shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 22nd June till 28th June

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all!

I was thinking back over the years to some of the workouts I used to do and remembered when the aerobics craze began in the early eighties. Some of you ladies might not be that familiar with it but this was a typical example of an advanced aerobic workout and '' go for the burn'' was the mantra! Things have moved on now considerably, going for the burn is NOT good as it can overstress the muscle when working out aerobically, however I believe the aerobics movement had its place in encouraging people of all ages and fitness levels to start working out, it brought fitness to the masses.

Here is a video you might enjoy featuring one of the aerobic pioneers, Jane Fonda. Note that they didn''t wear shoes which CAN''T be good with all that jumping around - don''t try this at home!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbYc8epvZ3I

Prior to the aerobics movement, ladies didn''t really workout or exercise much that I can recall. Yes dieting was big business, diet foods, wacky diet plans and so forth, but apart from hitting the odd tennis ball, horse riding, ballet and so on, ladies didn''t break a sweat. You might see the odd '' keep fit'' class here and there or exercise bike, but that was about all. The aerobics craze began to change that, a fun dance based tough workout which as the name implies was aerobic which also increased cardiovascular fitness as well as fat burning, muscle toning and so on. You might notice that the participants in the video all have a beautiful lean shape which this type of exercise helped to promote. Todays look is a bit more muscular for women. Aerobics was I believe a gateway that enabled men and women to add exercise into their lives which has to be a good thing. As with anything, the early aerobics weren''t perfect, after a while '' the burn'' was deemed undesirable and so on, but the main thing was it made exercise accessible and put the importance of working out and keeping fit on many people''s radar.

I have done many an aerobic video in my time when my back permitted over the years. Personally I always found the routines hard to follow and difficult to do as I my flexibility is not good ( which comes with scoliosis) so I much prefer machines such as my treddy, elliptical or just a brisk walk. I am also not a good class participant but for those who are to do workouts like today''s zumba, sometimes the class motivation is extremely useful not to mention effective.

Today it is so nice to have a choice over the type of exercise we do, there is almost always something to suit someone, no need to do something you don''t enjoy or you find too challenging. Enjoying what you do to a certain extent is critical if you are to stick with it and that is the key to success!

Have a great week
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great opener, Lorelei. I started doing the high impact jazzersize many years ago and within 2 weeks wound up at the orthopedic surgeon as I quickly realized there was something really wrong with my knees.

Have a wonderful and healthy day!
35.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Happy Monday ALL!!!
35.gif

Great opener as always Lorelei! Fitness has definitely changed over the years, I think we somehow need a new fitness revolution-as so many American children are very inactive and some sadly obese at such a young age(I believe they follow the example of their parents)! It is really too bad that many schools are cutting Physical Education classes for these young children!!! OK off my soap box!

Sorry for the absence, I had an achilles injury and subsequent tendinitis---today was my first real workout in weeks! ILUVCARATS made a suggestion in another thread about the Pure Barre workout-I do not live near an area that has classes to attend, so I purchased the DVD and did that today. It was awesome-kind of kicked my butt, but feel great right now :) Thanks ILUVCARATS!

Have a great week everyone!!!
21.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi friends; I lost 1.2 lbs at my weigh in. I only have to weigh in once a month on maintenance at Weight watchers.
Yesterday I went for a 75 min walk with my friend and then I mowed the lawn (I didn''t jog doing it as I was pooped from the walk, next time).

Today I might go for an early walk because hubby comes home and I need to pick him up from the airport
emoticon77.gif

Right now I will be hang out at the dealership my cars air conditioning is acting up and I rather wait there (they would give me a ride if I want) and I will read away from home distractions.
2.gif

LORELEI, I love that we have so many choices from yoga, pilates, intervals, spin, step, etc; great opening and lol to Jane!! eek to no shoes. My favorite is intervals I wish more places offered them.

MARCY ~ sorry about your mom you will probably have to go with her; we had to do something similar with my aunt, hugs.

STEPCUTNUT ~ beautiful stone in your avatar! ouch I hope your achilles and tendinitis gets better. Yay for an awesome workout!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Lisa- CONGRATS ON THE JOB!
Marcy - what a rough day! Hugs!
Lorelei - I still remember working out to PBS!
stepcutnut- congrats on your wokout! hope you''re 100% now.
skippy- great job walking, and I enjoyed the he;pful comments on the o. garden, THANKS!

Everyone else, hope your monday is fantastic!

I saw the hangover this weekend. HI-LAR-IOUS!!!! Soo frickin'' funny. That counted as 200 situps. I marked it down.
9.gif
So my Polar HR Mon''s battery died. I''m going to mail it off to get it repaired and it should only be $20 or so. I also ordered a new one as I am incredibly impatient. But I figure since my mom is working out and running, and she was thinking about buying one but didn''t know if she''d like it or not. So my thought is, I''d get a new battery in my old one and give it to her to try out. I got to talk to my bro- and he''s down a pound already! So I''m super excited for him! I charted out a few running loops in his neighborhood and he''s been running the 1.5 miler 2 times a day or doing his elliptical for 20 minutes in the morning and evening. I''m sooo excited. Other than that, things are good with me. I ran this morning but as I am watchless... I just ran for distance as I couldn''t measure time. The weird thing is, even though I have a calendar and a clock on my computer I feel all out of sorts w/o my watch on.

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Monday all! My trip was fun but I ate terribly!

Oh well. Last night DH and I made homemade veggie pizza with thin crust...yummy! Will have the leftovers for lunch. We also walked a million miles at the mall and some antique places, it was so fun! Then we rode our bikes to the grocery (but it was to buy beer, lol
20.gif
).

Not sure what we will do today, since we need to take the pups to the dog park.

I am going to start going to the gym in our complex at lunch (I work at home and it gets BORING!). I think I will start tomorrow since I have to run errands today.

I have decided to eat as healthy as I can but not stress, as I don''t think I have gained very much at all. I think I should give in and buy a scale so it isnt a guessing game. That always makes me feel like I have gained more than I actually have, which makes me stressed.

6 weeks or so before the wedding I will cut out white carbs/wheat, as well as processed sugar and alcohol. Just trying to de-puff a little! Still have awhile...good thing since this weekend is my bridal shower, complete with Tapas and Sangria!

I will be reading and popping in occasionally...hope everyone has a great week!
36.gif
35.gif

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelei Great opener but were you aware that Jane Fonda had a knee replacement last week? http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20285717,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

Skippy Go you- still loosing weight. I thought you''d got to goal though??

I''ve not been around for a few days. Had a work trip to London (lots and lots of walking), plus been at my mum''s discussing things with the wedding planner and looking at bathroom tiles. Wow, how exciting is my life?!?! Didn''t go to WW weigh in as I was having a facial. Will go next Saturday, I promise. I need to get back in the habit of working out my WW points and counting them. Although for the last week I have been thinking much healthier, I still haven''t been counting points and know I won''t have lost any weight. I''ve been trying to incorporate more complex starches (eg bulgar wheat instead of cous cous, oatcakes as snacks) to help me feel full for longer. It wasn''t helped by a Chinese on Saturday which had duck with the crispiest skin you have ever tasted.

I decided to get some basic home gym equipment for my DVDs- all I wanted was a set of 1kg weights, 1.5kg weights and a mat to lie on. Priced it all up and it worked out cheaper to get a set from Argos (cheapy shop in England) that had all the above, plus a mini-trampoline, skipping rope and stepper. It all cost £25! DF thinks I''ve gone crackers. I will never use the trampoline or the stepper.

Anyway ladies (and gents)- its a brand new week and good luck with another healthy week.

xxxx

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hello, all!

Lorelei~ Thank God we''ve got more options or I''d STILL be doing NOTHING!! It is funny to me though, that at one time women weren''t strong and it wasn''t considered feminine to be strong.

Marcy~ Oh no to jazzercising! I have a friend who tried it and ended up injured too.

stepcutnut~ First off, WOW to the stone in your avatar! Drool-worthy!! Sorry about your tendon and tendinitis but congrats on getting in a workout!! I hope you continue feeling better!

Skippy~ Now that you''re below your goal weight, I think we can officially begin calling you Skinny! I still laugh though when I think about you jog-mowing! I bet it''s pretty hot right now, too.

lliang~ Congratulations!! How is your wrist doing these days?

tlh~ I completely understand the "lost" feeling when watchless! If we get to count belly-laughs for sit-ups, I''m HAPPY!! All I need to do is go rent a few movies and get rock hard abs!!

Miscka~Glad you had fun on your trip! Hope you have a great shower! They''re so much fun!

Sapphire~ Yay for workout supplies!

I''ve been kicking yoga''s butt! I''ve had some really good workouts lately. During the first program I do it alone, but then I''ve been doing a second and letting JT join me. There''s usually more laughing in the second one than anything else, but it''s fun. We went to the zoo on Saturday with DH''s parents and JT outwalked everyone with me. We''ve tried playing outside this morning but it''s just too hot. It''s currently 99 degrees! Yesterday I at a bunch of junk and thoroughly enjoyed it. Today a turkey sammie for lunch and maybe spaghetti for supper. That''s all from me.

Have a great day!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone. I''m back from the land of the lost. Actually, we went on vacation for 8 days. We walked, we hiked, we kayaked, we ate fish and I still managed to gain another two pounds. Drats! I''m sure it will fall right off, but those other lbs. are still clinging to me so I''m a bit bummed. Used the elliptical today, gonig hiking with some friends tomorrow morning, bright and early. Summer school starts next week, so I''m getting in all my fun while I can. I''m going out of town this weekend too (my biannual girls trip) and that''s not going to help me with the scale.

Lliaing, great news about the job!
Lorelei, "And stretch and hop and jump and twist..." Those videos are awful. Thank goodness for workout choices.
Skip, you are on a roll! WOW!

Hope everyone else is doing great.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
just made my dh arugala and strawberry salad (posted recipe on site) it is DELICIOUS, I will be making this again!
Dh and I are going for a walk tonight, even though it is hot outside. We''ve packed our frozen Nathan bottles, and are ready to rock and roll!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei......remember the Jane Fonda tapes???? Oh how everyone wanted to move like Jane........LOL I''m glad we have so many choices for working out!

It was a tough day at work. I won''t go into it, but one of my coworkers kind of lost it in the Monday morning meeting and started yelling at all of us. It set a very bad tone for the rest of the day. I had a dental cleaning this afternoon, so I got to leave work early, which after the train wreck of a morning was most appreciated. It''s incredibly hot down here. We''ve now had 13 straight days of temps over 95. Most unusual for this time of year. It''s more like August weather and yet summer just started yesterday. Ugh......it''s going to be a loooooong summer. Tomorrow will be gym night for me, so I''ll do my best to check in afterwards.

Hey Kimberly, I''m glad you had a nice vacation and only gaining 2 lbs??? That''s actually really good.

Hey Marcy.......Jazzercise.......that was another fad that can be forgotten!!! Marcy, I''m sorry about your mom''s memory. My mother''s isn''t too good either. I did speak her a while ago, and she''s much better today.

Sorry about the achilles injury stepcutnut. I know how tendon inuries can be so stubborn and painful. I''m not going on over 3 months with this stupid sciatica and it doesn''t seem it will ever go away........

Skippy, so that means you''ve beat your goal, right??!!! You go girl. I''m sure you''re looking forward to hubby coming home tonight!!!

tlh, I''m glad you like Hangover as much as we did........

Yumm to homemade veggie pizza Miscka. Good for you making the decision to work out at the gym during lunch. I couldn''t work at home. I''d really miss having people around me (except on days like today when one of my coworkers went off the deep end).......

Sapphire, I didn''t know Jane had knee replacement. What she put those knee''s through..........

Have a good Tuesday everyone........

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hello everyone!!!

James''s family left yesterday. I got ZERO working out done while they were here. But that''s okay. We ate out a lot so I''m sure I''m going to feel sluggish during the workouts. I didn''t want to run today because of my knee so I used my sister''s pool for the first time. I''ll definitely be back again tomorrow and hopefully Weds or Thursday I''ll start running again.

Thank you everyone for the cheers on the new job! I''m really excited. It was good to have a group like you guys to focus on keeping healthy and not wallowing in self pity. You guys rock. :)

Rod, sorry about the rough day at work. Yay for leaving early though.

Marcy, I''ve been so lazy about making dinner we''ve just been heating up leftovers from Sat''s BBQ. I''m going to make something new tomorrow though. I''m glad you have a matching pearl for your HK necklace. Sorry Marty''s going back there so soon. And hugs about your mom.

Stepcut, Good to hear you''re back on track. Make sure you don''t go overboard and give yourself time to rest up.

Kim, Enjoy your break before summer school!

Skip, your walk sounds awesome. Hooray for loosing a little more. Man you''re REALLY on a roll! :)

Lorelei, I remember when aerobics was offered EVERYWHERE in the 80s. It''s good that it got people active but you''re right we have and still are going through quite an evolution in our working out activities.

TLH, Maybe I''ll suggest James and I catch The Hangover. Is it like Borat? I really hated Borat. James and I have very different tastes in movies. How do you like the Polar HRM? I''m in the market for one...

Miscka, glad you had a good trip. :) Homemade pizza sounds delish. You inspired my next dinner for James and I tomorrow. :) Maybe we''ll grill it so it doesn''t heat up the house. :)

Sapphirelover, Great job incorporating more complex starches. I switched to brown rice (my preference) but still keep white rice on hand for certain things. Awesoem you got some new home gym stuff. You should also get a swiss ball/stability ball. They''re great for workouts too, and very versatile.

Shiny, My wrist has NOT been getting better.
7.gif
Thanks for asking though. I''m going to try acupuncture tomorrow. It''s kinda tough since I lost insurance with loosing my job, but I"ll get insurance again soon with my new job. Till then I''ll try alternatives. Chiropracty didn''t do much for me.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Lisa - I LOVE my polar HR mon. I have the F6 which I like for the coded belt. (Which means if I am working out at the gym, I dont get interferance on my receiver from the other machines, and anyone else''s HR mon. But, to be honest, I dont really use all the bells and whistles anymore. Just the timer feature, the HR feature, and the calories burned, which are all on the F4 model just doesn''t have the coded belt. My battery just died after 3 years of using the machine almost every day, and sometimes multiple times a day. I am having the battery changed for $13 and giving the it to my mom to try out as I''ve ordered a new one. The hangover is not like Borat at all... more like, Old School, but WAY FUNNIER!

Everyone- Happy Tuesday!

This morning I got up and ran in some sprinkles. At 5:30 it was already 88*. The desert stinks! My run was good. Last night was super fun. We ended up going for a 30 minute walk, and giving up. 107* was just too hot, even starting out w/ partially frozen water. So we came home and made a fruit pizza. It isn''t healthy AT ALL, but was fun to do w/ the hubs!

"Friendship is one mind in two bodies." - Mencius

fruit pizza.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi friends; my hubby is back, yay!!!
9.gif
I got up late this morning and have some stuff to get done today so I will be working out later tonight instead.

thanks friends about the weight loss; I am going to see how much I can loss till the 4th of July since we are going to have a big family event and I won't have too much control over food except portions but my family loves to cook so I thought if I can lose some extra lbs before then maybe I will be okay (so I have a little buffer)?

It is in the 90's out here; I guess it is offically summer now!
3.gif
Hope everyone has a great day!!!!!!
35.gif

TLH ~ I am going to make your salad; it looks delicious and we are having friends over so that will go great with grilled shrimp, thanks! Laughter is fab for the abs; I heard that movie was good from so many people! That is sweet to let your mom try your polar and to get a new battery for it! Yay for your workout!!! Do you like the polar? eta: we were posting at the same time and I see you like it! hehe I am thinking of getting a watch like that. Yay for your brother, that is awesome!!!!! Love the fruit pizza, yum!!! woo for your uber walk last night and run this morning!

MISCKA ~ love the new pic in your avatar
30.gif
mmm to veggie pizza and yay for walking all over and biking! I love beer, cheers!

SAPPHIRELOVER ~ I am at goal but I have a family reunion thing coming up so I want to have a buffer if that makes sense? hehe Yay for a work trip to London; oh I love it there, lucky! hehe I noticed for me getting whole grains, beans and lentils in helped w/my weight loss instead of white processed grains and I felt full waaaaaay longer too and still do! good thinking! Yay for gym equipment!!

SS ~ aw, you are so sweet SS, I wish! hehe hehe to the jog mowing; it felt goofy doing it too! lol Wow, your yoga amazes me; you are so dedicated and fabulous at it. I remember I went and this one guy could balance on his head. I think it is a fabulous workout and holding poses takes lots of muscle work!!! Yay for JT joining you; he sounds like a doll! Wow, it is uber hot where you are!

KIMI ~ yay, I am so glad you are back; I missed you lots!!! Yay for walking, hiking and kayaking; wait a few days before weighing again I think when we travel our body freaks out and holds water. Yay for your workout and hiking today!! how fun to have a girls trip too! thanks!

MARCY ~ your chicken and rice sounds good! thanks!!! That is great mom goes to the meetings; I guess they say if you go then it helps keep the weight off with motivation and staying accountable to the weigh in so that makes sense. You probably will have to do that with your mom; I am sorry. I had to do something similar (but different, she had a tumor) w/my mom and it was good to get some answers and get fixed. big hugs, it is tough but sometimes we have to reverse rolls now.

ROD ~ gosh, I missed the note about your mom; I am sorry and glad she is doing better, huge hugs. Oh gosh, I am sorry about work; it is scary when someone loses it. Yay for a dental cleaning; I love getting my teeth cleaned. hehe Wowzers, it is super hot there too! Yay for the gym. thanks for your sweet words; you always make me smile!!! hehe

LISA ~ yay for swimming; I hope your wrist feels better soon. Yay for running again! You rock and congrats on the job; I would be totally excited too and I am excited for you, honey!!!!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Hi guys! Not a lot going on here. I need to do some exercise today, not sure what just yet though. Eating has been decent. I love summer because I can indulge in my sweet tooth with yummy things like watermelon popsicles, which only have like 40 calories each!

SapphireLover, I need to get some home equipment too. LOL, maybe not a trampoline though!

SS-I love yoga! I need to go back. Ugh I am hating the heat here in a big way. Though, I would still prefer that to freezing cold!

KimberlyH-good luck with summer school! Don't stress too much about the lbs. Kayaking is SO fun!

tlh-whats a frozen Nathan bottle?

Hi Marcy! I meant to tell you, your new pearl ring is beautiful.

Rod-I struggle working at home, I won't lie. It can be really lonely and I am a social person. However, I HATE office politics and drama, so in some ways it is a blessing. I couldn't do this forever though, and in the meantime I get to spend my days with the dogs! Sorry your coworker is being a pain.

Liang-GRILLED pizza sounds amazing!! We love to make ours, we usually have corn, broccoli, olives, mushrooms and sometimes spinach. It is so yummy.

tlh-cute fruit pizza! We made one once, with sugar cookie "crust", cream cheese and kiwis and mango and berries. Not too healthy either, but oh well!

Skippy-I like your "buffer" idea. Lately I am really into beer, I usually am more of a wine person. Have you tried Mich Ultra Cactus and Lime flavor? For a cheaper, lower cal beer it's great! I also am liking the Miller with 64 calories. And then I don't feel so bad! ETA:thanks for the kind words about my av! It's the one I had asked you about...I made a SMTR if you want to see more pics (shameless plug
12.gif
)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Hello gangarooni!
35.gif

Went to the pool and did the deep water exercise class and ran against the current in the lazy river again; but they''ve turned down the temp in the water and I was cold after my workout! BBBrrrrr, shades of swimming as a kid (for years and years...) and what drove me from the pool after all that time.... (OKOK whine....
9.gif

Had a nice breaky out with friends after, and home to read in the sun to thaw out.

Keep well, folks!
1.gif

cheers--Sharon

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi my healthy friends! I have been a naughty girl. I just spent 5.5 days in San Francisco and gained 4 lbs!
20.gif
23.gif
32.gif
I am NOT kidding. So now I am back where I was a few months ago. Hopefully what I weigh now will be my max for a long, long time. The summer is SUPER busy for us and vacations equal lots of food and little exercise for me. I am only home for 8 days before we hit the road again. I plan on making the most of them but ice cream for dinner was probably NOT the best choice.
3.gif
Had a TOUGH Zumba class today. Plan on going to Pilates tomorrow.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hello my health seeking friends.

35.gif
I actually slept enough to wear my contacts today.Woo hoo it’s so nice to see.
36.gif

Right as I was getting ready for bed a very cool lightning storm started to I stood in the kitchen in the dark watching the show for awhile. Of course that meant we had a lot of rain last night as well but I enjoyed the fireworks that came first.

I had cheerios and a banana for breakfast, a chicken sandwich with baked lays for lunch and BBQ leftovers for supper.

This morning I went to the school where I teach for a retirement party.It was funny because quite a few people there had not seen me since I lost weight.After they either asked someone else or came over and asked me if I was Marcy they were very complimentary of what I had done.The funny part was I was eating a small piece of cake and a small piece of cherry pie.I am standing there talking to them about how I’ve changed, how different I am, how much better I feel while shoveling sweets in my mouth.Of course it was total portion control.

11.gif

Rod, I am sorry to hear about the stress at work.My team is made up of 6 people and we are in a room about 10 x 15 feet so if one of us is having a bad day it makes for an awfully small and quiet room.Of course since I am the supervisor I might be the next one to go off in here.That’s why I wear sparkly things at work to give me inner peace.I hope the heat wave doesn’t continue down there.Glad to hear your mom is doing better.

Lisa, glad to hear you got to try out the pool at your sister’s place.I hope your knee gets better soon.Mine are feeling better but I haven’t walked on the treadmill again.I parked at the far end of the lot last night at the grocery store and walked around the store for about an hour.Tonight I plan to walk the neighborhood a bit.I am wearing my pearls today; I need to pick up a cloth or something to clean the ring with since I can’t soak this ring in jewelry cleaner.Thank you for the hugs for my mom.

Tlh, wow that is very hot.Fruit pizza?Sounds interesting and looks great.It’s got to have cool whip on it, right?

Skippy, glad to hear your husband made it home okay.Good plan to lose weight until the big 4th of July celebration. Yes, it is hard reversing rolls with our parents but I am definitely becoming more the parent now.

Miscka, popsicles sound great.They are definitely a great treat in the summer.Thanks for the compliment on my pearl ring; I have my pearls on today.A sugar cookie pizza sounds divine.

Sharon, I got chilly just thinking about you being in cold water.Glad you thawed out in the Sun.

Tacori, vacations are tough but I am sure those few pounds will come right back off.

Have a great evening.

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......It''s already 11 PM, so this has to be really short. Long day at work. At least no raging coworkers today. Left work at 6. Hit the gym by 6:30. Worked out hard till nearly 9. Had some leftover chicken for dinner. Did some work and that''s my day. No gym tomorrow night. We''ll have dinner at home tomorrow night.

Sorry for being so short. Hope all is well on your end of the world. I''ll check in tomorrow evening.......

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, glad your day at work was without incident. Yay for a great evening at the gym.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hey All,

Went on a hike with some friends this morning, it was tons of fun. About 1.5 hrs round trip. We had BBQ chicky, asparagus and fruit salad for dinner.

Skip, you are doing so awesome, keep it up. And give yourself a break at the holiday! Glad hubby is home.

Miska, I''m not teaching this summer, I''m subbing, which makes for an easy time. I''m in one class for a week and another for 3+ weeks, so it should be great.

Marc, you are amazing you double dessert eater! Portion control counts.

Tacori, don''t fret the lbs. we''ve all been there and it usually comes off quickly.

Rod, glad today was better.

Have a great night all. I''m off tomorrow, not sure what I''ll do, perhaps a walk or a hike by myself. We''ll see.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kimi, glad you had a nice time with some friends today. Enjoy the day off tomorrow.

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone! I can''t remember the last time I checked in (maybe last Thursday??). I keep having insanely busy weekends and then can''t seem to keep up during the week. Oh well - summer is always busy and fun - gotta love it!

Anyhow, I went running Thursday & Friday last week so I did get 3 runs in last week which makes me very happy. Thursday ahh yes I did check in b/c I had gone to the gym for my easy run. Friday my hubs was off from work so we ran some errands together and I got new tires for my car which took up the whole afternoon! I had told my friend I would go to Zumba with her Friday night so we rushed home from the tires and went to the park for a quick run. I rushed home took a quick rinse shower and changed for Zumba. I liked Zumba, but I''m not sure I''d go regularly. It was a decent workout, but as far as cardio is concerned I get a much better workout running. I sweat, but I barely felt like my heart rate really got up there. I definitely felt silly, but I had a good time with my friend which was most important!

This weekend I was in Atlantic City for a friends bachelorette party and it was super fun! I only got 2.5 hours of sleep, and ran on fumes all of father''s day. I had hoped to workout on Sunday, but that definitely wasn''t happening.

I went running last night. I am still having issues with my Nike + so I''m not exactly how far or how fast I went since there is a 1/2 mile discrepancy between the nike + and mapmyrun.com. Since a small part of my run is on this sidewalk that does not line up with the street exactly, I am going to borrow my hubby''s GPS watch next time and see what that says. Although I admit I''m kinda liking not knowing and just running for feel more than anything! I went about 50 minutes though and felt like I had a great workout.

I can''t remember if I said last week, but Liang - congrats on the job!!!! Super exciting!!

Skippy - I can''t wait to hear how your race goes this weekend, I''m so excited for you!

I have to run, but have a good day everyone!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
OK, here I go....going to the gym for the first time at the new place in a few hours. Not even sure what to do...treadmill? elliptical? bike? Guess we will see!

I should eat pretty well today, providing I can control my lemon pasta portions at dinner. Tomorrow DH and I have a Mexican food/Margarita date at our fave place so I need to behave today!!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
skippy- I love the buffer idea, and do that whenever I can! Though it always hurts to leave the land of the super skinny.
7.gif

miscka - I love my sugar free popcycles. Though the ones I indulge in have 15 calories each. They totally hit the spot and I don''t feel guilty at all! My hydration belt has Nathan Brand water bottles. we just fill them halfway with water, and keep them frozen, and add cold water on top of it. Because it is 100-120* in the summer, it melts quickly, but it helps makes the water last. If you are starting out at the gym, I always recommend breaking in on the ellyptical machine first. You can''t really overdo it on those, but it is REALLY easy to overdo it running due to the nature of the impact and the fragility of the connective tissues.

canuk- I know what you mean. The gym has cooled our water too. Should be refreshing, except when I leave w/ white fingers!

Tacori- sometimes the battle scars of a good time, are a few extra pounds... but that is why a healthy lifestyle is a journey and not a destination. Sometimes the roads are bumpy, sometimes they are smooth... just be sure to enjoy the ride, and have fun in your classes!!!

marcy- I am happy you slept well, and laughed at your story. Yeah fruit pizza can use a whipped topping, and save some calories, but I figured if I was indulging I''d go all out... http://homecooking.about.com/od/fruitrecipes/r/blfruit6.htm It''s got like 400 calories a slice though... but it is fun, and I used to love making it as a kid. I haven''t done it in YEARS, so I indulged my hubs, who has never had it before. I''ve seen recipes that replace the cream cheese w/ low fat pudding, to save on calories, but Ive never tried them before... others combine cool whip in the cream cheese... it just depends on the texture you''re looking for.

Rod- sometimes the best workouts I get are during stressful times, I actually have some aggression to fuel me. I hope it helped fuel you too!

Kimberly- hiking is a great activity! I love that you were able to do so w/ friends! Enjoy your time off!

Danielle- Glad you got the runs in and tried zumba! I was laughing at your schedule because it sounded like I wrote it. I''m getting new tires for my car, and my hubs and I had a mild argument about distance. He was using the silly distance calculator online to figure out how far he ran... and those things aren''t really that accurate. It is as accurate as your selected points are... where we live the streets are on a grid, so it matters less out here, the EXACT mileage and distance covered... the major streets are 1 mile apart from each other. But when you''re using a tool, you''ve got to take it with a grain of salt. So we had an argument. I was telling him the out and back from a certain street was 4 miles. He was argueing that the online tool said it was 3.5-3.6 miles. Now, the sidewalk winds, there are round-about circles, and other factors that he didn''t calculate in. Then there is the fact that if you want it to be THAT exact, go to a track and run in circles. The 4-7 mile runs are the EASY RUNS. So my point to him was, why are you stressing so much on the EASY runs? But it is funny, cuz that was like a minute ago, and now I''m logging on and like reading my life in your entry! It cracked me up! I understand that need to track progress, but I''m so glad you had fun anyway!
9.gif

Everyone - have a happy so you think you can dance-tastic Weds!!!
36.gif

This morning''s run let''s be honest, SUCKED. It was 90* at 4:50 am. I wanted to cry it was so hot. With 36% humidity... and only a 3mph wind. WHAT THE! Early, HOT, and brutal, welcome to the desert! My run, was on par with my mood. Tired, and sluggish, and angry. I was up before dawn, and it was already HOT! Today''s run was an easy run on effort and pacing, but I wouldn''t call it easy w/ the stupid weather- STUFFY. Other than that, today is going well. I got the battery in my watch replaced, and it is back, better than ever! I LOVE IT! It even retained its memory! YES! I''m breaking in some awesome shoes I got from naturalizer (love their narrows!) My hair is totally cooperating with me today, and has awesome body w/ NO PRODUCT... UMM YEAH BABY! Oh and my eats are gonna be goooood today. I''m super stoked about the salad dinner I''m going to have! YESSSS! I am walking on sunshine today!
emotion-15.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Kimi~ You''re so lucky to get two vacations! Sounds like you had a great time, hope you''re second is just as fun!

lliang~ Sorry that your wrist isn''t improving! I hope the accupuncture brings some relief. We''ll be losing our insurance in about a month--unless DH miraculously gets called back or lands another job. We''re squeezing in all of our appointments before we lose it. Take care of yourself.

tlh~ I love fruit pizza! Yikes to 107*!! Be careful running in that hot weather.

Skip~ Yay for having your hubby home! Thanks for the yoga compliments, but you haven''t SEEN me do it. It ain''t pretty, friend!! And, no head stands for this girl!!

Miscka~ Yoga is the ONE workout I''ve been able to commit myself to. It''s great that you dedicate yourself to such variety! LOL to preferring the heat to the cold. I would prefer the cold!! It''s weird that in IL we get temps well below freezing in the winter with feet of snow but in the summer we usually end up with at least 3 weeks of temps hovering around 100*. I was actually looking at a magazine with Alaska photos while outside yesterday, trying to talk myself into a colder temp!

Tacori~ Lots of great vacation time for you! Do you take Tessa, too? 4 lbs will fall right off with all of your zumba! And, ice cream for dinner is one of the great things about being an adult!

Marcy~ What''s up with your contacts?? If you want to share, I may have some tips. ANd, WAHOO for being unrecognizeable!!

Rod~ Kudos to you for staying on track with your workouts and eats even when you''re under super stress at work!

Danielle~ I am exhausted just reading about all your runs!! Atlantic City Bachelorette party sounds fun!!

It''s been pretty hot here, but I''ve still be letting JT swim in his little pool a couple times a day. It got so hot, DH and I actually jumped in, too. The neighbor kids think we''re crazy! Today we go to the dentist. I''ve got a cleaning and my dentist suggested I take JT to start getting comfortable there. We''ve got to get all of our check-ups in before the end of July when we lose our insurance. I''m still off the Diet Dew, I haven''t had any for like 2 weeks now! I did buy some cream soda as a summertime treat, but I don''t have more than one a day and usually only every other day. My blood sugar tests came back fine. I just run a high sugar normally, but when given the nasty koolaid drink, my body processed it very quickly. So, BIG YAY!! Not in diabetic territory!!! But, it has reinforced my decision to gain a healthy lifestyle!! SOrry, guys, you''re stuck with me!!

Have a great day!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All. J has recruited me to assist him in some work (we need to get his mom''s place cleaned out) so no exercise this morning, but definitely physical labor. Perhaps I''ll do a walk later, or not depending on how much work I do today.

TLH, I love hiking and am so lucky to live where there are hiking trails every which way. Sorry about the heat.

Miska, hope the workout went well.

SS, I am so lucky to get to go on two vacations. DH is a travelling fool and does a great job finding deals that make it affordable. Lots of fun. Hope JT is doing well.

Have a great day all.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Just a quick question...

Any good aerobic workout DVD suggestions?

Have a great week everyone!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Afternoon Healthy Lifestyle friends!!! Last night I went walking in kind of drizzly rain which made it humid and sticky. It looks like it might rain again today. I will go walking later today. hehe Oh I finally got a map for the race this weekend so I will probably check it out before the run. I will get up early tomorrow and jog.

I bought my mom pearl earrings to match her necklace I got her for her birthday and she was so excited to get them today! I love doing things for my mom; I think it is more fun buy things for family then myself.

Tomorrow I am meeting a friend for lunch; she got a new job so I am excited to hear all about that and see what she is up to. Hope everyone has a great evening and that you all stay cool out there!!!
35.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

MISCKA ~ how was the gym? Oh I saw, your pics, I Love your ring; it is so gorgeous! I am in love with OEC and OMC stones, swoon!

SHARON ~ wow, your workouts sound like so much fun and I bet you see some gorgeous mountains out there! Hope you thawed out; glad you had fun with friends. hehe

TACORI ~ good to see you birthday girl! Yay for zumba. Mara pointed this out a long time ago but it happened to me a few times I traveled. The altitude on the plane makes you retain water so weigh yourself a few days after because it is probably water retention. I use to wonder why I would be up 4 or 5 lbs and then soon after get back to normal weight? have fun at Pilates!

MARCY ~ glad you slept well!! Yay for a cool lightning storm; I bet it was gorgeous to see the show!!! Yay I bet you felt great at the retirement party!

ROD ~ glad no upset coworkers today. Yay for the uber Rod bod workout!

KIMI ~ thanks dear friend!! oh sounds like you had a fabulous time with friends and super yummy bbq too! mmmm mmm good!

DANIELLE ~ I was just thinking about you; thanks, I am excited but yet nervous!! What do you eat before a race or do you make sure you eat several hours before? Yay for 3 runs last week; you are awesome woman!!!! Oh how fun to go to Atlantic City with friends!!!!

TLH ~ thanks, I am hoping I have the buffer but don't leave the land of the skinny (I am not skinny though). hehe wowzers, 90 at 4:50!!! that is hot hot hot! You are so dedicated, you are awesome woman!! Yay for awesome hair; I love good hair days!! Yay for walkin on sunshine!

SS ~ yay for JT swimming; he sounds soooo cute! hahah to jumping in his pool, too cute! I don't blame you; it seems super hot out lately. Oh that is wonderful news about not being in diabetic territory!!!!!
9.gif
You rock woman!!! Wooo for being healthy!!!

STEPCUTNUT ~ I have 30 day shred which is intervals w/weights and cardio which is a great workout! Are you looking for pure cardio?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results