shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 15th March till 21st March

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
congratulations Merrymunky!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I think I''m in my turning point right now - FINALLY posting in the healthier lifestyle thread! I''ve been considering it for weeks, but the part that will help me (the accountability) was also the part that was getting in the way...I think I''m ready for it now - I''m happy to be here
36.gif

LovelyHearts

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi everyone,

I am not having a good week... We had a blast in Vegas, and today was my last day off. My manager called me this morning and told me that my company laid off over 120 people. In my team, there was me, another girl, and our manager, and the other girl got let go. I feel horrible about it, even though she was a bit of a complainer. But even then, she didn''t deserve to get laid off. She has 2 daughters and they are the sweetest kids.

Anyway..... my turning point.. was recent. Before I had kids, or even got married, I used to work out 4-5 times at the gym so that I can eat whatever I wanted without worrying. But after having 2 kids in 3 years, I have been struggling with getting my weight off. I was asked to be in my friend''s wedding. I know I won''t be happy with my current body in the dress she picked, so I need to lose the weight. Also, I''m juggling so much right now, and I really need all the energy I can get.

I have so much to say to each of you, but since it''s already late, I''m going to make this quick.

Marcy - I cooked the mac & cheese tonight, and it was yummy! It didn''t look like it would make as much as it did. I think I might have leftovers for the rest of the week. I served it as a side tonight with meatloaf and a small salad. Thanks for the recipe!

Bev - Welcome! I just joined the thread myself a few weeks ago. It''s really helped me to stay motivated and to stay on track. It''s a support system and I love it!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,

Sorry, I''ve been MIA. I am struggling to keep up at work and I constantly feel like I''m behind. My work week is spilling into the weekends, which is making me unhappy
15.gif
Tomorrow, we''re furloughed but, of course, I''m working. Arghhhhh.... at least I can work in my jammies. I made it into the gym this past weekend but I need more hours in the day for myself!

Lorelei, thanks for your opener this week. It really speaks to me. I''ve often said that I need to hit a wall before I really get motivated. Some days I feel like I''ve hit it and other days, I forget that I did. I need to find more focus.

Marcy, you continue to be an inspiration. I really admire your consistency. Oh dear, that article is most disturbing.

Beach, every time you talk about running, it makes me want to try it. I gotta find some trails around me...

Bev, welcome! I''ve dropped in and out of this group but everyone''s always welcoming and supportive. Congrats on completing your first 5 and 10k''s! That''s really awesome!

Apple, I love the longer days too... I gotta start taking advantage of them.

Dragonfly, cleaning and riding horses count as exercise!

Bella, ooh, I have 30 day shred and am thinking about joining a new pilates studio. I''m looking forward to hearing how it goes for you.

Merry, YAY for hitting your target
36.gif

Sharon, glad to hear the cold weather is giving way so that you can enjoy the outdoors.

Deegee, thanks for sharing your story. I''m glad you''re feeling so much better now.

Pinki, you can push through!

SS, yeow, sorry to hear about your continuing bathroom remodel problems. Thank goodness you dodged the house fire!

Hi Rod
35.gif
Sorry your post got swallowed up.

Maevie, welcome!

Lovely, sorry about your tough week.

Hope everyone is doing well!

LovelyHearts

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Happy Hump Day everyone!

I''m having a better day... it''s only 5:50am but I am determine to change my outlook on this week. I have so much homework this week, I have no choice but to stay positive.

DH and I woke up bright and early at 5am to do the Insanity Fit Test today. My heart is still racing since we just finished but I feel good! We''re going to try to commit to waking up at 5am to workout and maybe on the weekends, take turns to go to the gym for a different type of workout.

I also talked him into packing lunch for work so that he can eat healthier. His argument has always been that he doesn''t want to carry anything on the Bart train, which I think is kind of a stupid excuse. But he agreed so I packed both our lunches last night. My angle with him is that he has to help me stay motivated... and so far, it''s been working.

BR – Jelly Belly Sports beans? Do they taste alright? I bought our first whole grain loaf yesterday at Trader Joes. We usually buy the Sara Lee also, but the white whole grain. I’ve always disliked white bread because growing up, my mom used to call it air bread. I remember it breaking easily when I made PB&J. Maybe it was just the brand she was buying. LOL

Dragonfly – is Alice in Wonderland scary? My niece has been asking me to take her, and if I do, I would have to bring my 2 year old and my 11 month old. The movie looks a bit…. edgy in the commercials…
Bella – I agree with you on the low/no nutritional value foods. I’ve been talking to DH about that all week. I’ve started eating healthier, and I feel much better even in the last couple of weeks. Good luck! Maybe we can trade recipes.

Maevie – Welcome!

Have a good day everyone.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Just popping in to say WELCOME to Bev and Maevie!!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
35.gif
Bev and Maevie!

Just a quick post to say that working out hasn''t gone so well this week (I cut my finger really badly about a week ago and working out makes it hurt more and I am a wimp...but it''s getting better, so hopefully working out can start soon)

But...

the food thing is so...much...better!

I don''t know how I ended up eating so much crap. I am on day 3 or 4 of eating just whole foods, not counting calories, still eating pasta, jsut sticking with ingredients I know and understand, and doubling my fruit and veggie intake, and I feel so much better. not so bloated, not so tired, much more engery...I don''t have class this week which helps, but I am really going to try and stick to this next week to when class resumes.

So, next week I am going to ramp it up and pay attention to calories and start working out (tough b/c I have mid-terms next week and it''s basically my last week at my job before I go on vacation for a week, come back to work for one final day, and then start my new job) but I feel so much better that I think it''s really going to be worth it.

YAY for yummy healthy food!

P.S. The Stoneyfield Farm cream top French Vanilla yogurt is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! very rich, but amazing! Esp when mixed with a little peanut butter, some cinnamon, and a pinch of salt and used as a dip for apple slices!!!!!!!!!!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock

Hump Day, yay!

36.gif

Another beautiful day out! I’m stuck in the office. Boo. I got home from work yesterday, went for my run, and went to REI (I need a running hat/visor and all the women’s hats are just too big for me). I tried on a child’s hat and fit great on me. I think I’ll try and find a visor to keep the sun out of my eyes. Husband and I had chicken tacos for eats. They were delicious of course. Today I’ll do some speedwork and make some stir-fry.

Dragonfly- Thanks for the movie brief. Johnny Depp just plays those roles so well! Don’t you just hate when you feel tired for no reason, blah.

Marcy- My cousin swears by Brooks shoes as well. My NB were very light, but I feel like they didn’t offer me the support as other shoes too. How many miles or hours do you walk for the walk you’ll be doing?

LH- I’m glad you enjoyed yourself in Vegas. I’m sorry to hear about the layoffs. Awesome for the am workout. Again, jealous of people who can swing that! Re: jelly belly sports beans; they have many flavors and they don’t taste bad. They certainly aren’t for eating as a snack. I eat them during my long runs to give me energy. They are packed w carbs, electrolytes, and vitamins to replace what you’re using during exercise. Overall, yes-I like the taste and find them very tolerable to eat. Awesome on the whole grain bread! We bought a oat whole grain bread this week-looks good. You’ll know if they sneak in enriched flour in there; it’ll prob be the 1st or 2nd ingredient listed on the list.

Panda- Get out there and do it! My advice-don’t get discouraged. It’s tough at first, but, it does get easier, and you can do it!

Hi Rod. Sorry about the PS monster!

21.gif

Welcome Maevie!

35.gif

Hello SS!

35.gif
Hope the pregnancy isn''t too tough!

I hope TLH is doing well in her new home.

And hi to Lisa wherever you may be!
35.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Bella- Awesome job w the eats! Cutting out the processed foods really make a difference in how you feel.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I just got back my walk/jog. While I was out I saw my neighbor, she recently had a baby and asked if I''d like to walking/exercising with her in the evenings. I said of course, this will help keep us accountable.

I had Mexican food for lunch today but I split my entree with one of my coworkers so we saved some money and calories.

Tonight''s dinner is one of my favorites and is fairly healthy, its Ina Garten''s broccoli & bowties
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/broccoli-and-bow-ties-recipe/index.html

Last night''s dinner was from the Fast Easy Fresh section of Bon Appetit, and it was great too. Spice-rubbed steak with tomatoes and white beans
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Spice-Rubbed-Steak-with-White-Beans-and-Cherry-Tomatoes-357350

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........Loooooooooooooooooong and frustrating, but productive day at work. I was still there at 7 PM. Ugh. I came home to a nice salad with steamed shrimp for dinner. Now, I''m taking a quick break from doing more work to say hello. So, hello. Tomorrow''s a gym night.

I''ve been clocking too many hours these days, so something''s got to give. I''m going to be checking in less often for a while. Besides, I''m not sure I''m contributing much anymore as I really think I sound like a broken record by pretty much saying the same things day after day after day. I do love all my ladies here on the HLT, so I won''t go away completely.

OK.......I''ve got to get back to work.............

Everyone take care and keep working on your healthy lives. I promise to do the same.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.I had a nice day.I went to my supervisors class for work today.We got out 2 hours early so I picked up a pink hat for my walks, met my parents for coffee break, went for my walk, got supper ready, packed our lunch and started a batch of laundry all before 5 pm.Woo hoo!

We had to run out for a few things tonight.I was looking at computers in a store and some guy asks if he can help me.I told him I was just looking and then he said what kind of a laptop was I looking for and I said pink.Boy did he get a funny look on his face.Too bad Marty missed it; he would have been on the floor.

Welcome Maevie.We are here for you.What are your goals? (If you don’t mind sharing them).

LovelyHearts, how awful to find out they let some people go at work.I am glad you enjoyed the mac and cheese.That is nice to have leftovers the rest of the week.I got supper out of my roast tonight and BBQ sandwiches for lunch tomorrow.Yay for a great workout to start your day.

Panda, I am sorry to hear you are working so much.Thank you for the kind words but trust me I have to work at it every single day.It feels good to be out there walking now that the weather is nicer.Of course we do have a winter storm moving in tomorrow night so I’ll be pacing the floor in my house again.

Hi Somethingshiny!

Bella, oh no for cutting your finger!I hope it gets better.Yay for the food being so much better.

BeachRunner, too funny we picked up hats today.I got a small forgetting it would need to over my headphones.It is just a baseball cap so I can adjust it so hopefully it will fit okay.Chicken tacos sound yummy.They have a 1K or 5K walk / run here for the race for the cure.I have been walking the mile.I was going to do more last summer but my mom wanted to walk a mile so I walked the mile with her and my mother-in-law.

Appletini, how wonderful to find someone to workout with.I am hoping one of my neighbors notices me out walking and will join in with me.I had a neighbor that wanted to walk with me last summer but she moved.Thanks for the recipes.

Rod, I hate to hear you won’t be checking in everyday.I will miss you.

Take care.

35.gif

Marcy

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the welcomes all - quite embarassing start to joining the thread though - bailing out for 2 days :) whoops! I will have to be better

Yesterday I ate pretty well - just 2 small pieces of dark chocolate before bed.. this morning it all fell apart again - 3 cookies (oatmeal chocolate chip -divine!) for breakfast..
38.gif

I''m about 5"1''and 100lbs so I don''t need to lose weight, but I do need to get in better shape.. but I just started my first real career job within the past 7 weeks and feel like I''m still struggling to keep up at times

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
(I am however, on my way downstairs to my basement to do 45 minutes on the elliptical before work - catch you all later)

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I went to my SLAM class today...we did a lot of shoulder work, so I''m sure they will be sore tomorrow.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Good morning all! So last night I did awesome. I did 40 mins and 3.1 miles on the elliptical with some sprints mixed in, and then went home and did 40 mins of weights
36.gif
. I''m planning to do similar tonight, but cardio will be through Billy Banks I think. I dunno, Haven''t decided. I have extra time and I got in some good reading while on the elliptical... hm.

maevie - welcome!!! Glad you are joining us!

Panda - love the new av!

Lovely - I would not recommend Alice in wonderland for children under 7. I think it could be scary for them... esp the Jabberwocky, and the very odd people.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We will miss you Rod but do check in when you can ok????

Welcome Bev and Maevie!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
alright - I only made it 30 minutes on the elliptical, but it was more than I felt like doing so it''s a small victory :)

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
RODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD _ DON"T GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Rod~ You will be in our thoughts daily! I can''t imagine your hectic schedule. Enjoy a bit more time with Charlie and sleeping!! Keep up your healthy lifestyle, you''ve inspired so many of us!

See you later!

Everything''s going okay. I have sis''s bachelorette party and bridal shower this weekend. I''ve made sure to include some foods that I can eat! JT and I took a walk today. It felt soo good! But, we''re supposed to get snow again tomorrow!
7.gif
If any of you have SPring, please send to me....

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Oy! I can''t believe this is the first time I''m posting in a WEEK!!! Things are just so busy I guess. James is basketball-ing-OUT, and I"m SOO bored with having sports on. Sigh!! BORING! I really haven''t been doing much workout-wise as I have been just a little bit under the weather. Slight fever & headache. I tried running on Mon and got a headache. Today we had a super short 1.5 mile run with the dog & sis. It went a lot better. I got new running shoes that I"m going to take on my 8K this Sunday so I wanted to take them out for a couple of spins before the Shuffle.

Beach, HELLO friend!!! Thanks for thinking about me. :) COOL hydration pack! I want to get one too. Those Jelly Belly sport beans are REALLY good aren''t they! I wonder if they''ll be on sale for EAster....
20.gif

Lorelei, I have to say my turning point was finding this thread. Having all of you guys here is such a wonderful community and someone to hold me accountable. So Yay!!!

Marcy, sorry work has been a bear for you. Hooray on your eats, though. I *LOVE* the pink running shoes! picture? Definitely cheers to you for the race for the cure. I''m sorry your wrist is bad. Can you try acupuncture? That saved me from my wrist pain and it totally doesn''t hurt at all anymore.

Bev, WELCOME WELCOME!!! Awesome with your 5 & 10Ks. :) We''ve got a fair bit of runners in this group so we can keep each other "company" on our runs. I love yoga AND pilates. Yoga is good for your flexibility but as a runner you need some lateral training as well, which pilates can give you. This will protect your joints/muscles as you''re running.

Apple, glad your class was good. The article you linked was great! How has the Thurs classes been?

Dragon, I''m glad your shoulder is doing better. Hope your low back gets OK too. And gosh my dear, you are DEFINITELY not one of the older members here... Unless your signature is very out of date.
25.gif

Bella, how''s the new job? It takes a while to get into a routine but you''ll be fine :) Pilates & 30DS sound great. Go you on your eats. Whole grains etc are so tasty, AND healthy for you. I like how it TASTES like grains, does that make sense?

MERRRY!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Sharon, Yay! I''m glad the snow''s melting for you :) Enjoy the nice weather :) Ours is turning pants after tomorrow.

Deegee! Long time no see :) Your story is definitely an inspiring one as well!!

Pinki, I''m a tea JUNKIE! I have a few teas from Teavana. I''ll have to check out that white tea chai. :) Definitely upping the water intake helps with feeling full.

Shiny, BUMMER your shower broke. And Thank GOODNESS nothing worse happened with your dryer. Hope you get your W/D set. I *love* appliance shopping, even though I don''t ever. I just like looking at that section in Home Depot. :) Hope your shower can be fixed in time.
7.gif

MAevie, WELCOME!!! Awesome hitting the elliptical :)

LH, sorry you''re having a rough week. Its'' always tough when ppl get laid off.

Panda, I totally know what you mean about needing more time in the day for yourself! I haven''t hit the gym yet either. Boo STINKERS! I''m going to hit the gym tomorow since James will be home watching basketball and taking care of the dog (or at least he''s supposed to be).

Rod, we''ll miss you if you leave.
7.gif
Hope things get better for you Hugs to you my friend

That''s all for me! Eats have been healthy but WAAAAAY too much! I need to curb that! So that *again* is going to be my goal for the next week. To log EVERYTHING I eat. We''ll see how this goes.

My dad''s going to China, he might just end up staying there and forgoing his return trip. he and my mom have split, which is a good thing because they were making each other miserable, and now they can actually be happy individually. But I''m sad that I don''t get to see my dad before his trip.
7.gif

That''s all for me. I''m going to make it a point to check in with you all tomorrow.

~Lisa

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.It looks like we ALL don’t want Rod to leave us.That would be very sad.We hope you’ll check in now and then.

My day went well.Crazy busy at work but we rushed off to a planning meeting for the local Botanic Gardens and spent a few hours there.They are thinking of building a telescope observing desk on top of a silo so they asked for our input.It would be a great deal for the club.

We picked up McDonalds (yes you read that right) McDonald’s for supper.It was about 8 so I had half of a burger and a few fries.They had all sorts of goodies at the planning meeting including delicious looking brownies and chips and salsa but I didn’t eat anything.

Funny thing I used to really crave or miss things like cookies, candy; pretty much anything sweet.This week I have been out of fruit and it is driving me crazy.My mom left me a grapefruit today so I cut it up already for breakfast so I can make sure and get some fruit in the morning.Last weekend the grapes and strawberries looked awful and I thought I had some of the little mandarin oranges fruit cups at home but I was wrong.At least I had my raw veggies to help tide me over.

We have a snow storm moving in tonight.We are expecting about 9 inches of snow here by tomorrow evening.

Maevie, I find once I eat something like cookies or candy that is all I want the rest of the day.Yay for going to workout before work.

Appletini, you Slam class sounds like a workout.

Dragonfly, sounds like you are really kicking up your workouts.That is great.

Lorelei, I like your new avatar.

Somethingshiny, that is wonderful to plan ahead for the party and bridal shower and make sure there is some healthy food there.We are getting snow too.

Lisa, I hope you are feeling better.Acupuncture?Good plan.I will have to check around town and see if we have someone that does that.Sorry to hear about your parents but sometimes people just do better getting away from each other.I hope you get to see him before he goes.

Well, I need to go pack lunch for tomorrow.

Take care.

35.gif

Marcy

pinki

Shiny_Rock
I''ve been naughty this week and not updating, but it''s been an insane week! I feel like I can''t catch up on anything, but after work today I have a brow waxing appointment, running to gather some last minute items for my Special Olympics fund raiser on Saturday and then NOTHING the rest of the night. WHEW!!!

I''ve hit 173, which is a tiny victory, still not at my 172 goal...what the heck. Oh well tough, my clothes are starting to get big, so hopefully muscle gain is what''s keeping my weight the same.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! I promise to be a better poster next week!

Cj

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/17/2010 9:52:46 PM
Author: Rod

Hey........Loooooooooooooooooong and frustrating, but productive day at work. I was still there at 7 PM. Ugh. I came home to a nice salad with steamed shrimp for dinner. Now, I''m taking a quick break from doing more work to say hello. So, hello. Tomorrow''s a gym night.

I''ve been clocking too many hours these days, so something''s got to give. I''m going to be checking in less often for a while. Besides, I''m not sure I''m contributing much anymore as I really think I sound like a broken record by pretty much saying the same things day after day after day. I do love all my ladies here on the HLT, so I won''t go away completely.

OK.......I''ve got to get back to work.............

Everyone take care and keep working on your healthy lives. I promise to do the same.

HI:

I don''t clock in here everyday either--but keep the faith! We''ll see you Rod, when you can stop by! Keep well!

TGIF everyone!
35.gif

cheers--Sharon

LovelyHearts

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi everyone. Happy Friday indeed. It''s been quite a hard week for me. Trying to stay positive and motivated, but it''s hard. At least the weather is nice. Maybe we can do something fun with the kids tomorrow. I started a new class on Monday night and I have a new team, so I''m optimistic. Work is busier than ever because well, I''m doing twice the work now that half our team got laid off. The girl that got laid off is very irrational I am watching my back when I leave the office. Who knows what she''s capable of. Everyone at work is stressed out and in a panic mode. You can see it on all their faces. Overworked and trying to adjust. I know things will get better but in the meantime, how do we all keep from going crazy? LOL

Rod, We''ll miss you. You''ve definitely inspired me.

Lisa - I hope you feel better.

I hope you guys all have a good weekend.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Friday! woo hoo!
36.gif

Well, I got to work from home today. It was lovely. It''s snowing like crazy here and didn''t want to go out in it today
2.gif
We probably have about 5" out there now, but could have been more if it wasn''t so warm during the week. It''s suppose to continue to snow until tonight, so we''ll see how much we end up with. I did a short run Thursday with weights. Friday is my day off of working out. I''ll probably do about 5 miles on the treadmill tomorrow, and make Sunday my long run, which will be around 11 miles. Eats have been OK; not super healthy, but nothing bad.

Rod- Please check in often!

Marcy- How much snow have you got? We have a Botanical Gardens about a mile from my apartment. I''ve never been in it, but always run by it. McDonalds is just one FF rest. I can not eat at. We''ll get FF if we''re traveling/in a big hurry, and I''ll pick Wendy''s or Arbys.

Lisa- Oof, my husband is glued to the bball maddness as well. I''ll watch occasionally, but, too. much. bball. I pay $1 for each pack, but I guess that''s pricey considering you get about 10 beans or so. Yes, I highly recommend the hydration belt. Originally I wanted the Camelbak, but after reading reviews, etc, I went with the belt and love it. I can''t feel it at all, and its super easy to get water.

pinki- It''s funny, I don''t even step on the scale. Health isn''t measured by a number, so I really don''t care about it. As long as you are feeling well, that''s all that matters, IMO. But, I do understand about a weight goal, so, way to go!

Hello Sharon and LH!
35.gif

SS, have fun at your sister''s parties. Fun!!

Hello Maevie! Great job with the elliptical!

Dragonfly- Again, awesome job w the elliptical!

apple- Your eats sound wonderful. That''s so great about walking with your neighbor= motivation when you don''t have much!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I had my Friday off today, which I really needed. I spent my day buying plants and flowers for the yard. I just got back from a 40 minute walk.

Beach,
Your post reminded me that I forgot to call my neighbor today to walk with me. I got distracted with my landscape plan for the yard.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
no elliptical today but I ate healthy with just one oatmeal chocolate chip cookie a moment ago - nearly bedtime now because I work tomorrow too (boo for working 6 days a week - at least it''s over soon)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi.I am so glad the weekend has finally arrived.We got about 4 inches of snow.Only 2 other people showed up for our astronomy meeting tonight so we all went out for pie and chatted for awhile.I’ll save my program on galaxies for May.

We are going to play some cards with friends this weekend and go to dinner with my family.I might make some low fat lasagna tomorrow.

Food was mostly good today.I had my grapefruit before going to work and ate my cheerios once I got to work.Lunch was some pasta and a small biscuit.For supper we had 2 tacos.They had cookies, brownies and donuts at work today but I passed them all up.When we went out for pie tonight though I did have a warm piece of peach pie but left most of the crust.

Pinki, how wonderful your clothes are getting loser.That is always a wonderful feeling.

Sharon, is more snow heading your way?Winter definitely came back here.

LovelyHearts, I hate to hear things are so stressful at work.

Beach Runner, I think you had more snow than we did but a lot of it melted here because the ground was warm.It looked like we had about 4 inches but it is sure icy underneath.Sunday looks like a nice day so you’ll have a good day for your long run.I haven’t eaten at McD’s for a long time.I like Wendy’s the best too but since it was about 8 pm I picked McD’s since it is right down the street from us.

Appletini, how fun to be working on your garden already.I plant mine the first weekend in June.

Maevie, glad to hear you had a good food day.How long do you have to work 6 days a week?

Have a great weekend.

35.gif

Marcy

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hey folks. It''s SNOWING today.
7.gif
Not as much as Beach and Marcy have been getting but we had 65F weather for 3 days and now it''s snowing!
39.gif
I can''t wait for the summer....

Didn''t work out yesterday. I meant to but I left work kinda later than I wanted and that push everything back. Eats were pretty good. We made grilled snapper, shrimp skewers, grilled asparagus, rice pilaf and salad. It was tasty. Sis declared it to be a celebratory dinner for James (he got promoted to a manager at work).

Today we''re doing dim sum. I''m going to try to hit the gym as hubs is watching *more* basketball. Maybe Sis and I can do something...

Tomorrow is our race, James and I will be running. Sis asked are you not going to run if it''s crappy? I was like "Heck no! This race cost $48 to register!! I''m freaking running it!" So at least i have some motivation to not wimp out...
5.gif

Rod, we''ll hear from you when you check in. Hope things are going well.

Marcy, I hope they build you guys a telescope. That''s pretty neat! I''m getting more into fruit since living with James. I used to be CRAZY into fruit, then that kind of switched to veggies. Now James being home, I''m eating more fruit, but the same amount of veggies. Maybe I should give up red meat instead Ha ha! But I''m anemic so I really shouldn''t...

Pinki enjoy your little break in your hectic schedule. Hope you got stuff for you fund raiser. :)

LH, I hope nothing weird happens with the other girl that got laid off. And I hope things settle at work. Hugs.

Beach, You''re so inspiring with your runs. I''m still waiting for some decent weather here so we can start running outside :) Sis got a hydr. belt. She likes it, but lost the top to the bottle.
7.gif

Apple, hope you enjoyed your day off. Hooray for gardening! :)

Maevie, bummer you have to work today. Keep up the good eats :)

~Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results