shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 15th June till 21st June

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all!

I just wanted to start by saying OUCH to Rod dropping the bottle on his foot! I do sympathize, do you remember when the huge bottle of Chanel No 5 fell from the top of the wardrobe onto my socked pinky toe?
39.gif
I am surprised you didn''t hear my howls of agony in Florida. It went some pretty freaky colours over the following weeks and was incredibly painful but it eventually healed up, so I am sending you buckets of toe dust friend!

Anyway I digress! A major part of our journeys is the baggage we carry from childhood, how we were brought up to view food and our body image. Right from being a tiny child I was judged on my weight ( which was only a couple of extra pounds) by some of those who should have loved me unconditionally. It hurt and the pain is still there. The feeling of never being good enough as a young child, being overweight and '' clumsy'' and therefore lacking in all respects, was just typical of how I was made to feel. Also being a very fussy eater didn''t help, again I was judged for not '' liking salads'' which apparently was what I SHOULD be eating amongst other things. No wonder I was overweight and a failure - I "didn''t have the willpower" and I '' wasn''t like other kids with what I ate, not normal!!''
20.gif

Yes I had my strong likes and dislikes the same as any other children with food but basically I was made to feel like I was being awkward or abnormal. Food was always a source of misery for me all my life until the day when the penny finally dropped for me and I vowed I would and could start on this journey and stop with the stupid ridiculous diets. This I have done with success, yes I still have a long way to go and my relationship with food is not great but I keep trying and have the confidence now that I will be successful. I know I will never be good enough in the opinion of some people but you know that is ok and as long as I FEEL reasonably positive about myself, that is all that matters to me.

Have a great week
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Happy Monday my HLT friends!

35.gif

I am up early because Marty left for DIA already.

Lorelei, I bet dropping a giant bottle of perfume on your foot hurt a lot.Your journey and struggles with extra pounds, being a fussy eater and other people’s opinion sound like they were taken right out of my life.It is something I have always struggled with.Even now that I am so dramatically different I know I am far from perfect and try to not let other people’s opinion matter but they do.

Arjunajane, glad to hear the pump class gives you such a great workout.Good luck with the measurements this week.

Have a great day.

Marcy

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei - that was a great opener, and hit very close to home. Although my family never said much about my weight, I was teased all through elementary school and middle school for my weight. I didn''t like salad either, and was very into single portion pizzas. I thinned out in highschool, but was eating like a bird, and altogether wasn''t healthy. After highschool I began eating whatever again and had not ridden as much so gained again, until last year when I decided enough was enough. I eat what I want now, but in moderation, and I control myself.

I read this morning that Paul McCartney is promoting Meat Free Mondays in hopes of helping with the cause against global warming, by reducing greenhouse gases caused by the meat we eat. I will be joining on this and not eating any meat today, or any Monday until further notice. Today I''ll have waffles with yogurt for breakfast (Kashi makes a high fibre whole grain waffle that is mmm good), lunch will be salad with strawberries and feta, and I''m still a bit undecided about dinner. I''m going to take a banana for a snack today.

Workout will be tonight and I''m going to do a combination routine that does sculpting moves with 1 min sprinting of cardio (I do butt kicks) in between. It includes mountain climbers, some ground leg work, push ups, three way kicks, and bicycle crunches. I''m going to add to it though and include jumping lunges, 100 regular crunches on the ball, and some weight moves to make sure I''m targeting every area.

Hope you all have a great Monday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday morning kids!

At my office right now but will be heading home in a few minutes to work out. I forgot to weigh myself this morning before I bolted into my clothes (this 9:00 am meeting totally slipped my mind until almost 8:30--ack) but that may be for the better given what I ate yesterday... One of my girlfriends might come over today (which is supposed to be the only nice day this week) so we can lie out at the pool deck and tan our cellulite, LOL.

Lorelei, great opener! And add me to the "things dropped resulting in a broken toe" club. I once dropped a frozen chicken on my toe. OUCH!!!

Marcy, you are indeed up early! Have a great day!

Dragonfly, WOW what a workout you have planned -- you GO GIRL!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/15/2009 9:58:35 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
Happy Monday morning kids!

At my office right now but will be heading home in a few minutes to work out. I forgot to weigh myself this morning before I bolted into my clothes (this 9:00 am meeting totally slipped my mind until almost 8:30--ack) but that may be for the better given what I ate yesterday... One of my girlfriends might come over today (which is supposed to be the only nice day this week) so we can lie out at the pool deck and tan our cellulite, LOL.

Lorelei, great opener! And add me to the ''things dropped resulting in a broken toe'' club. I once dropped a frozen chicken on my toe. OUCH!!!

Marcy, you are indeed up early! Have a great day!

Dragonfly, WOW what a workout you have planned -- you GO GIRL!
LOL! I remember you did Dee - bloody OW!!!!!

Hi DF and Marcy!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am at GOAL weight
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif
3.gif
woohoo.gif
finally
12.gif
; I lost 1.7 lbs at my weigh in at Weight Watchers!! It took me a little over a year to lose a Total of 33 lbs (when I actually started focusing on weight loss); but like Lorelei, Rod and Marcy and the others say Slow and Steady wins the race
2.gif
really it does! I had my set backs here and there and for a few months I was just maintaining but got busy these past few months to lose the last 10 lbs and it feels good!!!!! hehe

I will see if I can lose 5 more lbs but if not I am very Happy
9.gif
where I'm at!! It felt great to be at the wedding this weekend to be wearing smaller clothes and my dad called me skinny which made me feel great too (bless him)!!! hehe I am not skinny but I am at a comfortable weight which will allow me to indulge once in awhile and maintain this weight and be healthy overall. I should probably post a before and after pic sometime.

Thank you all for your support on this thread and for Lorelei kicking us off each week rain or shine or shall i say pants or shine!!!!
emhot.gif
This is such a great weekly thread to keep me motivated and the support we give each other on our journey; thanks Healthy lifestyle friends
thankyou.gif

Yesterday my friend and I walked 4.5 miles. I need go somewhere this morning and then we wait for the cable guy between 1 pm and 5pm, oh well! Then I need to mow the lawn tomorrow evening and maybe a short walk
1.gif

Have a great week everyone!

ROD ~ huge hugs; I am so sorry about the toe. I hope it gets better soon and isn't broken.
8.gif

MARCY ~ my hubby will be gone Wed too; I am excited I get the whole house to myself. hehe I know I will miss him after 3 or 4 days though.

DRAGONFLY ~ hubby and I eat meat only once a week and we do have veggie dinners about 3 or 4 times a week so good for you! What are butt kicks? Sounds like a great workout!!!

DEEJAY ~ enjoy the pool; I love swimming!!!! Sounds like a great day and don't work too hard.

LORELEI ~ great opener as always, ouch to the baby toe. I kicked my baby toe into a sharp corner but never had it turn black and blue; that hurts!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Good morning all and I hope you have a super week!
35.gif

I ran the 5k yesterday morning. FUN! I love short races. Heck, I love long races! It was a good time. Interesting to run a race on a horse trail. Dodging "bullets" and running in 3-4 inch loose dirt was definately a different terrain. So it was easy on the joints, but very much like running on the beach, as you had to fight the fact that your feet were sinking into the ground... but it was fun! Though the stinky part of it was all the loose dirt clouded in the air, and made it difficult for me to breathe. Given the terrain and my HR all week long I took it easy on this run. Though I still was able to finish in my signature sprint. Afterwards my DH and I went out for breakfast. It was a fun treat and a nice weekend.

"Success isn''t how far you got, but the distance you traveled from where you started." -Steve Prefontaine

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
TLH, wooo hoooo for your awesome run superwoman!!!!! Yay to Danielle too for her superwoman race!!! You ladies are rock stars and so inspiring!
36.gif

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Monday everyone! No workouts to report since Saturday''s race, but I am sooo bummed! My race that was scheduled for this Friday was cancelled due to scheduling conflicts in the park where they hold the race! I like this race b/c most of the ones we do are by my parents house at the beach and this one is actually by my house and it''s where I run normally. So super bummed, but then also really happy I did run in the race this past weekend. Tonight after class my plan is to do the Jillian video. Tomorrow is a running day - can''t wait!

Last night, hubs & I stocked up on lots of healthy foods at the grocery store. He''s actually trying to gain weight, but wants to do so by eating lots of healthy foods and not just eating fast food every day for lunch. So this is good in the sense we can eat all the same stuff, I will just eat about half what he does!

Lorelei - glad you got to a place where your opinion of yourself is more important than others!

Rod - sorry about your toe!!

Marcy - sorry to hear Marty is gone already again! Glad you got some treadmill time in last week :).

Dragonfly - I like kashi waffles too. I get the Honey Oat ones and have them with peanut butter, yummmmmm.

Dee - your posts always make me laugh. Don''t know what''s happening in Chicago but I''ve felt like we''ve had non-stop rain in NJ for over a month! It is killer for trying to run outside or just enjoy the day!

Skippy - YAY FOR BEING AT YOUR GOAL WEIGHT!! I''d love to see a before/after picture, those are always my favorites in magazines, hehehehe.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Great job!!

tlh - that 5k sounds fun on the trail, although I''m not sure I''d enjoy the dirty flying in the air either! I love going out for breakfast.

Hope everyone else has a good day!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Happy Monday everyone!!

My mom came up for her birthday, she'll be leaving tomorrow. We did a lobster dinner last night for her b-day. Today I did my first morning run ever. It was a super short one, probably just under 2 miles. I did it "interval style" with sprints and walking in between. I think I'll try to work out again tonight, but we'll see. I finally bought a set of dining room chairs to replace the ones that I've been hating for the past 4 yrs. :) They look AWESOME!

Skippy!!! WOOOO HOOOO!!!! YOu reached your goal weight! That's SO AWESOME!!!!! Good for you!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Lorelei, I haven't had the same experience as you did, but I can totally see how something like that can effect your perception of healthy living. Kudos to you for overcoming it.

TLH, yay for 5Ks!!! Sis and I have one in early July in the evening. It should be fun :)

Dragon, Good luckon the meat free days. Does that count fish?

Dee, Enjoy the sunshine. The weather was beautiful yesterday wasn't it?

Danielle, Awesome your hubby is joining you on the healthy lifestyle change :)

~Lisa

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.

35.gif
I started my day with cinnamon toast and fresh fruit.I had some whole wheat pasta for lunch with a piece of sourdough bread and for supper I had a burger on the grill with raw veggies.My evening treat was slow churned ice cream.

I joined a water cooler group instead of packing in a cooler with water from home.It will get me up and walking around a bit more.In our busy season I don’t know how well I’ll like it but I am going to try it.I usually pack in five 16 oz. bottles of water a day in a cooler so that will be nice not to carry that in everyday.

Dragonfly, I too recall being teased my entire life at school.I never cared for salads or cooked vegetables.I love sweets, pizzas, fried foods which just made it worse.It was a vicious cycle being unhappy about being overweight so I just ate more.Sounds like you have a well rounded workout plan.

DeeJay, some Monday’s it’s a good idea not to weigh.Ouch for dropping a frozen chicken on your toe.I hope you enjoy the nice weather today.

Skippy, congratulations on reaching your goal!!!!

hi501.gif
I am so excited for you.
cheerleader1.gif
I plan on doing some more house organizing this week while Marty is gone; maybe start on cleaning out the kitchen so I can get some of Marty’s much ignored coffee grinder, cappuccino pt and espresso pots off the counter.I have an excess of bowls I can thin out and wooden spoons, etc.I am sure you’ll enjoy the quiet while your husband is gone too but we do miss them as well.

Tlh, glad you ran your 5K and did so well with it.

Danielle, rats for having your race cancelled.Glad to hear you are going running tomorrow.That is great you stocked up on healthy food.How wonderful your husband wants to gain weight.I wish I had that problem.

Lisa, congratulations on doing your first run.Woo hoo!Yay for getting new dining room chairs.I remember finally getting my table and chairs about 4 years ago.We had a hand me down table that we were delighted to get rid of them finally.

I graded papers already so I am off to the treadmill.

36.gif

Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great entries folks!

Miss Skippy: congrats on your goal wieght! Way to go girl!!
TLH: cool running gigs!
Marcy: glad DH is baack safe and sound
Rod: take care of your foot!

35.gif
Danielle and Lisa and DJ!

Walked/ran/biked today. Weather is fine so I am outdoors s much as possible!

Take care gangaronni!
35.gif

cheers--Sharon

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........OK.......something's got it out for me (us). Can you say day from H#!!???????? Trust me, I (we) can. Let's see, my foot throbbed all night, so I got very little, if any sleep. The alarm went off at 6:15 and that's when the day went really south. Remember, we live in a highrise condo (that we can't afford, so it's been for sale - for a loooooong time). When I get up, I go to the front door and get our morning paper. So, this morning, I open the door and bleary eye'd, I notice the carpet outside our entry doors is absolutely soaked. I mean flood soaked carpet and a HUGE section of it. Uh Oh........I'm praying, please don't let that be caused from anything inside our home......Please. So, I go to the back area of the condo to the closet where our water heater and water softener are and I open the door to see water spraying all over a now completely soaked section of drywall. Crap. We've got a major flood thing going on. Then, I stubbed my broken toe on the way to get Charlie up, because of course misery deserves company, Right? So, I get the water softener system off and call the emergency number we have, which of course lead to no one. SO, here we are in the hallway, trying to sop too many gallons of water with a towel and trying to wring the towel in a bucket. Puhleeze, this act of desperation was getting us nowhere. So, we just sat and waited till the maintenance guy got to work at 7:30 and had him come up. We knew the building has a wet/dry vacuum, so he brought that up and started sucking up the water. He managed to suck up about 10 gallons. Then I called the water softener people at 8:00 only to be told they don't have service techs on Monday. OK....that was the wrong thing to tell me. I must have sounded like a fish-monger's wife, so the poor person on the other end of the phone promised he'd get someone out, since he "guessed" it was an emergency. Oh really, like flooding the hallways in our 'uber' expensive tower isn't an emergency? Puhleeze........Then when the building manager arrived, I met with her and she didn't seem to have a clue what we we're supposed to do. I remembered someone else in the tower having a water leak once and they hired a Disaster Recovery Service, so we figured out who that was and I called them. Of course since this will likely cost $$ thousands to clean up, they were here in like 10 seconds to start tearing things like carpet, drywall, baseboards up. Its' really really depressing to see your drywall being destroyed. Of course I couldn't go to work. We had no water for a long time. The water softener company wound up sending the owner and president to fix our unit. I guess they told him there was a ballistic customer and they were afraid I'd show up with a rifle and start taking people out, so he came and found the problem (a teensy hole in a teensy feeder line (good lord how could such a small hole, create such a HUGE mess?), fixed it and didn't even charge us the $100 service charge we were told we'd be required to pay. He was probably afriad I'd deck him. So, by about 2:00 PM, water was turned on again, I finally took a shower and dressed for work. Now we have these huge (I mean really big) undustrial (I mean droning loud noisy obnoxious humidifier fans in our hallway and in the closet where the carnage began) that I'm not sure how we'll sleep tonight with this oh so lovely sound droning on. At least the company we hired, provides total renovation services. They'll put everythin back, fix the drywall, put back the baseboards, repaint whatever needs to be repainted and this lovely episode shall be history..........If you're still reading. Thanks! It actually feels cathartic to have written about this lovely day. Oh and the stress of this oh so special day, caused my leg to hurt worse. Significantly worse. Obviously, there's a distinct connection between stress and the pinched sciatic nerve.

Lorelei.....thanks for the good wishes on my (likely broken toe). I do remember when the perfume bottle landed on your toe. Who knew such pain and agony could be caused by such small things?? And I really related to this week's opener. I probably relate more than most. As a kid, food was the only thing in abundance we had. It's why weight had (past tense -YAY) been an issue for me my entire life. At every meal, we ate as though it was our last meal on this planet. And kids made lot's of fun of me growing up. I was always last to picked for any sports things, so I shied away from sports altogether and immersed myself in studies and music (did you know I was a degreed clarinetist in college?). I could go on and on...suffice it to say, I'm glad I changed my life around.

Marcy, I'm sure I missed it, but what did Marty bring home from HK? I'm sure he didn't want to get on a plane again this morning. I'm not sure I could have traveled so soon after a marathon trip back from Hong Kong. Thanks for your sypmathy on my toe too!

Hey dragon, I hope you're workout was good tonight. I'm not sure I'll be able to workout tomorrow night with my bum toe..........

Happy Monday to you too DeeJay! A whole frozen chicken on your toe? Sadly, I CAN imagine the pain that caused.......

WOO HOO for making goal Skippy!! I'm so proud of you!!!!!! Thanks for you hugs too!!

YAY for enjoying the 5K tlh. Running on a horse trail must have been really challenging!

Thansk Danielle. I'm sorry your bummed about the race near your place being cancelled. WOO HOO for stocking up on healthy foods.

Yum to lobster dinner for your mom's birthday lliang!! Way to go on your interval style run!! Interval runs are great cardio boost......

Thank you Sharon! Yay for good weather and it sounds like you took full advantage of it.. You go........

OK...enought from me. I'm exhausted and am going to shut down and try to relax enough to get a full nights sleep. I'm not sure if I'll do the gym tomorrow night or not. It depends on how my toe feels. I'm not doing legs or cardio these days because of my sciatica, so I may be able to go. I'll try to check in tormorrow night. Sorry for the TMI (too much information) in my first paragraph above, but it did feel good to write it.........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sharon, glad to hear the weather is cooperating for you.

Rod, what a horrid day for you.I am so sorry to hear about the water leak, mess and frustration plus the expense.Hugs to you my friend.Marty brought me a matching necklace and earrings.They are groups of 3 pearls, one white, one peach and one lavender.The earrings are on wire hooks and the necklace has a group of pearls then about 2 inches of chain then another group of pearls.He said his 90 minute flight to Phoenix was like a commuter flight after the last one he was on.I guess the plane and airport was packed this morning they only had 15 minutes before boarding once they got to the gate.I hope you sleep well tonight.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Rod honey, BIGGEST BIGGEST BIGGEST hugs outgoing to you and Charlie. Hang in there my friiend.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Quick post from me! I''m just on my way to do an hour of spin and an hour of tone! My lets are still tired from doing a spin class and a step class last night but I''m sure they''ll be fine once I start exercising. We''re off to the castle tomorrow and then the wedding''s on Thursday-can''t wait!

Skippy-wooooohhhooooo! That''s amazing that you''re at goal weight! Well done!

Rod-sorry to hear about your bad day-hope you got a decent nights sleep.

Hi to everyone else-sorry I don''t have time for a longer post!

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
Can I say hello and introduce myself to this thread as I haven''t ventured onto the HL board before?

I''m Jo and I''m not as healthy as I should be. I''ve lost 16lbs in the past 10 months on WW, but find that I start and stop on it (often when stuff is going on in personal life). I''ve not been doing any exercise and although I''m only 28, due to other complications I am on blood pressure meds, added to that I have PCOS which doesn''t help at all. Boo me. I am technically not overweight (anymore) but could do with loosing another 15lbs to be in the middle of a healthy range. I get married next year (411 days to go!!) and want to be a healthy bride.

Anyway- inspired by this thread, I''ve just put on a work out DVD (my only one and I''ve never watched it before) and done a 40 minute workout.

I look forward to reading about your journeys towards a healthier lifestyle and hope that you can keep me motivated to stay on mine.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Happy Tuesday Everyone!
35.gif

Danielle - it is understandable that you are bummed. I would be too. But at least you had a good run this weekend!
lliang_chi- yay! aren''t morning runs AWESOME!
marcy- what a wonderful gift from the hubs!
canukgal- I love outdoor workouts WHENEVER possible!
Rod- OH MY! That is a lot of stress to handle! I''m sure you''ll get through it... but it sounds like it stinks right now.
bee*- I''m excited for you!
saphire - welcome! and best wishes!

This morning''s run, ROCKED! My legs are having the 2nd day wobbles and it was great! I can feel that running in beach like conditions really made the quads burn.. so they are just sore in areas that weren''t expected, WHICH IS AWESOME!!! My HR was through the roof not only on Sunday''s run, but also todays and my resting HR is much higher than normal. So I do believe my ticker is telling me to slow things down a bit. Elevated HRs are an indicator of overtraining... and paying attn to little things like this can help to avoid injury. So I may be doing a little more swimming than usual. The hubs and I have been looking at the race calendar and trying to decide which races we want to enter in, so that we can tailor our training schedule accordingly. Which is always fun--- this year will be interesting since we have to accomodate his 70.3IM recovery into it... interesting!

"Many of life''s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." -Steve Prefontaine

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for your sweet words on hitting my goal weight!!!
hug.gif

Yesterday I mowed our lawn but jogged doing it; I probably looked silly but it got my heartrate up!
3.gif
I will go walking this evening and tomorrow I will get up early and jog; I have to get up early anyway and take hubby to the airport.

Today is suppose to hit 90!
emhot.gif
Hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DANIELLE, thanks friend! Oh no, I am so sorry your race was cancelled, bummer. You did awesome on your run this past weekend; you are fast! Yay for your workout! Yay hubby and you getting healthy foods; that is awesome!

LISA, thanks friend! Oh how fun to be spending time with your mom; happy birthday to her!!!!
emcake.gif
mmmm, yum to lobster! Yay for running this morning; that is awesome! Yay for a new dining room chairs too; new furniture is fun!

MARCY, yum to raw veggies and your meals! I love drinking water; yay for walking to the cooler! thanks friend, it feels good to be here; I get to join the club. hehe

SHARON, thanks friend! yay for your walk/run/bike today; yay for a ride on the Giant!!!!! hehe

ROD, thanks friend! Oh my gosh, I am so sorry; that sounds horrible! One time we went on vacation and came back to about an inch of water in our house; it was a nightmare. I feel for you. Huge hugs to you and Charlie and hope you get it fixed soon. so sorry dear friend.
8.gif

BEE, wooooooo for spin and tone; you are going to be a gorgeous bride!!! Wow, the wedding is here in a couple of days, yay, super duper exciting!!!!
36.gif

thanks friend!

SAPPHIRELOVE welcome!!! Glad you joined us and Congrats on the 16 lbs; I am a WW too! Yay for the upcoming wedding! Great job on the workout!!

TLH, wooo for a rockin run!!!!!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Skippy,
CONGRATS ON REACHING YOUR GOAL WEIGHT!!!!!
emotion-19.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.........So, r u ready for water disaster PART 2????? Yep, the water nightmare continued. So, to remind you. Water. Lot''s of it Sunday night. Things seemed to be better when they fixed the water softener, cut holes in our drywall and removed baseboards, plugged in huge load drying machines and this should have been the start of a happy (albeit expensive) ending. But was that the end. Noooooooooo. I was keyed up last night after the fun and had a difficult time falling asleep. I finally drifted off about 1 AM. About 4 AM, Charlie heard a pop and got up. He opened the front door and yelled for me to get up immediately. Water was again flowing down the hallway. I rushed to closet where the water softener is located, opened the door and saw water spraying all over the place. (insert expletive deletive here - maybe lot''s of them........) I got the softener turned off, called the disaster people (we''re becoming good friends at this point AND believe it or not, they work around the clock). They load up the disaster truck and head out here to suck up gallons of water. More holes in walls, more baseboards removed. This takes hours of course. I call the water softener people and if they thought I was fishmonger''s wife yesterday, today, I''m a terroist. I tell them the softener has to go. We can''t have this happen again. They of course try to calm me down and say they can get it fixed, but truly, it''s going to go. As soon as everything''s dry and the nasty noisy drying machines have been removed (oh and btw., these monster machines are costing us $110/day per machine) the water softener is going too. I''m so tired and cranky. Oh and I did get to work about 10 AM on top of everything. I was way too tired to think about going to the gym, so Charlie and I just had leftovers for dinner and then slipped out for a cup of coffee at Sbucks. I''m truly wiped out.

Thanks Marcy. The pearls sound fantastic. Year''s ago, that''s we brought our mother''s back from HK.

Thank you DeeJay.........

You too bee*!!

Welcome SaphireLover!!

Thank as well tlh and I''m glad your run rocked!

Skippy, thanks for your hugs. Now I have this image of you running and pushing a lawn mower in my head!!! I''m betting it was enteraining to watch to say the least!!!
31.gif

OK....cranky, water logged Rod out...........

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Rod: Oh my goodness--yikes! I wish the water would just go away...the oddest thing ia that in two weeks I''ve had two friends with water heater failures at their homes...similar stories to yours...lots of water, lots of headaches, and lots of $$$$!! Take care!

cheers--Sharon

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Rod, my heart
emlove.gif
goes out to you and Charlie, that is just awful!!!!!!
39.gif
I am glad I made you laugh but I feel awful for you two. Biggest hugs!!!!

TLH, thanks sweet friend!!!!

SHARON I am sorry that happened to your friend too.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei~ What a great opener! I have the issues from growing up that I thought were behind me. But, still, my mom makes comments about what I eat, how I look, etc. I was always called names by my mom, dad, and older brother. Toad, heifer, butter her hips, etc. My mom put me on a very strict diet in the second grade. I literally thought she hated me. I didn''t like salads at the time and it was nearly all I could eat. I was made to feel ginormous when I started wearing my mom''s clothes in the sixth grade. Let me insert this info now; my mom was a ladies size 4. I outweighed my mom by that time too, all 100 pounds of her! It''s harder than you think to get over those comments, especially when they keep coming. I have MUCH more self confidence now at a size 18 than I did at a size 8! (I should''ve been walking around bikini clad!) But, physical confidence aside, for me it''s about becoming more confident in my lifestyle choices. Also, in the broken toe club (big toe)! I dropped a heavy cookie sheet on my foot and broke it. Although, I didn''t realize how badly I injured it until I went boating with no shoes on and broke it again so badly that it stuck out to the side at a very odd angle!

dragonfly~ I haven''t heard about meat-free-Mondays. Interesting...

Skippy~ CONGRATULATIONS!!! Wahoo!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYYAY!!!!! You''ve done really great!

tlh~ LOL!! I had to laugh over your "short race" comment! Some of us weren''t made for running!! I can''t imagine running on a horse trail though...I''m thinking they were more like grenades than bullets!

Danielle~ Yay for your race! btw~ I was thinking of your "Jillian Michaels is the devil" comment when I turned it on a couple days ago. Obviously, I didn''t get very far!

lliang~ Yay for new chairs!! What do they look like? Hope you had lots of fun with your mom!

canuk~ enjoy the outdoors! I''m outside as much as possible too.

Rod~ Your foot injury was bad enough, but this water damage...I feel for you. I was fit to be tied when our house was flooded, and that was just the basement!! I can''t believe the cost; I hope your insurance will cover the expense.

Marcy~ Your pearls sound lovely! Did you post them in the Pearl Forum?

SapphireLover~ Welcome to the HLT!! Losing 16 lbs with PCOS is HUGE!!! I have PCOS and it''s all I can do to maintain my weight. I wish you luck on reaching your goal weight for your wedding!

Hello, all!!!

As you may remember, I''ve had some weird blood sugars lately. After some research, I decided I should go to the doctor (which for those of you counting, is visit number 4 in as many months!!) So, by doc''s review, my wrist is great (told ya!) my bronchitis is hanging on (more meds for that..) and I may be pre-diabetic. I had to take a glucose tolerance test today and will know the results tomorrow. JT was a very big baby and I have PCOS which are both risks for developing diabetes. So, according to the dr, if I go on metformin, I may easily lose weight because my body won''t keep storing everything it gets. That would be great, don''t get me wrong, but the thought of being on meds every day for life seems a little excessive. I''m trying to look on the bright side and think of it this way; at least I know I HAVE to get in better shape to keep my body healthy, I''ll know in plenty of time to get everything under control (even if by meds) to reduce the risk of a serious effect of diabetes, and (fingers crossed) I''ll be able to get pregnant.

DH still has no job prospects and JT broke out in hives, Other than that, things are great. It''s been rainy today so we were only able to be outside for a couple hours. I wasn''t able to do yoga because of the blood draws today, but I think I should be fine tomorrow. I was so proud of JT today! A friend from next door was telling JT all about his chicken nuggets and mac and cheese lunch. JT turned to him and excitedly said "I get pork chops and carrots for supper!" It was so cute. He was so excited about it, his little friend began thinking he got the shaft with the nuggets!

Wow, that was longer than I had intended! Sorry!!

For those of you still reading, what kind of bra do you wear during workouts?? I can''t find a sports bra that fits (36H or 38G) and my underwires are killing me! I''ve tried the built-in tanks and it''s what i usually wear, but they just don''t have enough support. Any tips?? (totally didn''t mean for that to sound weird!)

HAVE A GREAT TOMORROW!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.

35.gif
I started my day with cinnamon toast and fresh fruit.Mmm sounds like a pattern.I had some cheerios for my mid morning snack.Lunch was a piece of sour dough bread with some roast beef and a small piece of cheese and some baked lays.For supper I met my parents at Olive Garden and ate one bread stick, some salad with low fat dressing, ½ of my spaghetti and meatballs and a glass of wine.I had some slow churned ice cream when I got home.

I stopped by the grocery store to pick up stuff for a BBQ on father’s day.We’ll invite over both of our parents.I got ground sirloin, brats, buns, chips, raw veggies and we’ll pick up some beer and wine.I will make something fattening for dessert.

Bee, I can’t believe you are off to the cool castle tomorrow then you are getting married on Thursday.Congratulations to you and Mr. Bee.

SapphireLover, welcome to the thread.You had my attention at “sapphirelover” – ha ha.Yay for being excited and working out to your DVD.Congratulations on losing 16 pounds.This is a great group of people who come here to vent, share joys and sorrows and certainly to help with inspiration and motivation.I look forward to getting to know you better.

Skippy, I had to chuckle picturing you jogging while mowing the lawn.What talent you have.90 sounds very warm to me.We are still in the 70’s at best. Now you are living on “main-tenance” street.LOL.

Tlh, I love how excited you get about your runs.I on the other hand get excited about my walks.Good luck finding some great races for you guys to enter.

Rod, I’d be cranky too.What a mess to deal with.PS dust coming your way to get it all taken care of quickly.Hopefully your insurance will pay for a lot of it.

Sharon, sorry to hear about your friends water problems too.

Somethingshiny, sorry to hear you dealt with hurtful comments over the years.I had them too but I sure tried to not let them bother me but they do stick with you.Ouch to breaking your toe so badly.Yes, I did post a picture of the pearls in the pearl thread.I hope the doctor can find the right meds to help straighten out your blood sugar.Glad to hear your wrist is doing well.

Well, take care!

Marcy

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last quick flyby post-my trainer worked me so hard in the classes yesterday-can feel every muscle in my legs today! We''re pretty much all packed up and ready to go-I''m going to a step class this morning and then getting a manicure done and then I''m off to the venue! So excited and can''t believe it''s tomorrow! Just hope the weather improves-it''s torrential rain here at the moment...not looking good! Talk to you all soon!

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
I am slightly super motivated. Woke up this morning and did part two of my Super Body Workout DVD. Its two 40 minute workouts, one based on cardio kickboxing and the other based on toning and cardio. I also looked up the swimming times at the local pool, although I am not promising anything!

Bee- Have an absolutely AMAZING wedding day!!!

Somethingshiny- Have you read Theresa Cheung''s The Ultimate PCOS Handbook? Its really useful. It actually talks about how the ideal diet for PCOS sufferers is one that is recommended for those with Syndrome X (the pre-diabetic) phase. Its quite helpful, although some of it is a bit stating the obvious. Have you considered seeing a nutritionist for some advice on how to manage your symptoms? They can be quite helpful. I saw one a couple of years ago due to bloating and it really helped. I am considering going back as I have some different concerns and would like some more advice about my diet, blood pressure, PCOS and boosting fertility (although not actively trying now, looking at starting trying in the next year) as I want to be in tip top health!

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone! Sorry I couldn''t check in yesterday - work was craaaaaazy.

Monday I wasn''t able to do the Jillian video as my class went the full time so I was home late and then I had to finish up some reports for work after I got home so I was going from 7:30am-midnight! The workout just wasn''t happening! However, I kept my food really in check so it didn''t seem to hurt me at all.

Yesterday I was at work very bright and early still working on these reports (!) so I left right at 5pm. Yesterday was a running day and I had planned to do 3.5 miles. I felt like I was going really fast and it was a really hard workout, but every time I would check my Nike + it said I was running slower than 12 minute miles and when I got to what I thought was 2 miles it said I was at 1.75. I trusted it and continued on until it said I hit 3.5 miles and it was 43:52 which was a 12:30 pace. I was much more tired than I normally would be at a 12:30 pace so I went inside and checked my route on mapmyrun.com. I went 4 miles! No wonder it felt so hard - I was running at practically race pace! So I guess I need to recalibrate my Nike +, hahaha. I must have been feeling very ambitious yesterday so after I came in from running I turned on the Jillian video. I only got through 15 minutes and I had to turn it off, I was wayyyyy too tired! I don''t use my arms to run, but I couldn''t even do my pushups. So I''ll try to fit it in today, but I was happy cause I got an hour of fitness in yesterday. I ended up going to sleep at 9:30pm so I was definitely really tired.

Liang - great job doing the run in the morning! I really wish I could get up to do that, but I just am not a morning person. I keep trying to get up to do the Jillian video or weights at least, but it never happens :).

Sharon - glad the weather is holding out for you - do you think it will snow anymore this year for you?

Rod - I''m so sorry to hear about your water troubles. That is terrible. In my parents old house the basement used to flood all the time when it rained and it was terrible even with the concrete walls and nothing on the floor! I can only imagine what it''s like in your main living area. I hope that it works out eventually!!!

Bee - CONGRATULATIONS on your wedding - hope it goes famously and the weather improves for you!!!!!

SapphireLover - welcome! Great job losing 16 pounds already!!

tlh - whoo on a fun run :).

skippy - I love the idea of you jogging while mowing the lawn - that is awesome!

somethingshiny - hahah about Jillian. It really is a tough workout, but definitely gets easier the more you do it. Even at level 1, I will modify things if I need to (put my arms down, hold the lunge instead of moving the entire time). If I do it consistently I can do all parts of the workout - except I still do girl pushups. I hope everything works out with the pre-diabetes. I know being on medication stinks, but sometimes the positive effects are worth it!

Marcy - yum Olive Garden breadsticks!!! That''s nice you are able to meet your parents during the week. My parents moved 3 years ago to an hour away from me (used to be 15 minutes) & sometimes I really miss seeing them during the week!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2009 5:45:16 PM
Author: tlh
Skippy,

CONGRATS ON REACHING YOUR GOAL WEIGHT!!!!!
emotion-19.gif

HUGE DITTO on that, great job Skip!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Bee* - you''re my hero, you go hard girl! A spin and step class on the same night, no wonder your legs hurt, lol!
How exciting about the wedding! Have you reached a goal weight in time? (or did you have one, sorry I don''t know your history)..I''d like to try spin (it''s called RPM here), is it difficult?

As for me, I had a good gym workout on tues, but nothing today, as I had my last exam and so am enjoying a treat day as a reward (read= lots of food and more than a couple vodkas, lol). That last exam was really challenging and I despised the unit, so I''m just so stoked its all over!

As planned, I had my measurements and weight re-done by the same trainer who did them originally, in the hopes of getting things straight..
So, I jump on the techy, fancy gym scales..and turns out I''ve lost almost 10kgs and 10% body fat in the last 5 weeks..
6.gif

......Well, I feel a lil slimmer and def. more toned, but I just knew this could not be correct - after two trainers also tested them out, turns out these amazing special brand new gym scales are totally stuffed, kaput - waaay off.
So, I still have no idea how I''m tracking
20.gif

She did take my measurements and overall things have reduced a lil, so that was slightly encouraging.
Thinking its really time to invest in my own scales hey folks? they just can''t seem to get this right, lol!

I plan to take my first Le Mills Body Attack class tomorrow, which is supposed to be pretty full on - but I was watching the girls do it the other night and it looked really fun!
Let''s hope I don''t get too hungover to go!
41.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Rod- I''m sorry about the water disasters. That is such a stresser. I hope all improves soon.

Shiny- I must say I love your self confidence and your outlook on healthy living. Sometimes it is about finding a healthy lifestyle and weight for OURSELVES, and not what is right for others, even when blood related. I hope that you get your results back and that they get you the answers to the quetions you are looking for. As far as bras go, I dont really have a problem finding a sports bra as my sisters are more like a white castle than a quarterpounder with cheese, but I still don''t like my ladies to have ANY sort of bounce. So I make sure I get the bra to be comfortable, but TIGHT. Not tight enough to restrict circulation - but tight enough that it is uncomfortable for anything OTHER than working out. If that makes sense. Now my girlfriend has BAZOOKAS. She has to special order her bras for regular wear! As far as sports bras go, she says she double or tripples up... so avoid the wires and stuff poking her. She says it helps minimize the bounce. Of course she just recently lost 20 pounds, and said she thinks a lot of that came from her front friendlies, so it has made the search a little easier, but she has to constantly replace the bras. Like every 6-8 weeks or so due to stretching the fabric. I dont know if this helps or not, but I wish you the best!

Marcy- I LOVE OLIVE GARDEN, YUMMO! I am impressed that you stopped at one breadstick, I LOVE those things! mmm
I''m glad you get excited about your walks. Personally I feel if you are excited about it, it doesn''t matter the activity. There is an entire subsect of marathon walkers, and they scoutt out walker friendly courses, and it is SOO COOL! I personally believe that the marathon walker is a real hero. To have the strength and devotion to finish what you start - no matter how long it takes, is INSPIRING. One course I was looking at has a 9 HOUR TIME LIMIT, and yes, some participants take that entire time to complete the course. Just think about that... sure a runner may have done that in 3,4,5 hours... but to continue to 6,7,8,9!!! (9 hour marathon is a 20 min/mile or 3mph walking pace.) The mental strength THAT PERSON has! INCREDIBLE! Plus it really excites me that an event would pay to keep a course open in order to encourage more particpants to set the goal and TRY... it is really cool.

Saphire - so excited you are motivated and pumped up. Finding the spark for something you''ll enjoy will make it a lifelong partnership!

Danielle - great job on your run and getting in some upper body work w/ Jillian. Having a strong core you''ll find will help you out on your long runs.

Yesterday was good eats. I did go out for lunch w/ the hubs and ate more than I would normally consume, but 600 calories for lunch+ desert isn''t too bad. This morning I went on my wakeup run. It is starting to get hot again. Darn. I''ve been enjoying the cooler mornings, but the 80''s are here (at 5:30?!?) and will be creeping up to the 90''s before the end of summer. But I am having the BEST WEEK EVER. My mom, dad, and baby brother have all signed up for a local 5k run. It is really cool for me. My mom is NOT A RUNNER. That basically is her mantra. It is a weird thing how people think that if you run/walk, or even run slow, you''re not a runner. Well that''s a complete load of garbage. Call it trotting, jogging, running whatever, there is a difference in RUNNING and WALKING... and even another subset in between in SPEED WALKING. All three use your muscles differently. You know what you are doing when you are out there, if you aren''t speed walking, or walking, you''re RUNNING. Well my mom is going to RUN THE 5K!!!! WHOO HOO! My bro & pops will be walking and I am just as excited about that!

"If you fail to prepare, prepare to fail." -Steve Prefontaine

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results