shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 1st March till 7th March

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LovelyHearts

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Happy Wednesday everyone!

The baby seems to be doing better this morning. Fever was down and her spirits seem to be back up, so I dropped her off at day care this morning and came into the office. Hopefully, it''ll be slow today and I can sneak in an hour or so to work on my team project. I''m trying to stay positive so I stay sane. 5 more days until my presentation. 10 more days till Vegas. Yippee!!

Panda – Sorry if this sounds silly, but I am still getting the hang of the abbreviations. What does DH stand for?
Somethingshiny – I hope you feel better!

Rod – YAY on signing the contract for the condo! That’s huge! I’m glad you are in the position to put a bigger downpayment. The economy is hard on everyone right now, and living in SF, I feel like I’m seeing more homeless people than before.

BB – We should have a choice to be sick instead of the babies. I would much rather go through it than for my kids to. Especially at 10 months old… my poor baby….

Pinki – Did you really make that cake? It is VERY cool! He will love it!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Hump Day!

Oh, I never have much to say. I''m still kind of the new girl at work, so I don''t have too much interaction with people there. My husband is still unemployed, so we don''t have a lot of money to do extra things. So, I guess I make the most of what I got! I did intervals today; 8x400m of a fast run/not quite a sprint. I haven''t breathed that heavy in a while. Whew! It felt good. We''re having tuna steaks, broc, and polenta tonight for dinner. Yum.

Can I tell you how excited I am for "The Office" tomorrow. Can''t wait for the baby episode! woo hoo!

rod-Congrats on signing your contract! Does that make it YOUR condo??

BB-Oh, I wish I could wear scrubs to work everyday! I love Fridays for the fact that we get to wear denim!

marcy- You know, I never liked Cold Stone that much. No idea why; maybe there''s too much stuff in it, I dunno. But, it never impressed me. We had another day that reached 60! It was beautiful, and lots of people in the park during my run. Cheers to our jellybeans. I guess I''ll share with hubs.
2.gif

hi pinki! That cake is great! Well done!
36.gif

LH- I''m glad the little one is feeling better! Vegas? Woo hoo! I guess I missed you talking about it. Is it a vacation or work trip, or..? Regardless, have fun!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
35.gif
Just wanted to say "hi". I''m still around, but am interviewing for a new job and stressed at school, the combo is making it really difficult to stay on track so I''ve sort of been avoiding this thread
38.gif
I''m going to try and slog through an assignment tonight and another this weekend, get caught up, hopefully get negotiations for this new position wrapped up so I can make a decision, and then re-focus on my life style. Jillian and the 30 day shred are mocking me from under their thin film of dust on top of my DVD player.
20.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone!!!

Had our ski trip. It was FANTASTIC! James had a great time too, so I definitely think this will be an annual occurrence to say the least (hopefully at least 2x a year!) Didn''t hurt myself although I had some slight tumbles every now and then. :)

It''s be a swift moving thread this week, hopefully I can respond to everyone.

Rod, I''m sorry to hear about your back! Get well, friend. Awesome on the offers pending :) And hooray on the condo!!!

Marcy, Yowza more snow! We unfortunately didn''t get anything in UT, but I got one windy day, one super cloudy-no visibility day, and James and sis got a sunny gorgeous day. Hmph! Of course after I leave.... I''m glad dinner turned out better after Mon. I hope your hand is getting better.

Beach, I''m the new girl @ work too. Mmm... tuna steaks sound DELISH! Go you on the long run! I love mountains! I think I''d be staring so much I might run off the road. ha ha.

Pinki that cake ROCKS!!! Glad you had a good weekend with friends. New week, new beginning :)

Bella, good luck wiht all your school & interviewing! Keeping dust floating to you friend *~*~*~ DUST ~*~*~*

Dragon, I''m glad you''re feeling better. If you have a swiss ball, you can do a swiss ball roll out. Forearms on the ball, on your knees (or plank position). Roll ball away and then back towards your. Quite tough! Or swiss ball jack knife. Knees on the ball, hands on the ground (like a push up), and tuck your knees under your torso. Also single leg exercises force you to use your core.

Silly, we''re here to help you make your good choices!

Lore, hope things are settling for you. Hugs, friend.

Charbie, glad to hear you had such a good weekend. 4 mile hikes sound fantastic! I hope your mom is recovering well. My brother got Lasik and he LOVES that he can see without glasses! His vision was really bad before.

BubbleB, Awesome you stayed on your diet! Great on the diet! We''re here for you friend. Hope you can make your class next time. I gave Dragon some ab exercises. They''re really easy to do at home while you''re watching TV or something. :)

Burbe, enjoy spring break!!! I''m glad your dog is doing well. And your back is not bugging you so much :)
MM, WOOT WOOT! Go you!

Sharon, I''m glad you''re getting better weather. Hooray for the workouts.

LH, I hope your daughter is better.
7.gif
Hugs and dust for her.

SS, Feel better! Hope you liked the Field Museum. i love that place :) Very kind of you to drive your friend.

That''s it for me tonight!

~Lisa

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......It was a really long work day. I was still at work at 6:30 PM. I deccided earlier in the day I''d give my back one more day to feel better and hopefully, go to the gym tomorrow night. I will have another long day at work tomorrow, but I really hope to make it the gym. We had a nice healthy salad for dinner. That''s about all I have the time to write. I hope everyone had a good Hump Day.............

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.Happy Over the Hump Day.We are on the downhill slide now.

Work was “aak”able but there was wine in sight which I had with supper.Marty marinated London broil in wine sauce and cooked it on the grill.I left potatoes in the oven for us and Marty even did the dishes.Sweet.

I was all set to order a new pink netbook tonight but played with Marty’s for awhile and decided I am too blind to have that small of a laptop.I have a 15.5 inch wide screen and it’s very nice so unless I get the 14” version of what I have why bother?Let’s face it; I want it because it’s pink.

Pinki, your husband’s cake is very cute.You did a great job.I am sure it tasted great too.

Hi Panda.

LovelyHearts, that is a relief the baby is doing better this morning.I am sure your project will be great.Have fun in Vegas.Is that for a vacation or a business trip?

BeachRunner, HHD is right!I don’t mix well with new people either.I am pretty shy, once you know me though I never shut up.LOL.I am sorry to hear your husband is unemployed.He’s a chef right?Or I am thinking of someone else?I think Ben and Jerry’s is much better than Cold Stone.I just thought I would get us something different for a change.The first time we tried it we had some of the little goodies mixed in and we bought thought it was way too sweet.I think this is the 3rd time I’ve been there in the 3 years they’ve been in town.We made it in the 50’s today and it was beautiful out at lunch.I will pick up my jellybeans soon.Once they run out they don’t seem to restock them here.

Bella, good luck with the job interview.Rats for being stressed.

Lisa, that is nice you and James had a great ski trip.Was the snow good for skiing even though you didn’t get any new snow?My hand is a little better but still bad.I am having quite a bit of pain typing tonight.Rats.While Marty was doing dishes I packed our lunch and tried to put some pepper on our food with the pepper grinder and I couldn’t hold it with my left hand.Strange things I find difficult.

Rod, I hope your back gets better.

Laters,

35.gif

Marcy

LovelyHearts

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Happy Thursday everyone!

I love this thread and have come to rely on it every day to keep me sane. Not sure if that makes sense or if I''m reading too much into it. I think of it as a support system. I feel like sometimes I cay say more on these forums than I can to the actual people in my lives. Maybe I need more friends.. I''m not a loner at all, but it''s been hard making the time to spend time with my friends.

Bella slept all night again, so yipee! What a relief. She''s not coughing as much anymore either. I believe it was Pandora that suggested to rub vaporrub on her feet and then to put her socks on. I figured what the heck, I''ll try anything right now as long as it sounds safe. It seems to be working miracles since that is when she started sleeping through the night again. Pandora, if you''re reading this, THANK YOU!! Have anyone else tried that? I dropped her off at day care this morning.

Last night I had Wendy''s. Yes, I know... I feel guilty... I was too tired to cook, and I worked on my paper until well past 1am. Our team agreed that everyone would have their portions done by this morning so that I can merge them together to form 1 essay by Friday night. We''re meeting in person Saturday morning to go over the powerpoint presentation and then the actual presentation is on Monday. But I had an email this morning from one of the girls saying she won''t have her portion to me until late tonight. I feel mad because I have young kids, a full time job, and was able to juggle everything to get my portion done, why can''t they? I suck at conflict management though...

I''m going to spinning this morning (taking an early lunch), hopefully I''ll feel better afterwards.

BR & Marcy – Thanks!!! I’m really excited. It’s our first trip away without the kids though, so I’m a bit sad. We’re celebrating our 4 year wedding anniversary a month early since it’s not until April, but it’s the only break I have between my classes that will make it manageable.

Bella – New job? Yippee! How exciting. Congratulations! Definitely keep us in the loop on how the negotiations are coming along. I’m blowing a whole lotta PS dust your way. School is stressful… I agree. (sigh) What are you taking?

Lisa – I’m glad you had a good time on your ski trip. Where did you guys go? My mom’s been going to Tahoe almost every weekend since November and said they had the best snow last weekend because it was so fluffy.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Thursday everyone!!

Oof, I have a killer headache today, so that''s not very fun. Tonight is turkey taco night and The Office baby episode! woo hoo. Hubs does not like turkey tacos; he''d prefer ground beef. He''ll evenually get over it, right...right??? Tonight I''ll do a 3 mile run and strength training. I''ve downloaded Hal Higdon''s intermediate half training, and his runs are not long, but often in the week. It''s weird I''m not running longer runs, with the exception of my long runs on Saturday. Oh well, I''m sure he knows what he''s talking about
2.gif

hi bella
35.gif
Good luck with the job!

Lisa- I''m so glad you had a great ski trip. I''m super jealous. Yeah, being new kind of sucks, but whatever, at least I have employment! I know, my scenery is so pretty it helps take my mind of the actual run.

rod- I <3 salads! My husband always makes fun of me for ordering a salad if we go out to dinner. I hope you find time to get a workout in.

marcy- You eats and wine
31.gif
sound delish. Yup, the colors suck you in! I''m waiting for the announcement of colored iPhones. Yes, my husband is a chef. And I''ll have to get my jellybeans soon; you have me nervous that they won''t restock them after a certain time. And, Easter is early this yr.

LH- So happy to hear about your DD sleeping through the night. Vaporub on the feet? Wow. My Mom used to rub that stuff on my chest and put a towel over it when I was little. I still remember that, and it worked miricles. Ahh! Don''t feel bad about your fast food; it happens. I want to try spinning. My SIL loves it! Vegas is a neat city. I''ve been once, and there is a lot to look at! you''ll have a great time!

Have a good day!!
1.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone! So I didn''t do much last night, but this morning I did a 15 minute interval workout starting with knee high running in place, then a sort of reverse plank (like plank but butt towards the floor) with knee raises (crunching towards chest), then knee to elbow raises, then crunches, then side plank. I think that was all of them lol. I did it based on moves I saw on bodyrock.tv which I think is going to be one of my fav new places. It''s very home made, with a girl blogging and videoing her workouts but MAN her workouts are TOUGH..... SERIOUS TOUGH. I can''t wait to try more.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
hi everyone!
just a quick fly-by since i''ve been so busy with work...
14.gif

i''m feeling super bloated and gross right now, and probably not making it to the gym at all this week
38.gif
since we''ve got so much going on. last night we had a bowling pro-am (more to come about that) and so at least i got a little bit of fun/exercise in, but we upped the alcohol intake last night for sure. then we are having people over for my birthday on saturday, so i''m sure staying healthy isn''t going to go so swell.

so we bowl each week, and all the big name pro-bowlers are in town right now. this one bowler who is actually extermely good and a big name in the bowling world bowled on our lane with us, and so we were talking to him and a few others to come with us to get some food afterwards. he didn''t come with us, but now he is texting my friend about us coming out there and cheering them on- it''s pretty entertaining to say the least. so we might go hang out with the pro-bowlers again tonight...how funny is that?
and i told you all about how i wanted a trophy so andy got me the chocolates...well i got my trophy! some of the guys in our league have bowled for years and years and collected lots of trophies over the years. they heard me talking about it, so one of them picked out an old trophy of his, and another had a little plate made up with my name, the year, and "1st place" put on it and awarded me my trophy last night. i was so excited, and just so touched that they did that- it was so cute. all the pros last night kept saying, "wow! how did you get that??" and i kept saying, "well, i had the best handicap in the leauge. mine was a 90, and all those other people were really low, like a 20-30." they got a kick out of it. i felt special
26.gif
19.gif
26.gif

BubbleBear

Rough_Rock
Hey all!!

still doing pretty well with the diet - I won''t get another workout in until tomorrow night though. I ordered an abdominal dvd and one of those heavy duty stability balls like they have at the gym, can''t wait for them to arrive so I can start doing that!! The weather is really starting to improve here - in the low 40''s - so I was able to get a walk in on my lunchbreak yesterday, not today though. But with the melting of the snow and rising temps i''m getting excited to start running again and it''s really motivating me to watch my diet - tank tops will be back before we know it!!! gotta work on that arm jiggle!!

Hope everyone is having a great thursday so far!!
1.gif

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I kind of dropped off the face of this thread a couple weeks ago because I felt bad when I didn''t have time for full posts where I address everyone (everyone else is so good at that, and I felt like I was only doing "drive-by" postings so then I felt guilty!).

So anyway, just wanted to say hi to everyone here
35.gif
and hope you''re all doing well with your healthy eating and workouts! I''ve been continuing the gym with DH but he got sick with a very bad cold and then of course I got sick with it as soon as he got better, so we slowed down for two or three weeks. Now we''re getting back on track. Hopefully we''ll be going tonight again!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......It was another 'uber' day, but at least it included a workout at the gym. It was my first workout in two weeks. And I actually struggled. I was surprised that in just two weeks it would be a bit difficult, but I pushed hard and had a good workout. I refused to drop down in weights. I'm betting I'll feel a bit sore tomorrow. Charlie stopped by a gourmet grocery store on his way home from work and they have a food bar with all kinds of great prepared dishes, more on the asian side, but it was SO good and a really nice treat. I'm so grateful tomorrow's Friday. I still have several offers in the works, so I need everyone to send some PS Dust. It will help me and it will help the people who are anxiously waiting for offers!!

I'm sorry to flake out again and not write you all individually, but it's after 10, and I'm pooped. Have a great Friday everyone!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.I had one of Rod’s Uber long days at work.At least there is only one more day to go this week.We went out to supper after work.

I am kind of sad; my hand is not improving and I think my laptop is making it worse.How can anything pink hurt my hand?I don’t get it!

LovelyHearts, I understand what you mean about being attached to this thread.I tell you guys things I would probably never tell my friends.Strange huh?I have heard about rubbing vapor rub on your feet and wear socks to stop coughing.I am so glad that worked for your baby.No worries about Wendy’s; I will have it sometimes.I get either a kid’s meal or a single and eat ½ of the bun.I eat about 12 fries and give the rest to Marty.How rotten that girl didn’t meet her deadline.That is so poor when people let the team down and create more work for others.How fun to go celebrate your 4th anniversary.

BeachRunner, I hope your headache gets better.I hope they do come out with colored iPhones.We look at Macs at Christmas time and I told them they were missing out not having pink ones.I really liked them.Since your husband is a chef does he do the cooking?Marty likes to cook but doesn’t cook very often.

Dragonfly, that is really great you found some workouts you like on TV.

Charbie, you are special.How sweet of your friends to get you a trophy.How exciting to hang out with the bowling pros.

Bubblebear, that is wonderful you are doing well with your diet.It is nice to see the temperatures rising.

Lilac, no worries about posting to everyone – we are always glad to hear from you to see how you are doing.I am glad you and your husband are getting over your colds.

Rod, PS dust coming your way for your candidates to get some offers.

Laters,

Marcy

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! Spring Break has been interesting so far, I had some slip ups on Wednesday night and Thursday… thankfully the scale didn’t notice! I’m back on track and I had a great workout Thursday night! I’m feeling pretty good so far, looking forward to another intense work out today.

Dragonfly – I’m trying to work on my core too, I really need to strengthen my abs to help with my back. Let me know it you find any good ab work outs.

Hi Charbie! This is kind of a long story (sorry in advance!); my dog Mel has been having some issues with his hind legs. In Feb I had to put my other dog down, she had a whole bunch of health issues and lost half of her weight. Anyway, Mel has been really upset, on edge and super needy (she was like his mom, I adopted him as a puppy so she had always been in his life) so he had hurt his left leg right after she passed. The vet put him on pain meds and then somehow he hurt this other leg much worse. He could barely walk for a while, is on more meds now and has to be watched 24/7. He doesn’t like to be by himself and he can’t walk up the stairs to get to my room so I’ve had to carry him up (he’s 60+ pounds). It was not good for my back, TG he’s getting better and can almost manage the stairs by himself now. Sorry for the long explanation :) I’m sorry to hear about your mom, but that’s great everything turned out okay! Happy belated birthday, I hope your consultation goes well! I just read your update, awwhh that is so sweet of them to give you a trophy! That’s cool you got to meet a pro-bowler, I hope you have lots of fun on Saturday!

BubbleBear – That stinks about your class, its sounds like you had a great work out anyway :)

LovelyHearts – Good luck on your project. I’m sorry to hear it’s been a stressful week for you. I hope Bella is feeling better.
Hi Panda
35.gif

Somethingshiny – I hope you’re feeling better.

Hi Rod, I hope things haven’t been too stressful for you at work. I’m glad your back is doing better. *DUST*

Hi BeachRunner, I’m totally avoiding the Easter candy aisle too. I’m going to try and stay strong—wish me luck!

Marcy – I can totally relate, my dad’s a business owner and was always late coming home. My mom’s timing with cooking is truly a gift! I should ask her for some tips, I’m slowly learning ;-) Yay for no burnt dinner, I’d consider that a success! Yum, London broil sounds really good right now.

Pinki – the cake turned out super cute, you did a great job! I hope you reach this week’s goal.

Hi Bella, I hope things get better—good luck with the job interview!

Lisa – it sounds like you had a really great trip. After watching all the Olympic coverage I have this urge to go skiing, lol. My parents tried to get me to ski when I was younger, I hated it. Now all the sudden I really want to learn…
Hi Lilac
35.gif

I hope everyone is having a good, stress free Friday! Have a great weekend :)

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone,

Happy Friday! Sorry for the quick fly by... this week has been CRAZY work-wise. Wish I could hit the reset button, as this week just got away from me. Diet has been so-so, too tired and busy to cook
8.gif
Never had the chance to get to the gym either
7.gif
I''m hoping to get a handle on the workload so that I can get organized and on a set schedule.

Hope everyone''s doing well! Have a great weekend
1.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
well the good news is I can do most of the same stuff, still no jumping or jogging, but everything else I''m good on, and virtually pain free. The bad news is... I MISS MY RUNS lol.

Have a good weekend all!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........I can''t believe I''m saying this, but I''M SORE!!! Just two weeks out of the gym and I''m so sore from my workout at the gym last night. One of the guys I know from the gym told me last night that every few months he purposely takes at least two weeks from lifting weights. I was saying I was afraid I would lose progress by being out so long, but he said it would actually help me. For one thing he said it allows one''s muscles to completely heal after consistent lifting and while I would likely be sore, that would be a good thing and I''d ultimately develop my muscles better as a result of the break. I''m certainly sore, so I hope it''s a good thing. Work was good initially, then not as good, then good again. I had a candidate interview yesterday. The client called this morning to say they wanted to make an offer. That was good. She wants the job, the client wants her. He said he''d call this afternoon to discuss the details and start date. So......he callled this afternoon to say the board of directors decided to put hiring on hold for the next 2 - 3 weeks. Ugh, now I have to tell the candidate, they still want her, but she''ll have to wait a couple weeks. In our business we have a saying......"Time Kills All Deals." The risk for the client is she could go out and find another job and they''ll lose and I''ll lose. Hopefully, since she needs to leave the country for a couple weeks starting April 1 to visit her family, this won''t be an issue for her. Then late in the day, another client wrote to ask if a candidate they tried to hire in December, but couldn''t at the time (even though they had sent an official offer letter to him) would still want the job. They said they didnt'' even need to send a new offer letter since they never officially closed out the offer when they couldn''t hire him. So, if he wants the job, all he''d have to do is simply sign the offer letter and pick a start date. I found him and I think he still wants the offer, so I''ll know Monday. This is on top of all the other offers I have working, so March could be a really terrific month. Thanks for the dust, and please keep it coming!!

We heard about a new Sushi place that is supposed to be really good, so we went there tonight. It''s actually very close to my office. It''s a really cool and hip new place. While the sushi is expensive, it was absolutely fantastic. We won''t be able to afford to go there too often, but we will definitely go again. This weekend should be fun. Charlie''s off the entire weekend. Tomorrow, we''re having breakfast at a new bagel place near us and the guys who own it are from NY, so they supposedly make NY Style bagels and breakfast bagel sandwiches. Then were'' going to the new condo to take some wall measurements, followed by some shopping to see what we can find in some furniture pieces we know we''ll need at the new place. Sunday, we''ll have a typical (for us) day, including a nice long workout at the gym in the afternoon.

I''m sorry you had a "Rod Uber" day Marcy. And I hope your hand feels better soon. Thanks for the dust dear friend.........

Yay for the scale not noticing Burberrygirl and Yay for a good workout last night.........My back is definitely better. I might have pushed it a little too far last night at the gym, but I seem to be doing OK tonight. Thanks fro the dust!!

Oh no for even thinking you''d want to hit the reset button and having to start a week over Panda. I miight have hurled myself off the roof of my office building if I had woken up this morning and found out it was Monday again........Aggggghhhhhh!!! I hope things calm down for you........

I''m glad you can do most things dragon!! I''m sure you do miss your runs. Just a few more months, right?

OK....Have a great weekend everyone!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.I am so excited that the weekend is finally here.I am living the high life now; I borrowed Marty’s Bose headphones and have been listening to my IPOD tonight.I need some of these babies.

My hand was better today but I decided I could shuffle cards at lunch today – WRONG.The third time I tried it I was right back where I was.Grr.

Marty is off to play golf tomorrow and go to a concert.I am going to go look at carpet samples again and I have a hair appointment.I think I’ll be shopping for some headphones and it should be nice enough for a walk in the park.Woo hoo!Today we had about 5 inches of snow but it wasn’t very cold so I am sure most of it will be melted by tomorrow.

I have been telling a few of my students about the school cancelling my classes so I wrote a letter to send everyone.I think the word is getting out there anyway and soon the summer course catalog will be released so I kind of want them to hear it from me.

Burberry, glad to hear no one told your scale about the slip ups this week.I don’t know when my spring break is – it must be soon though.Of course teaching online I still get papers turned in to grade. I am so sorry about you having to have your dog put down; sounds like Mel took it hard too.Hugs to you both.Sounds like your mom was good at keeping dinner warm for your dad.Yes, I learned pretty well to keep things warm but those 100 calorie buns are so thin they just went from toasted to cement in no time flat.

Panda, sorry to hear you had such a rough week.I hope you get rested up this weekend.

Dragonfly, that is great you can do so many things without making yourself sore.

Rod, I have heard that too to take a little bit of time off from weight lifting.As much as you work out you probably aren’t sore too often.I hate to hear about the company putting the offer on hold – that sounds like a bad thing to me too.Mega dust still coming your way from windy Wyoming that a lot of your candidates get offers and they accept.How fun to look for furniture for your new condo.I am glad to hear your back is doing better.

I am so going to go shopping for these head phones tomorrow.They are awesome.

Take care and have a great weekend.

Marcy

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I got the new job!!!!! YAY
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

So, school and TTC are still kind of stressful, but it''s time to get back on the bandwagon. we''re going to Chinatown today for Bahn Mi and Avacado shakes, but tomorrow I''m going to get back on the band wagon with a week of clean eating and yoga. Then I think I''m going to start menu planning on the weekends and hitting the 30 day shred again! So, I''ll be back on this thread too
2.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! Today I walked for 30 Minutes and then a bit later did 50 jumping plie squats, 25 sit ups (all the back could handle, but at least I know I''m re strengthening. It was supposed to be v ups, but I couldn''t do the legs, low back still isn''t strengthened enough, it hurt), 60 mountain climbers, 25 push ups with shoulder taps, 30 upside downs? (5 knee highs, drop to ground, jump back up repeat), 30 skater jumps, and 25 one armed knee push ups. I was exhausted when I was done. I had to skip leg raises that it called for because of the back again.

Rod - Sorry to hear you were sore, but I think your workout buddy is right. Your muscles need some rest periods to recover, and it can really help you to strengthen more. I hope that''s what will happen with me and strengthening my core through all this. I have 2 months before I''ll be back to running. My chiro said this week that if I feel ok, I can do super light (3.7-4 mph) jogs. Basically shuffles. I might do that some. I''m also ok''d for the elliptical, so I''ll be getting on that over the next week quite a bit. I so wish SO liked sushi... he''s finally getting to where he''ll watch me eat it at least. But there''s only one very expensive place in town that sells sushi along with regular stuff.

Marcy - sorry your hand is bothering you

Bella - WOOO HOOO!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I got this joke today – I thought it was pretty cute.Rod sorry it doesn’t apply to you – not that you aren’t smart or anything.

With time, women gain weight because we accumulate so much information and wisdom in our heads that when there is no more room, it distributes out to the rest of our bodies. So we aren''t heavy, we are enormously cultured, educated and happy.
Beginning today, when I look at my butt in the mirror I will think? Good grief, look how smart I am!?

Marty took off to Denver about 11 this morning.He and some friends are playing golf then they are going to a concert tonight.I met a friend for lunch then went shopping for awhile.I got my Bose headphones – woo hoo.I need to download some new songs to my IPOD.Sadly we got more snow last night so I am don’t plan on walking outside today.I think I’ll wander the mall for awhile when I go out later to get my hair cut.

Bella, congratulations on getting your new job.

Dragonfly, yay for another great workout.My hand is bothering me again today – I took some Advil and it seems better but I sure don’t want to take that all the time.

I am off to try out my new headphones.Sweet.

36.gif

Laters,

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......I never got the chance to check in yesterday. We really had a fun day. It was still cold down here, but pretty, without any clouds. We started the day with a visit to the new condo to take some more wall measurements. We''re getting excited about the new place. Even though it''s much smaller, it''s pretty cool and the things we''ll be able to walk to are just pretty cool. Then we went furniture shopping. We have to buy new dining room furniture since our furniture, while beautiful and is from Italy, is simply too large for our new smaller space. And our entertainment center was custom designed and built-in, so it has to stay with the condo. We found exactly what we want at Scan Design. We tend to like more contemporary furniture. We went to a restaurant on the water for dinner. We sat outside and it was a bit too chilly, even though we were sitting under heat lamps. But the sunset was beautiful over the bay, so it was fun. Today was a pretty normal Sunday. It got all the way up to the mid-60s. It was just a spectacular day. No wind, blue skies, no humidity, so having coffe at Sbucks under the oak, was really nice. Then we went to the gym for a nice long workout. My back is getting better every day, so I was able to lift my regular weights. And I wasn''t in pain today, so that as good! We made lump crab cakes and steamed veggies for dinner......yummmmm! I''m not ready to start a new work week, but we didn''t win the the lottery this weekend, so I don''t have a choice........I hope you all had a great weekend..........

Yay for new headphones Marcy!!! Boo for your hand still hurting. If it doesn''t get better soon, you might want to think about seeing and Orthopedist or getting an MRI........Wow, still snowing? And I''m still sorry you have to be letting your students know about the incredibly stupid decision to end your class........
38.gif

Hey Bella.......Congratulations on the new job!!!!!

It sounds like you''re doing great dragon!! Strengthening your core is the absolute best thing you can do. Period. Before "Rebuild Rod" I would hurt my back often. And each time I did, it would go on for weeks at a time. I was so heading for surgery. Now fast forward to today and my core is significantly stronger. And when I do hurt my back (which happens very infrequently now), it''s only a couple days and then I''m back in the gym. I''m sorry SO doesn''t like sushi. I''m lucky Charlie likes it as much (if not more) than I do.......

Again, have a great start to the new week everyone........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Since I had a lazy Saturday I had a busy Sunday. I went grocery shopping, did laundry and spent a lot of time doing dishes. I made us a pot roast so we have lots of leftovers for lunch this week.
My hand is slightly improved but still flares up a lot.

Rod, I am so glad to hear how excited you and Charlie are about your new condo. Being able to walk so many places sounds great. That is good news your back is doing better. I wore my headphones tonight when I was working on my second batch of dishes. We had pretty decent weather today. Yippee.

Beach Runner, I got my jelly beans today. They are far too tempting so I am putting them out at work tomorrow so they''ll disappear quickly and not end up on my hips.

Take care everyone. See you in next week''s thread.
Marcy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results