then we'll head out for dinner. I hope everyone's enjoying a nice Saturday.

CYA Later!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I am at my last day of school. Marty is home getting the final things packed for our trip. We are taking off in the morning. I gained 2/10 of a pound back so now I have ½ pound to go. Rats. Of course there is always my morning weigh in before we hit the road. Send PS dust my way please - I''d love to reach my goal before going on vacation.
Bee, it sounds like you are keeping very busy. Enjoy the new furniture.
Rod, rats for Charlie being called in to work today. That is the curse of retail hours. I hope that last bit of weight does melt off me. It sure keeps me motivated anyway.
Lorelei, a cheese omelet sounds great. My FIL and Marty had omelets at BF today. They looked great. I ate a few pieces of French toast (very little butter and syrup) and a few bites of a scrambled egg.
Linda, rats for smoky air. Sorry to hear your asthma is not doing well with the fires.
Welcome Tacori E Ring. Congratulations on your baby – she is very cute. You are doing awesome on your weight loss so far. Keeping a journal is a great idea.
Coati, what a great way to burn some calories wandering around the jewelry district. Thanks for the cute “yay’s”.
Appletini, that’s nice your DH went on your walk with you. The cherry themed dinner sounds divine. Mmm cherry pie.
3.gif

Skippy, glad your hubby made it home okay. I worry a lot about Marty when he’s out and about. I can’t help myself. Have fun with Trevor. Thanks, I do have on my dangle earrings today. How rude of those people not to apologize. Some people!
29.gif

Kimi, I am glad your seafood buffet was pretty good after all. I am sure your friend will appreciate some homemade lasagna. I hope her son gets better.
DeeJay, yay for working out when you got home. Have a blast at the wedding.
Hi Ellen!
Well, I don’t know when I’ll post again – maybe tonight if I have time. I am taking my laptop on vacation because there is no way I want to get behind grading papers for a week.
Have a great Saturday.
35.gif

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, we are posting again at the same time.
1.gif
You and Charlie have a great time at dinner. I need to get my car clean too. I'll do that when we get home.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I am dustin'' like crazy for you! We will miss you while you are on vacation, unless you get the chance to check in of course ( hope you will!)
9.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes Marcy, we seem to do that a lot. Great Minds, is what I'm thinking!!
28.gif

I hope you and Marty have a wonderful trip. Sending PS Dust that your weigh-in tomorrow morning has you ahead of your goal. But honestly, do NOT deny yourself some indulgences while on vacation. That's what vacations are for, to treat yourself really well. Even if you add a pound or two while away, the Marcy Fat Melting Machine will be in full force once back home!! Just have fun and know we'll all be glad to have you back and hear about your adventures.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much Skippy, DeeJay, and Ellen!
35.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much for the warm welcome!!!
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif
I lost a majority of the weight in the first few months but haven''t lost any for the last few! I was hoping I would lose it easier (like my friends) but honestly I have only had the *energy* to deal with it this past month. Now I am just so annoyed and motivated to fit into my old clothes again! I would be so *HAPPY* with 1 lb a week loss.

My neighbor had twins a few months after me (she looks amazing!) so she is my gym buddy.

Monday = cardio (30 mins) and legs
Wednesday = cardio (30 mins) and arms
Friday = cardio (30 mins) and abs

We spend about 20-30 mins on weight machines.

How many calories should I eat in a day? This is the first time I have really dieted so I am not really sure how to do it. I am about to go on vacation for 2 weeks and am slightly scared. Luckily we will be with my ILs who are into WW. So hopefully there won''t be TOO many temptations. Also I am going to take lots of walks!

I am trying to motivate myself to walk 30 mins on the thread mill tonight...so tired though!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2008 6:55:46 PM

How many calories should I eat in a day? This is the first time I have really dieted so I am not really sure how to do it. I am about to go on vacation for 2 weeks and am slightly scared. Luckily we will be with my ILs who are into WW. So hopefully there won''t be TOO many temptations. Also I am going to take lots of walks!

I am trying to motivate myself to walk 30 mins on the thread mill tonight...so tired though!
check out sparkpeople.com and it should help you figure that out. Probably anywhere from 1400-1800; I guess it just depends on your level of activity and a few other things. Good for the workouts Miss Tacori!
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Coati, I missed the you "passed your final diamond exam" part of your post. CONGRATULATIONS!

Marcy, have a wonderful vacation!

Tacori, I second the www.sparkpeople.com recommendation for calorie counting. I'd say eat towards the high end of whatever range they give you, as it seems most of us who have used it have done so successfully. Calorie counting can be strange change in the way you think about food , for me it food has become fuel for healthy living with the occasional treat thrown in (okay, more than occasional, but I've found healthier ways to enjoy my treats).

Enjoy your dinner, Rod.

Thanks for all of your well wishes for A. He got a bug bite which developed into MRSA, an antibiotic-resistant staff infection. I don't know all of the details, but he had surgery on his knee two weeks ago and perhaps had another this past Thursday and has been stuck in the hospital for 2 weeks. Lasagna ain't nothing compared to what this family has been going through.

So I have a total girl crush on Jackie Warner from Bravo's Workout and I bought her new DVD today. I'm hoping it will help me progress in the toning department. John's making ribs and salad for dinner. Yum!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Skippy and Kim! I just joined SP! They are giving me a range of 1200-1550 a day. I think I will end today with 1300 (so not bad). I dragged my butt on the treadmill too so that brings me up to 120 mins this week on cardio.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2008 8:47:47 PM
Thanks Skippy and Kim! I just joined SP! They are giving me a range of 1200-1550 a day. I think I will end today with 1300 (so not bad). I dragged my butt on the treadmill too so that brings me up to 120 mins this week on cardio.
Awesome job, Tacori! I know how hard it can be sometimes, and life gets in the way, but you can do it! And I''m so glad you''ve joined this thread so I can see your little ones'' gorgeous face in your avatar, her picture makes me smile.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww...thanks Kim. I always kiss her goodbye when I go to the gym and tell her she is worth it.
30.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome sweet Tacori!!!
35.gif
You will love this place. Everyone is so helpful.

Marcy: Have a wonderful vacation, boy do I ever envy you.

Guess what??? THERE IS A LITTLE BLUE SKY OUT!!!
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
It is slowly clearing up this afternoon. I am doing a happy dance. We heard on TV, it is supposed to clear up this weekend. You can bet, I am going to stand outside and breathe fresh air for an hour, ha ha ha, plus we are all going for a long walk, Miss Mazie included. Even my little parrot, Taco needs some fresh air!!!

Coati: I would love to go for a walk with you and Gary, he is sooooooo darn adorable. I would love to smooch that little doggie face of his.

Kimberly, Skippy and Rod, thank you for thinking of me. I feel a bit better this afternoon, just have been resting this afternoon, so has Andrew. His asthma has been acting up too, poor little guy.

Have a great evening all.

Linda

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Linda, thank you! Glad you are feeling better. Enjoy your walk.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dinner was terrific. Our little diner makes the best homemade soups, so we both had this chicken and potato soup, but it had a spicy curry tone to it. It was just perfect. For my dinner, I had a fresh grouper fish sandwich and zuchini sticks. I just love their zuchini sticks and they serve them with a fresh remoulade sauce for dipping. Yummmo. We had FroYo for dessert, then coffee under the oak. It was a nice evening. Charlie has to work tomorrow morning, but he''s off at 2 and we''re going to have a light lunch, then hit the gym.

Tacori, I''m glad you joined Sparkpeople. It''s helped many of us. I agree with staying on the high end of the suggested calories. Don''t keep the calorie count too low. It can work against you, especially if you''re working out. The body is amazing and if it doesn''t get enough fuel, it thinks it''s being starved and slows the metabolism down to ensure calories aren''t burned. Many of us learned over time that eating more often actually helped us lose weight. It''s what you eat, how much, and how often that makes the difference. Smaller more frequent meals with an emphasis on fiber and protein really helps.

YAY for blue sky Linda. I''m sure you''ll all be so happy to be able to venture out for a walk and breath some non-smoke filled air!!

Have a nice Saturday night all........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, after I post this I will probably be packing up my laptop. I hope to check in on Monday evening sometime. The lady I teach for ordered in pizza for our class this afternoon so I had 2 small pieces. It sure tasted good. It wasn’t very greasy but sure had a lot of cheese on it. I am glad to be finished with the weekend class though. We are heading out first thing in the morning.
Lorelei, thanks for the dust! I will probably be able to check in at night this week. I am taking my laptop to keep up with my internet class.
Rod, LOL that great minds think alike! I like the "Marcy Fat Melting Machine"! Thanks. I do plan on enjoying my vacation including some treats but I won’t go crazy. I think we’ll have a blast! Your soup sounds great. I love chicken soup.
Tacori, I see Skippy and Kimi already recommended sparkpeople. They are great. Yay for having a gym buddy.
Kimi, thanks for the vacation wishes. I am very excited to go. What a bizarre thing to happen to your friend’s son. It sounds like a couple of rough weeks for them. I wish them the best and hope he has a quick recovery.
Linda, yay for blue sky. I hope you and Mazie get to go for a nice long walk. Take care of yourself and feel better soon. I hope you get to go camping soon. I think Marty will be kind of sad to see how little of food I am taking for us. Your cute grandsons would not be happy with my choice of snacks (fruit, raw veggies and 100 calorie snacks). I at least bought us some slow churned ice cream bars.
3.gif

So here is my June collage. I hope you are not getting sick of me posting them. The changes are not as dramatic as they used to be but I do see progress.
Take care and I hope to be checking in the week.
Marcy

June 08 Collage 2.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy,

You look FANTASTIC AND BEAUTIFUL. Again, I am so proud of you dear lady.

Where are you going camping?? Are you going with a group, or just you and Marty??

NO my grandson''s would not like your snacks, ha ha ha ha ha. The fruit they would like, but not raw veggies.

Have a wonderful time, my friend.

Linda

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Linda, thanks for the nice compliment. We are going to Glacier National Park. Just Marty and I are going. We figure with the price of gas we might be camping by ourselves. I am sure your grandson''s would not be pleased with my choice of snacks.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Got back from a 2.5 mile walk; it was nice, cool and cloudy. Sweet dreams all!

Rod, the diner sounds yummy and yay for a clean car. I need my car washed!

Marcy, have a safe trip; you look fabulous honey!!!! So tiny!
9.gif

Tacori, I agree Tessa is such a beautiful baby!!! We all love Tessa!

Kimi, yay for a new workout dvd!!! Prayers for your friends son.

Linda, glad the sky is blue, yay! Hope your grandson feels better soon; enjoy your walk

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy that sounds like a beautiful place. I''m sure you and Marty will have a wonderful time.

Skippy: We LOVED our walk. People are out walking tonight. Even the birds are out. LOL. Poor little things, even they haven''t been out because of the smoke. Tonight, they are out on our fence chirping away, bless their little birdie hearts
30.gif
Glad you enjoyed your walk too.

Night all.

Linda

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW MARCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I am in awe of your achievement, you are such an inspiration!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I gained weight!!!! I probably shouldn''t weigh myself daily since there is natural give or take anyways.

Rod, makes sense. I don''t want my metabolism to slow down!
38.gif
Sounds like you and Charlie had a great night!

Marcy, I am the type of person that needs to be pushed so having a friend go with me is vital! You should be so proud of yourself? How long did it take?

Skippy, you are sweet!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Always a fantastic collage Marcy!! I hope you have a fantastic time on your trip!!

I''m glad you had a really nice walk Skippy!!

How terrific you finally got outside Linda. I''m betting the birds were so happy to have some fresh air to breath too.

Monnie: ARE YOU OUT THERE?? We haven''t heard from you in a while and just wanted to know if you are OK?

Mara: You still lurking? It would be nice to hear from you too!

Tacorie, I believe the scale is an evil monster, which beckons us to stand on it and receive humilation - LOL So, I don''t often let it get me down. I used to permit the blasted thing to humiliate me daily. Sometimes more than once a day. The best rule for scale conistency is to pick a regular day and time (maybe once or twice a week) when you will become it''s victim. Remember that the body''s weight can fluctuate up or down by anywhere from 3 - 5 pounds daily. This is particualarly true for women, during that "special" time of the month when the body retains fluids. So, don''t let the evil scale monster get you down. Changes from one day to the next are rarely permanent.

Charlie had to get up early on a Sunday morning to be at the store by 8:30. I''m not used to having coffee and fruit with my coffee on the terrace all by myself. He''ll be off at 2 and we''re meeting at Sbucks for coffee, then heading to the gym. We''ll fix dinner at home, but don''t yet know what that will be.

I''m nervous about starting my new job tomorrow morning. After being off the last few months, it''s been really nice having the time to do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. Too bad I''m not independently wealthy which would allow me to continue this more carefree lifestyle.......LOL

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All!

Tacori, Hi, my name is Kimi and I am addicted to the scale, so I know what you''re going through, but I highly recommend you only weigh in once or twice a week at the same time of day, otherwise you''ll make yourself batty.

Rod, your dinner sounds yummy. You would have loved Seafood Soire, John ate a whole lobster.

Linda, so glad you''re seeing blue sky!

I''m in the middle of reading a great book, at some point I''m going to put it down, make use of my elliptical and break out the new DVD. I hate that while I love idea of being toned the process isn''t interesting to me and am hoping this will help.

We''re going to La Jolla this afternoon and out to dinner this evening.

I had my interview at the book store on Friday, and it sounded like she was going to offer me a position, but if she does I''m going to turn it down as it was all night shifts and I don''t think working from 9-1 and then 6-10, along with babysitting a few days a week would be good a good balance for me.

Have a wonderful day all.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod and Kim you both are so right! I weighed myself again and was almost a pound lighter than this morning!
33.gif
I think picking a time would be a good idea.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Morning all!!!!! Last night I walked with my cousin and then this morning I walked Trevor
emdog.gif
. This evening my cousin wants to walk again so I said sure.

It has cooled off which is sooooo NICE!!!!
emhot.gif
I love summertime; I bought a Mister Tea maker as my suntea container kept breaking so I can have iceed tea year round. hehe Hubby is making lentil soup (I don't eat it too often but might have a bowl for lunch since it is full of fiber). For dinner we probably will have thin slices of steak on spinach salad
3.gif

Oh I bought a piece of Red Velveet cake to try. I am glad I finally tasted it as I always wondering what it tasted like and once I had that taste I thought I don't have to eat this so in the trash it went. hehe

Marcy, we will miss you; have fun!! No way are we sick of seeing your pictures, they are very inspiring!!!
36.gif

Linda, you have me curious about how you took Taco for a walk???? Did you take Taco in your birdcage? hehe Glad the skies are blue and you had a wonderful walk!!

Rod, everytime I see a Starbucks I think of you and Mrs. Salvo, I saw one today and I thought Charlie and Rod love their coffee under the Oak tree. hehe You will do awesome at your new job; I can't wait to hear about it on Monday!!!! Sending a giant hug for a wonderful 1st day!
emhug.gif

Kimi, I love seafood like Rod; send some over here! hehe Enjoy your afternoon in La Jolla!!!

Tacori, I weigh everday but I don't record my official weight until Thursdays since our body's fluctuate so much. I do it 1st thing in the morning before I eat and drink so I get a somewhat true reading. hehe I know people can drive themselves nuts by the daily readings and they vary because of salt intake, bloating, drinking and eating so I agree w/the others say. hehe You will get there; I think small changes really help. It sounds like you are on track with your exercising and calorie counting. Also eat all your calories that you are suppose to or your body kicks into starvation mode and holds on to your weight. Also drink lots of water; it helps flush out stuff and also fiber. hehe
2.gif
Great job Miss Tacori!!!

Have a great Sunday all
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/29/2008 9:07:18 AM
So I gained weight!!!! I probably shouldn't weigh myself daily since there is natural give or take anyways.

Rod, makes sense. I don't want my metabolism to slow down!
38.gif
Sounds like you and Charlie had a great night!

Marcy, I am the type of person that needs to be pushed so having a friend go with me is vital! You should be so proud of yourself? How long did it take?

Skippy, you are sweet!
Tacori, don't worry too much. It is best to weigh once a week, same time, as the others have said - and same clothes also to monitor fat loss, otherwise you are just seeing natural fluctuations. Also it could be that your body is adjusting and you could be building muscle also, don't forget to check how your clothes are feeling, you could well be dropping inches!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results