shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 20th April till 26th April

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/24/2009 6:50:36 AM
Author: Julianna

Date: 4/24/2009 12:42:05 AM
Author: marcyc

Julianna, you work at JA?

I did for over a year, I was a Sales Associate.
1.gif
Thing is, they hired another Julianna while I was there (the outrage!! Hee hee); she''s in New York City and is a GIA Gemologist, and she is the person who pulls diamonds from the in-house inventory and gives them a look when people need such a thing. Clearly she''s more useful than I! Anyway I don''t work at JA anymore (it was my second job), but she does. Apparently this confused Lor, which is not surprising, because how many Juliannas have you met? Much less two employed at a relatively small company like JA.

So that''s the saga.
37.gif

Have a great dinner at the Mexican place! Mexican is my favorite, and of course I like chimichangas and flautas the best. Has to be the deep-fried stuff, doesn''t it? I''m sure you''ll be far more responsible with your menu choices.
11.gif
Very cool. True there aren''t many Julianna''s around. My given name is Marcella and I have only met one other Marcella. I am very interested in an EC diamond at JA for a RHR so I was going to ask you to look at it if you could. I will have a good time at dinner. I love deep fried tacos but rarely eat them anymore.

Hi Lorelei!
1.gif

Have a great day one and all!
35.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I did my walk/jog routine around the neighborhood when I was about halfway I ran into my friend so then she and I did the rest of it together. I''m going out of town for the weekend but I am going to bring my running shoes and workout clothes with me.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
TGIF!

Quickie post as i''ve got a busy workday ahead of me.

Wrapped up week 1 of bootcamp today with our intervals on the hiking trails. My trainer times us and then compares it to the final Friday so we can see our improvement. The soreness in my butt/thighs has been replaced with soreness in my abs- it hurts to sneeze or laugh!

I''m aiming to be SUPER good today with my eating as we''re heading out of town tomorrow for a quick winery getaway. I''m sure i''ll be indulging in good food and wine, so i need to make up for that.

Sorry i can''t respond to everyone, but do want to send HUGS and good karma to Rod.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone. Just wanted to check in and say I did a great workout last night in Fitness Magazine. It is on their website called how to lose weight in 7 days or something like that under workouts. I combined it with 1 min of either butt kicks or cross punches in between each move and LOVED it.

35.gif

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!
35.gif

I''m sorry I didn''t check in yesterday! It was a crazy hectic day BUT I was SO good! I avoided bagels, homemade brownies, and jelly beans at the office all day. For me, this is a huge thing - I would have eaten all 3 a week ago! My plan is to listen, listen, listen to you all and take things day by day. I am really happy with myself so far and am THRILLED to have joined your group. You all are so incredible and I really think you''ll get me through this! Ha!
Today will be another challenge - we are going out for a birthday dinner with our big group of friends. The upside is that almost all of them are either on WW or some kind of plan and the others are generally healthy. The downside, is they usually let loose on occasions like this AND we''re going to one of my fav restaurants. I plan on ordering either a big salad with the dressing on the side, or something like grilled chicken/lean steak. We''re also big social drinkers, so diet coke will have to suffice.
I am SO looking forward to this weekend - the weather is going to be great and I can''t wait to get outside with my pup and play, play, play! I do have to finish a research paper for school and in the past, I''ve munched while I''m on the computer so I have to get over that!
Marcy, you continue to amaze me. I am so thrilled for you!
dragonfly - you and I will have to get through the next school week together - this paper is a bear!

Tacori - I have heard awesome things about Zumba! In another thread (about the colon cleanse) I talked about my friend that basically did that as her workouts and she looks incredible!

lliang - thank you for the suggestions! I have made a lot of those changes and the good thing is I prefer whole wheat breads and brown rice. I don''t drink regular soda, but TONS of diet. I think I need to do your suggestion for replacing one anyway. I have to pick something really blingy for the fridge!

bee - were you really cranky when you were cutting out sugar?! I am and I can''t think of another reason why I would be! Poor hubby...

Elmorton - I''m here for you! I think you should definitely sock away cash for pounds!! That''s awesome! I am kind of nutty in I have to jump into things with both feet and go to the extreme (which is totally why I fail). I think I will work back in a "treat" every day or so like your hot cocoa & strawberries (sounds devine!). My best bud loves those sugar free jello puddings and I think if I top it with some fiber one or flax, it''d make a good treat! I think I''ll pick up some sugar free jello too!

One last think before I go... I have replaced breakfast/morning coffe with a slimfast optima. Do you think this is a bad idea? I realize that there is sugar in it, but it''s MUCH less than what I was eating/taking in my coffee. Doesn''t hurt that I actually like them! What do you think?

If I don''t "see" you, have a fabulous weekend guys!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Evening everyone! I''ve had a good study day and went to the gym this afternoon also and did a great workout. Eating was good today as well. Unfortunately I have to work this weekend so no step and aerobics for me
7.gif
Hope you all have a good friday!

appletini-that workout sounds tough! Hopefully those white trousers will be looking perfect on you soon!!

Elmorton-yay on the weight loss! That''s fab news!

lliang-my ring is loose too-it drives me mad spinning around. I want to wait though to get it resized until I''ve reached my goal weight.

Rod-sorry to hear no sushi friday tonight. That''s rubbish. Glad to hear that you''re a bit less stressed though. Something good will come up.

Marcy-enjoy the mexican. That''s my favourite food but I''m avoiding it like the plague now that I''m dieting! What are you going to order? I can live vicariously through you
3.gif

Charger-enjoy the winery! Sounds like your trainer worked you hard!

Paula-well done for avoiding all those things. Cutting out sugar didn''t make me cranky (that I know of
9.gif
). I really don''t miss it at all now though. It is very strange how tastes change when you cut stuff out.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Happy Friday everyone!! Walked with T last night and will probably just do the same tonight. We''ve been going at least 2 miles a night. DH gets back late tonight for a couple days so I''ll be able to hit up the gym tomorrow and Sunday at least.

bee~Too funny about your trainer being scary...I''d do it too, then!
21.gif

Elmorton~Glad your WW meeting went well!

KimberlyH~Ah, I did miss something! Thanks!

marcy~I think part time teaching is the best! I''m part time now and am working on rearranging my part time schedule to more desirable hours.

35.gif
Hey to everyone else!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Went to class Tuesday, Wednesday and yesterday. Tessa is officially a favorite at child watch. Wanted to take a walk but it is like 90 degrees outside. I want candy so bad!!! I am only on day one and feel like I will cave.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone.

I''m about to head out for a walk. We''re out of town this weekend, family reunion. Not so thrilled about going, but it will be fine.

Have a good weekend. Will be back Sunday.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......This has to be a quick, 5 second flyby..........It was a long day at work. I didn''t let it get me down. I had a slice of pizza for dinner, followed by a cup of coffee with some acquaintances at Sbucks. Charlie''s owrking tomorrow, during the day, but we''re meeitng firends for dinner at a nice waterfront spot we enjoy tomorrow night.

That''s the 5 second flyby. HEY to everyone and I hope you had a nice Friday and are looking forward to a great Saturday...........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!
So last nights dinner went okay. I had a mixed green salad with roast chicken, dried cranberry, walnuts, apple, and... gorgonzola
8.gif
. It was delicious, but I probably shouldn''t have eaten the entire thing! I did ask for the dressing on the side and I used about 3 tbsp. of it. It was some sort of vinegarette with cranberry.
I did have a bit of the appetizer of bruschetta and a couple of pita chips with a scant amount of the spinach artichoke dip (my fav). All in all, I think it went okay.
Marcy, you are totally right, today is a new day. You''ve come a long way baby, so clearly you know how to get back on track!
Hope the rest of you are doing well!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Hi all! Just stopping in for a minute to report weekend progress - yesterday afternoon, I had an assessment session with my department and it was SO HARD because I was sitting next to a tray of girl scout cookies, snickers, and MY FAVORITE Reese''s PB cups. But, I noshed on the cantaloupe and grapes that I''d brought with me instead. I kept on thinking about how normally I would have plowed through a couple of Reese''s, some cookies, and a couple glasses of sugary lemonade, and I felt pretty good sticking to my fruit!

After that, I met up with an old friend and we went to Applebee''s (b/c I knew they have WW entrees, which was actually really good!). Now I''m staying overnight with my MIL because some friends are getting married in DH''s hometown this weekend. I know I''m going to indulge at the reception on some cake/reception food, so I had cereal this morning and subway for lunch - so I''m still pretty much "on track," which I''m proud of, since weekends are SO hard, esp. when you''re away from home. The weather is gorgeous today, so this morning I took my MIL''s golden doodle out for a run around the neighborhood, which was a fun/different workout. I''d love to have a dog to run with, but I don''t think our cats would like that very much. ;-)

Keep up the good work everyone and have a wonderful weekend!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all
35.gif
I was in work since 7am this morning and only finsished at 6pm so am shattered! Eating was fine today-had my wheetabix and banana for breakfast and homemade soup with a couple of crackers for lunch. D had lovely fish and a salad on for dinner. Just going to try and get some study done tonight and then back into work early tomorrow morning.

Burk-that''s cool that you and T went walking. She is such a cutie. Yep my trainer is too scary not to listen too.

Tacori-try not to cave-it does get easier daily!

Marcy-chips and dip sound fab. Yummy!

Hi to everyone else
35.gif
Have a good evening!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.It is cold, rainy and snowy here today.I ran errands most of the day.

I went over to see my parents this morning.My mom is not very healthy and has decided she wants to walk a mile in the race for the cure this summer.She asked me if I thought she could do it and I said yes.I sure am struggling with that.What if she can’t?What if she gets hurt trying to walk that much?She goes to a gym and one of the trainers there suggested she start walking daily now and add just a little bit more each week.Hopefully she can handle it.I don’t know why she decided to do it but she really wants to do it.I hope she can.

Paula, you did really well at dinner last night.Yay!

Elmorton, good for you enjoying your fruit instead of those more tempting foods nearby.How wonderful to plan ahead for some treats at the wedding but still being careful otherwise.

Bee, sorry for the long day at work.

Take care and have a great weekend.

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, congrats on the Tsavorite. They''re beautiful! And I think it''s great your mom wants to walk a mile for the cure. You say she''s not that healthy. Unless she has some debilitating illnesses, walking every day to get prepared shouldhave a dramatic and positive effect on her health, and ultimately life. So, I think you did a good thing when you said she could. Encouragement is a really good thing! Ugh, to rain and snow. It was nearly 90 here today!

Today was a nice day. It was too breezy to sit on the terrace, but it was a beautiful day anyway. Aty least Sakai enjoyed having us to lounge on while we had our fruit, coffee and scone. Charlie had to be at work at 1:00, but we had enough time to have a cup of coffee under the oak before he went. Then, I just did some errands (had the car washed, grocery shopping, etc). Tonight we had dinner with our friends at the restaurant on the water. We had some steamed shrimp as an appetizer and some barbecued wings (yummmm) and for my dinner, we all had fresh Grouper sandwiches. They were wonderful and the setting is just terrific. We were there to see the sun set into Tampa Bay. Now, we''re just sitting with Sakai and relaxing. Tomorrow''s a regular Sunday. Charlie''s off and we''ll workout in the afternoon.

Sounds like you did well at dinner last night Paula.......

Good for you resisting the bad things and for eating the good things Elmorton!!

I hope you get some good rest after working all day bee*

Have a great Sunday everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, my mom has primary pulmonary hypertension, high blood pressure and has problems with balance because of a tumor in her ear. She goes to the gym 4 to 5 times a week and rides a bike at home so she does try to stay healthy. She is on oxygen at night and at high altitude and gets tired easy but she just keeps plugging along. She lost about 50 pounds a few years ago on WW to help with her breathing and has maintained it ever since. I think it''s great she wants to walk a mile and since it''s something she really wants to do I am sure she will give it her all and then some. Stubbornness runs in our family.
9.gif

I went to the mall about 7:30 hoping to pick up my tsavorite ring. The salesgirl I bought it from wasn''t there but another girl who knows me went in the back to look for it. The tsavorite hadn''t been mounted yet. Since it was a custom ring from the diamond show they said the jeweler would still get it done tonight. I told them not to hurry it or rush it. I left with a funny feeling and I was right because about an hour later they called me to say the jeweler broke the stone. It is a Stuller Black Box and she said they could get me a stone in next week but I am seriously considering going out there tomorrow and getting my money back. Their jeweler and I haven''t had much luck in the past. She sat on mounting my mint garnets in studs for so long they finally sent them out to another store - they told me she was afraid of breaking them. At the same time I had them mount a mint garnet in a pendant. The first day I wore the pendant the chain broke and I lost the pendant. They agreed to replace the pendant because of a faulty chain but the mint garnet took about 6 months for them to get it. I finally get the pendant back and was cleaning it before taking care of it that night and the stone fell out of the setting. I took it back and they fixed it. So at this point I have NO faith in that jeweler. Based on how long it took them to get me a "okay" mint garnet I don''t want to have my money tied up for months waiting for a tsavorite.

To make me feel better tonight I got out my jewel jet and cleaned all my jewelry. Marty told me that making them cleaner won''t bring the other one back.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Happy weekend all!!!!

Yesterday I did a bunch of gardening work in the garden across from us. Carried about 50 wall paver bricks, my arms are SORE now! :)

I''ve been pretty bad with drinking Thurs & Fri. Leena and I drank 2-2.5 bottles of wine on Thursday. Then the Friday dinner probably had 3 glasses during dinner & 2-3 drinks at night.
7.gif
Yesterday just had 1/2 a bottle of wine with James last night and passed on drinks when we met friends at a bar. It''s cool, some friends are okay if you''re not drinking, others are very insistent on it. That''s kinda annoying. Leena and I are going to do the Dr. Natura cleansing kit in June. I''m going to try to give up drinking for that month.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I just got back in town and wow I took my walk/jog routine to a new level yesterday morning. I got up early and planned to walk/jog all the way down the main road up to the resort and back ~3.5 miles round trip. It was a little hilly so the elevation inclines presented a nice challenge. Although one part was so steep that I could only jog for a minute and then had to switch to walking. It was a great way to start the day.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
No time for a workout yesterday, but I did go on a walk with T. Heading to the gym here in a few. DH canceled his business trip for this week (thank goodness) so I''ll be able to get back into my normal routine. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Tacori~Yay for getting back into the class routine!! How are you doing with no candy?

Marcy~1-2 classes is probably perfect if you also work a full time job. I teach 8th grade publications and business classes. Sorry about your tsavorite!

Elmorton~yay for willpower!! I totally would have caved on the girl scout cookies!

bee~Thanks for the sweet compliment on T. I think I need myself a scary trainer so I can''t talk myself out of workouts!
41.gif

lliang~I love wine. I could easily have done what you did this weekend!
2.gif
21.gif

apple~yay for a good morning walk/jog!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening Everyone.........We had a really nice Sunday. It was still too breezy to sit outside and read the paper, so Sakai was extra happy to have our laps and shoulders to loung on. We went over to Norstrom to see what we could get with our Reward certificates, but nothing seemed appealing, so we''ll just hold onto them until the 1/2 yearly sale in June. Lunch was the usual Panera, followed by a very leisurly cup of coffee under the oak. It was just so beautiful to sit out and relax. We finally hit the gym about 3 PM and we worked out hard. I have finally found a stretching exercise for my leg that seems to be helping the pain a bit. We had baked chicken and steamed veggies for dinner. Charlie''s off tomorrow night, so we''ll have our usual Monday night Sushi after work.

Marcy, I''m sorry about the Tsavorite. That store doesn''t seem too reliable. Do you ever watch Gems TV? They often have amazing Tsavorites and their prices are really unbelievable. It''s great your mom is working hard to take care of her health. I truly applaud her wanting to walk the mile for the cure. It''s a great gaol and I hope it not only helps her health, but helps build her confidence that she can anything she puts her mind to.

Sounds like you had some fun this weekend lliang......

I hope everyone had a good weekend........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.

35.gif
I had a busy day.I made French toast for breakfast from some week old cinnamon bread – wow was that good.After the mall opened I went out and asked for my money back.The manager who sold the tsavorite to me didn’t know the benchman broke the gemstone when trying to mount it.She offered to order me in another one but I said no.She issued credit on my debit card so I will watch for the money to get back in my account then start seriously shopping for a ½ ct. emerald cut diamond.I have been emailing James Allen about some on their website.

Marty went to play golf this afternoon so I had some leftover pasta for lunch and cleaned house.I was on my way about 5:30 to grab a bite to eat and Marty called so we met and split a burger for supper.

Lisa, gardening sounds fun and like a great workout.Sounds like you enjoyed a lot of wine the last few days.I had a chardonnay with supper.

Appletini, yay for kicking up your walk / jog to a new level.I actually didn’t walk on the treadmill today since I walked the mall for several hours Friday, yesterday I walked the mall again plus grocery shopping and today I walked the mall, Target and cleaned house.I was glad to grade papers tonight to rest.

Burk, glad DH will be home for a few weeks so you can get back to your normal routine.I agree fewer classes are good since I work full time but I do miss the extra money.Your classes sound fun and interesting.

Rod, I am glad you had a nice day and found a stretching exercise to help your leg.I am sure the jeweler doesn’t have much experience with gemstones.I told the manager no hard feelings, I will be back.I will buy things out of the case but I won’t be taking custom work there again.I agree that it is good for my mom to work hard for something she wants to do.Her health is failing more all the time so I think it’s important for her to continue to live as normal a life as she can while she still can.I think if my dad wasn’t so healthy she’d probably have to be in assisted living.She falls a lot and forgets things.She burns down pans on the stove because she’ll forget them. I do worry about her.

Take care and have a great week.
Marcy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results