shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 15th March till 21st March

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all!

Just kicking us off quickly again, Monday mornings have been a bit busy for me recently. Would any of you like to take turns in doing the thread? I am fine to continue its just that things have been a bit hectic on Mondays of late so if anyone would like to take the thread just let me know!

I was thinking this week of how I would feel if I didn't work hard at staying in shape and keeping fit and active. Although it is hard at times, the rewards of putting that effort in are so worthwhile. I know if I let myself get out of shape I feel unhappy with myself and that can negatively affect many parts of my life, so to me, taking care of myself is a non negotiable part of my life as my wellbeing both physically and mentally matters to me.

There was no particular turning point that I can think of, just one day the penny dropped that I could eat and enjoy life yet stay slim and fit without deprivation. Years on, I have found a way of living that works for me.

For our newer HLT members, what were the turning points for you? What finally made you say enough was enough and that you were going to embark on a healthier lifestyle in order to reduce weight and gain fitness?

Have a great week
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great opener, Lorelei! If you want I can start out the week''s thread on Sunday nights (since I am usually the last to post anyway). Do you want to alter weeks - months? Maybe someone else is interested too. Whatever works for you and the team is fine with me.

My turning point to change was finally being so tired of feeling bad, not being able to walk or stand for more than a few minutes and pretty much worrying all the time that a stroke or heart attack was literally a heart beat away. I wore size 5X clothing (all stretch) and my blood pressure was dangerously high. I had a rapid heart beat and didn''t sleep well probably from sleep apnea based on how much I snored. I literally reached a point where I realized I had to change or die. Thus began my journey. Now that I am 1/2 of my former size I feel so much better, look better and though I know being morbidly obese most of my life took a toll on my health I know being healthier is worth all the effort it takes.

Today I struggle with keeping weight off but I continue to weigh out my food, walk and keep on track. My old habits are often trying to get through but most are well under control. The biggest difference is if I am bored and stressed I will eat a mini candy bar or 3 instead of a king sized bar. I will eat baked lays or 5 crackers with a little peanut butter instead of a batch of popcorn with butter. I honestly enjoy eating my raw veggies and fruit and will miss them if I don''t.

As Lorelei often says, slow and steady wins the race.

Have a great day!
35.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock

Happy Monday everyone!

35.gif

I had a great weekend; it went by too fast though. My husband and I went to the St. Patty’s Day parade downtown. It was such a beautiful day out and we really enjoyed ourselves. After the parade we went to a local running store where I (finally) bought a hydration belt. I used it on Sunday and already LOVE it! I’ll get to that run later. We had whole grain pasta for dinner, then watched the West Virginia Mountaineers win their first EVER Big East title!! What a game! We woke up late on Sunday (thanks to DST). I had some oatmeal for eats, then went for my long run. It was lightly snowing, and figured I’d be ok. About ½ mile into my run, it started snowing big, wet flakes. I was soaked and cold, but managed to finish my 10 miles in about 1 hr 30min. I had my water and tried out the Jelly Belly Sports Beans; loved em both! When I came back home, my husband had hot chocolate made with soy waiting for me b/c he knew I’d be cold. How sweet, right?

To answer Lorelei’s question about my turning point: You know, I was never overweight or really unhealthy. I’ve always been relatively thin, but had my problem areas. I really got into fitness/healthy lifestyle about 2.5 years ago. I don’t know, nothing clicked or changed for me; I just felt way better living healthy. After I eliminated dairy from my diet is when I really felt better, and knew I never wanted to feel like that anymore. I’ve toned up and have focused on my running. It’s something I love to do, and although takes up a decent amount of time and at times, its really inconvenient, I still do it (even in the snow).

LH- I’m glad you’re enjoying whole grain. My husband doesn’t like brown rice or ground turkey. He’ll get over it. As for a bread recommendation, I think we buy a Sara Lee brand bread. I buy whatever is on sale (we spend around $2.50 on bread). Again, just read the ingredients to ensure the absence of HFCS.

Marcy- Obesity scares me to death. There are so many false advertisements out there about unhealthy food being healthy. Portion sizes are getting bigger and bigger, and many people seem to not care. It really pains me to see children eating this way. I’m sure we’ll see it get worse before it gets better. On a lighter note, I’ve discovered Jelly Belly Sports Beans; while they don’t taste as good as our Starburst beans, it’s an excuse to eat jelly beans! And, I really did notice an increase of energy when I needed it!

Hello to the rest of all the group!
Enjoy your Monday!
1.gif

Bev

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!

I''ve been a PS lurker for a long time (mostly on the ''show me the ring'' forum), but found these forums and have decided to get involved! Hope you guys don''t mind a newbie.

In high school I was pretty athletic. Then in college I gained weight, wasn''t working out as much and had a hard time losing the weight I gained. A few years after I graduated I had my son...and well, I am still in the process of trying to lose the baby weight.

I think the turning point for me was just feeling "blah" about myself. I had no energy, and everything I put in my mouth made me feel sluggish and weighed down. Because of this I decided to start walking with my son in the stroller. Walking turned into jogging here and there, which turned into running. I just completed my first 5k and 10k. Hopefully I can train for a half marathon some day. Running has given me the energy I need to take care of my son, my house, and myself. With the busy(ness) and choas that comes with having a family, I fear losing track and not taking the time for myself to work out and eat right, which is why this forum is great!

Hope you all have a great and healthy week!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I went to my Total Body Training class today. Our warmup was very tough we had to do 20 reps of a gorilla jump followed by 2 pushups, but getting in and out of pushup position really had some extra jumps in there, so our heart rates got way up. This time of year really motivates me, I just love being outside to enjoy the weather and extra sunshine. I'm planning to walk or walk/jog when I get home this evening.

And to answer Lorelie's question of my turning point....I have always been "thin", I never really had to exerice or watch what I ate, of course post-college my body did some changing but I was still small compared to most people. I would exercise occasionally but was not consistent. Around the time I got married the company I worked for merged with another and I moved to a new building (my current building) and we heard all about the gym in the basement and a lot of people in the department would exercise during lunch. Well one of my close coworkers and I got lucky and sat next to each other, she started going to the gym. And one day I decided to go with her at lunch and join. At the time the goal was stress management, I had a lot going on with house hunting, learning to do my same job a new way, and going down the path of the Newlywed 9...I had turned into a complainer and in general seemed to be angry a lot due to stress. Once I started working out at lunch on a regular basis, my stress levels decreased, I was happier, I had a burst of energy to get through the afternoon, and of course my endurance and physical health improved as well.

Bev, Welcome! The more merrier! Glad to see you made the committment to yourself! I'm sure it makes you a better mother and sets a good example for your son.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/15/2010 9:17:38 AM
Author: marcyc
Great opener, Lorelei! If you want I can start out the week''s thread on Sunday nights (since I am usually the last to post anyway). Do you want to alter weeks - months? Maybe someone else is interested too. Whatever works for you and the team is fine with me.

My turning point to change was finally being so tired of feeling bad, not being able to walk or stand for more than a few minutes and pretty much worrying all the time that a stroke or heart attack was literally a heart beat away. I wore size 5X clothing (all stretch) and my blood pressure was dangerously high. I had a rapid heart beat and didn''t sleep well probably from sleep apnea based on how much I snored. I literally reached a point where I realized I had to change or die. Thus began my journey. Now that I am 1/2 of my former size I feel so much better, look better and though I know being morbidly obese most of my life took a toll on my health I know being healthier is worth all the effort it takes.

Today I struggle with keeping weight off but I continue to weigh out my food, walk and keep on track. My old habits are often trying to get through but most are well under control. The biggest difference is if I am bored and stressed I will eat a mini candy bar or 3 instead of a king sized bar. I will eat baked lays or 5 crackers with a little peanut butter instead of a batch of popcorn with butter. I honestly enjoy eating my raw veggies and fruit and will miss them if I don''t.

As Lorelei often says, slow and steady wins the race.

Have a great day!
35.gif
Hi Marcy!

That would be great, did you want to take a month then I can do one, or anyone else can join in too if they want? I think a new perspective would be good for the team if you are agreeable! Did you want to start next week till middle of April or something like that/

Welcome Bev! Good to have you with us!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone! Lorelei once again you''ve come up with a great opener. I wanted to say I''d be willing to jump in with a week opener now and again if others would like.

I spent this weekend half off. I cleaned our tack room yesterday though which was as good as any work out (saddles are pretty heavy, and sweeping...). I took SO''s sister to see Alice in Wonderland 3 D yesterday. I rode both of my horses. I Just wasn''t doing "traditional" exercise haha. But back to the grind tonight.
I know I''m an older member, but for me, the turning point was when I realized I couldn''t walk through a mall without getting winded, and couldn''t jog for anything. I hated how I looked, and how I felt.

Bev - welcome and we''re glad to have you!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/15/2010 2:29:01 PM
Author: dragonfly411
Hey everyone! Lorelei once again you''ve come up with a great opener. I wanted to say I''d be willing to jump in with a week opener now and again if others would like.

I spent this weekend half off. I cleaned our tack room yesterday though which was as good as any work out (saddles are pretty heavy, and sweeping...). I took SO''s sister to see Alice in Wonderland 3 D yesterday. I rode both of my horses. I Just wasn''t doing ''traditional'' exercise haha. But back to the grind tonight.
I know I''m an older member, but for me, the turning point was when I realized I couldn''t walk through a mall without getting winded, and couldn''t jog for anything. I hated how I looked, and how I felt.

Bev - welcome and we''re glad to have you!
Thats great Draggy! How about Marcy does till the middle of April then you do a month from mid April to mid May?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/15/2010 2:34:57 PM
Author: appletini
Lorelie, Marcy, Dragon,
I get the Jillian Michael''s newsletter and today''s had a story about putting yourself first instead of last and learning how to say NO. Might be a good topic for the future.
http://www.jillianmichaels.com/fitness-and-diet-tips/Taking-Control
Thats an excellent article Apple and its so true!!! Definitely food for thought, that could make a very thought provoking and useful topic!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei - that sounds great!!
Apple - I love that article... I love Jillian too hehe!

Marcy - when you get tired of them let me know and I''ll jump on in :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/15/2010 4:17:21 PM
Author: dragonfly411
Lorelei - that sounds great!!
Apple - I love that article... I love Jillian too hehe!

Marcy - when you get tired of them let me know and I''ll jump on in :)
Thats great Draggy!!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ladies-Life has gotten quite hectic, but I am hoping to get into a new routine in the next few weeks. I start a new job at the beginning of April and want to make this transition be about taking care of myself and getting more balance into my life.

So, Pilates tonight and 30 day shred tomorrow:)

Also, I am going to try and eat pretty much only things that are in the form God made them for the next few weeks, or processed with ingredients I understand (whole grain bread, organic diary products, good pastas...). I realized the other day that I am slowly but surely gaining weight b/c I have gotten really sedentary at work (which means I need to work out more consistently outside of work) and b/c I''ve started eating a lot of take-out and packaged foods b/c I am so busy. This is not good for our budget and not good for our waistlines and not good for our palates--it''s like we crave salty, sugary, greasy processed foods--I have not usually been like that and it is scaring me. Also, I feel itred all the time, and I don''t think it''s just from stress, I think it''s from eating so much low/no-nutritional value food.

DH is on board, so we''re going to try it. We''re also TTC and I''d love to loose some weight with that in mind--plus all my nice work clothes are kind of tight/lumpy looking which is not the impression I want to make at my new job
3.gif

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all.

Popping in to give you an update.

I have now lost 31lbs. (2 stone 3 lbs) and tonight hit my 10% target. Yep, since January I have lost 10% of my total body weight. Incredible!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
merrymunkey that is amazing
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Lovely and warm out today--had a lovely walk by the golf course. Yay for outdoor activity now the snow is melting!

Shout out to all the folks eating well, exercising, and feeling great!
35.gif

cheers--Sharon

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Great opener, Lorelei. My turning point came after a trip to California in September 2008. I had gained so much weight that none of my clothes fit, and I refused to buy anything new for the trip. I wore jeans and long sleeved shirts the whole time. I nearly had a heatstroke at Disney Land! I broke the top of my foot while in California, and was still having lots of pain and swelling 8 months later when someone at work organized a Weight Watchers at Work series. I joined thinking losing a little weight would help my foot heal better (and also help my chronic back problems), and ended up losing more weight than I ever thought I could. It''s amazing how much better I feel.

marcy - I just don''t know what to say about that story. That''s terrible! It''s that time again for me to get another WW at Work group together, and people don''t seem too interested. They tell me they can tell what a difference losing weight has made for me, but that they don''t have the willpower to do it themselves. I guess everyone has to experience that "I''m not going to be this way anymore" moment themselves. I''m hoping I can get a group together to help support my friends who have done so well so far, but still have a way to go.

beachrunner - you said something a few weeks ago about when you lived in WV... I need to buy a size 2 or 4 tall. I can''t find them anywhere around here, and one of my friends told me that it was probably because of where we live. I didn''t get what he was saying at first, but it finally hit me. How do you get your calcium in each day with no dairy? I don''t do much dairy, and my mom is always giving me grief about calcium.

Hi Bev! Congrats for completing the 5k and 10k. That''s awesome!!!

appletini - exercise is a huge stress buster for me. I have been working too late these days and am lacking in the exercise department, and I can tell I''m starting to have a short fuse during the day! I''ll definitely be reading that article you posted after I take the dog for a walk in a few minutes.

Hi dragonfly - how''s the back/shoulder?

bella - congrats on the new job, and good luck getting into a new routine!

merrymunky - woo-hoo!!!!! Congratulations on your awesome accomplishment!!!!

Glad your snow is melting, sharon.

Have a great tomorrow everyone.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.Work was not too bad today, actually a little boring but I was very good on my food.Woo hoo!We had homemade tacos for supper followed with some slow churned ice cream.

I wore my pink new balance running shoes today and always get a lot of comments on them.They are very pink all right.I plan to wear them this summer to walk in the race for the cure.I was already recruiting people today for this summer.

My hand is still bad so I am using one of those bean bags for your hands / wrists on my laptop and it seems to be helping.Yes, even Marty is starting to tell me to get it “fixed”.

Beach Runner, I was thinking of going to the parade too but my boss was out of town so I told him I’d stay in town this weekend in case we had any issues at work.I am glad the parade was fun.Glad to hear you got in your 10 miles in the snow and how sweet of your husband to be waiting for you with hot chocolate.I so agree on portions getting bigger all the time.Marty and I split meals a lot and we usually don’t finish what we get.To think I used to eat an entire meal myself plus dessert.Thankfully those days are long gone.

Bev, welcome! How wonderful you worked up to running and congratulations on finishing 5K and 10K races.

36.gif

Appletini, I am getting excited to get outside too.Spring is wild and crazy around here but we’ll have some beautiful days between now and June so I hope to get out and walk on those days.Enjoy the sunshine!That is great that working out reduced your stress.I have a lady working for me now that worked for me years ago and just came back.She doesn’t really go in to detail but she says I am a very different person now – I don’t get stressed and irritable.I know that all has to do with feeling better.Thanks for the link - I think that will be next week''s topic.

Lorelei, I would be delighted to take a month – I will take the next 4 weeks.Yes, I was pretty shocked and saddened by that article.

Dragonfly, I am sure cleaning your tack room was a workout.I used to not be able to walk the mall – now Marty gets tired and sets down waiting for me to be done shopping.Fun isn’t it?Like Lorelei said – I will start the thread for the next 4 weeks then you can start them for 4.It will be fun!

Bella, congratulations on the new job and woo hoo for taking care of you.That is great your husband is on board with eating more healthy foods.

Merry, I was just thinking about you last night.Congratulations for losing 32 pounds and for being down 10% of your body weight.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Sharon, I am glad you are having some nice weather.My snow drift out front is down to about 6 x 4 feet and is only about 8 inches high.It has been there most of the winter and just slowly going down.

Deegee, I am so glad you feel better now.I know what you mean about that story.I want to email that lady and tell her not to do it.That is just crazy!You are so right that everyone has to have that moment that sparks the motivation and determination to make those necessary changes.

Okay, I am off to put on my Bose and pace the house for awhile.Tomorrow night should be nice enough and light enough to walk outside after supper.I am leaving a small roast and veggies in the crock pot all day tomorrow.I love coming home to a house smelling delicious and a dinner already to go.

Take care.
35.gif

Marcy

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/15/2010 5:38:35 PM
Author: merrymunky
Hello all.

I have now lost 31lbs. (2 stone 3 lbs) and tonight hit my 10% target. Yep, since January I have lost 10% of my total body weight. Incredible!
WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do you feel?????

pinki

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/15/2010 5:38:35 PM
Author: merrymunky
Hello all.

MerryMunky, you are a complete inspiration. I'm getting so frustrated, I've been stuck at 174 for 3 weeks now and I'm getting frustrated, but your updates keep me going. Any tips?

Bev - Welcome!

Sorry I can't say HI to everyone individually, but I'm in a quick rush.

I'm still stuck as I said above, but this week the weather has been amazing so I can get out for lunchtime walks and evening bike rides on top of my morning gym visit. Also, I just discovered a new Chai Tea blend that is AMAZING and I have to share: I got it at Teavana and its a White Ayurvedic Chai & Samurai Chai Mate. It is absolutely amazing, and they claim it helps keep you feeling full which isn't why I got it, I just loved the flavor, but I think they're right! I've been pounding back this tea because it tastes so good and I haven't felt hungry at all. Maybe its just all the water I've been drinking via the tea making me feel full? Anyway, I love love love it.

Quickly, my turning point was seeing a photo of myself with my grandmother before she passed. I had always been thin and fit, and in this photo I looked like my obese cousin and was shocked that is how I looked. I'm humiliated to display that photo even though it means so much to me, so it's been a huge motivator so that I never have to feel ashamed of how I look.

Previously I was a huge runner, was 5'4" and 115lbs. I looked amazing...then I started working full time after High School and went to University at night. I did this for 9 years...9 years of no working out, eating on the go, working 40+ hours a week and going to school 4 nights a week is not conducive to a healthy lifestyle. I'm now done with school so in September I joined the gym and go every morning, 5 days a week, I do yoga on Wednesday nights, and then try and be as active as possible at night and on the weekends taking walks and trail bike rides. I started at 190 and I'm currently stuck at 174. Food is my biggest battle since I love being active so I'm always looking for new suggestions and helpful hints.

Cj

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock

Hello Tuesday!

35.gif

I did weights, stretching, and abs on Monday. I ate soup and a salad for dinner. Meh.

40.gif
Being at work today is torturous. It’s soo nice out. I can’t wait to get home and go for my run. We may even see 70 degrees on Wednesday.
10.gif
Eek!

Hello Bev and welcome fellow runner! Congrats on the 5 and 10k! I’ve never ran anything but a few 5ks. If you can do a 10k, you can certainly do a half! Although, training takes up some time, but still doable! I’m training for a half in May.

Hi Dragonfly! How was Alice in Wonderland? I heard mixed reviews.

Bella- Good luck with your rearranging of your schedules, and TTC. How exciting!

MM- CONGRATS! That’s so awesome!!

36.gif
36.gif

Sharon- I love being able to do things outdoors! I can’t wait for summer! But really, I love all four seasons.

Deegee- You know, I never had trouble finding my sizes at the stores. I lived in a college town, so the marketing may be a little different than the rest of WV. I drink/eat a lot of products from Silk, which has calcium in it. But, I’ll admit, I prob don’t get enough of it.

Marcy- I think everyone has a taco night! Hubs and I were just discussing that in the grocery store. I have family that lives in Hong Kong. They call their family portions “American sized” in HK. Whenever they came back to the states, they are always grossed out by how huge everything is here. Blech! I used to wear NB running shoes; they were very light. For some reason I switched to Nike, and in May when I’m due for new shoes, Im going to a local running store where they have treadmills and video set up to determine your pronation, etc. I’m not digging the Nikes.

Pinki- I’ve realized that becoming a distance runner takes up a lot of time. It’s hard sometimes. Luckily I have a pretty flexible job. Keep with it, and you’ll keep losing. I always find it easier to lose weight in the summer time. Also, your teas sound wonderful. Yum!

Bev

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the warm welcome, ladies!!!

We''ve got beautiful weather here in San Diego, so it should be a pleasant work out week outside.

Question for those that do pilates and yoga: What do you like better? Is pilates significantly different than yoga? I''ve been trying to find a low impact workout that will really work my core. As I increase mileage every week, I''m finding that the running is hard on my body. I''m getting more episodes of runner''s knee and my back kills some days. I think a lot of it has to do with a weak core. If I can work on that it will probably take a lot of stress off the other parts of my body.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Sorry I''ve been MIA. We had to order our new shower, part of it came in BROKEN and the other part won''t be here for 2 weeks. My sis''s wedding is March 26 and we were supposed to have some family staying with us through the weekend. But, I can''t see sharing the house with a family of 4 with one shower. Don''t know what I''m going to do yet.

Also, because when it rains it pours, our dryer burnt out. It seems we narrowly missed a house fire. It was a very good thing that the laundry was caught up and not stacked near the dryer. We have a big scorch mark but everything is fine. So we had to go buy a new washer dryer set. Our washer has been giving us trouble for a while so we figured we better replace both.

DH and I applied for life insurance and had to do the testing. I got my report today which shows high cholesterol and triglycerides. I''ve never been prone to high cholesterol before so I wonder if it''s not just because I had a piece of apple pie a couple hours before the blood draw??

Other than that, we''re good. I''m making a pork loin tonight with lots of leftover options. I''ve been adding a frozen veggie mix to a lot of my meals lately. It''s delish! It has gold potatoes, broccoli, carrots, peppers and onions. I haven''t really gotten a workout lately. We''ve been able to play outside, work on the house, etc, but no real workout. At this point, I''ve lost motivation. I''m just feeling fat and waddle-y.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/16/2010 2:13:17 PM
Author: Bev
Thanks for the warm welcome, ladies!!!

We''ve got beautiful weather here in San Diego, so it should be a pleasant work out week outside.

Question for those that do pilates and yoga: What do you like better? Is pilates significantly different than yoga? I''ve been trying to find a low impact workout that will really work my core. As I increase mileage every week, I''m finding that the running is hard on my body. I''m getting more episodes of runner''s knee and my back kills some days. I think a lot of it has to do with a weak core. If I can work on that it will probably take a lot of stress off the other parts of my body.
A lot of my running friends swear by yoga. I think they even have a yoga for runners. I *think* Pilates is a little more intense, but would def. strengthen your core.

I too, want to get into some sort of structured stretching such as yoga.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to say real quick MERRY!!!!!!! FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday I ended up being so tired. I had dinner with my mom at a good sushi place, went home and did some dishes, did jumping jacks, took a shower and went to bed. Tonight I''m doing biggest loser cardio though. We''re having burgers for dinner, but I''m going bunless, and making vegetables to go with.

Bella - I love your food resolution for the next few weeks!! Keep us posted, and if you need meal ideas let me know!

Sharon - Glad you had a nice warm day!!

deegee - your story is very inspirational! Thanks for asking about the back... I''m virtually pain free most days right now. My nerve is still getting pinched on occasion, but that''s all.

marcy - I love homemade tacos, and yay for your pink shoes! It is fun to be able to do so much more! And Yes we are going to have fun with our thread starters!!!

pinki - is there a website for the chai you mentioned? How much was it? I love chai but it''s hard to find really really good ones.

Beachrunner - I''m with you, sitting inside today has been pure torture! Alice in Wonderland was.... exactly that. Mixed. I thought Mr. Depp was genius as the mad hatter. Anne Hathaway''s character was very weird for no explained reason, the red queen was fantastic, most of the actual wonderland characters were portrayed well. I HATED their animation of horses though.... Have you ever seen the commercials for Barbie 3d with the horses? And they look all stiff and retarded? That''s how these were.... disappointed by that. But it''s worth seeing!!!

Bev - to answer your question, I personally prefer yoga but I really view them as two separate entities. I think pilates is REALLY GOOD for strengthening your core. Yoga is an overall strengthening that incorperates the entire body, is low impact, and works the core as well as the rest. I''m trying to develop my core more as well, as I think having my back issues has also stemmed from a poor core.

SS - oh no!!! I Hope you get your dryer and shower fixed soon!!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agggghhhhhhh, my post was just eaten by the PS monster............

So, long day, and I worked out hard tonight. Sad article Marcy and welcome to Bev. Just so you know, I'm the lone guy here.

Sorry for the fly-by, but like I said it's late and my post was eaten.......aaaaggggghhhhhhhh.........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.Bad day at work, got home late, had some wine with dinner but even though it was almost 7 I still got out there and walked for 25 minutes before doing dishes.Woo hoo!

Pinki, hang in there.You will lose weight.I found when the scale wasn’t budging the inches were.Seeing yourself in photos can be a real shocker.When I was very obese I usually threw pictures away.When I started to really change I spent hours trying to find some old pictures.Before and after pictures are very cool.Eating on the run is hard but most fast food places have nutritional values posted online so I would always pick what I could eat before I went.Many of my lunches consisted of a small burger and 10 fries sounds bad but I guess you can’t argue with my success.You have to find what works for you.

Beach Runner, I am a major Brooks fan for shoes.After pacing the house last night I decided my pink NB will not be what I wear for the race for the cure walk this summer.They didn’t really hurt my feet but they certainly didn’t give me as much support as my Brooks.How exciting to be in the 70’s tomorrow – we are expecting the 60’s.I can hardly wait.My husband spent a lot of time in Hong Kong and it’s funny he eats less now.Must be he is used to smaller portions now.Interesting.Tacos are a great supper.I think I get the most food for 400 calories in my supper with tacos.

Bev, I hate to hear you have problems with your back and knees.Glad to hear the weather is nice there.

Somethingshiny, that is very scary about your dryer.That is good it did not start a fire.I so agree when it rains it poors.Ugh.

Dragonfly, I hope you had a good night’s sleep after being tired.I feel like it is 2 am so I hope to get to bed early tonight.Sleep was elusive last night for me.It is fun being able to do so much more.On my walk tonight I thought the old me would have done dishes and sat down and ate a few pieces of candy – but I was determined to get out and walk so I did.Leaving dishes is nothing I ever do but they waited till I got home. After the dishes were done I sat down with a large glass of ice water. I am looking forward to our thread openers too.

Rod, sorry your post was eaten.I type mine in Word so if I lose I still have it.I still have trouble responding to posts in PS though.

Take care.

35.gif

Marcy

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2010 2:02:20 PM
Author: Lorelei
Date: 3/15/2010 9:20:28 AM

Author: marcyc

This is very sad:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/1027360/woman-aims-to-become-worlds-fattest

wow - there are so many layers to that story! not only does she hope to become the world''s fattest woman, she bemoans the fact that her daughter makes her move her body occasionally to take care of her, and she has to pay for her food by launching a food fetishist website.. astounding!
I was convinced it was a joke for much of the article

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results