shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 19th May til 25th May

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone. Not too many plans for me today. I''ve been relaxing at home all morning and will head to the gym in a little while and do my work out. D and I are going to take Amber to the park later on also for her walkies.

Dee*Jay-sorry to hear that you''re still sore! Hopefully you''ll be fit as a fiddle in no time.

Glad to hear that you''re still working out and getting your hiking in Mara! Enjoy that dessert!

Maryc-you''ll definitely have to get more of those size 8''s!

Rod-I can totally understand what you''re saying about being terrified not to find a job and terrified to find a job! It sounds like a promising one is coming up for you though! I''ll keep my fingers crossed for you!! Wish Charlie luck for his interview!

Steph-great to hear that you enjoyed your run! I''m enjoying myself doing nothing for the few days
3.gif

Talk to you all later! Have to drag my ass to the gym
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning all, I had a busy busy busy day yesterday. I went to go help my parent's out; people are installing new windows in their house. Yesterday I had a bagel, eggwhites, center cut lean bacon for breakfast, lunch was veggie soup, cheese sticks and toast, then for dinner I made whole wheat pasta w/tomatos and lean ground beef; we also had spinach salad and a bowl of cherries for dessert.
3.gif

Okay, summer is officially here; we had a high of 89 yesterday and 92 today
emhot.gif
. Crazy weather; last week we were in the low 60's and now 90's?!?! The news said we are unusually warm for this time of year by 10 degrees. I hope this isn't a trend. The good thing is that we have zero humditiy which helps.
3.gif
It is muscle hour for me tonight
1.gif
Have a great day all
35.gif

DeeJay, I am worried about you too! I hoping you feel better soon!!!

Dragonfly, I love watermelon!!!! Yay for losing weight! Are you close to the fires?

LP, it is hot out there too! Good for drinking more water; I am too! hehe
3.gif

Apple, yay for TBT class. MMMM homemade chicken stock; I love the homemade stuff!

Bee, your walk in the gardens sounds lovely. Yay for your trip! Wow, good for the workouts!

Hey Mara, enjoy the hikes!

Marcy, glad you had a wonderful day; you are so sweet! I still need to iron, bleh. hehe You guys are nice and cool up there.

Rod, YAY for an interview!!!! Sending good PS dust for a job!!!!!!!!! Darn to icky sushi, wow the new one opens fast!!! Good news.

Steph, yay for your run! Sorry about the fire's I saw they are pretty bad
15.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2008 9:32:02 PM
Author: marcyc
Ellen, I also hope you don’t think I was making any comment towards you either – it is a LOL comment and see above as to what I was thinking. I apologize to you as well. It certainly does get the point across very well to me.
Oh marcy, no need to apologize! I took it for the rather hilarious comment that it was. No offense taken.
2.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, guys. Well, just got back from Target again...I really need to stay away from there! We are supposed to have Andrew''s first swim lesson this afternoon, but thunderstoms are supposed to be rolling in so we''ll see. I want him to have his lesson, but we really could use the rain. I am planning to do weights and either the elliptical or a run outside tonight if it''s not raining. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a quick morning flyby...........It''s cloudy again this morning, which is rather unusual. We did have coffee on the terrace, but it''s pretty humid again today. Charlie has his interview in a little while, but we''re not thinking it''s a job he''s particulary interested in. They wouldn''t say what it was for, but we suspect it''s insurance sales and he''s definitely not a sales person. He''s going none-the-less just for the experience if nothing else. We''ll go to the gym this afternoon, otherwise not much else happening today. Thanks for the good wishes for my interview tomorrow. It''s an individual contributor role and I''m more used to being in a leadership role, but I need a job and this could be lucrative. It offers unlimited income potential, but it is pretty much only commission. I guess we''ll see tomorrow.

I''ll check back in later. I hope everyone is looking forward to a nice day.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Good morning everyone! How have you guys been? I feel like I update too little. Last night I made Paula Deene''s Tuna Burgers with some sweet potato fries. Yummer. This morning I had Kashi Go lean cereal with some low fat lo cal vanilla yogurt and some cherries. mmmmmmmmm. I''m down another pound YAY. Last night I did Self''s most recent Self Challenge strength work out, and did 50 jumping jacks between each move. This morning I did 20 mins of yoga and then did 30 mins of walking on the treadmill, going 4mph with an incline of 6. Just the walking burned 280 cals!! This evening I hope to go jogging and do some more sculpting moves. I ordered some dance videos that are salsa/ballroom based and are made to help you sculpt and lose weight so I''m hoping I''ll enjoy those.
Ladypirate - yay to getting settled and that''s a funny story indeed! Water always makes me feel better! I bet the increased intake is due to heat :razz:
Bee - yay to good work outs! Do you enjoy the salsa dancing?
Rod - good luck with the job hunts!! Did you get any rain around you this weekend? Do you think the cloudiness could be in relation to the fires in Daytona area??
Skippy - I''m not close to any. I''m in the north Central part of FL, but I have family in Melbourne and SO has family in West Palm area, so they are close, and we''re keeping an eye on them. If the family in Melbourne has any problems they''ll come stay with us, and SO''s family all have campers so they can camp in nearby camps and hang with us if need be.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hello, all.

Skippy~ (from last week''s thread) I don''t live in Chicago, but I live in central IL. Usually I''m quite far from most PSers, it was surprising that you were coming so close! I hope you have a great trip!

Steph~ Great opener!

My endoscopy is over (yay!) What a strange experience. (okay, I had to have the colonoscopy, too. I didn''t want to talk about that portion, so I avoided that all together!) I have severe acid reflux (which I could''ve guessed) and it has caused gastritis and esophagitis, which aren''t a big deal. I had an esophageal stricture which the doctor dilated. I actually REMEMBER that part of the procedure! Uncomfortable to say the And, at the ripe old age of 28, I have diverticulosis. (which limits the seeds, nuts, popcorn foods because they get caught). I guess it''s good to know and maybe watch out for, it''s just weird.

I have a sore throat and I''m still tired from being on liquids for so long, so I''m gonna go for now!

Have a great tomorrow!

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Healthy Lifestylers,
I am one of the many lurkers that enjoy this thread. I saw some discussion in last weeks thread about ground turkey and wanted to post a recipe for a Turkey Burger that was part of the "Oprah''s Top Picks for Summer" episode from 5/16/08. Here is an excerpt from her website about the burger, the recipe and the Mar-a-Lago Pear Chutney recipe:

Oprah found a new favorite food when she tried this turkey burger at Mar-a-Lago, Donald Trump''s private club in Palm Beach. "I believe [it] may be the best turkey burger in the entire world," she says. The Mar-a-Lago Turkey Burger will be permanently available at the Trump Bar and Grille in Trump Tower in New York City, open to the public for lunch and dinner. It will also be served during lunch in Chicago at Sixteen, the Trump International Hotel restaurant.
INGREDIENTS
1/4 cup scallions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
3 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
1/8 cup canola oil
4 pounds ground turkey breast
2 Tbsp. salt
1 Tbsp. black pepper
2 tsp. chipotle Tabasco™
1 lemon, juice and grated zest
1/2 bunch parsley, finely chopped
1/4 cup Major Grey''s Chutney, pureed

Sauté the scallions, celery and apples in the canola oil until tender. Let cool.

Place the ground turkey in a large mixing bowl. Add sautéed items and the remaining ingredients. Shape into eight 8-ounce burgers. Refrigerate for 2 hours.

Season the turkey burgers with salt and pepper. Place on a preheated, lightly oiled grill. Grill each side for 7 minutes until meat is thoroughly cooked. Let sit for 5 minutes.

Serve with a side of Mar-a-Lago Pear Chutney and your favorite toasted bread, pita or hamburger roll.

Mar-a-Lago Pear Chutney

INGREDIENTS
1 Anjou pear, peeled and diced
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. sea salt
1 1/2 cups Major Grey''s Chutney
1/4 cup dried currants or raisins

Preheat oven to 350°.

Toss the diced pears with the cinnamon and salt. Bake on a parchment-lined cookie sheet for 10 minutes.

Cool and mix with the chutney and currants or raisins.

I have not tried to make the turkey burger yet, but it sounds yummy. Enjoy
35.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Evening everyone. I''ve had a nice day today-just went to gym and then dozed for a while and D and I went to the park for a few hours with Amber. It was really funny as the new session of bootcamp started today and I haven''t signed up as I''ll be away for over three weeks out of the 8 week period, but it was so much fun laughing at the others doing it today
11.gif
I know it will be pay back for me when I join again in September but it was great fun gloating while on my nice walk.

Skippy-sounds like you were busy yesterday! You seemed to do really well with your eating though. Enjoy the nice weather and muscle hour.

Rod-that''s strange that they wouldn''t tell Charlie what his interview is for. I suppose all experience is good when it comes to interviews though. Wish him luck.

Dragon-that''s great that you lost another pound!! WOOHOO
36.gif
You seem to be doing tons of exercise. Our Aerobics teacher is spanish and so the aerobics and stepaerobics is all done to spanish dancing like salsa, mambo etc. It''s great fun!!

Something-glad to hear that your endoscopy is over! Hopefully you''ll be feeling a bit better tomorrow.

Welcome Libster
35.gif
Thanks for the recipe. I''ll have to try ground turkey. Never had it before.

Hi Steph and Ellen
35.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Hello All! I did my walk/jog routine for 30 minutes when I got home today. It was hot out, but not humid so it wasn''t too bad.

Also for dinner tonight I added onto my chicken salad recipe. I had quite a bit of leftover chicken from my soup...kroger sells a colassal rotisserrie chicken, so when I get that one its enough for my soup and another meal. Anyway I made the salad with shredded chicken, corn, celery, red onion, bell pepper (orange), roma tomatoes, avocado and lettuce. I usually dont have the corn and tomatoes, but since I had to get some fresh ingredients at the store I thought those sounded yummy.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. We got some rain here today so the temps really cooled off again but only down to the 60’s. The rain smelled great. I took my crew out for lunch at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants. I ate weird today – for some reason I had the munchies and craved salt so I had some nachos (only ate ½) at lunch with cheese and beef then for supper had toasted sour dough bread with peanut butter along with baked lays. The salt probably will show up tomorrow but I think I’m cured of my salt cravings for awhile.
14.gif

Bee, I am glad you had a great time at the gym today and had a lovely walk. How fun for you to have a few days to relax.
Skippy, that was nice of you to go help your parents out – they will enjoy having new windows. It sounds like summer has arrived there. I am happy to pay the cleaners to press our shirts after trying to iron them myself.
Thanks, Ellen. We were on the same page then.
Steph, we had a rain storm move through here. There was a loud crack of thunder near the house and I really jumped. I went to Lowes, Sams and Target tonight and did some damage to the pocket book. I hope the weather cooperated so Andrew could have his first swimming lesson.
Rod, I hope you had a great workout at the gym.
Dragonfly, yay for being down another pound and for burning off so many calories.
Somethingshiny, I am glad your tests are over, sorry to hear you have some things wrong but hopefully they will be able to help you control them. I hope you’ll feel better tomorrow.
Libster, I’m glad to see you here! Thanks for the recipe; it sounds great.
Appletini, that’s great you can get several meals out of the rotisserie chicken. I love chicken.
Well, have a great evening.
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......This needs to be somewhat quick. I''ve got some research to do to be prepared for my interview in the morning. Charlie''s interview was just what we thought........Insurance Sales. And not just insurance, but Medicaid, i.e., working with people over 65 and that''s absolutely not Charlie. Plus, it''s 1099, meaning he wouldn''t be an employee. I think it actually borders on illegal. I''m from the staffing industry and the true definition of a 1099 (independent contractor) is one who really works completely independent and does not take direction from anyone. I read over the information they sent home with him and it''s clear they train you, mentor you and set deliverables for you. He''s obviously going to pass on this fabu job!

I had an interesting time at the gym today. I was doing just fine and was in the middle of doing my weighted squats, when pop, I pulled muscle in my back. I knew immediately what I''d done and I knew I had to stop my workout. I haven''t hurt my back in over 2 years and it''s such a disappointment that I did today. I''ve worked so hard on strengthening my core that maybe I forgot that anyone can hurt their back. I will likely need to take a few days off from the gym. That will really bother me. But, I''ll heal quickly and be back in the gym as soon as I can.

David Archuleta was unbelievable tonight on American Idol!

I wish we had zero humidity, like you do Skippy. Our temps are about what your temps are, but the difference is we have 1 billion percent humidity, or so it seems! After all these years I''ve gotten used to the humidity in Florida. At least we never ever get dry skin! LOL Such a sweet daughter helping your folks out!!

I hope Andrew''s swim lesson was fun and uneventful Steph!

Yay for beng down another pound dragon. Sounds like you''re eating super healthy! I had no idea you lived in Florida too?? Our clouds have been rain clouds, not from the brush fires.

SS, I''ve been thinking about you. I had the double test (colonoscopy and endoscopy) like you did a couple years ago. I''m sorry you have a sore throat and you have the issues you listed. I''m sure with the proper diet and medication, you''ll be just fine. Feel better soon!

Welcome Libster. Thanks for the recipe!

Hey bee*, I''m glad you had a nice day!!

Your salad sounded terrific Apple!

Have a nice night everyone. I''ll let you know how the interview goes when I check in tomorrow afternoon.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, sorry to job that Charlie interviewed for was pretty much a scam. The world is a bit crazy these days. I feel bad for you hurting your back. Take care of it and yourself so it heals really soon. I wish I had some of your humidity; my hands get splits in them all the time from being dry. Good luck at your interview tomorrow.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Just a fly-by...

Weather totally dropped off here. We barely hit 60 today! Giant salad for supper because I have to eat during the entire Hell's Kitchen show! But, I added it up and it was only 400 calories (which admittedly is a lot of salad, but low in the grand scheme of calories!) No yoga today because I was just too drained, will be back on track tomorrow (with maybe a little belly dancing thrown in).

And, the BIG news: I'M OFF CAFFEINE!! I've been working at it for quite a while now, cutting down from 6+ Diet Dews a day. I haven't had any Diet Dew or even tea since Saturday! Now, it'll just be a nice little treat! And, when it gets cold again, I'm sure I'll drink more hot tea, but at least I won't HAVE to have it. I didn't think caffeine did anything for me as far as alertness, but my body was so used to running on caffeine, when I dropped off I also nodded off! I know my energy will increase again and my skin is looking and feeling better, too. And, DH ended up cutting way down on his soda by proxy. It's also good to know it's one less bad habit we'd be teaching JT. And, I've discovered, you drink too much soda if you can drink Diet Dew with toast, pancakes, or cereal!

Rod~ Isn't Medicaid a state run insurance? How could they try to scam with the 1099?? Sorry to hear about your back. Maybe a bit more time under the oak will help you along the recovery.
2.gif

Sounds like most of you had really good days recently! Have another one tomorrow!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
SS, Congrats on quitting caffine! I know for a lot of people it is very tough. I have even gotten DH to reduce his Dr.Pepper intake (he quit the dew awhile ago). I know it will be tough for a little while, but you will be amazed by how much better and easier it is for you to go to sleep. Not to mention drinking water is so much better for you, and more economical. I am very caffine senstive so even drinking tea will throw off my sleep schedule for a few days, but I will occasionally have it at work if I''m worried about staying awake during a boring meeting.

Rod, Get well soon!

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all!
35.gif
Well, it''s been a rough last few weeks and I''ve admittedly fallen off the wagon a bit. I am one to hit the gym usually 5-6 times a week every week, but it''s been nearly a week since I''ve been there
emsad.gif
. I do plan to get back there tomorrow now that I have my car back (broke down late last week) and that work is hopefully slowing a little bit (it''s been insane lately). It seems that things tend to spiral out of control all at once and right now I feel very much out of control. But I know I''ve been here before in the past and that it''s not a sprint, it is a journey. I''m ready to pick myself up and get right back to it. I am thinking of Lorelei''s inspiring words from weeks past and especially with regards to making a new start when you slip up a bit.
emsmile.gif
And I think of all your inspiring weight loss stories and ready to make my own!

Sorry I don''t have the chance right now to address everyone individually but I promise to catch up with everyone soon. I hope you are all doing well - have a great night!

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/20/2008 10:21:46 PM
Author: Rod
Hey.......This needs to be somewhat quick. I''ve got some research to do to be prepared for my interview in the morning. Charlie''s interview was just what we thought........Insurance Sales. And not just insurance, but Medicaid, i.e., working with people over 65 and that''s absolutely not Charlie. Plus, it''s 1099, meaning he wouldn''t be an employee. I think it actually borders on illegal. I''m from the staffing industry and the true definition of a 1099 (independent contractor) is one who really works completely independent and does not take direction from anyone. I read over the information they sent home with him and it''s clear they train you, mentor you and set deliverables for you. He''s obviously going to pass on this fabu job!

I had an interesting time at the gym today. I was doing just fine and was in the middle of doing my weighted squats, when pop, I pulled muscle in my back. I knew immediately what I''d done and I knew I had to stop my workout. I haven''t hurt my back in over 2 years and it''s such a disappointment that I did today. I''ve worked so hard on strengthening my core that maybe I forgot that anyone can hurt their back. I will likely need to take a few days off from the gym. That will really bother me. But, I''ll heal quickly and be back in the gym as soon as I can.

Have a nice night everyone. I''ll let you know how the interview goes when I check in tomorrow afternoon.
Rod - Good luck with the job interview tomorrow - sending lots of dust your way! Sorry Charlie''s interview was a scam, and hope your back feels better soon.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, so sorry about the back
15.gif
Sending lots and lots of PS dust for tomorrow friend; you will wow them, hugs and prayers headed your way from NM for your interview!!!

Marcy, I should pay someone to iron. hhehee Glad you had some wonderful rain.

SS, yay for no caffine; wished you lived in Chicago! I will think of you when I am flying over IL sweetie!

Sweet dreams all; I am watching my cutie pie nephew tomorrow so I might check in later in the evening.
35.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, looks like we posted pretty much at the same time again tonight. Sorry I missed you. Thanks for the good wishes for tomorrow and about my back. Hopefully I'll heal quickly and tomorrow will be good.

SS., You may be right. Perhaps it's Medicare, not Medicaid, but whatever it is, it surely isn't for Charlie....LOL I'm betting you're right too that more time under the oak will make my back feel better too!!! Good for you quitting caffein. I'm afraid with my love of coffee, that's not something I could do right now. I don't drink softdrinks of any kind anymore. I used to be a Coke-A-Holic, but gave up Coke/Pepsi or anything like that about 3 years ago.

Thanks Apple!!

And thanks to you PW too! I'm sorry you've had a rough time lately, but I'm glad you know you can regain control and get right back on the fitness wagon. We know you can too!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Somethingshiny, that is our high temp for the next few days too. Yay for being off caffeine – it sure made a big difference for me and I really notice it when I have it now.
Appletini, it is amazing how you’ll crave caffeine until you get used to not having it all the time. I sure noticed it was easier for me to fall asleep when I quit having any caffeine.
PW, sorry to hear you’ve had some rough days recently. You certainly have the right attitude though – just pick yourself up and go right back on track. Rats for your car breaking down, I am glad it is running again.
Skippy, after standing here trying to iron a few of my new shirts one night I quickly decided the $2 I pay the cleaners was worth it – it took me about 40 minutes for 2 shirts and they didn’t look nearly as good as when I get them back from the cleaners. Have a swell time babysitting your cute little nephew tomorrow.
Rod, it’s funny we often post at the same time. I hope tomorrow goes great for you interview wise and back wise.
Well, I must get ready for bed.
Sweet dreams!
35.gif

Marcy

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Morning all! Yesterday was nice. Andrew had his first swimming lesson....it didn't end up raining which is good for him, bad for our lawn
1.gif
. He loved it and wanted to know if swimming lessons were going to be everyday! I said no, but we sure would be using our pool a lot now, the water felt perfect and swimming is such good exercise. Even with a 3 year old, I still burn lots of cals in the water. I'll tread water or do different leg and ab moves while holding onto the side. It is a great way to sneak in exercise while having fun. Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

Dragonfly, that sounds like the healthiest Paula Deen recipe I have heard of. She must have done a healthier recipes show.

Hi Libster
35.gif
. Thanks for the recipe. I actually just bought all these pacakages of ground turkey from Costco b/c they were such a great deal so I needed some new recipes. Thanks!!

Bee, sounds like you are enjoying your time off.

Apple, I love getting those rotisserrie chickens. It always makes so many meals for us and I usually do a salad for lunch with the leftovers...so healthy!

Marcy, I love Mexican. Sometimes I feel like your body craves things for a reason so just give it what it needs and move on. I really do have to somewhat stay away from salty though b/c it makes a major difference to me. I am usually up 3 or 4 lbs after a Mexican meal, so I really have to only have it once in a while.

Rod, oh no about your back. Hope you feel better soon and def. take it easy until you feel better. Woohoo, our boy David A. did great last night. I really think he's got it in the bag. David C. was good too, it was really a very entertaining night. If you are reading this before your interview, GOOD LUCK today. Let us know how it goes!

SS, hope you weren't eating when that dude chopped part of his finger off
40.gif
...I made Adam turn the channel, b/c I really got queasy when the couldn't find it and started looking in the food. Wow, off caffine. I am so dependant on the stuff. Ugh, I really need to cut back but I don't think I could ever go off completely. Good for you!

PW, you have the right attitude. I read Dr. Oz's book and the way he put it is that if you fall off the wagon, stop where you are and make a U-turn back to healthiness. I really think about it that way after I eat really poorly or don't get my exercise in. Good to "see" you here!

Skippy, have fun with the nephew!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Morning all. Guess what. I''m totally 100% sick today
8.gif

Steph - It is a great recipe and very healthy!!! You simply mix a few cans of drained tuna with bread crumbs, 2 eggs, horse radish, celery, lemon juice, and onions. Make sure you have enough bread crumbs to make them hold. Form patties, and cook :) OH and the celery and onions are chopped. Quick and simple, and a great side is some baked sweet potato fries.

No workout for me this morning, maybe later after I go to the doctor. I don''t feel good
39.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

Rod, I am so sorry you hurt your back. Good luck with your interview!

Dragon, I am so sorry you aren''t feeling well.

Stephanie, I''m glad you had a great day yesterday!

Skippy, I get to see my nephew this weekend, I am so darn excited. Enjoy your time with yours!

So I''m here, and eating healthily but don''t have much else to report. I desperately miss working out, but my time is so limited. I never thought I''d say that I can''t find the time to workout. I am still doing things like playing sports with my class, and walking with them, but that''s about it. So I feel silly writing when I have little to say.

Have a great day all.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/21/2008 9:43:43 AM
Author: KimberlyH
Hi All,

Rod, I am so sorry you hurt your back. Good luck with your interview!

Dragon, I am so sorry you aren''t feeling well.

Stephanie, I''m glad you had a great day yesterday!

Skippy, I get to see my nephew this weekend, I am so darn excited. Enjoy your time with yours!

So I''m here, and eating healthily but don''t have much else to report. I desperately miss working out, but my time is so limited. I never thought I''d say that I can''t find the time to workout. I am still doing things like playing sports with my class, and walking with them, but that''s about it. So I feel silly writing when I have little to say.

Have a great day all.
Kimmy, even if you pop in, post one word like Hi - then leave immediately, we are always so pleased to hear from you!!!
35.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kimi, enjoy time with your nephew. This will be my first time baby sitting him more than 1 hour, yay, silly sis. I have a quick question if you don''t mind. What time of day is the best time to do the Architecture River boat tour??? Thank you

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! Hope you are all well. I got up early enough today and went to do my gym workout. My sister came with me so it was nice to have someone to chat to. Just about to head into work for the afternoon. Can''t believe my time off is finished
8.gif

appletini-that salad sounds delicious!!

Marcy-glad to hear that your salt cravings are gone! I think it''s sometimes better to confront the cravings and give in a small amount rather than ignore them until you can''t anymore!!

Rod-best of luck in your interview! Sorry to hear that Charlie''s interview was for a job he wasn''t into-ah well, put it down as experience. Sorry to hear that you hurt yourself. Take it easy for a few days and you''ll be good as new soon. Best of luck again!!

Something-glad to hear that you''re off caffeine-that''s so hard to cut back on so well done!!

Patiently-don''t be too hard on yourself. You can get back in control-just head to the gym tomorrow for a work out. Once you go once and do it well, you tend to want to keep it up. Life gets in the way sometimes and it''s unavoidable so don''t beat yourself up. You can get back into it.

Skippy-enjoy minding your nephew!!

Steph-glad to hear that Andrew enjoyed his swimming lessons. I think it''s such an important thing for a child to learn so it''s great that he enjoyed it.

dragonfly-sorry to hear that you''re ill. Take care of yourself.

Hi Kim and Lorelei
35.gif

Well I''d better go to work. Talk to you all later tonight!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Hey gangarooni--
35.gif

Total pants weather here--so no outdoor walk today. Did the rounds yesterday and altho it was overcast, it was humid and quite warm. Also did my squats and rode the bike for a short time. Today just hte latter indoors. I have gained a bit of the weight back I lost post-op--but sadly I noticed my bottom is a bit flatter (not so high now! boohoo); must work on the soggy bottom! All my summer clothes are quite loose right now, but I am sure that will change (a month''s vacation in Cali and eating out all the time will surely add some needed pounds!!).

Enjoy your day, folks!

cheers--Sharon

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning, this is funny because I don't know what I have planned today except my nephew. hehe I bought a ball the other day so I can play kick ball out back with him. I need to do a little bit of cleaning this morning before he gets here.

Hey Ellen!!!

Hey Lorelei!!

Sharon, whooo hooo for the bike ride and workout!

Rod, sending you lots of prayers today!!!!

Kimi, have a great day!

Steph, yay for Andrew enjoying swimming! Good for you working out too! Did you get your LV purse or are you still figuring it out?? I don't blame you if you are taking your time to find the one you like best.
1.gif

Bee, glad you had a great workout w/your sis; pretty soon you will be flying to Perth. hehe

Dragonfly, hope you feel better soon!

Marcy, thanks! Tomorrow is suppose to drop to the 70's yay; 20 degree drop weird.

SS, have a great day and yay for no caffeine, especially the evil Mt. Dew. hehe

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
hello all! i have been super busy both in and out of work lately, so i haven''t really kept up with the thread for the past couple weeks, but i wanted to pop in and say hi. i''m happy to report that i weighed myself at the gym on sunday and being good about my eating and exercising has finally paid off, as i''m back down a couple pounds. so that is definitely extra motivation to stay on track. my body is so, so sensitive about what i eat that i really do need to be on my best behavior most of the time. i wish i could eat cupcakes all the time like mara, but that''s not the way i''m built!

i saw that there are still some interviews happening, so lots of dust for those. sorry i can''t respond to everyone!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Steph~ Actually, I prepared my salad after the finger incident. I was looking in the panchetta pan myself!! It was such a clean slice, I still think it was mixed in there! I was going to start swim lessons with JT this summer. He''ll be 2 1/2 in August which is when one of the classes starts. He loves to be in the water and we live so close to the river, I want him to learn to swim ASAP.

Thank you all for your positive thoughts on quitting caffeine!

Well, I better get going. yoga starts soon
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results